What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 5 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

I've got a banged-up Amari Cooper vs Jakobi Meyers or Kenny Golladay.

Got Cooper in now... thinking about Golladay... Meyers probably has the best path, but it's NEP.
I would think about Golladay too.

It depends on what you feel you need. I think Golladay offers more consistency than Cooper ATM and he has upside for days. However very few WRs offer as much explosive potential as Cooper. When he blows up they feel it on Mars.

I lean Coop

I would think about Golladay too.

It depends on what you feel you need. I think Golladay offers more consistency than Cooper ATM and he has upside for days. However very few WRs offer as much explosive potential as Cooper. When he blows up they feel it on Mars.

I lean Coop

Thanks. Love the "feel it on Mars" comment. 😄

Playing with a little bit of house money this week.. opponent had Russell Wilson.

Patriots entire line is out today too so I'm not too sure about that offense

I would go cooper...i think he plays and plays well
I absolutely agree but my goal here is to dive into the reason these are difficult decisions. It's not really about getting people to accept my recos, it sometimes helps people make their decisions just seeing the pros/cons written down.

Think is this thread as more of a magic football S.W.O.T. table than anything.

In that vein questionable o-lines do favor running and short passes which favor both Jakobi (all he does is catch 5 yard ins) and Harris.

But Cooper by a country mile over Jakobi IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
mistakenly posted in wrong thread

(wondered why no one responded lol)

FLEX half PPR

Hines @ BAL

MJJ v TEN

Waddle @ TB

leaning MJJ

worried about Dolphins passing game

Hines is game script dependent who knows when he’ll have his 20+ games

PPR pick one

RB Gibson

WR Cooks

WR Cobb

Others WR Pittman (would have to make room promoting from taxi squad)

WR Callaway

WR Gordon

TE Maxx Williams (TEs get slight bump with 1.5 pts per 10 yards)

mistakenly posted in wrong thread

(wondered why no one responded lol)

FLEX half PPR

Hines @ BAL

MJJ v TEN

Waddle @ TB

leaning MJJ

worried about Dolphins passing game

Hines is game script dependent who knows when he’ll have his 20+ games
Marvin Jones? Yeah I agree.

Waddle is interesting with Parker out and a depleted BUCS secondary.

I can also see the argument for Hines...game script etc.

But Jones feels like a good pick here.

PPR pick one

RB Gibson

WR Cooks

WR Cobb

Others WR Pittman (would have to make room promoting from taxi squad)

WR Callaway

WR Gordon

TE Maxx Williams (TEs get slight bump with 1.5 pts per 10 yards)
I don't know the impact of taxi squads.

Gibson probably but Pittman is a very close second for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck everyone.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

And we are still open for business on afternoon and primetime games.

Went Cobb at first but actually did switch to Gibson. Cooks would be the choice if he had a decent QB.
Its not an easy call, again, I have never played in a taxi squad league so I don't understand the nuance which is why I am surprised that Pittman isn't on your active roster over guys like Cobb & Callaway.

He's a legit #1 WR on his team (legit #2 with #1 upside in magic football) IMO. If Indy improves, which they very well could he should absolutely be a weekly option for you.

Its not an easy call, again, I have never played in a taxi squad league so I don't understand the nuance which is why I am surprised that Pittman isn't on your active roster over guys like Cobb & Callaway.

He's a legit #1 WR on his team (legit #2 with #1 upside in magic football) IMO. If Indy improves, which they very well could he should absolutely be a weekly option for you.
Not much nuance. Rookies go to taxi squad. Once you promote they can't go back. He hasn't been consistently a decent scorer yet to move him up and lose a little flexibility to add and drop other players.

Not much nuance. Rookies go to taxi squad. Once you promote they can't go back. He hasn't been consistently a decent scorer yet to move him up and lose a little flexibility to add and drop other players.
:thumbup:  So Cobb was already on the active roster and last season you promoted Callaway and not Pittman.

Users who are viewing this thread