What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**TNF on Prime Video - Patriots at Steelers** (-6, 30) 8:15 (1 Viewer)

New England isn't tanking.

At all.

Running the clock down and taking timeouts.

Philadelphia would have their third-string QB in there throwing passes to try and lose.

Steelers are terrible. I think some guys over in the Steeler thread were cautioning against getting too cocky vs. Arizona and New England.

Two 2-whatever teams just went in and won in Pittsburgh. Embarrassing.
Ya, I called the loss to AZ but figured this would be a bounce back game.

Of course NE can't get the 1st down so Johnson gets 3.4 pts on the final garbage time and gets to 14.7 pts Engram only has beat that once all year yet another mistake that shouldn't been but NE can't get a foot.

Steelers are terrible. I think some guys over in the Steeler thread were cautioning against getting too cocky vs. Arizona and New England.

None of us were surprised that this team could lose 2 straight games to 2 win teams. The Steelers at the time were probably the luckiest 7-4 team in the history of the league. Not probably - they were the luckiest 7 win team ever. They were outgained in every single game of the year.

Steelers are a joke, no doubt. If Tomlin isn't on the hot seat then no coach should ever be. Just so strange how he continues to get a pass. They're even calling for Belicheks head everywhere & he's supposedly greatest of all time.

Bezos is paying $1,000,000,000 per year for the privilege of airing these.
We are all gonna watch

Naw, just got in.

Did take 5 minutes to glance over the league scores after it ended. Had a long ride home in car service after an event tonight with wifey, brought my headphones along so I could watch it on the way home....but fell asleep as soon as we hit the highway.

Anyway, lot of bad offenses in the league rn. Some games are very skippable. And I love watching the NFL.

1% chance their 2024 starting QB is currently on the roster, especially in a loaded draft class with 4-5 1st round QBs, and potentially guys like Justin Fields, Kirk Cousins, maybe even guys like Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill or Baker Mayfield available.
NE has lots of cap space. Will Tannehill or Cousins or others wanna play in NE?

1% chance their 2024 starting QB is currently on the roster, especially in a loaded draft class with 4-5 1st round QBs, and potentially guys like Justin Fields, Kirk Cousins, maybe even guys like Jimmy G, Ryan Tannehill or Baker Mayfield available.
Cousins will have a lot of suitors if he hits the market, Tannehill will probably go anywhere he's being asked to be a starter.

With those weapons? Not likely (cousins). They can trade up a spot and get their guy - as a bears fan, hoping this happens.

Cousins will have a lot of suitors if he hits the market, Tannehill will probably go anywhere he's being asked to be a starter.
Atlanta is probably the most likely suitor for Tannehill given who their coach is, which means another year of headaches in fantasy for Falcons fantasy owners.

Atlanta is probably the most likely suitor for Tannehill given who their coach is, which means another year of headaches in fantasy for Falcons fantasy owners.
If Arthur Smith is still coaching the Falcons. He's on the hot seat I think. I also think the front office might want to aim higher, and Cousins would probably be interested in a team like Atlanta with a good OL and weapons. If the Bears take a QB at #1 (I'm hoping they trade down again) then Fields would be an interesting fit there as well.

Steelers are a joke, no doubt. If Tomlin isn't on the hot seat then no coach should ever be. Just so strange how he continues to get a pass. They're even calling for Belicheks head everywhere & he's supposedly greatest of all time.
Not a joke they have 7 wins and could be back in the playoffs after Sunday.
His QBs are Mitch and Kenny who should never start in the NFL. He'd be hired in a heartbeat if Steelers let him go. Nobody in the world could have coached them better at this point in the season. People must think Pickett and Mitch are starting quality QBs. They aren't not even close.

Nate was told he was going into the game a week in advance. You really still angry about this? lol

Tom Curran (Patriots reporter and head beat guy) just reminded everybody (on-air) how Philadelphia "blatantly threw a game" in 2020. He still remembers. The whole league remembers. What on earth are you trying to play innocent about? It'll go down in league history as the biggest tank job ever.

I could tell my father he's going into the game a week in advance and that doesn't disqualify it from being a total tank job. Just because you call him by his first name doesn't mean he was worthy of seeing anything but a clipboard that day. Hurts had them in a position to win and he was pulled. It was ******** on top of ********, and everybody in the league but you and the knuckle-draggers know it.

everybody in the league but you and the knuckle-draggers know it.

In fact, you do and did know it because you were chasing everybody around with their history of approving tanking or some other weird stuff. Everybody agreed it was a tank job, even on your side. You guys were so used to it in Philly (hey, how'd that hoops strategy work out?) that it was just like second nature.

In fact, you do and did know it because you were chasing everybody around with their history of approving tanking or some other weird stuff. Everybody agreed it was a tank job, even on your side. You guys were so used to it in Philly (hey, how'd that hoops strategy work out?) that it was just like second nature.
U ok?

U ok?

I’m fine. You responded so I did. You’re gaslighting. End of conversation.

U ok?

I’m fine. You responded so I did. You’re gaslighting. End of conversation.
Wrong but ok

oh look...ANOTHER failed Tush Push for a team not the Eagles

Yeah, keep deluding yourself that you're the only team that can run a scrum play that nobody wants to run.
I'm not. But there is ZERO reason to outlaw it. Philly is good at it because of personnel, and it isn't any more dangerous then any other traditional sneak.
Philly is good at it because Hurtz is fat. Momentum = mass x velocity. It's an affront to legitimate football.

Users who are viewing this thread