What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump/White House Covid positive thread (2 Viewers)

After the doctor completed the press conference, it appears Mark Meadows "anonymously" leaked to reporters - 

“The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”
Mark Meadows??? No way....

After the doctor completed the press conference, it appears Mark Meadows "anonymously" leaked to reporters - 

“The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.”
Think that was pretty clear given the treatments he’s been getting. 

Were they going to try to hide this and the only reason it got out was the Hope Hicks news?
Probably.  My guess is they were rolling the dice on Trump being one of the asymptomatic cases.  

That's an incredibly uncharitable assumption to make, because it paints the president and his staff as both sociopathic and staggeringly incompetent, but I don't know why you'd assume anything else at this point.

So, to recap, according to the Doctor, he was diagnosed Wednesday - the morning after the debate. They only announced it Friday at 1am - after the Hope Hicks news was reported. He went to a fundraiser on Thursday. And they never told the Biden camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 20 people at the roundtable discussion at Bedminster on Thursday, presumably of the older demographic, and from everything I can tell they were sitting at the table right there with Trump. 

So, to recap, according to the Doctor, he was diagnosed Wednesday - the morning after the debate. They only announced it Friday at 1am - after the Hope Hicks news was reported. He went to a fundraiser on Thursday. And they never told the Biden camp.
And flew to Minnesota Weds as well for a fundraiser and rally.  

Kaitlan Collins@kaitlancollins

This statement should absolutely not be allowed to be on background. If you are giving a more concerned assessment of the president’s status than what the doctor just offered, it should be on the record.

Sara Cook@saraecook· 33m

BREAKING: “The president’s vitals over the last 24 hours were very concerning and the next 48 hours will be critical in terms of his care. We’re still not on a clear path to a full recovery.” --A source familiar with the President's health, to pool reporters

Agree 💯 with Collins above.

So Trump is also getting Zinc, vitamin D, aspirin, melatonin and an antihistamine, none of which are standard of care for treating covid.
Seems like a large combination of things being given in a short period of time.

Melatonin at night to sleep?  I admit to only knowing about it as our son takes it at night as it helps him sleep better.

Qanons still saying he's faking it and that he's safely away so while #redoctober (the culmination of their life work) can be enacted 😒

No one finds it surprising, and it is incredibly annoying to watch so many people be so disingenuous.

Unless you recently arrived via time machine from 1957 politics, none of the lack of compassion on either side is particularly shocking right now, and everyone who is "disturbed" and "dispirited" right now is only succeeding in making my ### twitch.
Thank you....100% correct.    Can't believe some of the posters here pretending to be compassionate after what we've seen in this forum since 2016.  
I detest Donald Trump and want him out of office, that is so different than wanting him dead.  Moreover I don't want Barron Trump to lose his father.  

Where do you get your news from?

Fox? No way. 

MSNBC? Sometimes.

Local tv network? Sometimes.

Footballguys politics threads? TOTALLY!

Were they going to try to hide this and the only reason it got out was the Hope Hicks news?
I bet they were trying to hide this because Trump thought it was “just the flu” and he’s invincible and so would be fine in a couple days. Just ride it out, don’t tell anyone.  Until his vitals went south and it was a wake up call. 

This is so bad. 

Kaitlan Collins@kaitlancollins

This statement should absolutely not be allowed to be on background. If you are giving a more concerned assessment of the president’s status than what the doctor just offered, it should be on the record.

Agree 💯 with Collins above.
This is insane. 

Without even touching anything about POTUS being sick...this is the stuff the Democrats...however they do it...need to hit on in the coming weeks once he recovers.  The danger they put others in, the lack of information given at such a time...all of it...just completely unacceptable.

Maggie Haberman and the NYT got you guys again I see. :coffee:  Of course she still hasn’t corrected the misinformation about the doctor misspeaking she put out on Twitter. 

I'm a little confused as to why Meadows of the record would be painting a more grim picture than the doctors. I'm not sure how to read this. 
Here’s what White House reporters are saying:

”This anonymous quote was sent to the White House pool reporters. It arrived in my inbox and the inboxes of other reporters who cover this White House. I do not know where this quote came from, and why this anonymous person has the authority to contradict the president’s doctors.”

Here is the report they got:

This is so nuts. 

There were 20 people at the roundtable discussion at Bedminster on Thursday, presumably of the older demographic, and from everything I can tell they were sitting at the table right there with Trump. 
They each paid upwards of $250,000 for the privilege of sitting with the President.

So...the WH is feeding the press anonymous sources?  Is that so they can then condemn the use of anonymous sources and call it fake news?  Just Meadows happened to get caught?
my muse:

DJT: "Who's turn is it to leak?"

MM: "uh...."

Peter Baker @peterbakernyt

Two people close to the White House said in separate interviews that the president had trouble breathing on Friday and that his oxygen level dropped, prompting his doctors to give him supplemental oxygen while at the White House. @maggieNYT

11:39 AM · Oct 3, 2020

Needing oxygen two days after testing positive is...very ungood.

If any of those people dies from COVID as a result, I think negligent homicide is an appropriate charge.

Maggie Haberman and the NYT got you guys again I see. :coffee:  Of course she still hasn’t corrected the misinformation about the doctor misspeaking she put out in Twitter. 
"A White House official clarifies Dr. Conley’s timeline. He says Conley meant to say it’s Day 3, not 72 hours in—the diagnosis was made Thursday night—and that Garibaldi meant to say it’s been two days, not 48 hours, since the Regeneron was administered on Thursday night."

That's an unusual misstatement.   

"I meant to say this is Day 3, but instead I picked a random number of hours. Huh. Dunno why I did that. Weird!"

Maggie Haberman and the NYT got you guys again I see. :coffee:  Of course she still hasn’t corrected the misinformation about the doctor misspeaking she put out on Twitter. 
Its my experience that doctors don't say "72 hours" when they mean "3 days ago" (which is still Wednesday) - doctors tend to be very precise with their words.

When the WH tries to clean up the mess - I tend to believe the mess.

This leadership doesn't take anything seriously.  They are reckless with everyone's lives but their own.  They are putting the country at risk.  Next month can't come soon enough.
The sad thing is, assuming he recovers, he’ll continue to beat his chest about how this virus isn’t a big deal and how the Dems overstated it and he’s fine.  He’s got literally the best health care in the world. How many COVID patients have had half, or a quarter, the care and attention he’s gotten?   The rich and entitled always expect to get more and better than the middle class Joe, but here it’s even worse because while he grew up privileged, he’s also the most powerful person in the world. 

Sigh. 

The sad thing is, assuming he recovers, he’ll continue to beat his chest about how this virus isn’t a big deal and how the Dems overstated it and he’s fine.  He’s got literally the best health care in the world. How many COVID patients have had half, or a quarter, the care and attention he’s gotten?   The rich and entitled always expect to get more and better than the middle class Joe, but here it’s even worse because while he grew up privileged, he’s also the most powerful person in the world. 

Sigh. 
Looking forward to this doctor being on Celebrity Bachelor Masked Marry a Dancing Millionaire.

"A White House official clarifies Dr. Conley’s timeline. He says Conley meant to say it’s Day 3, not 72 hours in—the diagnosis was made Thursday night—and that Garibaldi meant to say it’s been two days, not 48 hours, since the Regeneron was administered on Thursday night."

"I meant to say this is Day 3, but instead I picked a random number of hours. Huh. Dunno why I did that. Weird!"
That's what I posted earlier. I highly doubt doctors in this situation would make such a mistake. I'm inclined to believe the doctors here over the administration. 

When given the option of medical experts being mistaken or the White House lying, I think we all know what the truth is.

This leadership doesn't take anything seriously.  They are reckless with everyone's lives but their own.  They are putting the country at risk.  Next month can't come soon enough.
I disagree, the moment he entered the hospital removed that possibility.

Mine would be jaywalking.  A person decides to jaywalk in to a busy street, one time they do it and don’t see the car barring down. They get hit and rushed to the hospital.  I feel bad for them and hope for a full recovery but also feel they brought it upon themselves.  
The GoP mantra is people lives are based on choices they make.  It's the whole reason for not wanting welfare etc

That being said The president having covid is not good for anyone

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Best analogy for me: guy drives home hammered from the bar every night and is completely reckless about it, even flaunts it. People tell him not to, he keeps doing it. One day wraps his car around a tree and dies. I’m sort of indifferent about that. He was asking for it, and in the end, I’m sort of OK with the end result being he took out just himself rather than some innocent child. 

But yeah I’m not wishing death on Trump or anyone, and I’m sure not Tweeting a death wish.... jeez....
I was thinking more along the lines of contracting AIDS because of having unprotected sex with a bunch of dudes while also sharing needles.  I don't wish AIDS on that person or for them to suffer but it is pretty predictable it would be the result.  Of course with Trump he then went out and gave it to a bunch of people.  Sorry but that's despicable.

I've lost 2 friends already, a young family member and both of my parents have been really sick for weeks.  I can't help but believe some if not most of those deaths, not to mention the other 200,000+ Americans we've lost, could have been prevented if he would have just mandated masks in public. 

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Abby D. Phillip@abbydphillip·13m

Dr. Conley says the president has had a fever since Thursday. The WH disclosed his positive diagnosis at 1am on Friday morning.

Makes that trip to Bedminster even more egregious 
THIS. I can't express how angry it makes me and it should 100% of Americans. 

That's messed up.

I mean, the “he brought it on himself” comment isn’t THAT messed up. If I saw some Roger on the street behaving completely irresponsibly and then catching it, I’d think the same. That’s a whole lot different from a lot of the nasty “I hope he dies” stuff on Twitter. The latter is just so indefensible. 

Given how divisive and nasty he’s been, it’s not incredibly surprising to me that people aren’t too broken up about this. And I think he’s brought that on himself too.  For me, I don’t wish death or disease on anyone, but I’m also sort of :shrug:  about it.  

My comment "That's messed up" referred to the poll where 31% said that MLK "brought his assassination on himself".  That's messed up.

If someone were to say that Trump catching COVID "brought it on himself", frankly I'd have to agree.  He has the resources to bubble up real good, and chose not to because he's alpha or something.

The doctor refusing to admit he was on oxygen, I don't get it. 

You know they gonna ask, you know your answer isn't gonna satisfy.....I mean, how many of these have we seen???

And of course, the news that he WAS on oxygen leaks before doctor Handsome even finishes sweating.......which we ALSO could see coming. 

What was the point of that?

Gabriel Sherman @gabrielsherman

Conversations w Republicans close to WH over last 12 hours indicate it’s been far more dire than WH has said. Before being taken to Walter Reed, Trump kept asking aides, “Am I going out like Stan Chera? Am I?” (Chera was Trump’s NYC friend who died of Covid in April)

12:21 PM · Oct 3, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread