What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (5 Viewers)

I can understand being outhustled by Curacao.  This is basically the biggest game they've ever played.  What I don't get is why we're not even hustling at all.  Literally just standing around in a game that needs movement to succeed.

My take on Bradley.  When he was 24-25 he was incredible.  Timely passing, high motor, plenty of speed to make up for errors, and an uncanny ability to win second balls.  He was the second biggest reason(outside of Howard) that we had such an incredible run in the 2014 WC.  

Going into the 2018WC qualifying, we all expected him to be that same guy, along with being the team leader to get us back to the WC.  However, he wasn't.  He wasn't bad, he just wasn't incredible.  He lost a step, made uncharacteristic mistakes, and didn't have nearly the work rate.  He still was better than anyone else we had then at the position, but it wasn't what we had seen from him before.

Now, he's lost another half step.  He takes chances that he shouldn't and never used to.  Doesn't win any second balls(probably from lack of pace) and doesn't break open the defense as well as he used to.  He's still the second best choice we have at CDM, but Berhalter for some reason won't play Adams there and he isn't healthy right now anyway.  Most of the complaining is due to his drop off from near world class ability to being JAG.  He's still a good player and will continue to get minutes with this team, unless Berhalter finally cedes his spot to Adams going forward.
Good stuff. The loss of step contributes to what looks like taking chances I think. Imo, it's just him having to make the move under duress because the quick play is there less and less for him. You can see when he had time or cover the decisions are still top top.

And somebody else mentioned it earlier...and I can't keep thinking the same thing ... Either of the Mex or CR teams that played last night would smash this US team

At least the population of Trinidad and Tobago is over 1 million.

The population of Curacao is 160,000. 

And we are only leading 1-0 with 15 minutes left.

And they had to go to Curacao to get playing time anywhere. Not every Dutchman is Dennis Bergkamp.
Sure it would be the equivalent of the Dutch C or D team, but the population of Curaçao isn’t as relevant based on their situation. Nevertheless the point remains getting outplayed by this team is not a good look.

Curacao has looked good.  I'd say they're better than T&T and Guyana for sure.  Maybe even Panama.  I think we played pretty poorly, but they deserve a lot of credit too.  They did a great job of breaking our ####ty press all game.

Users who are viewing this thread