What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TOP GUN (1 Viewer)

Despite my rant on Cruise earlier I want to see this in the theater too. I am a sucker for good fighter plane action scenes and all the early word of mouth was that those scenes are amazing and the next leap forward in camera work.

I am not expecting Shakespeare story-wise but do expect to be entertained. If I hadn’t of caught COVID this week would probably be seeing this first weekend.  :kicksrock:

Look at the date on that quote.  3 yrs ago.  Crazy world. 
Yeah KP already has his tickets bought and is jacked for it. As he should be. Drinks at The Hard Deck on me for anyone here who sees it at the theater and doesn’t enjoy this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the Original last night with wife. She started with ‘I’ve seen it’…laughed at how everyone was overly sweaty and glistening…made fun of the Ice / Mav locker room confrontation…then watched every second until the credits on the edge of her seat. Exactly what I expected and needed to pave the way for a weekend IMAX visit.

Rewatching the original for maybe the 150th time (seriously, I think I watched top gun more than once a month for a ten year period from HS-College-Grad school) on my flight right now. Still love it.

Can't wait.

I posted this in the wrong thread. This was supposed to be here yesterday.

First -The previews, Jurassic Park looks decent, they bring all the cast back together.

Mission Impossible is so good they are making two parts. In the preview their are two scenes of

Tom Cruise running, so you know it's going to be twice as good. Tom Cruise has a running

scene in Maverick.

Second- This is a Hollywood cornball feel good tug at your heart put your brain on hold action/drama

movie. If you can get to see it in IMAX do it. Also, Jennifer Connolly looks damn good.

Third- They use the old soundtrack in parts and it works very well.  They do a very good job on the

drama side. It's not your here for all action and the rest is melted Velveeta.

Podcast I listened to described it perfectly. It’s like a great roller coaster. You get off and your first thought is, “I want to ride it again”. 

Just set the record for biggest Thursday sneak preview sales ever with over $19 million.

"It's a welcome back to the movies experience."    Love that.
While I’m a fan of Tom Cruise I wouldn’t say he’s ever been my favorite guy. I like his movies but I think there are much better actors. With that said his COVID rant that went viral about needing to take this seriously to save the movies…..  Well Tom Cruise you have saved the movie industry my friend. Well done and kudos

I'm 51 years old and never seen Top Gun.  At this point I wear it as a contrarian badge of honor, and will likely never watch it just to continue to see people's confused faces when I mention it to them.  

I'm 51 years old and never seen Top Gun.  At this point I wear it as a contrarian badge of honor, and will likely never watch it just to continue to see people's confused faces when I mention it to them.  
My wife’s 41 and never seen a Star Wars or any Godfather.  

Watched the Original last night with wife. She started with ‘I’ve seen it’…laughed at how everyone was overly sweaty and glistening…made fun of the Ice / Mav locker room confrontation…then watched every second until the credits on the edge of her seat. Exactly what I expected and needed to pave the way for a weekend IMAX visit.
The original has aged really well. 

I was getting as excited about this as the next guy in line, but I'd say at this point you shouldn't bother. It's not that great. If you remember military fashion and attitudes (think aviators and cocky guys with spiked hair) from about '86-'88, you know all you need to know about this movie, really. 

I'm 52 and while I'm sure I watched it at some point in my youth, I couldn't have told you what it was actually about, what the story/plot was, or who played Goose or Ice Man.

Anyway, me and the wife watched it a few nights ago and now I'm pumped for the new one.

Gonna get really high and go to a matinee showing next weekend.

Hold up thought this was a rookie move.  It wasn't shot in IMAX. 

Screenx is supposed to be what sharks do right?
It was shot in imax. I heard an interview with the director and they literally invented a new type of imax camera for it that shoots in 6k and is the smallest imax camera ever made. 

I was getting as excited about this as the next guy in line, but I'd say at this point you shouldn't bother. It's not that great. If you remember military fashion and attitudes (think aviators and cocky guys with spiked hair) from about '86-'88, you know all you need to know about this movie, really. 
Wrong. It’s was way more than that. How old are you rock?

Woah, you totally left out the homoerotic subtext. I mean come on!

My father-in-law was a Navy pilot and TG is his favorite movie. We quote it all the time lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread