What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TRUMP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND HQ - The Great and Positive Place (5 Viewers)

I don't know that Buttigieg is 'my candidate' but I do like him. I hope you're wrong about the gay thing being a deterrent, it may be among blacks. Give Trump and the GOP more time to piss off assorted minority communities and get back to me in April next year. Maybe blacks will be so fed up they'll vote for anyone with a D behind their name, like lots of other people. 

In July 2015, Trump had no shot. His campaign was a novelty back then. We all know how that turned out.
I completely disagree with you about African Americans being fed up with Trump and voting for any Democrat.  Did you watch the Democrat debate?  They all raised their hands for free healthcare for illegals, some even argued to decriminalize crossing the border.  They care more bout non citizens than actual citizens.  Trump will improve on his 2016 vote totals with African Americans in 2020. 

I’m just going to skip the usual discussion about the inappropriateness of ‘Pocahontas’. To me she’s an American hero, a part of colonial lore and it’s outrageous Trump is so disrespectful to her memory. I consider it unpatriotic:

As for whites though, I don’t know. I don’t mind admitting I’m not bold enough to make calls. But you know I’m perplexed by Trump supporter behavior and that’s why I’m here. The *only way I see a ‘white’ person objecting to Warren’s ethnic claim to Cherokee lineage is if they feel like there’s something bad about a white person denying they’re white, is that what you mean? I hope not. - My objections aside I can see how Trump’s usual themes of hypocrisy would be effective here. I’m sure that’s the thrust and it’s pretty obvious Trump’s just going with his one trick of voter suppression again, that’s the whole thing.
How many White Claws have you had tonight down there?  :lol:   Yes that is exactly what I mean, Liz Warren is the Rachel Dolezal of the Democrat Presidential field.  Even non Trump supporters seem to admit as much.  Look at @dkp993 he hates Trump and says what Liz Warren did was absolutely deplorable . 

Yes that is exactly what I mean, Liz Warren is the Rachel Dolezal of the Democrat Presidential field.  Even non Trump supporters seem to admit as much.  Look at @dkp993 he hates Trump and says what Liz Warren did was absolutely deplorable . 
I understand the point but why whites specifically? Isn’t the POV about Warren the same if you’re black?

I understand the point but why whites specifically? Isn’t the POV about Warren the same if you’re black?
Because it's completely bizarre what she did.  And yes I guess it could be.

Here's the thing I don't get about Liz Warren supporters, why wouldn't you just Bernie Sanders?  He's the real deal, no bs and has all the same positions and some even crazier.  Is it an age things?  Because she's in her 70's as well.   

Yes, lowest unemployment in history for African Americans I am sure they are "fed up" with Trump right now.
:goodposting:

Democrats always talk about people "voting against their interests."  I'm sure Jamaal from Cleveland is going to vote for "anybody with a D" just so they can suddenly grant 20 million people citizens and screw him over for work.  

Here's the thing I don't get about Liz Warren supporters, why wouldn't you just Bernie Sanders?  He's the real deal, no bs and has all the same positions and some even crazier.  Is it an age things?  Because she's in her 70's as well.   
You raise a fascinating question here; I’ve wondered about it myself. In terms of policy the difference between the two is pretty minimal. In fact I’ve heard both Bernie and Warren asked the question “How are you different from Warren/Bernie?” and neither one was able to give a coherent answer that I could understand. 

Maybe it’s because Warren is new to the Presidential race and Bernie is 2016. Maybe there are women supporting Warren who are resentful of Bernie for hurting Hillary, or because of the stories of misogyny that surrounded his last campaign. Maybe it’s Bernie’s tepid stances on gun control and impeachment of Trump. 

I don’t know. All I know is that it’s clear this time around that among progressives she has the momentum and he doesn’t. A good debate by him and a poor showing by her could always reverse that. But I wouldn’t count on the latter: she seems awfully prepared. 

This is the last hurrah for both of these people I think. The progressive torch is going to be passed to somebody younger, perhaps AOC. 

Democrats always talk about people "voting against their interests."  I'm sure Jamaal from Cleveland is going to vote for "anybody with a D" just so they can suddenly grant 20 million people citizens and screw him over for work.  
He will though. 

But Jamaal from Cleveland is not your problem. Your problem is all the Jamaals in Detroit, Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. They’re going for the D in a big way. 

Jamaal understand that unemployment rate had been falling for years and has zero to do with Trump.

Hey Jamaal you can have one of the #### jobs only illegal immigrants would do before.  That's what I see when anyone says blacks will now have work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, please keep your blatant falsehoods and nonsense like this in other threads and out of here. Zero value and truth as usual. 
Then what has he done to lower that rate?  Do you dispute that that rate was lowering years before he took office?

And stop the blatant falsehood trolling.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/08/576552028/fact-check-trump-touts-low-unemployment-rates-for-african-americans-hispanics

And a big problem with that claim is that those rates had been falling for long before Trump took office, and their declines don't appear to have picked up speed. This implies that there's nothing specific that Trump did to change this rate.

Indeed, both of these rates have been falling relatively steadily since around 2010, early in President Obama's tenure in the White House.

I completely disagree with you about African Americans being fed up with Trump and voting for any Democrat.  Did you watch the Democrat debate?  They all raised their hands for free healthcare for illegals, some even argued to decriminalize crossing the border.  They care more bout non citizens than actual citizens.  Trump will improve on his 2016 vote totals with African Americans in 2020. 
You have made this claim a few times about caring. How is that?

You raise a fascinating question here; I’ve wondered about it myself. In terms of policy the difference between the two is pretty minimal. In fact I’ve heard both Bernie and Warren asked the question “How are you different from Warren/Bernie?” and neither one was able to give a coherent answer that I could understand. 

Maybe it’s because Warren is new to the Presidential race and Bernie is 2016. Maybe there are women supporting Warren who are resentful of Bernie for hurting Hillary, or because of the stories of misogyny that surrounded his last campaign. Maybe it’s Bernie’s tepid stances on gun control and impeachment of Trump. 

I don’t know. All I know is that it’s clear this time around that among progressives she has the momentum and he doesn’t. A good debate by him and a poor showing by her could always reverse that. But I wouldn’t count on the latter: she seems awfully prepared. 

This is the last hurrah for both of these people I think. The progressive torch is going to be passed to somebody younger, perhaps AOC. 
It’s a puzzler for sure.  But you’re right, next debate is big.  I don’t think Bernie is just going to pack it in if you lays an egg, I mean there’s still 6 months until Iowa.

Passing the torch the AOC.  :lmao:   A sure way to finish off the party good and quick.  I’m in!

It’s what the Left is known for these days. Can’t believe these false claims are allowed in here. 
Honest question here: how do you describe or characterize Trump suggesting congresspeople who are Americans (born here) go back to countries Trump errantly claims they are from? 

Point being maybe it’s not racist by strict definition but what is it then? Just a lack of knowledge or something more sinister like xenophobia?

Honest question here: how do you describe or characterize Trump suggesting congresspeople who are Americans (born here) go back to countries Trump errantly claims they are from? 

Point being maybe it’s not racist by strict definition but what is it then? Just a lack of knowledge or something more sinister like xenophobia?
He’s a dummy but white nationalist, give me a freaking break. The Left is so unhinged that a dummy like Trump is unfortunately the better option and it’s not close. 

He’s a dummy but white nationalist, give me a freaking break. The Left is so unhinged that a dummy like Trump is unfortunately the better option and it’s not close. 
I frankly agree that Trump is just a dummy. So why doesn’t the right support him being primaried by a far more intelligent and reasonably candidate like kasich or flake?

I frankly agree that Trump is just a dummy. So why doesn’t the right support him being primaried by a far more intelligent and reasonably candidate like kasich or flake?
I’m not against it but it won’t happen. I’ve even been interested in hearing more from guys like Yang that seem intelligent with new ideas but the retreads will drown him out with the same garbage. 

Also I think most know like you and I that he’s just a dummy but the theatrics by the Left to try to make him look like the grand wizard has become the norm for the Left and why a lot of the country can’t stand them. 

Why is being “ a dummy” somehow an excuse for the behavior?  Also what the difference between being a dummy and being bigoted?  Isn’t a bigoted position just one of ignorance, ie being dumb about race.  

Trump re-election team putting in overtime this week-

Freshman Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) on Saturday questioned the patriotism of American-born citizens, claiming she "probably love this country more than anyone who is naturally born" in the United States.

Omar participated in a foreign policy panel at the liberal Netroots Nation conference in Philadelphia when she made her comment. Omar began her remarks by making light of her past anti-Semitic comments and the backlash that has resulted from them.

"Something that I get criticized for all the time. It's not what you think, so don't gasp," Omar said, prompting laughter from the panel and audience.

"It is that I am anti-American because I criticize the United States," Omar said. "I believe, as an immigrant, I probably love this country more than anyone that is naturally born and because I am ashamed of it continuing to live in its hypocrisy."

https://freebeacon.com/politics/omar-questions-the-patriotism-of-american-born-citizens/

Why is being “ a dummy” somehow an excuse for the behavior?  Also what the difference between being a dummy and being bigoted?  Isn’t a bigoted position just one of ignorance, ie being dumb about race.  
I didn’t say it was an excuse. I find Trump’s behavior to be abhorrent and embarrassing. But I do think he’s more so just stupid and apathetic than evil. 

In other words he’s more Biff Tannen than David Duke. 

It’s what the Left is known for these days. Can’t believe these false claims are allowed in here. 

Trump supporters spent the last month lecturing people about AOC being wrong to use the phrase "concentration camp". They argued that it was inappropriate for AOC supporters to point to the dictionary definition of "concentration camp", because modern colloquial use of the phrase had changed its meaning.

Now, the same supporters are pointing to the dictionary and crying "unfair".

Totally false . You can’t just call something racist because you don’t agree with it. So sick of  this behavior 
Really? Telling 4 minority women to go back to the corrupt horrible country they came from is not racist?

Especially since 3 of the 4 were born here in the USA 😎

I didn’t say it was an excuse. I find Trump’s behavior to be abhorrent and embarrassing. But I do think he’s more so just stupid and apathetic than evil. 

In other words he’s more Biff Tannen than David Duke. 
I totally agree but that’s also true for probably 95% of bigoted people.  I don’t believe it’s a primary driving belief like it is for say a David Duke but it’s undeniable at this point that his views are bigoted.  People can right it off to his age (generational beliefs) or being a “dummy” but it’s justification none the less.  

Wait some of you think black people in urban areas are going to flip to Trump/GOP in significant numbers? LOL. My wife volunteers as an election official. In the 2018 election she got assigned to a precinct in Detroit. She said they had literally 1 person vote for the GOP Senator candidate and he was black. 

I’m not against it but it won’t happen. I’ve even been interested in hearing more from guys like Yang that seem intelligent with new ideas but the retreads will drown him out with the same garbage. 

Also I think most know like you and I that he’s just a dummy but the theatrics by the Left to try to make him look like the grand wizard has become the norm for the Left and why a lot of the country can’t stand them. 
I am not a member of The Left but I think he is both very dumb and a very bad person. 

Hey guess what? The grand wizard was a dummy too. 

This guy has been handed the biggest gift ever and turns it into a gaffe making AOC look correct.

This is just rank incompetence. The Buchanan wing needed to be bought off in some way back in '92 and we're still paying for it in the Republican Party.

No way these rank idiots should hold national office. 
It’s not incompetence. He knows exactly what he’s doing. 

Wait some of you think black people in urban areas are going to flip to Trump/GOP in significant numbers? LOL. My wife volunteers as an election official. In tghe 2018 election she got assigned to a precinct in Detroit. She saif they had literally 1 person for the GOP Senator candidate and he was black. 
I'm not sure if they really believe that "Blexit" is real, or if they just think (as Trump undoubtedly and cynically does) that if they keep pretending that Blexit is real, then it will trick enough black voters to stay home and therefore tip the scales to Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread