What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Super-Flex PPR:
I have Justin Jefferson, Philadelphia Defense and kicker Jason Meyers locked starting.

Need 1QB, 2RB, 1WR & 2Flex

Normally in a SF you go automatically go with two QBs however...:

Andy Dalton @ Pitt
Jared Goff @ Chi

D'Andre Swift @ CHI
Jamaal Williams @ CHI
Khalil Herbert v DET

ARSB @ CHI
Courtland Sutton @ TEN
Darnell Mooney v DET

I'm honestly considering a full Risky Business strategy, living by the mantra "Sometimes, you gotta say 'What the ####!" and rolling out all five from the Bears v Lions matchup.

Who knows? I might get accepted to Yale.

Super-Flex PPR:
I have Justin Jefferson, Philadelphia Defense and kicker Jason Meyers locked starting.

Andy Dalton @ Pitt
Jared Goff @ Chi

D'Andre Swift @ CHI
Jamaal Williams @ CHI
Khalil Herbert v DET

ARSB @ CHI
Courtland Sutton @ TEN
Darnell Mooney v DET

I'm honestly considering a full Risky Business strategy, living by the mantra "Sometimes, you gotta say 'What the ####!" and rolling out all five from the Bears v Lions matchup.

That is a tough call and I don't know if I could do it. I would probably bench Herbert and keep Dalton in there.

I have to pick between one of these two scrubs I picked up off the WW earlier this year. 6 point passing TD.

Justin Fields home vs Lions
Tua Tagpvailoa home vs Browns
Scrubs? :) I am a Bears homer but i would play Tua but it is close because the Browns are not great against the pass. Detroit is just a terrible D unless they are playing the inept Packers.

I have to pick between one of these two scrubs I picked up off the WW earlier this year. 6 point passing TD.

Love Tagovaiola but Fields has been heating up for weeks and went volcanic last week. Including his low point in week 3 he has scored 3, 5, 11, 13, 18, 21 & 34 points in magic football (my league obviously). I don't expect that line to keep going up but, considering he has the Lions at home I expect good things.

I like him over Tua mostly because of his ability to have big games with his legs or his arm.

There is a lot to love about Tua and no reason not to start him this week but I just prefer Fields ceiling:floor ratio.

Fields>Tua

Last edited:
C. Sutton
or
T. Marshall Jr.

PPR + bonus points for long TDs (40, 50)
I have very little opinion on Terrace Marshall. Honestly not sure why people are so excited about him. He's a big play threat on a team with really bad QBs. Any stats he gets feel like mostly luck.

Unfortunately I don't have much great to say about Courtland Sutton either. The only hope I have is maybe the team figured some things out during the bye and they play a little better. Considering the Titans defense is worlds better v the run (#2) than the pass (#30) I think we should expect Denver to pass more and be a little more effective.

I can see why people might want to roll with the younger, lesser known guy rather than the disappointing vet but if I'm rolling the dice on my team:

Sutton>Marshall
Whew! Marshall was benched at the last minute. ;)

Scrubs? :) I am a Bears homer but i would play Tua but it is close because the Browns are not great against the pass. Detroit is just a terrible D unless they are playing the inept Packers.
Well, if they were on the WW they must have been scrubs, right? :ponder:

C. Sutton
or
T. Marshall Jr.

PPR + bonus points for long TDs (40, 50)
I have very little opinion on Terrace Marshall. Honestly not sure why people are so excited about him. He's a big play threat on a team with really bad QBs. Any stats he gets feel like mostly luck.

Unfortunately I don't have much great to say about Courtland Sutton either. The only hope I have is maybe the team figured some things out during the bye and they play a little better. Considering the Titans defense is worlds better v the run (#2) than the pass (#30) I think we should expect Denver to pass more and be a little more effective.

I can see why people might want to roll with the younger, lesser known guy rather than the disappointing vet but if I'm rolling the dice on my team:

Sutton>Marshall
Whew! Marshall was benched at the last minute. ;)
The eggs haven't hatched yet.

In many PPR leagues Marshall put up five points, in mine it was three, So there still is the possibility for Sutton to do worse.

noice

I'd probably roll with Fields since Detroit has trouble with mobile QBs, hard to bench him after that historic performance last week.

Tua is a great option (both have an ECR of Top 4 this week) but Cleveland has more capable defense.

Super-Flex PPR:

Andy Dalton @ Pitt
Jared Goff @ Chi

D'Andre Swift @ CHI
Jamaal Williams @ CHI
Khalil Herbert v DET

ARSB @ CHI
Courtland Sutton @ TEN
Darnell Mooney v DET

QB - Goff doesn't have many weapons left. T.J. Watt will be back this week. I'd roll with Jared and his midget little people WR corps and those sneaky 3rd/4th string TEs who just score touchdowns.

RB - Khalil might get some chunk plays, but Jamaal is a solid start bc of his goal line usage. Hard to trust Swift but I'd probably rank them Williams>Softee>Herbert

WR - ARSB keeps getting very high ECR every week but his production doesn't match it. Still, on market share alone I think you have to start him. Mooney>Sutton if you decide against it.

I'm 90% sure of who I'm going with here but seek other opinions.
FFPC scoring, Need TWO of the following:

A.Jones(inj?) vs Dall
J.Conner @ LAR
D.Smith vs Wash
B.Cooks @ NYG
M.Hollins vs Ind(Renfro and Waller on IR)
M.Gesicki vs Cleve
  1. A Jones 33 vs DAL
  2. D Smith 47 vd LAR
  3. J Conner 60 at LAR
  4. B Cooks 63 at NYG
  5. M Hollins 86 vs IND
  6. M Gesicki 107 vs CLE
ECR says alias Smith and Jones, but I like Conner this week.

Pretty sure the first is just “flip a coin”
TE ppr, G Everett (vs SF) or G Dulcich (vs TEN)?
Then for flex - either of those two, N Hines, I McKenzie (both vs MIN), golladay (if healthy, vs Hou), or R Woods (if Tannehill plays, vs Denver)?
They all feel like dart throws except rolling with two TE which feels like a low ceiling. I’ma slight underdog.

Then for flex - either of those two, N Hines, I McKenzie (both vs MIN), golladay (if healthy, vs Hou), or R Woods (if Tannehill plays, vs Denver)?
They all feel like dart throws except rolling with two TE which feels like a low ceiling. I’ma slight underdog.

I'd go with Dulcich

really like the way they are deploying him - lots of snaps in the slot, good ADOT, dude might actually be their best option rn (admittedly, they're so dysfunctional that's not saying much)

I think Dulcich makes sense as he seems to be a legitimate part of the Broncos offense, they may be a little better coming off the bye and Tennessee has a very bad pass defense.

Even though Everett has a very tough matchup, I think the Niners are going to be scoring a lot of points going forward and Keenan Allen is trending out again. That leaves Everett as the #1/1A target along with Palmer again. So opportunity should be there.

I have no real opinion about Hines v McKenzie v Golladay v Woods. They are dart throws and could all end up with 8 targets or 0 targets. Two TEs may be "low floor" but all these other guys have lower floors and, with the slight possible exception of Woods, don't have high ceilings either.

Dulcich>Everett*>>the rest

ETA @-OZ- :
*Everett>Dulcich if Allen is out

Last edited:

A.Jones(inj?) vs Dall
J.Conner @ LAR
D.Smith vs Wash
B.Cooks @ NYG
M.Gesicki vs Cleve
  1. A Jones 33 vs DAL
  2. D Smith 47 vd LAR
  3. J Conner 60 at LAR
  4. B Cooks 63 at NYG
  5. M Hollins 86 vs IND
  6. M Gesicki 107 vs CLE
ECR says alias Smith and Jones, but I like Conner this week.
ECR?

FFPC scoring,need a qb:

D.Jones vs Hou
J.Goff @ Chi
Both have great matchups. I know Goff has 4 TD upside, and Chicago can suddenly score in bunches but, it's hard to have faith in an offense that gets shut down for multiple quarters or a regular basis.

Jones has a safe floor because he can run very well, it's also a plus matchup.

Jones>Goff

FFPC scoring

Brady or Geno?

Have this choice in two leagues. Tempted to split them so I can root for both Sunday

Chaka, thanks for putting the time into this each week. My question is pretty straight foward for flex spot .5 PPR - Jeudy or Pollard?

.5 PPR

Same crap WR’s to choose from:

Diontae Johnson Vs Saints
Michael Pittman at Raiders
Chris Godwin Vs Seahawks
DJ Moore Vs Falcons
Tyler Lockett Vs Bucs

Need top 3, and I honestly can’t make a case for any of them. Maybe Johnson, Godwin and Pittman? Have no idea..

Could also go with AJ Dillon, and then only 2 of these guys.

Thanks!
#### AJ Dillon!

The reality is these guys are all very similar.

I think you have to go with Godwin he just gets too much volume too consistently. 12, 13, 11 & 10 targets over his last four games. 10 or more targets in 5 of 7 games. Munich or Mars doesn't matter, that's too much volume and in your group volume is king.

I'm less keen on Diontae because the QB situation is not good but he's still getting solid volume with Pickett under center with 13, 7, 10 & 9 targets in Pickett's four starts. It's not a brutal matchup Pittsburgh never gives up, ever. It's a neutral matchup, they're at home and maybe the Steelers figured some things out over the bye week.

The third option is tougher, a lot tougher. I never underestimate the Raiders ability to play down to the level of their opponent and then start digging. I'm a Raider fan, I see it every week. However I have zero faith in Sam Ehlinger or the new coaching staff in Indy, what a weird series of events. That place is a #### show at the moment. The Risk:Reward ratio is too small for me. Pittman is out.

Between DJ and Lockett they are both interesting, high risk options. PJ did seem to lock in on Moore two weeks ago, but last week he only targeted him twice (0 receptions). Mayfield did look his way four times in the second half (2-24). Bottom line is Moore has never had fewer than 6 targets this season and is averaging just under 9 targets over his las six with three games of double digit targets.

Lockett hasn't had double digit targets since week 3 but he is averaging more catches (30-28) for more yards (387-361) and has two more TDs over the last six games. He's catching 75% of his passes compared to 52.8% for Moore over the last six games. I don't know if you saw Seattle v the Giants but Lockett was just a hairs breadth from having a three TD monster game, instead of a one TD nice game.

So the question really is Munich v Thursday night Football? It's really a coin toss but I thing Geno Smith is a much better QB than PJ Walker & Baker Mayfield.

Godwin>Diontae>Lockett>Moore>Pittman

Thank you very much for this well thought out analysis. You should be on staff with this stuff..VERY helpful.
Chaka indeed does some of the Lord’s work around here. But like having him being a man of the people rather than part of management.

FFPC scoring

Brady or Geno?

Have this choice in two leagues. Tempted to split them so I can root for both Sunday
Tom Brady has thrown 0-1 TDs in 8 of 9 games. Geno has thrown 2 or more TDs in 7 of 9 games.

We are at the point of the season where waiting for Tom Brady to have his big game has hurt us far more than helped us. Same for waiting for the wheels to fall off Geno.

Eventually both should happen, maybe, possibly...I think, but I can no longer bank on it

Geno>Brady

.5PPR

D. Montgomery vs DET

J. Wilson vs CLE

Both good matchups. I have Fields and Kmet in also, so maybe I should go with Wilson to hedge against a crappy game by CHI?

What do you all think?

Chaka, thanks for putting the time into this each week. My question is pretty straight foward for flex spot .5 PPR - Jeudy or Pollard?
Jeudy was coming on a bit before the bye. Hopefully that portends good things RoS. Denver also looks to have a great matchup at Tennessee, which got better when Jeffery Simmons was ruled out yesterday. That dude is a beast in the middle of that d-line. All this is to say yeah, Jeudy looks like a good potential start this week.

Pollard has looked exactly like everyone thought he would if given a chance to be a lead back. The problem is the Cowboys don't seem to want to use him in that role if Zeke is available. Zeke was limited all week and carries a Q designation. My guess is he'll be in the lineup, my guess is also that your guess is Zeke will play otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question in here. So I don't need to mention if Zeke is a late scratch, Pollard is an auto-start.

I think my concerns about Denver's ability to right the ship (what's going on with this illness going through the team?) outweighs my concern that Zeke will cap Pollard's usage. Even in his monster game before the bye Pollard scored 3 TDs on only 15 touches. He's had 13 or more touches 4 times with Zeke in the lineup.

Pollard>Jeudy

FFPC scoring

Brady or Geno?

Tom Brady has thrown 0-1 TDs in 8 of 9 games. Geno has thrown 2 or more TDs in 7 of 9 games.

We are at the point of the season where waiting for Tom Brady to have his big game has hurt us far more than helped us. Same for waiting for the wheels to fall off Geno.

Eventually both should happen, maybe, possibly...I think, but I can no longer bank on it

Geno>Brady
Appreciate it.

Since the Bucs can't run the ball, Brady has had no less than 40 pass attempts in the last 7 games, with 3 games of at least 50 (and another with 49). Granted, a lot of short throws, basically replacing the inept running game, but still. Just hard for me to sit a guy who is almost guaranteed to throw 50 passes.

Fortunately, neither is a team killer, but just kind of boring. Can't trade myself out of it since both are FBG leagues, which kind of sucks.

Thanks again,

.5PPR

D. Montgomery vs DET

J. Wilson vs CLE

Both good matchups. I have Fields and Kmet in also, so maybe I should go with Wilson to hedge against a crappy game by CHI?

What do you all think?
Tough one, but I like Wilson a bit better this week. I think both teams hit or come close to the 30 point mark this week, but think Fields is more likely to take the short TD runs with the way he is playing right now.

.5PPR

D. Montgomery vs DET

J. Wilson vs CLE

What do you all think?
As someone who may be starting 4 Lions and 2 Bears this week, I hear you.

The concern I have with Wilson is what is his usage cap? It definitely looks like his opportunities will be very high quality in that offense but is he going to regularly see 12 touches or is this going to be a back-and-forth thing with him & Mostert? The good news is he was in on 28 snaps in his first game, Mostert was in on 27. So maybe the Dolphins brought Wilson in to be the lead back?

Montgomery is 100% the lead back in Chicago, much to the chagrin of us Herbert managers. He plays on 70% of the Bears snaps (his season average says 56% but he missed most of two games) and gets 17 touches per game like clockwork. The problem is he doesn't do much with those opportunities. What's worse is even with the Bears playing a lot better they don't seem to be a team that will necessarily grind the ball into the end zone from inside the five.

Yeah, I am very torn on this one.

The Lions give up 5 PPG and 25 more rush yards than the Browns. But the Browns still give up 25 PPG (25th) and 123 yards rushing (22nd).

This is entirely speculation but I think Wilson has a higher TD probability than Montgomery. So based on that alone:

Wilson>Montgomery

But I could easily flip-flop on that call before kickoff.

FFPC scoring

Brady or Geno?

Geno>Brady
Appreciate it.

Since the Bucs can't run the ball, Brady has had no less than 40 pass attempts in the last 7 games, with 3 games of at least 50 (and another with 49). Granted, a lot of short throws, basically replacing the inept running game, but still. Just hard for me to sit a guy who is almost guaranteed to throw 50 passes.

Fortunately, neither is a team killer, but just kind of boring. Can't trade myself out of it since both are FBG leagues, which kind of sucks.

Thanks again,
Your logic is 100% sound. Geno lives on efficiency and Brady on volume.

If you feel Brady, you should absolutely start him. Seriously, WTF do I know? Nothing more than you, I guarantee that.

I will expand on my thinking a bit:

We all believe those trends will break down at some point. But just because we believe it doesn't mean it will happen.

I'm simply tired of waiting on Brady to be Brady again. I think his focus is nowhere near as locked in as it had been in years past (how could it be with all the off-field stuff?) and I question whether he knows how to respond to losing on a regular basis. Calling out his team for lack of effort may play a little differently in the locker room when the team is losing and BB isn't around to steady the ship.

But, yes it is difficult to bench him for the guy who got his jaw broken by his own teammate.

And Brady could easily, finally, outperform Geno this week. Something that has happened twice in nine games this season (by my league scoring).

Last edited:
D question:

* TN D vs DEN -- Originally thought this was a great matchup (and experts are universally ranking top 6 this wee), but there are a lot of injuries on the D side of the ball. Simmons, Dupree, Hooker. D had been on fire with sacks and ints the last few weeks too.

* KC vs JAX -- Not a great D, but if KC gets up they could force turnovers. That said, JAX is statistically pretty decent when it comes to points against on D.

* LAR D vs AZ -- Two struggling offenses meet and K. Murray is questionable with a hammy. Even if active he could be limited running the ball which can't be good for that offense. McVay has Kingsberry's number too. Could see this being a slugfest.

* LV vs Indy -- The classic bad defense vs. bad offense option. LV is not a good D, but Ehlinger is awful. Chance M. Ryan enters game as Indy declared him as backup.

Which?

Thanks

Last edited:
Standard scoring league...
If Allen does not go...do I trust Gabe Davis against Minnesota...or roll with:
Josh Palmer @ SF
or
George Pickens vs NO

Unfortunately already started DJ Moore hoping he would at least get half his production from the first Atl game...

1/2 pt PPR. Need 3 of the 5, but the three could be 1 RB and 2 WR or 3 WR.

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV
* Jamaal Williams @ CHI (Concerns about how much Swift will touch the ball)
* Joshua Palmer @ SF (opponent starting Herbert)
* Peoples-Jones @ MIA (shootout?)

Leaning towards Taylor, Pittman, Palmer. Thanks for your thoughts!

D question:

* TN D vs DEN -- Originally thought this was a great matchup (and experts are universally ranking top 6 this wee), but there are a lot of injuries on the D side of the ball. Simmons, Dupree, Hooker. D had been on fire with sacks and ints the last few weeks too.

* KC vs JAX -- Not a great D, but if KC gets up they could force turnovers. That said, JAX is statistically pretty decent when it comes to points against on D.

* LAR D vs AZ -- Two struggling offenses meet and K. Murray is questionable with a hammy. Even if active he could be limited running the ball which can't be good for that offense. McVay has Kingsberry's number too. Could see this being a slugfest.

* LV vs Indy -- The classic bad defense vs. bad offense option. LV is not a good D, but Ehlinger is awful. Chance M. Ryan enters game as Indy declared him as backup.

Which?

Thanks
Defenses...ugh.

Generally when making these decisions (similar defenses no real distinguishing factors) I simply look at which defense has the most sacks + turnovers. That would be Tennessee in this situation 23. + 12 (35) However, without Simmons, Dupree and Hooker I think that dynamic changes and KC becomes the best choice 22 + 8 (30). The Rams are at 16 + 8 (24) and the Raiders are 9 + 5 (14).

Then I look at which offense gives up the most sacks + turnovers and see if that helps. In this case the Jags 12 + 13 (25), Broncos 24 + 9 (33), Cardinals 25 + 9 (34), Colts 35 + 17 (52).

Then I write the names of all the defenses on separate sheets of paper, lay them on the floor and use the Chumbawamba Method. Drink a shot of whiskey, a shot of vodka, a 16 oz lager and a 16 oz hard cider. When you puke see which paper most of it ends up on and choose that defense.

Honestly I can make an argument for any of these teams so it's a total gut call. If the Titans were healthy it would be an easy decision, IMO, but they're hurt bad with those losses. Can you count on next man up working? IDK.

I want to say go up against the Colts but, man the Raiders defense has been terrible at making big plays. Do they rally this week?

The Rams probably make the most sense but what if Stafford sits? Will the defense be on the field all day because of an inept Rams offense? If the Stafford sits, is the Arizona defense available to you (16 + 12 = 28 and the Rams are at 28 + 13 = 41)? That may be the best option.

I probably flip-flop a dozen times trying to figure this out.

ATM I think:
LVR>LAR>KC>TEN

Ask me again in 10 minutes, and we'll see how that changes.

Josh Palmer @ SF
or
George Pickens vs NO

Unfortunately already started DJ Moore hoping he would at least get half his production from the first Atl game...
I'm not sure I start Davis even if Allen does play. Clearly the arm is an issue and Gabe Davis already has the largest ceiling:floor ratio in the league. If you need a home run then maybe risk it but he is just as likely to go 2-30-0 as he is to put up a TD.

I like both Palmer and Pickens this week.

Palmer has the tougher matchup but we should be confident in 9+ targets with both Allen and Williams out. If it was PPR league this would be an easier decision but if Palmer gets 9+ targets he should net you 80+ yards even if he doesn't find the endzone.

I wish we got a week to see Pickens in action without Claypool but we don't have that luxury. Still, clearly Pickens has an opportunity here and I think we all believe he can be special (at least the hype is there). Both he and Palmer catch about 68% of their passes (Pickens is 67.7% with Pickett at QB) but Pickens has an ADOT of 13.8 compared to 6.7 for Palmer. Both SF & NO give up about 199 pass yards/game but NO gives up 7 more ppg and only has 2 INTs on the season and 22 sacks compared to 6 & 26 for the Niners. Also Pickens is at home while Palmer is on the road.

I think I roll:
Pickens>Palmer

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV

Palmer should see 9+ targets with both Allen & Williams out. He seems like a safe floor, decent ceiling guy.

You have to start Jonathan Taylor against the Raiders. Technically they are decent against the run but this is a bad defense overall and the Raiders have long history, including this season, of playing down to the quality of their opponent and then they start digging. Taylor may suck but he still is JT and has as high a ceiling as anyone in the league.

I would want to say the same about Pittman but Ehlinger has been a terrible passer so far and I am not confident he can reliably hit Pittman even if he does pepper him with 9+ targets.

I do not worry about Swift vulturing too many touches from Williams. Sure he may get 15 or so, if he can survive that but Williams is the goal line hammer and will still see at least 15 touches too. Against a bad Bears rush and scoring defense I have no problem rolling with Williams.

I like Peoples- Jones and he has been on a solid run with at least 4-50 in each of his last four games averaging around 6 targets and 60 yards per game. He also seems like the kind of guy who can house a long TD, even if he hasn't scored a TD yet this season. It also seems like the kind of game where Cleveland may have to be aggressive to keep up with the Miami offense, but I truly hate trying to predict game scripts. If Nick Chubb has a monster, something he is very capable of against an average Dolphin rush defense, then maybe Brissett doesn't need to throw 40 times. IDK. He is a difficult guy for me to slot, I worry that I underestimate him but I also think you have better options.

As always, go with your gut:

Taylor>Palmer>Williams>DPJ>Pittman

PPR need one:

Mooney v DET
Herbert v DET
Sutton @ TEN

Still struggling with this

ATM:
Mooney>Sutton>Herbert

PPR, 1/10 rush, 1/20 receive

Need two of these three:

Pollard @GB
Wilson Jr vs CLE
Joshua Palmer @SF

Leaning towards Pollard and Wilson but somewhat concerned about usage. Palmer could get a lot of catches playing from behind. Thanks.

Need two of these three:

Pollard @GB
Wilson Jr vs CLE
Joshua Palmer @SF

Leaning towards Pollard and Wilson but somewhat concerned about usage. Palmer could get a lot of catches playing from behind. Thanks.
Palmer doesn't need to be trailing to see a good number of targets. Both Allen & Williams are out for the Chargers so Palmer is the de facto #1 WR for the Chargers. He should see 9+ targets no matter what.

I like Wilson a lot but we only have one game to go on so I worry if his usage will be consistently around 12 touches or if it will change with game plans and game scripts.

Zeke may play but it really feels like he'll be limited. Besides Pollard put up 3 TDs on 15 touches last game and gets around 13 opportunities even when Zeke is healthy.

Pollard>Palmer>Wilson

PPR need one:

Mooney v DET
Herbert v DET
Sutton @ TEN

ATM:
Mooney>Sutton>Herbert
I think you have it in the right order. I do think Sutton gets back on track and my gut thinks he might be the start here. But logic says go with the guy who has trended upward which is Mooney. Mooney final answer.

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV

Taylor, Williams, and Palmer

I'll start:

Super-Flex PPR:

Andy Dalton @ Pitt
Jared Goff @ Chi

D'Andre Swift @ CHI
Jamaal Williams @ CHI
Khalil Herbert v DET
Deon Jackson @ LVR

ARSB @ CHI
Courtland Sutton @ TEN

I honestly I have earthly idea what I am going to do ATM
I think Bears/Lions is a high scoring affair, between 2 teams that don't play much defense. I'd start everyone you have in that game, and that just leaves Dalton v. Sutton, and I think even though its kind of gross, the logical play is the QB.

O.K. here's an early one. FFPC scoring.

ONE TE needed:
T.Higbee vs AZ
C.Otton vs Sea(Munich)
N.Fant @ TB(Munich)
Even with Brate back, I think Otton is probably the call here. Higbee has been spending most of the last few games as just a blocker, and Fant is in a similar situation as Otton, but on a more run heavy team.

Half PPR

Need one of the following for the Flex spot:
James Conner @ Rams
Christian Kirk @ KC
Mostert vs CLE
Claypool v DET

Currently have Amari Cooper and Amon in at WR and Chubb/Dameon Pierce in at RB.
I'd go with Kirk in a game where the Jags will likely be point chasing.

TD-heavy league….

I need two of:
Najee H coming off bye (vs NOS)
J Conner (@ LAR)
K Herbert, my top scoring RB (vs DET)
I feel slightly gross saying it, but I think I'd go back to the Najee well. Love Herbert's talent, but he's kinda become the #3 option in the Bears run game of late, Conner has an awful matchup, but I think he's a safer play than Herbert.

Shady week at WR with the Bengals on bye. I have to choose two of:
A. Lazard (vs Dallas)
D. Smith (vs Washington)
T. Pollard (@GB)

in full PPR for 1 WR and 1 Flex spot. Currently running out Lazard and Pollard and anxiously awaiting news out of Dallas. Let's assume Zeke is playing, FWIW.
I'd go Pollard regardless of Zeke's status. I think Lazard>Smith this week. Decent chance GB is point chasing, and while Smith had his best game of the season against Washington earlier this year, he's been pretty unreliable of late.

Waivers have cleared and now I have a TE conundrum... Start one, keep one, drop one (or two).

Half PPR:

D Waller v IND
Dulcich @ TEN
Otton v SEA in Germany
Dulcich easily. Don't imagine Dulcich leaves you lineup anytime soon. Could be a top-8 TE ROS.

FFPC scoring,here's everyone on my bench,I need TWO of them:

M.Gordon @ Tenn
D.Hilliard vs Den
E.Benjamin @ LAR
H.Renfro vs Ind
M.Jones @ KC
J.Johnson @ Pitt
Juwan Johnson is honestly my favorite of the bunch which is somewhat disturbing. I'd probably go with the likely 10+ touches Gordon should get and hope it results in a TD.

Just made a big trade for Chase-- so I need an RB2 and a flex play for this week

Rb2 options:
Pollard @GB
Herbert @Detroit
Wilson vs Cleveland

Flex Options:
The two leftover Rbs OR Peoples Jones @ Miami

.5 ppr
bonus @ 100/200 yards

I'd roll with Pollard and Herbert here. 2 explosive players facing bad defenses. I'm a little less confident in Wilson, as Miami is more likely to be beating the Browns via the passing game.

half PPR need to choose 2 for FLEX

I'll put them in order that I have them now:

Jeudy - Pickens - Hunt - Warren - R White.

The 3 RB's that are just on the cusp of possibly better days ahead of them. White being in the last position because of the Seahawks match-up. Saints are pretty good vs run so Warren is a dice roll, Hunt has his role defined and Miami could be a shoot out. Jeudy and Pickens just as a safe floor of 6-10 targets.
I'd go with Jeudy and Hunt. I'd prefer to avoid Pickens until we see if Claypool leaving means anything for him.

Cousins at BUF
or
Carr vs IND
I can't imagine a matchup where I'd start Carr over Cousins right now. Raiders offense could fall off a cliff at any moment, even against Indy. Feel like Cousins has a higher floor and ceiling, especially with Hockenson on board.

Full PPR
With both Rondale Moore and Kyler Murry questionable at the moment I need a back up at flex. I had been going to go with Rondale. My options if he is out:
Gerald Everett @ SF
Michael Gallup @ GB

I also have a less pressing question on defense. Pretty set on using KC against Jax. The option is Denver v. Tenn.
Yahoo and ESPN project Denver with higher points. Fantasy Football Pros projects KC with higher point but recommends Denver. :lol:
My gut says KC going against Trevor Lawrence over either Tannehill or Willis v. Denver with a run heavy script.
What says the Chaka-verse?
Like Everett over Moore, I don't really see Gallup as an option until he does something. Chargers will likely be in comeback mode Sunday Night.

I like Denver's D over KC. Just really easy to see the Jags having a bunch of garbage time production against a soft defense.

if josh Allen sits and it sure looks that way, Do I roll with Brady or pick up Russell Wilson (I'd drop Brady in that scenario)?
I would wait as long as possible on Allen. There is usually a Schefter report late Saturday Night. That said, if he's ruled out, or its really pointing that way, I'd go Brady. Don't forget Brady plays really early Sunday.

A.Jones(inj?) vs Dall
J.Conner @ LAR
D.Smith vs Wash
B.Cooks @ NYG
M.Gesicki vs Cleve
I'd go with Jones and Conner. Not super worried about Jones, but if he is a surprise last second scratch, you can always pivot to Smith since he plays Monday Night.

I'd go Fields over Tua. One thing of interest, QBs typically get much more space to run against teams who use man coverage. Nobody uses more than Miami, and NE is in the top-5, both teams struggled heavily with Fields rushing. The Lions are also in the top-5 and gave up 40 yards rushing to 2022 Aaron Rodgers. I think 80-1 is the over/under for Fields on the ground this week.

Everett/Dulcich is very much flip a coin. I lean Everett simply because I think his team may need to throw more, but its a very 51-49 type of deal. I'd start both TEs though considering the other options. I'm not seeing a lower ceiling with the TEs, as none of those other guys are locks to see more than 5 touches.

FFPC scoring,need a qb:

D.Jones vs Hou
J.Goff @ Chi
Very close call here, but I'll lean toward Jones. It's another 51-49 type of deal, but I think Jones rushing gives him a bit more upside.

FFPC scoring

Brady or Geno?

I'd go Geno. He's been the better option basically all season, and as much as Bucs fans might not want to hear it, Geno has better WRs too.

.5PPR

D. Montgomery vs DET

J. Wilson vs CLE

What do you all think?
I'd be very shocked if the Bears had a crappy game against the Lions. I'd go Monty, and hope he pops some big runs.

D question:

Which?

Thanks
I'd go with the Titans even with the injuries.

Side note: That Raiders defense seems like a really bad idea, kinda think Taylor could rip them up this week.

Josh Palmer @ SF
or
George Pickens vs NO

Honestly, regardless of Josh Allen's status, I'd go Josh Palmer. He's basically getting the Keenan Allen share of the passing game, and has been very solid of late. Chargers are probably chasing points this week too.

* Jonathan Taylor @ LV
* Michael Pittman @ LV

Thinking the same thing. Taylor, Palmer and Pittman. Not super excited about Pittman with Ehlinger, but the matchup couldn't be better, and he and Taylor are typically the offense. Could also see a 1 week bump with Saturday as HC.

PPR need one:

Mooney v DET
Herbert v DET
Sutton @ TEN

ATM:
Mooney>Sutton>Herbert
I like Mooney this week. He tore up the Lions last year and has been heating up of late.

Need two of these three:

Pollard @GB
Wilson Jr vs CLE
Joshua Palmer @SF

I'd go Pollard and Palmer. If it wasn't PPR I could see the case for Wilson over Palmer, but Palmer has been a PPR machine of late, with 17 catches in his last 2 games.

Bye week lottery:

Brissett @ Mia
Goff @ Chi
Dalton @ Pitt
Pickett vs NO

I've got Brissett in the lineup right now but don't have any other positions with a bye, injury, or WDIS concern so it is time for some unnecessary last minute over thinking.

Any thoughts?

D question:

Which?

Thanks
Defenses...ugh.

Generally when making these decisions (similar defenses no real distinguishing factors) I simply look at which defense has the most sacks + turnovers. That would be Tennessee in this situation 23. + 12 (35) However, without Simmons, Dupree and Hooker I think that dynamic changes and KC becomes the best choice 22 + 8 (30). The Rams are at 16 + 8 (24) and the Raiders are 9 + 5 (14).

Then I look at which offense gives up the most sacks + turnovers and see if that helps. In this case the Jags 12 + 13 (25), Broncos 24 + 9 (33), Cardinals 25 + 9 (34), Colts 35 + 17 (52).

Then I write the names of all the defenses on separate sheets of paper, lay them on the floor and use the Chumbawamba Method. Drink a shot of whiskey, a shot of vodka, a 16 oz lager and a 16 oz hard cider. When you puke see which paper most of it ends up on and choose that defense.

Honestly I can make an argument for any of these teams so it's a total gut call. If the Titans were healthy it would be an easy decision, IMO, but they're hurt bad with those losses. Can you count on next man up working? IDK.

I want to say go up against the Colts but, man the Raiders defense has been terrible at making big plays. Do they rally this week?

The Rams probably make the most sense but what if Stafford sits? Will the defense be on the field all day because of an inept Rams offense? If the Stafford sits, is the Arizona defense available to you (16 + 12 = 28 and the Rams are at 28 + 13 = 41)? That may be the best option.

I probably flip-flop a dozen times trying to figure this out.

ATM I think:
LVR>LAR>KC>TEN

Ask me again in 10 minutes, and we'll see how that changes.

I just can't do LV. Feel like that will blow up in my face. With Taylor back and maybe new coach energy...who knows?

Grabbed LAR. If Shefty indicates Murray is out probably going that way. If not...ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread