What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Investigation: Trump Pardons Flynn (8 Viewers)

mueller's bombing run on Friday was timed perfectly to occur before Helsinki, where he must have known what was going to be the outcome. 

then today he drops the NRA / GOP connection, which is timed perfectly to incent GOP congresscritters to begin to distance themselves from trump. 

20d chess being played before our eyes

Oliver Darcy‏Verified account @oliverdarcy

Chris Wallace on Fox previewing interview w/Putin. Wallace says he "did something I suspect President Trump did not" & held up indictment to Putin. Wallace says Putin "wouldn't touch it" and, "We went back & forth in quite an intense way. This is pretty remarkable television..."

12:11 PM - 16 Jul 2018
:boxing:

Oliver Darcy‏Verified account @oliverdarcy

Chris Wallace on Fox previewing interview w/Putin. Wallace says he "did something I suspect President Trump did not" & held up indictment to Putin. Wallace says Putin "wouldn't touch it" and, "We went back & forth in quite an intense way. This is pretty remarkable television..."

12:11 PM - 16 Jul 2018
:boxing:
A news reporter tougher on Putin than our president.  But at least he made Putin wait an extra few minutes before showing up.  Maybe even used a super-aggressive handshake.

Scott Stedman  @ScottMStedman

Butina has relationships with all of the following: David Keene, Sheriff Clarke, NRA President Pete Brownell, and others. She is a Russian spy.

--

cott Stedman  @ScottMStedman

The affidavit is absolutely stunning and surreal. A Russian spy penetrated US conservative circles.
This is espionage, folks. Not campaign violations.

The affidavit in support of the indictment is amazing.  

Just a hunch, but I think Person 1 could very well be Flynn.
It is.  Incredible read, the most jaw-dropping of anything we've gotten from Mueller's office so far. I was mostly joking about Kushner based on paragraph 31, where they mention person 1 being instrumental in setting up the back channel immediately after the election. The whole thing is pretty crazy though. Excited to hear Dana Loesch's take on this one.

For those who don't know the name or are thinking it rings a bell, reporters have been zeroing on on Butina for a while.  Here's Mother Jones a few months ago and Daily Beast way back in early 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Stedman  @ScottMStedman

Butina has relationships with all of the following: David Keene, Sheriff Clarke, NRA President Pete Brownell, and others. She is a Russian spy.

--

cott Stedman  @ScottMStedman

The affidavit is absolutely stunning and surreal. A Russian spy penetrated US conservative circles.
Does she weigh the same as a duck?  Yes? Another witch!  This witch hunt is amazing.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago

As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018

As I said today and many times before, “I have GREAT confidence in MY intelligence people.” However, I also recognize that in order to build a brighter future, we cannot exclusively focus on the past – as the world’s two largest nuclear powers, we must get along! #HELSINKI2018
bat signal to pro-trump FBI and other IC folks? 

WAPO story on Butina

A Russian national with alleged ties to a top Russian official was charged in federal court in Washington Monday with conspiracy to act as an agent of the Russian Federation, and was ordered held without bond.

Maria Butina, 29, was arrested Sunday in the District and made her first appearance in U.S. District Court before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson. Her attorney, Robert Neil Driscoll, told the judge that Butina’s residence was searched by the FBI in April, that she had testified before the Senate Intelligence Committee in a closed session several months ago, and that “we have been offering to cooperate with the government the entire time.”

Butina did not speak during the brief hearing other than to state her name. A detention hearing and preliminary hearing were set for Wednesday.

The charges against Butina come days after the Justice Department unveiled an indictment against 12 Russian intelligence officers for allegedly conspiring to hack Democrats in 2016 and just hours after President Trump cast doubt on Russia’s involvement in an extraordinary joint news conference with President Putin.

Butina is accused of developing relationships with American politicians and a “gun rights organization,” none of which are named in the affidavit supporting the criminal complaint. FBI Special Agent Kevin Helson wrote that Butina was attempting to “establish a ‘back channel’ communication for representatives of the Government of Russia.”

What’s the MY part?  Is there another group he goes to bc it sure doesn’t seem like he listens to US government agencies?

i dont think that helsinki2018 hashtag is going to work out the way trump wants it to i am thinking more like munson in kingpin personally bromigos take that to the bank 

Users who are viewing this thread