What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Veep" on HBO - Emmy winner, Outstanding Comedy Series (1 Viewer)

One of the best on screen diatribes of all time right there. I wonder how many takes they needed to get through it without someone busting up.

That last episode was genius.   The re-re hash of the meeting where they all skipped out on the VP and then showed Mike being paranoid and then showed them all having another meeting after Mike left via the recording was gold.

Ben, Richard, and Jonah's uncle have been revelations this season.

You add in the standard A game of everyone else.. It's just such a great 25 minutes.

And all this with a new show runner this season.

Might have been its best season yet. 

When Selina woke up, "oh god did I #### Richard?"

I assume this show runs for as many years as JLD wants to be involved. Almost like Curb. Have to imagine another Emmy is coming. 

Just started Season 1, bite me

I want to punch Jonah Ryan repeatedly, the emasculation of Gary Walsh week to week, and Mike looks like Chuck Todd which makes me want to punch him a few times too. 

JLD spot on, the rest of the cast is there for her to push in any direction she wants, looking forward to watching this over the next many weeks. 

I don't see CYE level yet here but that's a pretty lofty bench mark. 

Season 1 is great, but it is downhill from there and I think this one has run its course. For me, this show has a Batman in the Operating Room problem. Started out as great political comedy, now mostly an outright farce comedy.
Completely agree.  Still some funny lines, but most of the show is just a farce with completely unlikable characters 

I have rewinds who hate this show.  I have friends that think it's the best comedy on TV.  Seems like people are very split in general.

Completely disagree.  Still the funniest show on television by a wide margin and all of the characters are likable.
I think it's a funny show, worth watching. I think it changed when Iannucci and his writers left the show and were replaced by American writers. The story this past season was light on the biting political satire from the early years, heavy on goofy farcical caricature. 

What's your email address?

Splet 2 at Splet dot net.  Splet 1 was already taken by my dad.  But he's retiring soon so I'm gonna grab that handle.

:lmao:

I've been watching this on Amazon Prime...after season 2, I have to say that this is one the greats in the sitcom world.  It captures stuff that was great about Larry asunder and the Office and elevates it.  The jokes, the characters, just spot on.  I hope it stays at an all time great level....

VEEP has finally lost me. Another in a long history of HBO shows that started great and then got lazy, ran out of ideas. This show started as great, biting, real satire and has slowly become pure sitcom slapstick, mostly focused on one liners and the absurd. 

VEEP has finally lost me. Another in a long history of HBO shows that started great and then got lazy, ran out of ideas. This show started as great, biting, real satire and has slowly become pure sitcom slapstick, mostly focused on one liners and the absurd. 
we saw the season opener, and yeah... not quite the heights it previously hit. that said, the absurdity, one-liners, timing and cast are funny... and worth watching, IMO. 

we saw the season opener, and yeah... not quite the heights it previously hit. that said, the absurdity, one-liners, timing and cast are funny... and worth watching, IMO. 
There are still some funny moments, yeah.  But somebody needs to put this show out of its misery.

This season has started out a bit rough although the 2nd episode was better than the first. The strength of the show has always been the ensemble cast and how well they play off each other with the quick retorts and one-liners. It's a lot harder to do when everyone is split up into different groups and I don't think it's working as well.

I really don't get the Amy/Buddy relationship. Sure, I could see a one-night fling but I don't see how they could be together longer than that. It's hard to see through two episodes that they even like each other.

Making fun of Jonah never gets old.  :lmao:

Richard is my favorite character on this show now. Great subtle humor from him. When his pen ran out of ink and he was mumbling to himself about etching it into the paper and scanning over it later. :lmao:

It's a lot harder to do when everyone is split up into different groups and I don't think it's working as well.
Similar to Arrested Development Season 4, except this was self-inflicted.

Great when they get the gang together (Georgia was awesome).  Otherwise, not as sharp

Users who are viewing this thread