What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The trades you've made this week...and why? (1 Viewer)

I just traded Barlow/R. Wayne for C. Johnson/T. BellHe's a Bell owner (2nd round!!) who is ticked about his situation. No starting RBs for week one, so that solves his problem with a downgrade at WR.

In a keep 2, 12 team league, I had the first pick in the 3rd round (1st non-keeper round)in last Thursday's draft. I was keeping Deuce McAllister and Jamal Lewis but I made a tradebefore the draft that sent Jamal Lewis packing for Torry Holt and grabbed Priest with my firstpick. I then drafted LJohnson at the next turn along with Michael Clayton as my WR2. Finalroster is:QB: Farve, BrooksRB: Deuce, Priest, LJ, Barlow, MMooreWR: Holt, Clayton, McCardell, Toomer, TTaylorK: WilkinsDST: Tampa BayNext year the league increases to keep 3.I'm very happy with my team except we start 3 WRs so I'll have tohope that Toomer or McCardell goes back to top 25 WR status afterlast year's down year or TTaylor finally puts up some stats now that he'sin Minn. Or maybe trade another RB for a solid WR. But rest assured,I'll be a hawk searching for WRs on the waiver wire. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded Roby, Watts, and C Anderson for LJ Smith. I liked Smith more than Anderson and we have to cut down our rosters, so the WR's were likely getting cut by week 1 anyway.

In a 12 team dynasty league (keep 20), I traded Mason and Mccardell for Santan Moss and Ron Curry. I currently have Holt, CJohnson, AJohnson and Evans as my starters (we start 4). I haven't been able to trade Mason and Mccardell for about a year now and finally found a taker. Moss' value can't possibly get any lower than it is right now, IMO. Cury...dynamite waiting to blow.

Fantasy Legends Dynasty League, I traded Eli Manning and Mike Williams for Drew Brees and his 2006 1st rd rookie pick. I have McNair, Pennington, and Volek as QB's. He has Delhome, Leftwich, and now Eli. His WRs were weak from a dynasty perspective. He has Bruce, Stokely, Toomer, Bryant Johnson, M Robinson, and Kelley Washington. So I could see where a WR with potential would fit his team. I needed to strengthen my QB's for this year. Good trade for both teams, IMO.

Johnny, I like the trade. First of all, I like Brees better than Eli, I guess personal opinion. Also, I see this coming rookie class as being a decent one with a couple of QBs, and several RBs who could be stars. I, in a keeper league, am now trying to acquire picks for next year. I think it could offer several stellar players for ff.

Because I also have S.A., Tiki Barber, Mike Anderson, Caddy Williams, L.J., T.O., Roy Williams, and Steve Smith. I feared a collapse by Curtis Martin. He and Holt are projected to have identical pts by FBG's, so I felt Holt was the safer bet. Obviously if he repeated his rediculous '04 (or even 85% of it), I'll probably come out on the short end of it. Bulger is my QB too...Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, WR/RB flex. 10 team league.

Traded away Lavaranues Coles and Ricky Williams for Larry Johnson.Missed out on LJ in the draft, partly my fault for not pulling the trigger earlier, but mostly the fault of the butthead that traded his 1st and 2nd Round pick for the #1 overall to take LT. As he didn't bother trying to just swap picks with the guy or a kicker pick later in the round, the other guy got not only both of dummy's picks, but RETAINED his 2nd/third round picks. In a ten teamer this gave him 4 picks in the first 21 (basically four picks in the first two rounds). Thus, the dude already had a full team by the fifth round and could start grasping at stuff - like my stud's backup!I won't miss Coles, and the other owner is a HUGE Dolphins/Ricky fan. Everyone wondered why I took Ricky a round or two early.....now they know why. My best shot at a trade for LJ was to steal his favorite RB from his favorite team and hope Ricky tore up the preseason. Thank goodness he played extremely well, and now I've got LJ right where I want his non-diaper wearing butt.

Fantasy Legends Dynasty League, I traded Eli Manning and Mike Williams for Drew Brees and his 2006 1st rd rookie pick. I have McNair, Pennington, and Volek as QB's. He has Delhome, Leftwich, and now Eli. His WRs were weak from a dynasty perspective. He has Bruce, Stokely, Toomer, Bryant Johnson, M Robinson, and Kelley Washington. So I could see where a WR with potential would fit his team. I needed to strengthen my QB's for this year. Good trade for both teams, IMO.
Hoping to snag reggie Bush? :)

Zealot rules based dynasty league but a hybrid in that we only carry 40 players and our positions started are slightly different. Pulled 3 trades this year over the summer. I won the league last year.EDIT: Disregard this trade as it occurred at the beginning of summer and not in this past week.1st trade - Thomas Jones/Muhsin Muhammed for 2nd pick overall in our rookie draft. Beginning of summer around the first week of June. Took Cadillac. Sorry, disregard, somehow missed the part of trades "this week". The other two were this weekend.2nd trade - Traded T. Bell, M. Bennett, R. Williams, W. Parker for Clinton Portis. Portis was his ONLY starting rb. We start a min of 2 so he was going to be starting Pittman/Gore/Sowell with Portis. 3rd trade - Houshmanzadeh/Moulds for S. Smith. Guess he loves Housh so I got a deal. Starting rb/wr now for my team are:Jackson,Steve Jones,Julius Foster,DeShaun Tomlinson,LaDainianPortis, ClintonJohnson,Larry Barber III,MarionFason,Ciatrick Williams,Carnell Colbert,Keary Parker,Samie Kennison,Eddie Burress,Plaxico Smith,Steve Johnson,Andre Boldin,Anquan Burleson,Nate Williams,Roy Jones,Brandon

I gave Shaun Alexander and Willie Parker to get Priest Holmes. I know I gave up more than Holmes is worth, but I currently don't have any defenses or kickers because I've devoted the roster spots to extra RBs. If I don't get rid of some of them before the season starts, I'll be forced to cut them. Since I already had Larry Johnson (as well as Dillon, Anderson, Caddilac, T.Jones, and Benson), I decided to swing for the fences in Holmes.I also traded Coles and J.J. Arrington for Javon Walker. I gave the guy his pick between Arrington, Ronnie Brown, and Cedric Benson. It's PPR, so Coles is actually a pretty solid WR2 and Walker is more of a lower-end WR1.

PPR dynasty league, traded my 2006 2nd round rookie draft pick for Michael Jenkins. Finished 2nd last year and I have a strong team again, so it will probably be a late 2nd rounder. I have good WR's but not too many young prospects. All my back up were vets and I wanted a young guy.

Dynasty League...I traded Aaron Brooks for Chris Chambers and a 2nd round rookie pick next season. I have Daunte as my starter and Big Ben and Losman on the bench and I love Chambers (if only he could get a QB).

I gave Jake Plummer and Chris Perry, got JP Losman, Deshaun Foster, and Lee Evans. I have Stephen Davis and P. Manning, he has Rudi Johnson and questions at qb.

1 keeper league, no ppr, start 1 qb/2 rb/2 wr/1 te/1 k/1 defReceived offer: T.Williamson & T.Bell for R.Wayne (REJECTED) :rolleyes:Countered: M.Anderson & D.Driver for S.JacksonMy RB/WR: J.Lewis, D.Davis, M.Anderson, N.Davenport, D.Driver, R.Wayne, A.Boldin, E.Kennison, T.TaylorHis RB/WR: S.Jackson, M.Faulk, C.Brown, T.Henry, L.Jordan, T.Bell, D.Mason, L.Evans, A.Johnson, T.WilliamsonI fully expect him to reject it since Jackson was his RB1 (2nd Rd), but it's worth a shot.

Made a trade yesterday.Sent Stephen Davis and Clinton Portis away for Kevin Jones and Stephen Jackson in a 0.5 PPR league.Yeah, I don't know why it happened either. And it should be obvious as to why I did it.Now I have six running backs: Priest/LJ, Mike Anderson, Warrick Dunn, Jones, and Jackson.Depth is lovely.

I'm trading mike Anderson for Reggie Wayne. The owner I'm trading has Bell, Brown and Staley. You can only start 2 RB's in this 14 team league and I currently have Edge, k. Jones, F. Taylor and Anderson. We had a very early draft and I was able to pickup Anderson before his big pre season game :thumbup: in the 10th round.I have Horn, Branch And Kennison as my other WR's. I can start 3 WR's so I was looking to trade Anderson to improve my WR corp.

I traded Caddy Williams away for Reggie Wayne. Why, because this teams was stacked at RB already with SA, Portis, Rudi, Anderson and Duckett while very short on WRs. I need a true WR1 to make this team a legit Champ contender IMO and did not want the hardship of which RB do I start this week? I think it was a great deal for both teams.

I am hoping to complete Michael Clayton for Willie Parker today. I am short on rbs and have good depth at WR.

I just traded Priest Holmes, LJ, Jake Delhomme, and Crumpler for Daunte Culpepper and Gates. I have alot of other RBs Julius Jones, Caddy, Willie Parker, Stephen Davis, Thomas Jones so I think I will be able to pick 2 good matchups every week. The other person only had Tiki Barber and Chris brown.

I just traded Priest Holmes, LJ, Jake Delhomme, and Crumpler for Daunte Culpepper and Gates. I have alot of other RBs Julius Jones, Caddy, Willie Parker, Stephen Davis, Thomas Jones so I think I will be able to pick 2 good matchups every week. The other person only had Tiki Barber and Chris brown.
You have huevos, my friend. I've thought of a Priest for Culpepper deal with a few kicker players, but dadgum!

I traded Willie Parker and Aaron Brooks for Marc Bulger. I needed a QB, he desperately needed a RB. My other three runners are Edge, Westy, and Cadillac.One of the rare trades that works out well for both sides.

Prior to Week 2:Traded Andre Johnson ($9) + Derek Blaylock ($3)forJoe Horn ($17)The other owner has Curtis Martin and I wanted off the train-wreck that is the Houston Texans.

Traded away Daunte Culpepper as mentioned in another post - it's a 10-team, 2-QB league. I've received some flack for this trade, but I think it's best for my team that I move him, especially with the loss of Burleson for the next few weeks. Daunte Culpepper and Brian Westbrook for Marc Bulger and Laveranues Coles I already have Cadillac, FWP, T. Jones, F. Taylor, Mewelde Moore and Chris Brown as my RB's so trading Westbrook didn't hurt too much. I'm worried about Culpepper and the Vikes offensive chances. He looks brutal out there with such a porous OL. Most of his INT's were out of the pocket, but that's because the DL is getting to him too easily. Bulger is a safer play, plus I love his playoff schedule.I plan on upgrading Coles by turning him and Muhammad into Joe Horn or maybe even Larry Fitzgerald.

Definetly best trade i have made in my life. Traded away Aaron Brooks and Stephan Davis for Peyton Manning. 12 team league redraft with $100 entry fee.The owner of Peyton Manning screwed himself drafting Tatum Bell and Travis Henry and JJ Arrington all early in the draft. He was desperate for a running back. This leaves me with a starting lineupPeyton ManningJoe Horn(one of these 3) Robert Ferguson/ Arnaz Battle/ Santana MossClinton Portis Warrick DunnStephan JacksonTony Gonzalez

I traded Willie Parker and Aaron Brooks for Marc Bulger. I needed a QB, he desperately needed a RB. My other three runners are Edge, Westy, and Cadillac.

One of the rare trades that works out well for both sides.
Not sure about this move. I would think you could have gotten much more value out of Fast Willie. I am not even convinced that Bulger is that much of an upgrade over Brooks.

I gave Barber and got Holt. point per rec league.My RB's are Holmes, Parker, Westbrook, LJ and Thomas Jones. I was stacked at RB.I tried offering Parker for an elite WR but he didn't have any value because of the when Duce and Jerome get back factor.my best WR was DREW BENNENT so I got an elite WR for an good back. At first he wanted Barber and Bennent but I held my ground.

I traded Kevin Jones and a 2nd round rookie pick for Willie parker, Stephen Davis, and Deshaun foster. I went from starting J-Lew, KJ, R Moss, Mason, Moulds to J-lew, FWP, Davis, Moss, and Mason14 team dynasty league, 1 ppr

I plan on upgrading Coles by turning him and Muhammad into Joe Horn or maybe even Larry Fitzgerald.
Are you going to use magic?
Wait til Muhammad's value increases - then I'll make the deal. You've got to know when to sell a player. Right now, Muhammad's value is just starting to rise. You'll see.

I plan on upgrading Coles by turning him and Muhammad into Joe Horn or maybe even Larry Fitzgerald.
Are you going to use magic?
Wait til Muhammad's value increases - then I'll make the deal. You've got to know when to sell a player. Right now, Muhammad's value is just starting to rise. You'll see.
Isn't he only going to get better as the season progresses and Orton continues to improve?

I traded Willie Parker and Aaron Brooks for Marc Bulger. I needed a QB, he desperately needed a RB. My other three runners are Edge, Westy, and Cadillac.

One of the rare trades that works out well for both sides.
Not sure about this move. I would think you could have gotten much more value out of Fast Willie. I am not even convinced that Bulger is that much of an upgrade over Brooks.
My fourth running back, who's about to go against juggernaut defenses, with his TD vulture returning...to upgrade to Bulger? I'd like consistency and points every week...Bulger gives me that, while in Brooks' huge games (last night), he still doesn't score that terrific.To me, Bulger will be a top 3 QB this year. Bad defense? Check. Good recievers? Check. Passing offense? Check. Good RB to keep the defense honest? Check.

Lots of shootouts, lots of points...points which Brooks only gives me about 4 times a year.

Just traded in a 14 team dynasty league:

I gave:

McNabb

Duce Staley

Greg Lewis

I received:

Collins

Carnell Williams

Torry Holt
WOWyou worked somebody over hard core.

Users who are viewing this thread