What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Walking Dead Comic book version*** (2 Viewers)

'cstu said:
'modogg said:
So, i was wondering what everyone who has read the comic thought about Dale getting killed on the show. Pretty big move there, because Dale was in the story for a long time (not sure where everyone is at with the comics, so i think this is safe). Makes me think they will keep Darryl around for awhile. not thinking he would fill Dale's shoes, but they seem fine going away from the comic, even writing new storylines. I am surprised Shane has made it this long, and it will be interesting if they keep him around for awhile. And if they introduce Tyreese soon, i wonder how he will fit in this group. If they have him like he was in the comic, he can easily make up for Shane leaving the show because i imagine people will love his character.and i wonder how this group that Randall is a part of will fit in. A lot of people are thinking we'll see the Governor story line with it, but i think that would be a little too obvious. Would be better if they keep it like the comic where they have their own town. And another thing i read was that the budget for the show is tight, and that is a reason why we haven;t seen the prison yet or a ton of zombies. not sure of the accuracy of that statement, but i think it would control the story a bit and how it play out
Dale isn't big loss for me because even though he was in the comics for a long time he wasn't really important (at least that's I perceived it).I don't understand the point of T-Dog's character if they bring in Tyreese. I'm thinking he may have bigger role once Michonne arrives.
Outside of being black, there is no similarity between TDog and Tyreese from a character stand point. Tyresse was 15-20 years older with a 18 year oldish daughter.
In comic she hooked up with a black guy so it's not exactly a stretch to think they'd do it on the show. However, T-Dog doesn't seem like someone Michonne would be into.
agreed.But that was not my point. I am just saying that there is no reason that T-Dog and Tyresse both can't be on the show together. They did not transfer nearly any of the Tyresse character into T-Dog. Then again, they haven't given T-Dog much of a character to begin with as has been mentioned in this thread.

'cstu said:
'modogg said:
So, i was wondering what everyone who has read the comic thought about Dale getting killed on the show. Pretty big move there, because Dale was in the story for a long time (not sure where everyone is at with the comics, so i think this is safe). Makes me think they will keep Darryl around for awhile. not thinking he would fill Dale's shoes, but they seem fine going away from the comic, even writing new storylines. I am surprised Shane has made it this long, and it will be interesting if they keep him around for awhile. And if they introduce Tyreese soon, i wonder how he will fit in this group. If they have him like he was in the comic, he can easily make up for Shane leaving the show because i imagine people will love his character.and i wonder how this group that Randall is a part of will fit in. A lot of people are thinking we'll see the Governor story line with it, but i think that would be a little too obvious. Would be better if they keep it like the comic where they have their own town. And another thing i read was that the budget for the show is tight, and that is a reason why we haven;t seen the prison yet or a ton of zombies. not sure of the accuracy of that statement, but i think it would control the story a bit and how it play out
Dale isn't big loss for me because even though he was in the comics for a long time he wasn't really important (at least that's I perceived it).I don't understand the point of T-Dog's character if they bring in Tyreese. I'm thinking he may have bigger role once Michonne arrives.
Outside of being black, there is no similarity between TDog and Tyreese from a character stand point. Tyresse was 15-20 years older with a 18 year oldish daughter.
In comic she hooked up with a black guy so it's not exactly a stretch to think they'd do it on the show. However, T-Dog doesn't seem like someone Michonne would be into.
agreed.But that was not my point. I am just saying that there is no reason that T-Dog and Tyresse both can't be on the show together. They did not transfer nearly any of the Tyresse character into T-Dog. Then again, they haven't given T-Dog much of a character to begin with as has been mentioned in this thread.
Good point. His death is going to be the most ho-hum death on the show. Maybe they'll let him die in some heroic way to give his character some meaning. Perhaps Morgan will come back as a replacement for Tyreese.

I agree that Dale isn't a loss. I never really liked his TV character even though he tried to bring a balance to the group from just surviving to the civility they had before the zombies apocalypse. With his death there's no check any more and I think we'll see the group become more survivilistic (is that even a word?). In the book he always just seemed liked he was there and the whole hook up with andrea was just okay.Everyone seems to want the group to move on to the prison in the TV show, but to me that'll just be like the farm. Yeah some good stuff happens like the arrival of Michone and the governor along with Dexter and the other Cons. If they stay at the prison in relation to their time at the Farm hell it could go 2-3 seasons.I'm curious how and if AMC will tackle 3 things and in order of least likley#1 The death of Lori and the baby: If they do put this in the show will it be from the governor attack or something else?#2

Carl losing an eye: Are they really going to show a child getting shot in the eye
I don't know if the rest of you have made it to issue 85...#3 The one twin decent into animal mutilation and eventually murder and on the flip side Carl killing the murder.
#1 had major impact on Rick's character and the rest of the storyline but you never know with the show since real actors aren't as easy to kill off.#2 I never liked that so I'd be happy if they skipped it.#3 This was huge event for Carl's character and would make for some great TV, but killing kids on TV isn't a popular thing to do.Do you think they will take any of these story archs on?

'cstu said:
'modogg said:
No...but I think they've transferred a little bit of Tyrese onto Darryl; at least the being the potential love interest for Carol.PREDICTION: Merl will be one of the Governor's Right Hand men and he'll execute Daryl outside the prison ala Tyrese when the time comes.

'cstu said:
'modogg said:
No...but I think they've transferred a little bit of Tyrese onto Darryl; at least the being the potential love interest for Carol.PREDICTION: Merl will be one of the Governor's Right Hand men and he'll execute Daryl outside the prison ala Tyrese when the time comes.
Merl is defiantly part of the governors group

I agree that Dale isn't a loss. I never really liked his TV character even though he tried to bring a balance to the group from just surviving to the civility they had before the zombies apocalypse. With his death there's no check any more and I think we'll see the group become more survivilistic (is that even a word?). In the book he always just seemed liked he was there and the whole hook up with andrea was just okay.Everyone seems to want the group to move on to the prison in the TV show, but to me that'll just be like the farm. Yeah some good stuff happens like the arrival of Michone and the governor along with Dexter and the other Cons. If they stay at the prison in relation to their time at the Farm hell it could go 2-3 seasons.I'm curious how and if AMC will tackle 3 things and in order of least likley#1 The death of Lori and the baby: If they do put this in the show will it be from the governor attack or something else?#2

Carl losing an eye: Are they really going to show a child getting shot in the eye
I don't know if the rest of you have made it to issue 85...#3 The one twin decent into animal mutilation and eventually murder and on the flip side Carl killing the murder.
#1 had major impact on Rick's character and the rest of the storyline but you never know with the show since real actors aren't as easy to kill off.#2 I never liked that so I'd be happy if they skipped it.#3 This was huge event for Carl's character and would make for some great TV, but killing kids on TV isn't a popular thing to do.
Do you think they will take any of these story archs on?I think they will kill off Lori since once Shane is gone she's more useful to the story dead than alive. Somehow they will show Carl growing up but I wouldn't put money on them doing it that way.

Im done reading through 80. Does anyone have the most recent issues to leach off of?
I was looking around last night and found this. I have never downloaded from this site so I am not recommending. Just passing on what I foundhttp://comixland.blogspot.com/2011/12/walking-dead-comic-series-issues-1-90.html

For those of you who are caught up to issue 94:

What do you think of this "Jesus" character?

For those of you who are caught up to issue 94:

What do you think of this "Jesus" character?
Honestly, I trust Rick and his crew a lot less than anyone else at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
couple of things1) It looks like comic 80 is included in your 81-88 link. I think we can just toss that as it should be a duplicate right?

2) I noticed that some of the files are now cbz vs being all cbr files before. Is that anything important we need to deal with or will the reader just deal with them for us?
The reader should be ok. I use my Nook and use calibre to convert them all to epub files.

couple of things1) It looks like comic 80 is included in your 81-88 link. I think we can just toss that as it should be a duplicate right?

2) I noticed that some of the files are now cbz vs being all cbr files before. Is that anything important we need to deal with or will the reader just deal with them for us?
The reader should be ok. I use my Nook and use calibre to convert them all to epub files.
cool. I have not had to convert any so far. I just load the .cbr files directly on to my ipad and the free ComicBookLover app displays them perfectly. I will try to download the cbz files and see if they work ok.

Is there a large chunk missing between 80 and 81? Rick gets knocked out and all of a sudden hell has broken loose in 81? I didn't get it?

Is there a large chunk missing between 80 and 81? Rick gets knocked out and all of a sudden hell has broken loose in 81? I didn't get it?
The wikia is great. Try here to see if this will answer your questions about issue 81 (just change the number in the link for any issue)http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_81
Yep, that was missing.
Unless I am missing something, a whole bunch are missing in there. I am reading through the Wiki now and I don't think 78 or 79 are in there as well.

The wikia is great. Try here to see if this will answer your questions about issue 81 (just change the number in the link for any issue)http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Issue_81
Yep, that was missing.
Each issue has a cover. Each cover has a number on it. Check to see if you have issue 81 as a cover. I do and it matches the wiki. I think you are reading out of order due to the inconsistent file names. Note that in the zipped file, the naming conventions are not consistent. For exampleThe Walking Dead Issue 80The Walking Dead Issue 081Depending on your reader, these are not going to be shown in order causing you to read out of order possibly. I had to rename several files so that they were all consistent and then they showed up in order on my reader. Try that suggestion.

Yep, that was missing.
Each issue has a cover. Check to see if you have issue 81 as a cover. I do and it matches the wiki. Note that in the zipped file, the naming conventions are not consistent. For exampleThe Walking Dead Issue 80The Walking Dead Issue 081Depending on your reader, these are not going to be shown in order causing you to read out of order possibly. I had to rename several files so that they were all consistent and then they showed up in order on my reader. Try that suggestion.
I think I am all messed up here. I looked at them and I think all my files are only one issue long for some reason. The only cover in my 81-90 is number 83 which is 28 pages long. How many pages are there in each file? I have no idea what is going on at all. Oh well.

Yep, that was missing.
Each issue has a cover. Check to see if you have issue 81 as a cover. I do and it matches the wiki. Note that in the zipped file, the naming conventions are not consistent. For exampleThe Walking Dead Issue 80The Walking Dead Issue 081Depending on your reader, these are not going to be shown in order causing you to read out of order possibly. I had to rename several files so that they were all consistent and then they showed up in order on my reader. Try that suggestion.
I think I am all messed up here. I looked at them and I think all my files are only one issue long for some reason. The only cover in my 81-90 is number 83 which is 28 pages long. How many pages are there in each file? I have no idea what is going on at all. Oh well.
Yeah, it does sound messed up. 83 is 28 pages long. Sounds like you only got one issue. When you unzipped the file, how many .cbr files did you get? There should be one for each issue. Checked the folder where you unzipped the file you downloaded.

Yep, that was missing.
Yeah, it does sound messed up. 83 is 28 pages long. Sounds like you only got one issue. When you unzipped the file, how many .cbr files did you get? There should be one for each issue. Checked the folder where you unzipped the file you downloaded.
Yeah, I am not unzipping anything. All I am doing is downloading the files, uploading them to Calibre, and then converting them. I am sure I am missing something. It makes sense now that the story doesn't make sense.

Yep, that was missing.
Yeah, I am not unzipping anything. All I am doing is downloading the files, uploading them to Calibre, and then converting them. I am sure I am missing something. It makes sense now that the story doesn't make sense.
Just for fun, try to unzip them just to make sure you have all the files. If you do have all the files, something must be going wrong when you are passing them to Calibre. I don't use that software so I can't give any suggestions.

Yep, that was missing.
Just for fun, try to unzip them just to make sure you have all the files. If you do have all the files, something must be going wrong when you are passing them to Calibre. I don't use that software so I can't give any suggestions.
So I downloaded them, how would I unzip them? Sorry, I am dumb but when I right click on it, there is no option for such a thing.Do I need a program for it?

So I downloaded them, how would I unzip them? Sorry, I am dumb but when I right click on it, there is no option for such a thing.

Do I need a program for it?
Steps1) Download winzip (just do a google search and download the one for your operating system). It is free.

For example, if you had Windows 7, you could download from here http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

2) After downloading and installing the program, go back to the file you downloaded from Usual21.

Should be called something like

TWD-81-88 and is of the file format RAR

3) Right click that file and look for a WinZip choice and then choose

"Extract to", and then you need to select the Evaluation version in the next screen

You will be asked for where to put the extracted files

4) WinZip will then extract the files into the folder you suggested

Your files should then be named something like

The Walking Dead 80.cbr

The Walking Dead 81.cbr

etc

So I downloaded them, how would I unzip them? Sorry, I am dumb but when I right click on it, there is no option for such a thing.

Steps1) Download winzip (just do a google search and download the one for your operating system). It is free.

For example, if you had Windows 7, you could download from here http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm

2) After downloading and installing the program, go back to the file you downloaded from Usual21.

"Extract to", and then you need to select the Evaluation version in the next screen

The Walking Dead 80.cbr

The Walking Dead 81.cbr

etc
Yep, it worked. I am stupid, I can't believe that I have been reading one issue thinking it was the volume. Yikes.Thanks for your help and also the issues!

The Walking Dead 80.cbr

The Walking Dead 81.cbr

etc
Yep, it worked. I am stupid, I can't believe that I have been reading one issue thinking it was the volume. Yikes.Thanks for your help and also the issues!
Ok great! Do you have to go back to the beginning now or is it just the last two downloads that got messed up?

Does anyone use ipad to view comics?

If so what do you recommend for an app?

I am using the free ComicBookLover app, which is ok, but I miss having the feature to organize the books.

I will not be a power user by any means, but just want a nice interface and a nice way to organize the books so that I don't have 7 zillion to scroll through every time I want to read an issue.

ComicZeal looks decent but I would love to hear from someone who has used it.

I just finished reading through the Prison arc.

Wow...

If the show keeps on the same pace it has, that arc will take us through Season 12.

I just finished reading through the Prison arc.Wow...If the show keeps on the same pace it has, that arc will take us through Season 12.
They found it in #12 and left it in #48 so it's more than a third of the books. They could easily spend two seasons there and can cut out quite a bit. I like that the show is diverging from the comics so more stuff will come as a surprise.

I just finished reading through the Prison arc.

Wow...

If the show keeps on the same pace it has, that arc will take us through Season 12.
They found it in #12 and left it in #48 so it's more than a third of the books. They could easily spend two seasons there and can cut out quite a bit. I like that the show is diverging from the comics so more stuff will come as a surprise.
Not after Sunday.

How do I read these on my iPad?
Go to the links and download them onto your computer. Mine showed up in the temporary folder and I just cut and paste them to a regular folder in my documents.I have downloaded a program called Calibre. Open each book in calibre and reformat it to a epub book (its not called reformat but I cant think of what it is called right now- maybe convert individually and bulk convert not that Im thinking about it)Once all the books are in Calibre, have calibre connect to itunes (must go thru Calibre). Add all the books to your library. The books will transfer to itunes. Plug your ipad in and swipe over all the books into your ipad. It takes 10 minutes. I put books 21-40 on my ipad before work this morning

How do I read these on my iPad?
Go to the links and download them onto your computer. Mine showed up in the temporary folder and I just cut and paste them to a regular folder in my documents.I have downloaded a program called Calibre. Open each book in calibre and reformat it to a epub book (its not called reformat but I cant think of what it is called right now- maybe convert individually and bulk convert not that Im thinking about it)Once all the books are in Calibre, have calibre connect to itunes (must go thru Calibre). Add all the books to your library. The books will transfer to itunes. Plug your ipad in and swipe over all the books into your ipad. It takes 10 minutes. I put books 21-40 on my ipad before work this morning
:thumbup: I'll give it shot today, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread