What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Russia Ukraine Conflict Thread (5 Viewers)

More than one analyst in the US continues to ask a basic question: “Can anything ever force Europe as a whole to pull its own weight militarily?” To date I’ve seen no convincing answers in the affirmative. A conventional land war has been insufficient.
To be fair, they usually spent their money and time fighting each other up until about 80 years ago, and they learned to not invade Russia for any reason, because it’s massive and cold, and nobody has the supply lines to reach that far. Also, there’s no reason to do it, because nobody else wants the land.

More than one analyst in the US continues to ask a basic question: “Can anything ever force Europe as a whole to pull its own weight militarily?” To date I’ve seen no convincing answers in the affirmative. A conventional land war has been insufficient.
To be fair, they usually spent their money and time fighting each other up until about 80 years ago, and they learned to not invade Russia for any reason, because it’s massive and cold, and nobody has the supply lines to reach that far. Also, there’s no reason to do it, because nobody else wants the land.
In Russia, land want YOU!!

In Russia, land want YOU!!
I'm always down for a Yaakov Smirnoff joke.

Incidentally, did you know he's actually Ukrainian, and when the war broke out he and his wife raised money for refugees?

For the first time in 80 years, the 101st Airborne Division (of Band of Brothers fame) has brought its headquarters to Europe, along with nearly 5,000 troops. Their HQ is very close to Romania’s border with Ukraine. The division is conducting realistic training alongside Romanian troops explicitly directed towards intervention in the war. As the commander of the 101st’s Second brigade combat team, Colonel Edwin Matthaidess put it: “We’re building objectives to practice against that replicates exactly what’s going on in Ukraine.”

THAT WAS FAST Margarita Simonyan says, according to "the Russian culture, the Orthodox culture," it’s her duty to forgive Anton Krasovsky after he “repented” for his vile comments about drowning or burning Ukrainian kids. Could a reinstatement be far off?
I saw a headline that now Russia is calling their attempted genocide an effort to “de-Satanize” Ukraine. I’m fairly sure one of the Devil’s servants is running the Kremlin, actually.

Ksenia Sobchak has fled Russia. This footage shows the Belarus-Lithuanian border. Her employees in Moscow in the meantime are getting arrested.

Russian investigators on Wednesday raided the home of Ksenia Sobchak, the glamourous daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s one-time boss, in a move that has sent shockwaves through the country’s political scene.

The message there is: Either die to them or die to us.

Darth Putin@DarthPutinKGB

35 weeks of my 3 day war. I've restored Soviet Union. Economy is ruined, everyone is trying to get out of the country & we're losing a catastrophic war we blame on USA.

I remain a master strategist

Ksenia Sobchak has fled Russia. This footage shows the Belarus-Lithuanian border. Her employees in Moscow in the meantime are getting arrested.

Russian investigators on Wednesday raided the home of Ksenia Sobchak, the glamourous daughter of Russian President Vladimir Putin’s one-time boss, in a move that has sent shockwaves through the country’s political scene.

🧵 Ksenia #Sobchak is Putin's Goddaughter. Her parents were influential politicians in the inner circle. Her family vacationed with #Putin when she was a child. Years ago, as a journalist, she had asked Putin during public Q&A about Vladimir Osechkin's work on prison tortures.

Users who are viewing this thread