What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Trump invited this moron into the WH. He is full of hate and seems to be slyly encouraging right wing terrorism. 

"Don't ask why," Nugent said. "Just know that evil, dishonesty and scam artists have always been around and that right now they're liberal, they're Democrat, they're RINOs, they're Hollywood, they're fake news, they're media, they're academia, and they're half of our government, at least."

"So come to that realization," he continued. "There are rabid coyotes running around, you don't wait till you see one to go get your gun, keep your gun handy. And every time you see one, shoot one."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/politics/nugent-democrats-media-advocates-rabid-coyotes/index.html

>>Nugent, a musician and National Rifle Association board member, made the remarks during a seemingly casual -- yet fiery -- interview with InfoWars host Alex Jones.<<

- Of course.

Apparently Nugent is also an NRA board member.

What happened to the previous thread? Did Dodds purposefully kill it, or did someone fat finger delete it? Down for pruning maybe? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t notice any other deleted threads. What could have been in there that was worse than the other Trump threads? I was part of the final few posts. I quoted Nugent’s hate filled call to shoot liberals and RINOs, called him an idiot. That might have been the last post in the thread.

I doubt that got it shut down.

I don’t notice any other deleted threads. What could have been in there that was worse than the other Trump threads? I was part of the final few posts. I quoted Nugent’s hate filled call to shoot liberals and RINOs, called him an idiot. That might have been the last post in the thread.

I doubt that got it shut down.
Way to go!  Unlike Matt Damon - it IS your fault!

What Trump thread?  There has never been a Trump thread here. Why would one be needed anyway, everybody loves Trump, our Dear Leader. 

News today:  the economy is great, we are beating China at everything, the war against east-Asia will soon be over. And remember we have always been at war with east-Asia. 

Praise be to our Dear Leader, the impeccable Trump. 

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me - if we can't have an honest discussion on these matters (along the lines of a man that has a song about jailbait that glorifies taking advantage of a 13 year old girl, I think calling that person as idiot is if anything, too kind) what's the purpose of having a community like this? 

Pretty ridiculous if you ask me - if we can't have an honest discussion on these matters (along the lines of a man that has a song about jailbait that glorifies taking advantage of a 13 year old girl, I think calling that person as idiot is if anything, too kind) what's the purpose of having a community like this? 
Exactly.

Also he said this:

"Just know that evil, dishonesty and scam artists have always been around and that right now they're liberal, they're Democrat, they're RINOs, they're Hollywood, they're fake news, they're media, they're academia, and they're half of our government, at least."

"So come to that realization," he continued. "There are rabid coyotes running around, you don't wait till you see one to go get your gun, keep your gun handy. And every time you see one, shoot one."
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/politics/nugent-democrats-media-advocates-rabid-coyotes/index.html

Trump has no earthly idea what to do about Syria (and frankly it’s a very difficult issue) so what’s his response this morning? Blame Obama. So typical. 

apalmer said:
"if President Obama had crossed his stated Red Line in the Sand"?  What does that even mean?
Nothing. He deliberately doesn’t say what Obama SHOULD have done because Trump doesn’t want to do it either. 

I don't understand what happened? Why can't we have a critical discussion of Trump? Some "liberal echo chamber." :rolleyes:  
We don't really know what exactly happen. Using Occam's razor, perhaps gussy, the OP, did a Hell Toupee and deleted it himself? Unlikely, but that question should be raised.

Maurile had warned us to move on from discussing Ted Nugent but the thread had returned to that. That seems too drastic and out of character for Maurile, who is usually quite even handed in his approach, so I am guessing it was another mod, who didn't like where the discussion was at.

Several weeks back, the first thread I started on the 2020 Presidential election also similarly disappeared. Elizabeth Warren had announced she was not running, which was posted and then the trolls and bigots descended calling her Pocahontas and using other Native American slurs, which others responded to by calling them out. I think the back-and-forth must have gotten the thread axed by a mod, (which was unnecessary because a warning should have sufficed). It was no bigee as I just started another thread in its place.

I see Saints addressed the issue in the moderation thread, so perhaps we will get an answer, but in any event we can use this if the old thread can't be retrieved.

I literally had no idea that there was a warning about Nugent as I don’t think I was of that discussion. Also, it was about new comments he made and unrelated his sex life. If that’s what got it axed, I’m sorry. Really had no clue that was a touchy subject, you don’t visit that thread for a few days and you miss 50 pages.

We don't really know what exactly happen. Using Occam's razor, perhaps gussy, the OP, did a Hell Toupee and deleted it himself? Unlikely, but that question should be raised.
Keep spreading this complete fabrication. 
You deleted the original Trump Tweets thread you started, no? This was after you changed the tread title to "Adios Amigos!" following your complaint that jackals had taken over the thread and it would be nuked if people didn't stop criticizing Trump.

Before that you deleted your long running Mitt Romney thread, which you claimed was an accident. Perhaps it was but it is incorrect to say it is a complete fabrication that you have a history of deleting threads you start.

I literally had no idea that there was a warning about Nugent as I don’t think I was of that discussion. Also, it was about new comments he made and unrelated his sex life. If that’s what got it axed, I’m sorry. Really had no clue that was a touchy subject, you don’t visit that thread for a few days and you miss 50 pages.
They would just scrub that, I believe, if it even bothered them. IMO, this is more likely to be an accident by Gussy—maybe he was trying to edit the title—or a mod who didn’t like the thread subject. Hopefully, we get an answer.

Honestly, I saw nothing that would remotely hint of need to ax that thread in light of general discussion and board rules and mores.

It may not have been for the Nugent discussion, that may have been just coincidental. We are all just speculating as to what happened at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread