What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady should be fined and suspended (1 Viewer)

MInistry of Pain- I respected your opinion at one time but your true colors are showing and it's not pretty, it's bush league as a matter of fact. Take a break from football.

Brady is a class act, always has been, and the first person to admit if he makes a mistake. There's good reason he's one of the faces of the NFL.

Until now, I thought it was absurd to propose a suspension of Brady, but if an official gets suspended for profanity a player definitely should.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285921/article/umpire-roy-ellison-suspended-one-game-for-use-of-profanity
Wait a minute... you post this here, but then start a new thread about basically the same thing 5 minutes later?

Really doubling down today. ;)
Yes, that is correct. It's a topic worth it's own discussion and also applicable to this discussion.

MInistry of Pain- I respected your opinion at one time but your true colors are showing and it's not pretty, it's bush league as a matter of fact. Take a break from football.

Brady is a class act, always has been, and the first person to admit if he makes a mistake. There's good reason he's one of the faces of the NFL.
What exactly in that OP is bush league? And not to mention a referee the same week is suspended for lipping off to a player.

Huge double standard in the NFL and the SP. Sorry my years of thoughtful opinions are flushed because of your love for the Patriots. Brady has been in the league a long time, I don't go around ragging on him. I actually respect his work on the field, owned him in umpteen dynasty leagues, he was clearly wrong for doing this, my opinion does not change.

People can't separate the PI call from Brady's actions after, one does not make an excuse for the other.

The top names that keep the money coming through the gate will always get away with more than anyone else. To say that Brady should be fined & suspended after what was a bad call, is oblivious to the world we live in.

I don't care if an official gets suspended, that will have zero impact on anything. Roger Goodell works for the owners, & I'd be willing to bet that not a single owner would want him suspended for a top 3 game of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

What exactly in that OP is bush league? And not to mention a referee the same week is suspended for lipping off to a player.

Huge double standard in the NFL and the SP. Sorry my years of thoughtful opinions are flushed because of your love for the Patriots. Brady has been in the league a long time, I don't go around ragging on him. I actually respect his work on the field, owned him in umpteen dynasty leagues, he was clearly wrong for doing this, my opinion does not change.

People can't separate the PI call from Brady's actions after, one does not make an excuse for the other.
You're "going around - AND around - ragging on him here.

That second part must have killed you to write. I know plenty of Dolphin fans and they're obsession with Brady and the Patriots is very similar to your tone herein.

It's not just Dolphin fans. Brady is a poser who puts on a good act. Some can see through it and most can't.

His true colors were caught on tape.

That second part must have killed you to write. I know plenty of Dolphin fans and they're obsession with Brady and the Patriots is very similar to your tone herein.
I don't know why you would say that but I'm not gonna spend another 5 pages proving it. This forum is getting old and tired.

Brady is a locker room cancer who has torn apart every team he's ever played for. It's all about him, always -- the hair, all the gay rights stuff, his champion Pomeranians that he won't shut up about, the pink Rolls Royce, the handbag line. No one has the cojones to tell him to tone it down.

I don't know why you would say that but I'm not gonna spend another 5 pages proving it. This forum is getting old and tired.
So 46 posts dominating the thread going on and on was not getting old and tired...that is the stopping point?

Until now, I thought it was absurd to propose a suspension of Brady, but if an official gets suspended for profanity a player definitely should.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000285921/article/umpire-roy-ellison-suspended-one-game-for-use-of-profanity
The two situations are not at all analagous.

:bye:

So 46 posts dominating the thread going on and on was not getting old and tired...that is the stopping point?
This is rich
It is...just wondering what part was the tipping point of it getting old and tired.
It's rich coming from a guy who is regarded here as always getting the last word in, that's all.

The moderators should delete this thread. It is a huge waste of time. Crying about Brady arguing / yelling at refs and calling for a suspensions is just stupid.

Brady in the heat of the game argued a call. Who cares about profanity. This is football. This is a game where you hit people, knock them to the ground.

That ref used racial slurs and is in a position of authority. It is light years apart to compare to what Brady said.

For me to even be posting in this thread is stupid. This thread feels like one of those arguments you have with a 4 yr old. Where common sense and normal thinking just do not exist.

Delete already.

He chewed out refs again tonight.
Double Standard, it's Brady. I bet other players would have drawn a flag for acting the same way. Roger didn't do anything to him last week so why wouldn't he think he could do it during an actual game this week?
The moderators should delete this thread. It is a huge waste of time. Crying about Brady arguing / yelling at refs and calling for a suspensions is just stupid.

Brady in the heat of the game argued a call. Who cares about profanity. This is football. This is a game where you hit people, knock them to the ground.

That ref used racial slurs and is in a position of authority. It is light years apart to compare to what Brady said.

For me to even be posting in this thread is stupid. This thread feels like one of those arguments you have with a 4 yr old. Where common sense and normal thinking just do not exist.

Delete already.
I agree but last year Mike Wallace was flagged and fined for using profanity.

Double Standard, it's Brady. I bet other players would have drawn a flag for acting the same way. Roger didn't do anything to him last week so why wouldn't he think he could do it during an actual game this week?

Delete already.
I agree but last year Mike Wallace was flagged and fined for using profanity.
Thank you

Didnt Rivers get flagged for blowing up at the Refs this year?
Ding!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/24/philip-rivers-i-didnt-say-anything-out-of-line-when-yelling-at-the-refs/

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers got a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct after screaming at the officials during Sunday’s game against the Titans, but afterward Rivers said he didn’t use any bad words.

Although Rivers acknowledged that he wishes he would have stopped talking before drawing a penalty flag, he said he thinks the officials threw the flag just because he threw up his hands in frustration, and not because of anything he said.

I didn’t say one thing that was out of line. Again, that’s no excuse. I’m certainly not proud of getting a penalty,” Rivers said, via AL.com.

Didnt Rivers get flagged for blowing up at the Refs this year?
Ding!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/24/philip-rivers-i-didnt-say-anything-out-of-line-when-yelling-at-the-refs/

Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers got a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct after screaming at the officials during Sunday’s game against the Titans, but afterward Rivers said he didn’t use any bad words.

Although Rivers acknowledged that he wishes he would have stopped talking before drawing a penalty flag, he said he thinks the officials threw the flag just because he threw up his hands in frustration, and not because of anything he said.

I didn’t say one thing that was out of line. Again, that’s no excuse. I’m certainly not proud of getting a penalty,” Rivers said, via AL.com.
The NFL's rules are so convoluted and inconsistent. Does anyone have an idea what kind of abuse a coach or player has to heap on a ref before it's a penalty? In the NBA it's pretty clear that you get T'd up pretty quick if you try to show up a ref but in the NFL, you see coaches and players cuss out and belittle refs all the time with no repercussions.

Drew Brees gets a borderline the call, but it's OK that Jason Campbell gets clubbed like a baby seal.

Everyone else in the league gets 15 for screaming at an official, but Brady shows them up on national TV two weeks running and it's all good.

Some animals are more equal than others.

Delete already.
Brady was a good 10+ yards down field arguing the non-call last night. If any DB were to do that it would have prompted an unsportsmanlike conduct flag.

Delete already.
Brady was a good 10+ yards down field arguing the non-call last night. If any DB were to do that it would have prompted an unsportsmanlike conduct flag.
Oh please! You see this EVERY WEEK when a WR thinks they have just been raped by the DB - they turn to the ref and plead their case on way or another. Take off the Brady Hate glasses here. Just so silly. Same deal the other way when a DB has been flagged and they felt they did nothing wrong.

Delete already.
Oh please! You see this EVERY WEEK when a WR thinks they have just been raped by the DB - they turn to the ref and plead their case on way or another. Take off the Brady Hate glasses here. Just so silly. Same deal the other way when a DB has been flagged and they felt they did nothing wrong.
I've seen plenty of receivers get animated when the didn't get a call but I have never seen them sprint 10 yards down the field to berate a ref like Brady did.

I've been watching football for 40 years and I don't think I've ever seen a player get flagged for arguing with an official.

Delete already.
This exactly. Bradys the only QB in the league who can chase a ref 10, 15 yards down field without getting a flag...

Delete already.
I've seen plenty of receivers get animated when the didn't get a call but I have never seen them sprint 10 yards down the field to berate a ref like Brady did.
Exactly. I don't have Brady HaterTM Glasses on. Even though I'm a Jet fan. And we gave him the job.

Where the WR or DB usually jumps up and down for a sec and cries "OMG!", Brady ran 10-15 yards beyond the line of scrimmage- 20-25 yards worth of travel- and most definitely didn't just say, "OMG!"

He's not the only one who could get away with that, but the list of those who could is very short. Peyton could, but he probably wouldn't. Maybe Rodgers? He probably wouldn't, either.

Okay. Maybe it is just Brady- who could, would and does.

Prove it---who is the QB that got a fine/flag for similar behavior? If you can't back up these kinds of things, you should probably examine your own assumptions.

The Rivers article you cited, since you do not appear to have actually read it, makes clear that Rivers both went a lot farther than Brady did, engaged more closely with officials, and was actually wrong.

So, can you back up your claims, or is it a lot of baloney?

I'm shocked at the whole idea that there could be "superstar" treatment for NFL athletes. God I'm hope this crap doesn't bleed over into the NBA.

Any pats fan that thought that was dreaming.

Knew this would be a tough one. The games in Miami are always tough.

Still almost pulled it out.

And Cinci blew it last night so this doesn't sting as much.

Tom Brady should be fined and suspended for not getting the ball to Vereen more. I didn't see the game but that doesn't matter. It is all Tom Brady's fault. It can't be mine. JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED! ;)

Tom Brady should be fined and suspended for not getting the ball to Vereen more. I didn't see the game but that doesn't matter. It is all Tom Brady's fault. It can't be mine. JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED! ;)
I did see the game, and Miami was keying on Vereen. When the ball did go to Vereen, he got lit up pretty much immediately. The Fins did a good job taking him out of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread