What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Top 50 Sandwiches - Ranked by Scoresman (2 Viewers)

I chastised a coworker for putting ketchup on a hotdog at a baseball game today
I put ketchup, mustard, onions…..whatever on a hot dog.

You elitists with your stinking stupid hot dogs. It’s a tube of the dregs of whatever meat they scoop up off the factory floor.
My basic rule of thumb with meat is the higher the quality, the less it needs to be cooked/things added to it. So count me in for a well done dreg dog with the works. 🌭

Is this now the ***OFFICIAL*** sandwich thread? Would love to see what people are making at home.

If you like sandwiches, follow me on twitter.
My favorite to do at home.
Only made these once, were so damn good, need to again.
Was just playing around and did these. Suck it, @New Binky the Doormat
It's a sandwich, and perfect after midnight. Someone's favorite cheese @Dan Lambskin !
Are those pickled jalapenos on that first sandwich? I love those things.
No just pickled hot peppers (not jalapeños).

Is this now the ***OFFICIAL*** sandwich thread? Would love to see what people are making at home.

If you like sandwiches, follow me on twitter.
My favorite to do at home.
Only made these once, were so damn good, need to again.
Was just playing around and did these. Suck it, @New Binky the Doormat
It's a sandwich, and perfect after midnight. Someone's favorite cheese @Dan Lambskin !
Are those pickled jalapenos on that first sandwich? I love those things.

I go through about a jar of these a week

I've never been a huge fan of open faced sandwiches. It feels wrong holding a sandwich like a slice of pizza to eat it and then have half the ingredients fall off anyway, and it feels even more wrong to use a fork and knife if it's super messy/wet.

The point of a sandwich to me is to put something delicious into bread so you can fairly easily eat it with your hands.

I've never been a huge fan of open faced sandwiches. It feels wrong holding a sandwich like a slice of pizza to eat it and then have half the ingredients fall off anyway, and it feels even more wrong to use a fork and knife if it's super messy/wet.

The point of a sandwich to me is to put something delicious into bread so you can fairly easily eat it with your hands.
Agree generally but always have tomatoes on toast open-faced.

An open faced sandwich is a sandwich the same way a motorcycle is a two-wheeled car.

You elitists with your stinking stupid hot dogs. It’s a tube of the dregs of whatever meat they scoop up off the factory floor.
Mmmm…dregs

I will order anything that comes with “pork debris”

"Debris Po'Boy" would have been in my top 5. Great minds.....

#1 - Italian Sub/Grinder​

Country of origin: USA 🇺🇸

Italian cold cuts, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, peppers, vinaigrette on a hoagie/sub

We finally come to the sandwich that is as close to a religious experience as I will ever have. Everything that is good about sandwiches is included here. That said, the ratio of the ingredients is critical. Maybe more critical than any other sandwich. If any one ingredient is too heavy handed, it will throw it off. More often than not, if one of these is off it tends to be because of too much lettuce, not enough vinaigrette, or just too much of everything making it near impossible to enjoy properly. New Yorkers have it pretty good because finding a perfect one of these anywhere else is difficult. My meats of choice are mortadella, capicola, and genoa salami. Provolone, red onion and peppers, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
If you want to kick this up another notch add a smear of tapenade onto the bread and use a crusty Italian roll or baguette as the bread of choice.

ETA...here is my go to place for this type of sandwich https://alescis.com/menu/ There are a few here that would be right up your alley, but the Mufaletta and The Vito are my jam (notice the tapenade!)

Last edited:
hamburger not a sandwich....it hangs out with hot dogs, gyros, patty melts....
what's your definition of a sandwich then?
anything with sandwich in the name
cool, so a cheesesteak is not a sandwich. got it.

Neither is a Reuben, Panini, or a Jambon Beurre I guess.

You cant define a sandwich in simple terms. There's always going to be exceptions and inclusions that need to be noted, etc.

I must say that I don't really ever miss eating meat but the few times over the years when I have craved something, it was an Italian sub with everything (add hot peppers) from a place called Anthony's in the town I grew up in. Damn that thing was good.

Had a pork Banh Mi for lunch today. It was in our office food court so didn't expect much and they delivered. It was fine though.
I had a bbqed pork Banh Mi on Tuesday. It is from a new place I discovered. I ordered two of them, one for me and another for my youngest son. As I sat waiting for my takeout order, I noticed I was the only Caucasian person in the crowded restaurant. This is usually a very good indication of the quality of the food. The sandwiches didn't disappoint.

Had a pork Banh Mi for lunch today. It was in our office food court so didn't expect much and they delivered. It was fine though.
I had a bbqed pork Banh Mi on Tuesday. It is from a new place I discovered. I ordered two of them, one for me and another for my youngest son. As I sat waiting for my takeout order, I noticed I was the only Caucasian person in the crowded restaurant. This is usually a very good indication of the quality of the food. The sandwiches didn't disappoint.
Definitely want the place to be filled with people of the race/nationality/culture/whatever (y)

I enjoy a good hamburger sandwich

It's a grind away from the steak sandwich that finished #3
And whatever that chopped cheese thing is..
It’s a cheeseburger, but then chopped it up and put it in a sub bun
So a cheeseburger hoagie/grinder/sub/sandwich. it’s probably American cheese, right? :penalty:

We really need to petition to have this changed the :Americancheese: emoji @FBG Moderator

Mmmm…dregs

My link
Peppa pig was/is awesome. 🥹

Mmmm…dregs

My link
Or gross.

Mmmm…dregs

My link
Or gross.
She’s a kids cartoon. My daughter loved her

Mmmm…dregs

My link
Or gross.
She’s a kids cartoon. My daughter loved her
I know who Peppa Pig is. I don't live in a cave.

Users who are viewing this thread