What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

War in Israel (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people who live in Kenya, and the Mau Mau rebellion in the 1950s, which was extremely brutal, suggests that they would not have been exactly happy with a Jewish homeland there either. And what right did the British have to give away land they didn’t own in the first place? (Which is also a question Palestinians raise whenever the Balfour Declaration comes up.)

Note she says "resistance" not "terrorism" and blames the "apartheid government."

That's pretty much a go **** yourself to Israel, isn't it?
Not necessarily. I don’t agree with it but it’s not an endorsement of Hamas.

I don’t want to discuss politics either. She has a point of view which I strongly differ with but I don’t think she’s beyond the pale, quite.

I wasn't sure I was reading this correctly or the way you intend it
Are you referring to Israel as "Jewish Settlers"?
I just want to make sure I was reading that as you intended it,
Not saying I agree/disagree but I want to have clarity when I read what folks are writing
I am referring to Jewish settlers as Jewish settlers.
Read that link, it's pretty interesting.

There are people who live in Kenya, and the Mau Mau rebellion in the 1950s, which was extremely brutal, suggests that they would not have been exactly happy with a Jewish homeland there either. And what right did the British have to give away land they didn’t own in the first place? (Which is also a question Palestinians raise whenever the Balfour Declaration comes up.)
I'm not arguing that it would have been puppys and ice cream in Kenya.

I was replying to "nowhere else to go". They insisted on Palestine.

That's all. inserting a fact.

I'm not in charge of @dickey moe thread but I think it would be more beneficial to just report on the NOW vs trying to go back in history and see who is more right or wrong and who truly has claim to the land, we've exhausted a lot of those debates in the PSF,

I would prefer we use this for as much news, real news as we can. I think all folks in here feel bad for the potential innocent people regardless of their religious status, we wish none of them would fight and kill each other

You start to pick one side and then some folks are going to be upset and want to defend the other side
-Hearing about everyone's personal understanding of history, it causes friction sometimes, I don't think it is done with any malice

Nobody has all the answers so let's just try and not talk others into what we think we know, it won't end well.
Share and then pass the mic or link as JB has asked us to do.

I think it will make better use of our time and we won't get into as many tussles back and forth.
We're all educated in here, even if we weren't...25 years of this place, you eventually learn how to use the keyboard

I'd love to see the thread remain, it's a good thing if we don't have to resort to name calling and going after individuals.
These are just some suggestions

:banned:

Last edited:
I have family in Israel. Hamas knew what they were doing. The government is in flux, it’s a holiday this week with Sukodt…..Israel will strike back with a vengeance and it won’t end well.

This is now a war….not a skirmish.

Terrible.
Todem, can you share what is happening over in Israel from anyone there on the ground?

I have read 1,000+ people killed in Israel and they are still pulling bodies out
I have also seen some big explosions and the like in the Gaza strip,
I would imagine the photos and video from those locations is going to be full of injured people and hard to watch for some

What happens if Israel does lower the boom and perhaps other countries unite against them? I've heard no countries want to take the Palestinians in across their borders
Humanitarian Crisis, those two words are going to start appearing all over the TVs

Last edited:
I have family in Israel. Hamas knew what they were doing. The government is in flux, it’s a holiday this week with Sukodt…..Israel will strike back with a vengeance and it won’t end well.

Terrible.
Todem, can you share what is happening over in Israel from anyone there on the ground?

I have read 1,000+ people killed in Israel and they are still pulling bodies out
I have also seen some big explosions and the lie in the Gaza strip,
I would imagine the photos and video from those locations is going to be full of injured people and hard to watch for some

What happens if Israel does lower the boom and perhaps another countries unite against them? I've heard no countries want to take the Palestinians in across their borders
Humanitarian Crisis, those two words are going to start appearing all over the TVs
My cousins have told me they have secured their borders again and are surgically striking them. Over 1000 dead in Israel and rising as they find more bodies.

They live in a town called Kadima Tzoran which is 60 miles north of Gaza.

This is a war. Hamas went all in by carrying out this premeditated terror attack.Their hope to get a massive, devastating response in the hope the world will turn against Israel. So basically they are willing to sacrifice all their people to see Israel be potentially annihilated but the rest of the muslim world.

They are simply sick in the head.

Israel knows this. They will be surgical for the most part. The mission is to eliminate and destroy Hamas’s capabilities. Basically set them back a decade hopefully. Gaza will never be the same again.

2 state solution? Forget it.

The fact neighboring countries are hard closing their borders......should tell you something. They want nothing to do with the Palestinians.

It’s a really horrible tragedy for Israel......and soon it will be for the 100’s of thousands of innocent Palestinians who allowed Hamas to be their leaders. As another poster pointed out.

You reap what you sow.

Last edited:
In any case, if there is any good news, maybe this is a shred of one. The young lady paraded half naked in the truck (and presumed dead) evidently is in a Gaza hospital. That's good to see.

Hope that's true but find it hard to believe.
Yeah. There’s a pretty clear exit wound on the back of her head. Wish I hadn’t seen that video.

Terrible.

What happens if Israel does lower the boom and perhaps another countries unite against them? I've heard no countries want to take the Palestinians in across their borders
My cousins have told me they have secured their borders again and are surgically striking them. Over 1000 dead in Israel and rising as they find more bodies.

This is a war. Hamas went all in by carrying out this premeditated terror attack.Their hope to get a massive, devastating response in the hope the world will turn against Israel. So basically they are willing to sacrifice all their people to see Israel be potentially annihilated but the rest of the muslim world.

Israel knows this. They will be surgical for the most part. The mission is to eliminate and destroy Hamas’s capabilities. Basically set them back a decade hopefully. Gaza will never be the same again.

The fact neighboring countries are hard closing their borders......should tell you something. They want nothing to do with the Palestinians.

It’s a really horrible tragedy for Israel......and soon it will be for the 100’s of thousands of innocent Palestinians who allowed Hamas to be their leaders. As another poster pointed out.

You reap what you sow.
If hundreds of thousands of innocent Palestinians are killed, that’s not surgical.

I don’t pretend to have the answers to this problem, but escalating violence isn’t the right path.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.
Unfortunately a lot of innocent people who didn’t sow anything are going to reap it as well.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.
If hundreds of thousands of innocent Palestinians are killed, that’s not surgical.

I don’t pretend to have the answers to this problem, but escalating violence isn’t the right path.
Also- let’s be clear- it doesn’t help Israel’s security.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

I've known Tommy for a long time on here, pretty authentic whether you agree or disagree.
There were several I highlighted on Page 1 that immediately were concerned about a humanitarian crisis which is real and I believe that is what you are concerned about

Rather than ask if you have any compassion towards the Israelis who were murdered, I would prefer to praise you for thinking about others that nobody is going to say a lot about right now. I watched entire buildings razed today in Gaza, it's disturbing to watch but so was this past Saturday and the last 2-3 days thru social media and the like,

10 years ago I might have wanted to try and punch at you thru the screen, now I want to sit down and pour us a drink, see what we can find common ground on.
The problem TG, these folks don't think like you and I do, you value human life, I know you do. Some of these folks don't including Hamas which has endangered 2Million people right now

But I know you feel bad for the people trapped in Gaza right now, and Hamas is likely counting on it because again I don't understand how you wage war on a nuclear armed country with so much more at their disposal, laser guided missiles, war planes armed to the tooth, well trained ground assault ready to roll as we speak...there is no way they could think they would defeat the Israeli Army, they want Israel to make a big military display in the coming days, for some reason it benefits Hamas

Glad to see you TG

@Joe Bryant appreciate you joining the discussion and not just flying in with an iron fist. We all know this can and should be a touchy subject. Political and religious beliefs are so intertwined in this convesation there are going to be some irrational and just plain not needed comments. The covid thread was so good at the beginning as a source of information, I hope this thread can take some lessons learned from that and remain a good source of info.

I have always been one that could put those beliefs aside as I can not tell any one person which side or which religion is right or wrong. You believe what you believe for a reason and I've never sought to change anyone's belief (which is near impossible btw).

i didn't grow up in the middle east. I am not Jewish or Muslim. Who am I to say you are right or wrong? But, if you come into my house, kill my kids (beheaded or otherwise) you better believe I will hate you forever. My kids and their kids and their kid's kids will hate you. And it won't go away, regardless if you think I stole your land or if I think my way is right. I just can't fathom how that can be thought of as an acceptable part of any conflict in any religion or any political system.

Gaza is just about the most densely populated place on earth. When every Muslim country closes their doors to even a humanitarian escape corridor I'm not sure what else there is but the hard way.

I don’t think the two state solution can be dead. It remains the only viable solution, difficult as it will be to achieve. The Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza aren’t going anywhere, there is no way to make them disappear. There can’t be a one state solution because the Muslims would numerically swamp the Jews and that would mean the end of Israel.

Which means there ultimately needs to be a State of Palestine existing next to a State of Israel. Long term that’s the only way to offer Israel real security.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.
Unfortunately a lot of innocent people who didn’t sow anything are going to reap it as well.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people want Gaza citizens to do. There haven't been any elections since Hamas took control in 2007 so anyone under the age of 34 didn't vote to install them. It's been a de facto government for awhile now.

I don't have any idea the weaponry the common Gaza citizen possesses either. Most have a hard time putting food on their table, so I don't know how many have weapons to even try and overthrow their own government even if they wanted to.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

I did not say they will kill 100’s of thousands. But there will potentially be that many people in a humanitarian crisis.

War is never good.

I don’t think the two state solution can be dead. It remains the only viable solution, difficult as it will be to achieve. The Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza aren’t going anywhere, there is no way to make them disappear. There can’t be a one state solution because the Muslims would numerically swamp the Jews and that would mean the end of Israel.

Which means there ultimately needs to be a State of Palestine existing next to a State of Israel. Long term that’s the only way to offer Israel real security.
Won’t be achieved in our lifetime if I were a betting man.

This event has set back any thoughts of that for at least 10-15 year’s minimum. So maybe it can happen?

Doubtful.

Polls show that Israelis are not interested in a two state solution. There was 62% support in 2021, 46% in 2022, 36% in July 2023. Now? Good luck. It's going to take a generation for Israelis to forget about what Hamas just did. Check back in like 2043.

Last edited:

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Yeah, I'm not sure what people want Gaza citizens to do. There haven't been any elections since Hamas took control in 2007 so anyone under the age of 34 didn't vote to install them. It's been a de facto government for awhile now.

I don't have any idea the weaponry the common Gaza citizen possesses either. Most have a hard time putting food on their table, so I don't know how many have weapons to even try and overthrow their own government even if they wanted to.
The same thing the Germans should have done when the Nazis took over, fight them back internally in every arena. Overthrow them, vote them out, refuse to help, etc.

The Gaza people believed in and supported the Hamas mission for too long and then just passively stood by while the trained, fired rockets over the fence and planned this attack.

They are as guilty as the average German citizen in 1939. They will face a similar fate and should hope the Israelis are more like the US/British than the Russians.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

I've known Tommy for a long time on here, pretty authentic whether you agree or disagree.
There were several I highlighted on Page 1 that immediately were concerned about a humanitarian crisis which is real and I believe that is what you are concerned about

Rather than ask if you have any compassion towards the Israelis who were murdered, I would prefer to praise you for thinking about others that nobody is going to say a lot about right now. I watched entire buildings razed today in Gaza, it's disturbing to watch but so was this past Saturday and the last 2-3 days thru social media and the like,

10 years ago I might have wanted to try and punch at you thru the screen, now I want to sit down and pour us a drink, see what we can find common ground on.
The problem TG, these folks don't think like you and I do, you value human life, I know you do. Some of these folks don't including Hamas which has endangered 2Million people right now

But I know you feel bad for the people trapped in Gaza right now, and Hamas is likely counting on it because again I don't understand how you wage war on a nuclear armed country with so much more at their disposal, laser guided missiles, war planes armed to the tooth, well trained ground assault ready to roll as we speak...there is no way they could think they would defeat the Israeli Army, they want Israel to make a big military display in the coming days, for some reason it benefits Hamas

Glad to see you TG
Good to see you as well MOP. Hope you and the Mrs are well.

Full disclosure, my wife is Jewish, and her family tree more closely resembles a weed due to the Holocaust. I’m biased toward Israel. Hamas is a terrorist organization and are responsible for their actions on Saturday.

But this is obviously bigger than Saturday, and eye-for-an-eye responses have gone on for far too long. At some point restraint has to be the way forward. Would I be able to walk that walk if it were my kids who had been brutally murdered? Probably not, but we need that kind of leadership.

And as James Baldwin said: “If I am starving, you are not safe.” Thats no excuse for Hamas, but it’s true. 🤷‍♂️

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

Full disclosure, my wife is Jewish, and her family tree more closely resembles a weed due to the Holocaust. I’m biased toward Israel. Hamas is a terrorist organization and are responsible for their actions on Saturday.

But this is obviously bigger than Saturday, and eye-for-an-eye responses have gone on for far too long. At some point restraint has to be the way forward. Would I be able to walk that walk if it were my kids who had been brutally murdered? Probably not, but we need that kind of leadership.

And as James Baldwin said: “If I am starving, you are not safe.” Thats no excuse for Hamas, but it’s true. 🤷‍♂️
Except the Palestinians weren't starving, not even close. It wasn't as comfortable as the majority of 1st world countries, but it's wasn’t as bad as Aden or Damascus either. They don't have one of the fastest population growth rates in the world if they were starving.

That's all changing now, and food and necessities are going to be scarce for their near future...so they may be able to play the "starving" card soon enough, but it was not the case prior to this week.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

What the what now?

I'd be shocked if the number even reaches 10,000. Not saying it won't happen, but the idea that Israel will kill 100,000+ Palestinians is nonsense. They could do that, but they won't.

I don't have any idea the weaponry the common Gaza citizen possesses either. Most have a hard time putting food on their table, so I don't know how many have weapons to even try and overthrow their own government even if they wanted to
What do people expect the Israelis to do?

Most of the people calling Gaza an open air prison and waving palestinian flags propose a one state solution, which is obviously just code for destroy Israel.

For anyone else like me who might be catching up on their Palestine/Israel history this week, I found this to be an informative piece, chock full of source links that helped educate me on several angles of this conflict. The author of the page I am linking publishes a newsletter. Usually it's U.S. political news, with the occasional world event now and then, and I like it bc it presents left vs right viewpoints (and sources), and then the author usually weighs in with his opinion at the end.

Didn't know until today's edition that he is (a) Jewish and (b) lived in Israel at one point, so he's pretty familiar with the events that have taken place there in the past. In general, I don't always agree with his opinions but he usually does a decent job explaining his point of view at least.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

Except the Palestinians weren't starving, not even close. It wasn't as comfortable as the majority of 1st world countries, but it's wasn’t as bad as Aden or Damascus either. They don't have one of the fastest population growth rates in the world if they were starving.

That's all changing now, and food and necessities are going to be scarce for their near future...so they may be able to play the "starving" card soon enough, but it was not the case prior to this week.
Gaza is an extremely poor, impoverished place with food shortages and lack of access to clean water. And it’s adjacent to one of the richest countries on earth.

I’m not making excuses for Hamas’ savagery. Just pointing out that those conditions are ripe for violence. When people have nothing to lose bad **** happens.

Gaza is an extremely poor, impoverished place with food shortages and lack of access to clean water. And it’s adjacent to one of the richest countries on earth.

I’m not making excuses for Hamas’ savagery. Just pointing out that those conditions are ripe for violence. When people have nothing to lose bad **** happens.
Next to a country whose citizens were stateless until not too long ago. A population who are 2% of the world population and ~50% of the Nobel Prize winners. There is a reason they're rich.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

My understanding is Israel pulled out of Gaza a few years ago (2015ish?) and left it to Hamas. But Hamas didn't invest in Gaza except for its terroristic growth. Admittedly very poor (but for thousands of years?) but Hamas had other objectives for investments. And the elephant in the room seems to be how much Iran is really pulling the strings. There are many Mideast countries that I would consider the general residents are rather poor overall, but I don't expect other countries to go on a massacre of innocent residents like Hamas just did in Israel. It does appear there are some "minor" conflicts with Hezbollah and Syria but my guess it will be muted or we end up with quite a conflict overall.

Next to a country whose citizens were stateless until not too long ago. A population who are 2% of the world population and ~50% of the Nobel Prize winners. There is a reason they're rich.
Ok?

At some point, the equation has to change, or the cycle of violence will continue.

Note she says "resistance" not "terrorism" and blames the "apartheid government."

Not really. There are two components to this problem. For whatever reason there are many who just want to look at one of those components. I support Israel, but my support is no longer unconditional as it was when I was younger. I am now speaking outside of the events of this last weekend specifically. They make day-to-day life pretty poor for Palestinians. We shouldn't ignore that. We also need to distinguish between the average, everyday Palestinian and the radical groups like Hamas. She seems to be speaking of the everyday people of Palestine. Or to put it another way, if she were a poster here and someone challenged her, she'd likely give a popular response given by many here. Something along the lines of "there are a ton of people here speaking ill of Hamas already. I have nothing to add to that part, so I am focused on the other part of this equation that is Israel". She's not entirely wrong, but i do think this is completely and totally the wrong time to be bringing this sort of nuance up. It's just asking for trouble.

Last edited:
MSNBC reporter is confirming that Hamas has beheaded some hostage children under the age of two.

JFC

ETA- We cannot expect the Israelis to behave rationally in such a situation. How would we react?
I haven't commented on this simply because I would probably break a few rules and I've made my position on this well known.

But I just read this a well. It appears from multiple credible sources at the moment. I hope it's not true. But if it is I cannot fault Isreal for any retaliatory measure. At this point, peace is the complete obliteration of the enemy. Nothing else warrants discussion.

I feel like Israel is looking to raze Gaza. As horrible as these terrorists are, I am not comfortable watching genocide unfold. If the US sits back and allows that to happen, we're no better than Hamas.
You are correct. IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Peter Lerner said they leveled the University at Gaza and stated once the thousands of buildings are leveled Israel will move in to occupy Gaza. He stated only with Israeli oversight of Gaza will Israel not be subjected to attacks by Hamas from within Gaza. He also put Lebanon on notice to watch what happens to Gaza and you do not want a repeat of this in the North.

Not really. There are two components to this problem. For whatever reason there are many who just want to look at one of those components. I support Israel, but my support is no longer unconditional as it was when I was younger. I am now speaking outside of the events of this last weekend specifically. They make day-to-day life pretty poor for Palestinians. We shouldn't ignore that. We also need to distinguish between the average, everyday Palestinian and the radical groups like Hamas. She seems to be speaking of the everyday people of Palestine. Or to put it another way, if she were a poster here and someone challenged her, she'd likely give a popular response given by many here. Something along the lines of "there are a ton of people here speaking ill of Hamas already. I have nothing to add to that part, so I am focused on the other part of this equation that is Israel". She's not entirely wrong, but i do think this is completely and totally the wrong time to be bringing this sort of nuance up. It's just asking for trouble.
I have a serious question the life for Palestinians and within Gaza only got bad once Hamas became the ruling party in 2007. Why did the people not remove from Hamas from power. This is well documented. Why have the Palestinians not united and said Hamas has made our life difficult with all restrictions imposed since Hamas took over lets oust them from power so we can have a normal life. That has not happened.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

I don't pretend to know much about quality of life in Gaza, but rapid population growth isn't necessarily a proxy for decent standard of living, or food security, for that matter. For reference, Syria and South Sudan have the highest population growth rates in the world.

Can folks with knowledge or understanding elaborate on how prior to this attack, Israel oppresses Palestine?

Reading words from pro Palestine people, it seems like Palestine is seen as more of a mistreated colony than a separate country. And Israel shouldn't be surprised when Palestine attacks them.

Can someone help summarize on how Israel oppresses Palestine?

This is a one sided war. Israel is fighting a war targeting Hamas strongholds trying to minimalize civilian casualties and fighting by the laws of war. Hamas is not attacking military locations they are attacking civilians specifically women and children what they are doing is terrorism and illegal by the states laws of war. Only one party is fighting a war.

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

Right. Egypt is a top 20 nation in terms of wealth and shares Palestinian culture, religion, ethnicity, etc. they could absorb them into their country with relative ease. As someone said before, if the Palestinians are in an open air prison, one of the walls is controlled by their own people.

ETA-Egypt not SA

Last edited:

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

Right. Saudi Arabia is a top 20 nation in terms of wealth and shares Palestinian culture, religion, ethnicity, etc. they could absorb them into their country with relative ease. As someone said before, if the Palestinians are in an open air prison, one of the walls is controlled by their own people.
Quick correction (sorry): Gaza actually borders Egypt, not Saudi Arabia.

But yeah your point is still correct of course. Egypt could absorb the inhabitants of Gaza much more easily than Israel can, especially now. It would not surprise me if that's what ends up happening when this is all over. (That's one of several possible outcomes -- not saying it's the most likely, just that it's one foreseeable possibility).

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

I watched some videos last night that I can`t unsee. I did not sleep last night. The horrors are unimaginable.

This is not war when innocent civilians are just living their day to day lives and are tortured, raped and slaughtered by a mob. Walking up and shooting family pets, then killing whole families, then going into their homes and eating and drinking food from their fridge like nothing happened while bodies are laying around them.

Of course Putin does not say one word to condemn the slaughter, only that it is all Americas fault.

I watched some videos last night that I can`t unsee. I did not sleep last night. The horrors are unimaginable.

This is not war when innocent civilians are just living their day to day lives and are tortured, raped and slaughtered by a mob. Walking up and shooting family pets, then killing whole families, then going into their homes and eating and drinking food from their fridge like nothing happened while bodies are laying around them.

Of course Putin does not say one word to condemn the slaughter, only that it is all Americas fault.
We'll learn more with the passage of time, but there is a decent chance that Putin expressly supported the Hamas attack. He probably did tacitly support it. Iran and Russia are allies. Russia would very much like to shift America's attention to another problem. This particular war will be much more internally divisive (within the US) than the Russia-Ukraine war, so that serves Russia's interests as well.

China is also part of this axis, and you should ask whether China's interests are being served by having the US split its attention between Ukraine and Israel.

None of this is to say that Russia engineered this attack or anything like that -- that's almost certainly not the case. I'm just saying that of course Putin didn't condemn Hamas's actions. He's privately happy about them.

We'll learn more with the passage of time, but there is a decent chance that Putin expressly supported the Hamas attack. He probably did tacitly support it. Iran and Russia are allies. Russia would very much like to shift America's attention to another problem. This particular war will be much more internally divisive (within the US) than the Russia-Ukraine war, so that serves Russia's interests as well.

China is also part of this axis, and you should ask whether China's interests are being served by having the US split its attention between Ukraine and Israel.

None of this is to say that Russia engineered this attack or anything like that -- that's almost certainly not the case. I'm just saying that of course Putin didn't condemn Hamas's actions. He's privately happy about them.
Of course he is, unless it happens on Russia soil. Then it is an atrocity. Putin is a soulless devil.

I would feel the exact same way if Israel did the same Suprise attack.

Can folks with knowledge or understanding elaborate on how prior to this attack, Israel oppresses Palestine?

Reading words from pro Palestine people, it seems like Palestine is seen as more of a mistreated colony than a separate country. And Israel shouldn't be surprised when Palestine attacks them.

Here is a cliff notes of a 280 page report that Amnesty International produced: https://www.amnesty.org/en/location...-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

I have a serious question the life for Palestinians and within Gaza only got bad once Hamas became the ruling party in 2007. Why did the people not remove from Hamas from power. This is well documented. Why have the Palestinians not united and said Hamas has made our life difficult with all restrictions imposed since Hamas took over lets oust them from power so we can have a normal life. That has not happened.
This sort of thinking borders on blaming the rape victim for the clothes she is wearing. When you are struggling to get enough food and clean water for your family, many times, that is your focus. Surviving rather than thriving

Terrible.

You reap what you sow.

Glad to see you TG

Right. Saudi Arabia is a top 20 nation in terms of wealth and shares Palestinian culture, religion, ethnicity, etc. they could absorb them into their country with relative ease. As someone said before, if the Palestinians are in an open air prison, one of the walls is controlled by their own people.
Quick correction (sorry): Gaza actually borders Egypt, not Saudi Arabia.

But yeah your point is still correct of course. Egypt could absorb the inhabitants of Gaza much more easily than Israel can, especially now. It would not surprise me if that's what ends up happening when this is all over. (That's one of several possible outcomes -- not saying it's the most likely, just that it's one foreseeable possibility).
right thanks. posting in the morning gets my geography all muddled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_demolition_of_Palestinian_property?wprov=sfla1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al...acks-settlers-to-confiscate-palestinian-lands

There's a video on Reddit of a Hasidic family confiscating a Palestinian home, and as they removed the Palestinians belongings, the Jewish father mockingly offers the gallon of milk from the fridge to the Palestinian standing outside his stolen home. This was a few months ago.

Those are not summaries, just things I am aware of.

I am not pro-Palestine, this implies pro-Hamas government. I have empathy for the Israelis and the Palestinian people who simply want to have a family and make a business and be safe.

The majority of people in both places may want to co-exist in peace, but their leaders have other ideas. Anyone think Netanyahu is in favor of peaceful two state plan isn't paying attention to the ministers he has brought in. They are hard line right wing, one of the things that means is they weren't interested in deals even before the latest atrocities.

They, the Israeli government, have US support, wealth, weapons, and sympathetic media coverage----even before Hamas pulled this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread