What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Anderson has 28 targets over the last 3 games with only 10 receptions.

Moore has 13 targets and 11 receptions over the same stretch.

Want to say Moore but matchup tells me Anderson and pray it finally connects.
Thanks as always for the input.  I feel the same way, gut says Moore but mind says Anderson is due to blow up with a good matchup here and the volume you mentioned.  Here's an added option, what about Darius Slayton vs Moore vs Anderson.  He's pretty much the only healthy Giants WR this week 

And once again, .5 ppr for the format

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR league. Huge underdog. Need ceiling. Swing for the fences.

* M. Pittman @SF -- Hilton out, but SF area getting monsoon rain and wind. Could just run Taylor. Pittman is a big body though so he could act as a TE here.

OR

* T. Boyd @BALT -- He's been MIA since Higgins came back. Matchup is poor. CINCI also moves at a snails pace.

Horrible options.

Which?

Thanks

* M. Pittman @SF -- Hilton out, but SF area getting monsoon rain and wind. Could just run Taylor. Pittman is a big body though so he could act as a TE here.

OR

* T. Boyd @BALT -- He's been MIA since Higgins came back. Matchup is poor. CINCI also moves at a snails pace.

Horrible options.

Which?

Thanks
Any other choices?  Both are prayers but I'd lean Boyd due to likelihood for higher scoring game in Baltimore and negative pass happy game script potential for Bengals

Thanks as always for the input.  I feel the same way, gut says Moore but mind says Anderson is due to blow up with a good matchup here and the volume you mentioned.  Here's an added option, what about Darius Slayton vs Moore vs Anderson.  He's pretty much the only healthy Giants WR this week 

And once again, .5 ppr for the format
Well I know very little about Slayton and his game but someone has to catch the ball in New York today, it's gotta be either Slayton or Engram...or the Carolina defense.

I still like Anderson mostly.

Any other choices?  Both are prayers but I'd lean Boyd due to likelihood for higher scoring game in Baltimore and negative pass happy game script potential for Bengals

No other options since I'd have to drop either player to pick up another WR (like say Slayton).

OR

Horrible options.

Which?

Thanks
I still lean Pittman because I like his game more but his ceiling is likely lower than Boyd.

1ppr league

Picked up Stevenson so many other on here. Now left with either

Hoping Collins plays or do I put in

Gainwell v LV

or pick up 

Bolden and start him over Gainwell or Collins or Dee Jay Dallas for a Collins backup plan?  I have Collins in there right now. 

Need help on this one.

TIA

1ppr league

Picked up Stevenson so many other on here. Now left with either

Hoping Collins plays or do I put in

Gainwell v LV

or pick up 

Bolden and start him over Gainwell or Collins or Dee Jay Dallas for a Collins backup plan?  I have Collins in there right now. 

Need help on this one.

TIA
I think you have to roll the dice on Collins.

Gainwell is talented but simply cannot be trusted.

Bolden is low floor, low ceiling.

Are you guys pulling your west coast sunday night and monday players?  The weather is supposed to be nuts
I'm pulling Metcalf for sure but firing up J. Taylor. I'm lucky to have to choose from either Ridley or DK and even with Xavien back, I'm going Calvin. Geno in the rain with decent winds... yikes.

Man...you have the luxury of being able to wait on the Penny/Collins call I guess, in case Collins gets downgraded.

I personally like Herbert. I know it's a bad game script and Williams is back but he may be Chicago's best RB and he will absolutely get touches into the 3rd quarter regardless of score.

Dillon is probably the next "safe" choice but he's really a 10-12 touch guy. Collins should easily surpass that if he starts and if he doesn't you have Penny.

Herbert and Collins without a ton of confidence.
My wrinkle is Collins is on the wire and doesn’t come off till tomorrow. I look likely  to get him with my waiver priority, but it’s not guaranteed. So if I roll the dice and miss on him, I’m likely starting someone really depressing at flex like Juwan Johnson or Everette.

My wrinkle is Collins is on the wire and doesn’t come off till tomorrow. I look likely  to get him with my waiver priority, but it’s not guaranteed. So if I roll the dice and miss on him, I’m likely starting someone really depressing at flex like Juwan Johnson or Everette.
But you have Penny, right? Even if Collins plays I think he can match Dillion and possibly Herbert.

Carroll will give him opportunities, IMO. 

But you have Penny, right? Even if Collins plays I think he can match Dillion and possibly Herbert.

Carroll will give him opportunities, IMO. 
I do have Penny. And he would likely be my drop if I got collins. My team is a mess this week. My opponent has Aaron Jones, yikes, so I may just roll the dice and hope for the best for a good Dillon game.

I do have Penny. And he would likely be my drop if I got collins. My team is a mess this week. My opponent has Aaron Jones, yikes, so I may just roll the dice and hope for the best for a good Dillon game.
That's valid, I personally think Penny and Dillon are interchangeable but there is no on field data to support that belief, which is why I said Dillon is probably your "safe" choice.

Roll Dillon with confidence.

That's valid, I personally think Penny and Dillon are interchangeable but there is no on field data to support that belief, which is why I said Dillon is probably your "safe" choice.

Roll Dillon with confidence.
I will roll him without confidence. Still might try to get Collins to replace Penny but won’t be able to play him.

I will roll him without confidence. Still might try to get Collins to replace Penny but won’t be able to play him.
Personally, RoS I like Penny over Collins. 

Penny is an injury plagued unknown but Collins is, was and will be Carson's backup.

Penny is then $1 lottery pick that wins your league out of nowhere (not saying he will but he fits that profile), Collins is the guy that gets you through a bye, maybe, possibly.

Dropped Wentz for Tua last minute due to the storm in SF. Had to kick Hasty out of squad to do so since he’s back from IR.  Was going to just stay put to see Hasty’s role tonight coming back from injury but I’m .500 and need a W. Hopefully it was the right decision 

Dropped Wentz for Tua last minute due to the storm in SF. Had to kick Hasty out of squad to do so since he’s back from IR.  Was going to just stay put to see Hasty’s role tonight coming back from injury but I’m .500 and need a W. Hopefully it was the right decision 
I like that move at this point.

I think Davis is near droppable after this week. 
Absolutely could be. I haven't seen the replay or box score from today but Going into today it was a clear plus matchup and, despite Cordarrelle getting all the love Davis was getting 17 touches per game, played on passing downs and wasn't pulled at the goal line. He may not be very good but he got opportunities.

Like I always say, in this thread you get what you pay for.

Absolutely could be. I haven't seen the replay or box score from today but Going into today it was a clear plus matchup and, despite Cordarrelle getting all the love Davis was getting 17 touches per game, played on passing downs and wasn't pulled at the goal line. He may not be very good but he got opportunities.

Like I always say, in this thread you get what you pay for.
@chad in Indy

I just checked the box score. 4 carries for 10 yards and zero receptions? Is that correct? Was he injured?

The five games prior he had 21, 16, 16, 15 & 18 opportunities. 4 total opportunities is a crazy deviation. Did he miss some blitz pick-ups, fumble? 4 carries with zero targets doesn't seem like enough to simply say he was ineffective.

Anyone watch the game and want to chime in?

@chad in Indy

I just checked the box score. 4 carries for 10 yards and zero receptions? Is that correct? Was he injured?

The five games prior he had 21, 16, 16, 15 & 18 opportunities. 4 total opportunities is a crazy deviation. Did he miss some blitz pick-ups, fumble? 4 carries with zero targets doesn't seem like enough to simply say he was ineffective.

Anyone watch the game and want to chime in?
I watched via red zone. He was not involved. No injuries, just an afterthought. Patterson was getting first crack at GL carries too. Seems more like the team chose this route out of the bye week. 

I watched via red zone. He was not involved. No injuries, just an afterthought. Patterson was getting first crack at GL carries too. Seems more like the team chose this route out of the bye week. 
Crazy. I love that someone finally figured out how to use Cordarrelle properly. It gives me hope for holding onto Christine Michael all this time.

But honestly I never would have seen this coming, particularly in this matchup.

12 rushing yards or a 7 yard reception for the win on MNF.   Who is safer?

Alex Collins and his groin -vs- Marquez Callaway

Normally I take Collins at full health.  Coming off the injury I think I have to roll the dice that this isn't the secondary that puts a goose egg on Callaway, even though he seems like a WR capable of putting one up.  I hate these scenarios and gave a lot of thought to dropping Callaway to add-start Pascal, but he was coming off his own injury and I think Callaway is probably one more big stat line away from being a tradeable asset.

I get that it's all but in the bag, but it's a critical win.   Aside from re-aggravating the groin, a first half fumble could legitimately make 3.2 fantasy points to offset it questionable given doghouse potential and the return of Penny.  

12 rushing yards or a 7 yard reception for the win on MNF.   Who is safer?

Alex Collins and his groin -vs- Marquez Callaway

Normally I take Collins at full health.  Coming off the injury I think I have to roll the dice that this isn't the secondary that puts a goose egg on Callaway, even though he seems like a WR capable of putting one up.  I hate these scenarios and gave a lot of thought to dropping Callaway to add-start Pascal, but he was coming off his own injury and I think Callaway is probably one more big stat line away from being a tradeable asset.

I get that it's all but in the bag, but it's a critical win.   Aside from re-aggravating the groin, a first half fumble could legitimately make 3.2 fantasy points to offset it questionable given doghouse potential and the return of Penny.  
Callaway has hit your benchmark every week this season so...

Three on a bye (Lamb, Najee, Pollard)

I had five choices to fill two spots (RB & Flex)

Of course I chose the bottom two

Bateman & McKissic 11.0/9.6

Javonte 17.2

Carter 16.4

Khalil 19.3

I stream QBs and it’s a mortal lock Winston will get less than the 21.3 Wentz put up

already locked up the win but man do I suck at this lol

Pushing the envelope on the use of this thread.

Curious who you'd rather have as your WR4 ROS in a 12 team PPR.

T. Boyd -- Clearly the last read. Maybe behind Ozumah now.

OR

M. Gallup -- Could be available this week. High powered offense. Cooper tends to get dinged. Schedule looks pretty good too.

I can't keep both on the roster.

The ROS of season rankings has provided one answer. Curious if others agree.

Which?

Thanks

Three on a bye (Lamb, Najee, Pollard)

I had five choices to fill two spots (RB & Flex)

Of course I chose the bottom two

Bateman & McKissic 11.0/9.6

Javonte 17.2

Carter 16.4

Khalil 19.3

I stream QBs and it’s a mortal lock Winston will get less than the 21.3 Wentz put up

already locked up the win but man do I suck at this lol
Funny thing about this thread, and a big part of the reason I enjoy participating in it so much is it really helps me focus my thoughts on given players.

I still think McKissic was the right call, and I said as much when I responded to your post, but I was surprised that I also ranked Bateman above Herbert & Javonte.  By Saturday, after talking about so many players and reading so many opinions I had pivoted to Herbert and no way would have recommended Bateman over him.

When I update my WDIS tracking log every Monday/Tuesday I often find recommendations made early in the week that surprise me.

I do try to go back and update some calls I made based on new information (e.g. Peoples as a late scratch, Damien Williams coming off the Covid list) but I going back through the whole thread just to update a random recommendation, that no one would (or should) listen to is probably too much...unless JB decides to create a paid "WDIS" position that is.

Pushing the envelope on the use of this thread.

Curious who you'd rather have as your WR4 ROS in a 12 team PPR.

T. Boyd -- Clearly the last read. Maybe behind Ozumah now.

OR

M. Gallup -- Could be available this week. High powered offense. Cooper tends to get dinged. Schedule looks pretty good too.

I can't keep both on the roster.

The ROS of season rankings has provided one answer. Curious if others agree.

Which?

Thanks
Yeah, it is difficult to have any faith in Boyd at this point. Good player but clearly capped by Jamar & Higgins & Mixon, not sure about Ozumah ATM as yesterday was kind of fluky.

Gallup is probably in a similar situation though with Amari, CeeDee, Shultz, Zeke (& Pollard).  This really is a coin toss, may try asking which player you would prefer to keep off your opponents roster? For some reason when I ask that my lizard brain says "Gallup" and I have no sound logic or reasoning behind it.  Probably because he is more of an unknown commodity right now which gives me hope that maybe we all missed out on something.

Users who are viewing this thread