What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

4/9/18, 6:03 AM

When a car is sent to the United States from China, there is a Tariff to be paid of 2 1/2%. When a car is sent to China from the United States, there is a Tariff to be paid of 25%. Does that sound like free or fair trade. No, it sounds like STUPID TRADE - going on for years!
:lmao:

Sounds like something my son would say in a hissy fit while trading Hot Wheels with the neighbor's kid.

So to some degree I agree with Trump on tariffs. I don't understand why we don't have a VAT tax like every country in Europe. And I don't understand why we let China charge up to a 35% tariff on our import of cars given the low tariff we place on their imports. Now I am not a fan of the way it is being dealt with because Trump is incompetent and thinks he knows #### that he has no idea about but there is something to be discussed here.
I’m sort of with you here.  When I speak with customers of mine in manufacturing, they all complain about this.  Exporting into China is ungodly expensive yet their products flow into our country with virtually nothing.   Free trade works best if it’s a two lane highway

Currently, trump is hitting global trade with tariffs for the express purpose of getting democrats to oppose him.  This will permanently put blue collar whites in the GOP.   China rebukes Trump (not republicans) because they will have a use for republicans later on. 

Once Trump gets removed or resigns from office, you get civil unrest as his base feels 100% disenfranchsed AND that their vote no longer matters so they go into revolt mode.  You’ll have confusion on how to deal with it but Russia will jump out in front and immediately throw vocal support behind the revolt.  China will stay quiet for a bit but begin to emerge as big backers of the revolt as time wears on.  

China wants to supplant the US as the leader of the World.  To do it, they will finance and back civil war inside of the US. They must back the revolt because the western left is the threat to them.   A deal will be struck. China helps remove the western left from power in US culture and install a far right wing government and social hierarchy.  In return, the US stays more isolationist while China expands.  The far right takes the deal because its either that or oblivion.  So in comes a massive chinese/russian army to liberate the far right.  China declares the western left to be racist against whites and using it to attain power.  World war 3 is fought inside the US. 

Trump is just holding the entire process up by being president.  A lot of forces want him out of there to get this ball rolling. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently, trump is hitting global trade with tariffs for the express purpose of getting democrats to oppose him.  This will permanently put blue collar whites in the GOP.   China rebukes Trump (not republicans) because they will have a use for republicans later on. 

Once Trump gets removed or resigns from office, you get civil unrest as his base feels 100% disenfranchsed AND that their vote no longer matters so they go into revolt mode.  You’ll have confusion on how to deal with it but Russia will jump out in front and immediately throw vocal support behind the revolt.  China will stay quiet for a bit but begin to emerge as big backers of the revolt as time wears on.  

China wants to supplant the US as the leader of the World.  To do it, they will finance and back civil war inside of the US. They must back the revolt because the western left is the threat to them.   A deal will be struck. China helps remove the western left from power in US culture and install a far right wing government and social hierarchy.  In return, the US stays more isolationist while China expands.  The far right takes the deal because its either that or oblivion.  So in comes a massive chinese/russian army to liberate the far right.  China declares the western left to be racist against whites and using it to attain power.  World war 3 is fought inside the US. 
Beej, we've been trying to tell you that it's the Dems who are feeling disenfranchised and you don't seem to be addressing how that messes up all your revolution scenarios.

Trump is just holding the entire process up by being president.  A lot of forces want him out of there to get this ball rolling. 
Aren't we already there?

Hilts said:
How is a building allowed to be constructed without fire sprinklers? Is that not a law?

Righetti said:
It was built before the sprinkler thing was necessary 
But I believe he's required by law to have it retrofitted by 2019, pursuant to a 2004 change in the law.  And required to have taken a number of steps by now to get there.  I have no doubt someone's looking into whether he got the right paperwork done.

Avoiding a civil war means making sure trumps base feels like their vote still matters, that they have a place in modern america.  That means the democrats must throw their full support behind the wall.   But that will not happen.  

Avoiding a civil war means making sure trumps base feels like their vote still matters, that they have a place in modern america.  That means the democrats must throw their full support behind the wall.   But that will not happen.  
Once a seeker asked Osho, " Why has sex always been included with anger, jealousy, cruelty, greed, possessiveness, violence, but never with fun, joy, love, playfulness, friendship and other great things that you have associated it with?"

Osho : "Sex has nothing to do with jealousy, anger, possessiveness. But man's mind has been conditioned in such a way by the vested interests that they have exploited the very source of your life energy -- sex -- to fulfill their own interests.

For example, man is naturally polygamous -- and by man I don't mean only men but women too. Human beings are polygamous, but all the societies have forced monogamy. Now that creates the trouble. The trouble is not coming out of sex, the trouble is coming out of monogamy.

You find yourself tied together with a woman or with a man, and it is a natural longing once in a while to have some different food. The same man-the same stink; the same woman -- the same geography which you have explored thousands of times. Again you have to explore it and there is nothing left to explore -- all is explored. You get fed up. That is intelligent; only intelligence gets fed up. You would love to have once in a while another woman, another man.

If society were run by intelligent people, not by people who want to exploit you, but by people who want to fulfill your nature to its uttermost capacity, there would be no jealousy. The wife would understand that once in a while the husband needs some other woman, "just the way I need some other man." And it is perfectly natural. We are all human beings.

What is wrong if you play tennis with one partner today, another partner another day? Is there any jealousy? There is no question of jealousy. And it is nothing more than tennis -- two energies meeting and merging. And after the pill, the basic argument of all the religions is completely outdated.

All the religions were insisting that monogamy has to remain because of children; otherwise, who will be responsible for children? The pill has made it possible that now sex need not be a bondage, because children are not a problem any more. Sex is free from the bondage of biology. Hence I say again and again that after the discovery of fire, the pill is the greatest revolution, the greatest discovery.

When there is no jealousy there is no anger, and all the qualities that I speak of will come automatically. A woman who gives you freedom, a man who never tries to possess you -- -- do you think friendship will not arise between these two persons? A man giving freedom to the wife, a wife giving freedom to the husband -- there is bound to be great friendship, great intimacy.

The wife can tell her husband how the other man was. The man can describe to his wife how the other woman proved to be. He need not hide it. The friendship makes it possible to come closer, to be more intimate. But the societies of the past never wanted this to happen. They wanted people to remain bored: tie one woman to one man forever, and you have started a pilgrimage to the ultimate boredom. These bored people, suffering, cannot revolt. They cannot achieve their climax of intelligence; the boredom goes on destroying every possibility.

When two persons give freedom to each other, they both grow rich in experiences. Perhaps there was a treasure in your wife that you were not aware of. Making love to another woman, you discover it; the other woman becomes a tremendous help. Now your wife is not just the old geography: something new, some new opening, some new corner, some new space.... You start searching for that new space that you have found in the other woman -- because each woman is unique, just as every man is unique.

A man should be allowed to come in contact with as many as women as possible. A woman should be allowed to come in contact with as many men as possible. Both will be richer, and rich in experience, intimacy, friendship; they will know the heights of love which otherwise are missing.

But the vested interests don't want you to be intelligent, to be rich in experience, to reach to the climax of your potential, because that is dangerous to them. You can remain slaves only if you are poor in experience, if you are poor in intelligence. You can remain slaves only if you are a hen-pecked husband. You know perfectly well that you cannot even control your wife. You will never try to make any effort to rise higher in any field, you know your wife can pull you down immediately.

And the wife has been imprisoned in the house. On whom is she going to take revenge? Who is responsible for all this? She finds nobody other than the husband.

This ugly situation is our own creation.

My effort is to help you understand that love is not a commodity. I am for richness in every dimension of life. I am against poverty in every dimension of life.  

Freedom to me is the ultimate experience, the most beautiful, the most divine."

They're too late.  In the last 16 months at least 4 countries have already supplanted the US as the leader of the World.  However, if they really try hard, they may be able to supplant the US as the court jester of the world.

Nugent doesn't actually sing this song, his guitarist Derek St. Holmes does. So this song is fair game for discussion  :thumbup:
Here I thought the “free for all” forum was just a forum for whatever you want to talk about- it’s actually a nuge fan forum. Wango tango haters need not post.

How much do you folks think it would cost to put up a billboard across from the white house that's nothing but a big neon hand flipping the bird?

OK, the Trump Years thread is back. It was sent to the archive on Sunday morning for some reason that isn't completely clear at this point.

What I do know is that late on Saturday evening, one of our moderators deleted seven posts from the thread. This event appears in the moderation logs.

However, there was no indication in the mod logs or admin logs that anyone archived the thread. Invision has confirmed that the "last post date" on the thread was somehow set to 0, which caused the archiving to commence.

My working theory is that the seven posts deleted by the moderator were the last seven posts in the thread (we know they were consecutive posts), and that somewhere during the deletion process, the software lost track of the last post date to assign to the thread in the database due to some obscure bug. Meanwhile, the archiving process is set to wake up every five minutes and look for threads that need to be archived. Since this happened late in the evening, my guess is that no one posted to the thread for the next five minutes. Once the archiver fired up, it saw a last post date of 0 in the database for the thread, which met its archiving criteria (a long, long time since the last post because zero in a time/date field would effectively be the defined "beginning of time"), and it started archiving the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll ask again. How much do you folks think it would cost to put up a billboard across from the white house that's nothing but a big neon hand flipping the bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread