What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US Men's National Team (11 Viewers)

Has Dest dropped off the depth chart entirely? He did not dress today and all I see on twitter are lists of RB's that Barca is looking to buy....

Has Dest dropped off the depth chart entirely? He did not dress today and all I see on twitter are lists of RB's that Barca is looking to buy....
Was wondering this myself. Saw some rumors about Man United wanting him and Barca looking to move him, but nothing concrete.

EXCLUSIVE: The U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team (USMNT) is set to be the subject of a new documentary series as they gear up for the World Cup.

Park Stories and H.wood Media have teamed up with the U.S. Soccer Federation and Soccer United Marketing on the untitled all-access docuseries. WME is running the sales process with the series expected to launch on a streamer around the Qatar World Cup in November.

The series will bring fans into the locker room and visit the players in their hometowns as they prepare for the tournament.

from what I have read, Weston had a solid game today. His only limitation was not taking his normal long throws, which makes sense to stay away from for a while.

Trusty, Horvath, Sargent and Holmes all starting in Championship league play today.

Sands, and Tillman start in UCL Qualifying play.

Richie did not dress after his red card injury.

Rangers is playing PSV to get into the group stage of UCL today (first leg). That means either Richie or Sands/Tillman are going to get some big games this fall.

[Tom Bogert] BREAKING: The San Jose Earthquakes are finalizing a deal to name USMNT assistant Luchi Gonzalez as the club’s next head coach, per sources. Gonzalez will remain with USMNT through the World Cup, take over Quakes this offseason. Was previously manager of FC Dallas.

Yeah, I'm not sure I see the point of that move. I get that they stink something fierce right now but is he really gonna walk in there and start? Seems like some of other rumored destinations make a lot more sense.

Given his injury history, I think him moving into an every day starter type of role that people are clamoring for is a recipe for disaster. Hoping if he does move, they rotate him enough to not break him down come November.

here is another rumor
=============

Ben Jacobs

@JacobsBen
But as reported back in June, I am still told Pulisic is tempted by Serie A should the option present itself. Juventus have expressed some interest but it remains to be seen whether they advance it. Pulisic has spoken to Weston McKennie and would be prepared to move.

Yeah, I'm not sure I see the point of that move. I get that they stink something fierce right now but is he really gonna walk in there and start? Seems like some of other rumored destinations make a lot more sense.
I think there’s a pretty good chance he would. Ten Hag is running up against an established pecking order and I think part of the urgency is that he wants to bring guys who will be his, with no baggage to the club. And even if CP is a loan, he’d fit that bill. It lets Man U bring him in without the pressure of a big transfer fee eventually.

I don’t think Pulisic has changed that much. He’s always been streaky, but he’ll produce if the manager sticks with him. Lampard did that. Tuchel has not. If Ten Hag wants him, I think it’s an ideal situation. And of course, it would fulfill Christian’s boyhood dream. Still not enough to make me not hate Man U, but even Berbatov couldn’t make me love Man U.

Given his injury history, I think him moving into an every day starter type of role that people are clamoring for is a recipe for disaster. Hoping if he does move, they rotate him enough to not break him down come November.

Agreed. It is a tricky balancing act though. Pulisic, like most players, thrives when he is confident. I don't think Pulisic has the "I'm awesome" gene even when not playing. His confidence is fed from on field performance and we know he can get inside his own head when he is not playing.

I think we are all resigned to likely never seeing covid lock down Pulisic again, but we absolutely need him confident and on edge to get out of the group in Qatar. And I think that only happens with consistent playing time.

Only 2 friendlies left before the WC starts as we still don't know who our starting GK, starting LCB and starting striker are at this time. This is not good.....

Users who are viewing this thread