What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Veep" on HBO - Emmy winner, Outstanding Comedy Series (1 Viewer)

How in the world did this not get bumped last night?

I liked her as president, but the show has lost its Charm a little unless she gets bumped back to VP.

I've started this show five times now and I keep getting distracted. The dialogue comes so fast and furious, you need to clear your head before going in.

Absolutely love this show. The casting is superb and the writing is phenomenal. I don't know how HBO is doing it, but right now they can't seem to miss. They've reached the point that they could hype a gritty drama starring Carrot Top, Pauly Shore,Tom Green, and Andy **** and I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm even willing to give this new series with The Rock a look-see. If it were on any other network I would just assume it's garbage, but since it's on HBO I'm just assuming it's so well written and produced that not even The Rock can derail it.

Hey do I have time to talk to Jim and Dan and Mike?

Uh, no, you don't.

I want to.

Then you can.

Right.

Amazing episode.

"I outlived some dead idiot President... WOW!"

:lmao:

At least 20 hilarious one-liners tonight. These writers are killing it.

"Ma'am, the Apple Grower's Association would like to name a new brand of apple after you."

"Is it a good apple?"

"It's a baking apple."

"F--k 'em."

Another good show last night. Louis-Dreyfus is fantastic in the lead role.

No idea what's going on with Amy. Is Anna Chlumsky leaving the show? It's difficult to imagine her finding a way back after telling Meyer that she's a piece of crap.

Even though I don't particularly like the actress, what they're doing with Selina's daughter is great.

This is a fantastic show. Last night's episode was totally solid. Timothy Simon (Jonah Ryan) is my favorite character - similar to Steve Howey (Kevin) in Shameless.

That was easily the best episode of this entire series and one of the best single comedy episodes I've ever seen.

I was dying as they read Jonah's nicknames and Gary was incredible on the stand. A+.
That scene was outstanding. Reminded me a bit of the episode in Silicon Valley where they did the SWOT analysis of killing the guy jumping. I thought this episode was top-tier. Others have done the "in front of a senate committee" story-line, but they totally knocked it out of the ball park.

This show should get a hell of a lot more attention and praise that it does.

Raider Nation said:
That was easily the best episode of this entire series and one of the best single comedy episodes I've ever seen.

I was dying as they read Jonah's nicknames and Gary was incredible on the stand. A+.
Supercalifragilisticexpialidickcheese

Users who are viewing this thread