What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 14 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

need to start 2 from Julio Jones (do i dare trust him), Guyton with Allen out and Bradberry probably on Williams and Gallup. I'm leaning towards sitting Gallup. 
Tough call here. All of them are unknown on some level.

I may bench Guyton as we know the least about him. Chargers should roll and Ekeler, Cooks & Parham (maybe Palmer) could all see bumps limiting each of them.

But, really it's a gut call.

Ppr Mooney versus Van Jefferson? Mooney has Fields in at QB playing against GB. I worry about Beckham doing more each week as he gets into the offense, plus the Cardinal Defense. 
Jefferson is actually seeing a little more action since OBJ signed. He gets 6-8 targets/week like clockwork.

Better offense, better QB, fewer defenders keying on him.

Van Jefferson>Mooney

I picked up Hill and seriously considered starting him over Rodgers this week but I ended up having to drop him because I needed the roster spot and Rodgers owns the Bears. I love Hill this week and think he has an amazing matchup. He will probably have close to 100 yards rushing and possibly a TD or 2 on the ground. I don't know if he can throw accurately but even if he has 1 TD and 200 yards you are looking at about 20 points as his floor (assuming no injury). This is just my take on the matter so I think he could easily be a top 5 QB this week. I wouldn't worry about Kamara much and think he could get a lot of screen passes thrown his way and possibly score on one. 

Jackson is struggling but he is really tough to bench but since you are off to a great start I would strongly consider this even though it probably goes against most "experts" advice.
Both of these guys can't throw the ball well if you have watched games recently.  With that, it comes down to rushing stats for me. Kamara is back which will eat into Hill's numbers a bit. Hill is going to do well, but I think he may be hyped up a bit too much this week and people may be chasing points.  But hey, what do I know. I'm just trying to convince myself into sticking with Jackson. 

Julio vs DJ Moore in 0.5 ppr? Yeah I know the safe play is Moore but I have a sneaky feeling about Julio. They both have great matchups.

Sony vs Monty in 0.5 ppr? Last week I chose Monty but the matchup vs GB seems tougher.
If you have the feeling then roll with Julio. You know the arguments against. I personally go DJ>Julio but it totally get it.

Both RBs have tough matchups. Monty is coming off a crazy 30 opportunities and considering how few options are in that offense, he should be in line for another 20+. I can't say the same about Michel against Arizona.

Montgomery>Michel

PPR 

Mooney @ GB
Beckham @ Ari
Hunt vs Baltimore

Need 1 WR and 1 Flex Going back and forth on this one. 
Tough call. 

In PPR I probably go

Mooney>>coin toss

Seriously that's a tough one. What if OBJ becomes OBJ again? Which Cleveland team is going to show up? 

OBJ>Hunt but really, you should flip a coin.

Playoffs start this week. I had a good start on Thur with Harris and Jefferson.

Lamar Jackson or Taysom Hill?

Jackson stunk it up last time out against the Browns and has not played well the last few weeks; essentially he is due.

Hill has scored points essentially every time he plays, but in an ugly way; Against the Jets today and with Kamara back, he may not need to do much.

I'm leaning with what got me here.

Thoughts?
I hate decisions like this.

I would rather be wrong betting on Lamar than Taysom.

Struggling myself with Stafford or Hill. My head is telling me Stafford but heart says Hill. Have hill in right now 
I don't blame anyone for starting Hill, he's a triple threat. I am more inclined to start Hill over Stafford than Jackson because Stafford doesn't run. Lamar can also go hog wild with his legs.

Full PPR. Need 3 out of these 4

Tyreek Hill

Deebo Samuel

Van Jefferson

DJ Moore

This is an easy bench Moore to me if and only if we knew for sure that Deebo will be active. He probably will be, but if you can afford to take a zero or have an emergency play in the event that he doesn't suit up then I'd bench Moore. Hill/Jefferson seem automatic plays

Now that Jeff Wilson is getting the start (sharing with Deebo presumably), do I flex him in full ppr over Mooney, Foreman, and Julio? ARob is back. He’s useless other than to draw coverage from Mooney. Foreman shares the backfield too. And I guess I’d like to see Julio before starting a team’s number 1 receiver? I seriously have no clue here.

Both of these guys can't throw the ball well if you have watched games recently.  With that, it comes down to rushing stats for me. Kamara is back which will eat into Hill's numbers a bit. Hill is going to do well, but I think he may be hyped up a bit too much this week and people may be chasing points.  But hey, what do I know. I'm just trying to convince myself into sticking with Jackson. 
The only thing I worry about is that Jackson has a tougher matchup and has been struggling a little bit lately. I don't view starting Hill as chasing points because he has a track record as opposed to a player that shines for 1 week. Honestly I could go either way in this matchup but would probably decide on Hill. I know this goes against the don't bench your studs mentality and Jackson could go off running the ball as well so he too has a lower floor than a non-running QB

Like others with Taysom Hill, I have a decision to make.  All TDs 6 points.  Mine is Hill vs. Rodgers.  Have Rodgers in there now but Hill is pulling me.  Good chance he's involved in every TD.  Low scoring game possibly in GB and if the RBs rush in or def scores, how much will Rodgers even throw? But Rodgers has been playing great of late and hard to bench.
I don't think I could bench Rodgers. 

In the last couple posts I have said:

Lamar>Hill and Hill>Stafford (for varying reasons)

Since I would also say Rodgers>Lamar...

0.5 ppr - deebo or nick chubb?
Ooooooooo...

Without the injury it would be Deebo by a good margin.

I think even with the injury

Deebo>Chubb 

I think the Niners will need Deebo more to stay competitive. Cleveland has a path to victory through the air with Baltimore's secondary (Tertiadary?? Thirddary??).

Now that Jeff Wilson is getting the start (sharing with Deebo presumably), do I flex him in full ppr over Mooney, Foreman, and Julio? ARob is back. He’s useless other than to draw coverage from Mooney. Foreman shares the backfield too. And I guess I’d like to see Julio before starting a team’s number 1 receiver? I seriously have no clue here.
I like Foreman over Wilson personally for reasons I have mentioned multiple times in this thread.

I like Foreman over Wilson personally for reasons I have mentioned multiple times in this thread.

The only thing I worry about is that Jackson has a tougher matchup and has been struggling a little bit lately. I don't view starting Hill as chasing points because he has a track record as opposed to a player that shines for 1 week. Honestly I could go either way in this matchup but would probably decide on Hill. I know this goes against the don't bench your studs mentality and Jackson could go off running the ball as well so he too has a lower floor than a non-running QB
Listen, there is nothing wrong with 

Hill>Lamar for many reasons.

You feel it then roll with it.

any concern about Hill’s finger injury?
Yes, absolutely. But I have concerns about whatever is going on in Baltimore on both sides of the ball. And the fact that game game is so tough to predict. I also have concerns figuring out the Ari v Rams game.

I wouldn't recommend any Saints receiver unless it was dire but I think Hill can produce in this situation.

-OZ- said:
Playoffs baby :excited:

rb2: Karen hunt or Davonte Freeman

TE: Everett or Ryan griffin :oldunsure:
This one has been rattling in the back of my head since I first responded to it.

I think I am flip-flopping on this one @-OZ-

Who else is there to catch the ball for the Jets? Crowder, who should be a target sponge today, Ty Johnson and Griffin that's it.

I don't know that he has a big day in front of him but he should get more opportunities than Everett in what should be a walk for the Seahawks.

Griffin>Everett

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread