What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wentz to Washington! There's a new Commander in the NFC East (1 Viewer)

Wentz now in D.C.

Has many of the same accolades as Russell Wilson and cost a fraction of what Denver paid Seattle. Both have a Super Bowl ring, both have been MVP candidates, Snyder has pulled it off finally. Best QB in the Commanders era of Washington, good show of patience not jumping the gun on their part.  
I don't think it was a bad deal, but this swings it too far in the other direction. That's two teams that didn't want him, presumably for off-the-field issues. That's not exactly a calling card one wants to have. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it was a bad deal, but this swings it too far in the other direction. That's two teams that didn't want him, presumably for off-the-field issues. That's not exactly a calling card one wants to have. 
44-40 as a starter, he's a winner. 

Yeah it's not a good luck to go from Philly to Indy to Washington in about 12 months. 

I think most Washington fans aren't really happy or excited right now. Yes they can dump him after 1 year but we all had much higher hopes (Wilson, Watson) and this feels like an awful consolation prize. 

44-40 as a starter, he's a winner
Barely. And Nick Foles led that team to a Super Bowl and then back almost through the playoffs again the next year. And we've seen Foles with lesser talents. Not that impressive. That Philly team was good and loaded on the lines and at wideout and skill positions. Just a good team. Should be more than 44-40, really. 

44-40 as a starter, he's a winner. 

Yeah it's not a good luck to go from Philly to Indy to Washington in about 12 months. 
If Frank Reich didn't want him... I'm not sure I would either.  Supposedly last year was a reclamation project - he showed poor decision making and had a stud running back, great line and decent receiving weapons.  Not sure he is getting dropped in a better spot in Washington, outside of the NFC East being nothing shy of a dumpster fire... 

I think most Washington fans aren't really happy or excited right now. Yes they can dump him after 1 year but we all had much higher hopes (Wilson, Watson) and this feels like an awful consolation prize. 
"You didn't order the metallic pea?"

If you're thinking about making a run in the NFC East you want the whole family in The Wentz Queen Family Truckster! You think you hate him now but wait 'til you ride him. 

Vacation I couldn't help myself

Dallas is not a dumpster fire. Their cap issue is dumpster-fire-esque, their team isn't. Philly could be worse. The Jets are a dumpster fire. Jacksonville is a dumpster fire. 
I think Dallas' cap issues make them a dumpster fire.  They could be a shell of last year's team.  The line is far from what it used to be.  

Point being, The Commanders were a QB away from potentially seizing the division and they missed big time with Wentz.  

I think Dallas' cap issues make them a dumpster fire
As long as they can pay Dak, they're not. They will not be as good as last year if they can't figure out a way to retain Cooper, because nobody really slides in there that can do what he does, but if they have a good draft, there's no reason they can't beef up the line.

On defense, Parsons is a queen piece. You have to hope for his health, because he's its most important player. They've got a good D with their DL rotation (Gregory is a FA, right?) and their secondary isn't too bad. Kearse is a free agent. But they can certainly take a step parallel, if not forward, on defense. 

Oddly enough, i think Washington and Indy are mirror images of each other - running game, short passing game, one talented WR and a good defense - but better coaching in Wash.

But Indy missed the playoffs last year - but Wash likely to hit this year behind Wentz in a week conference.

Oddly enough, i think Washington and Indy are mirror images of each other - running game, short passing game, one talented WR and a good defense - but better coaching in Wash.

But Indy missed the playoffs last year - but Wash likely to hit this year behind Wentz in a week conference.
Dak in the East, Rodgers in the North, Ryan in the South and Stafford in the West...that's about the long and short of the NFC. All of them have cracks in their armor and are no sure thing in the Playoffs although Stafford elevated big time this year. 

NFC seems prime for a surprise, Wentz has at least a chance to be a difference maker in D.C. 

Damn, never looked at it this way.   So at this point does the AFC west have a better top 4 qbs than the entire NFC?
I should have had Kyler Murray on this list but Arizona is very foggy right now, hard to see what the plan is with him having a social media temper tantrum. 

He's due a LOT of $$$ at the stroke of Midnight or whenever he can get his first extension. He has 3 full seasons now to my knowledge, it's Pay Day!

-And if you think otherwise then it's going to be a long hold out because Murray won't touch the field until he's extended. I dare Arizona to exercise his 5th year Option, I triple dog dare you!!! That's where we are at with him and while it's a long shot, he could be in trade discussions if things don't go exactly as Murray plans the next 2-3 months...oh it's coming. We are just at the intermission, there's going to be an Act 2. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wentz now in D.C.

Has many of the same accolades as Russell Wilson and cost a fraction of what Denver paid Seattle. Both have a Super Bowl ring, both have been MVP candidates, Snyder has pulled it off finally. Best QB in the Commanders era of Washington, good show of patience not jumping the gun on their part.  
Have you watched him play the last few years?   Most overpaid qb in the league.   He won't win them anything.  Terrible trade.

Well the Defense is 26th in the league. So Ron needs to spread the blame a bit. And he's picking the players. Wentz has been worse than I expected. But what Ron should have said to "Why is the rest of the NFC East better?" should have been 'player selection and coaching'. But you know, that's Ron's job.

There is no reason to let Wentz get to the 75% snaps number and give up a 2nd rounder. At some point Howell and/or Heinicke will see the field. It's just a matter of how soon.

I said it in the other thread, if we were a smart NFL team, we would happily start Howell NOW, see if we have a QB of the future or not, while saving our 2nd round pick, and quite possibly finishing with the top pick in the draft. We've lost the fan base. What do we really have to start Wentz just because he's the highest salary at the position? I hope we clean house big time. Its just painful to watch our 2 once great coaching assistants leave to go turn around 2 teams in the 49ers and Rams, who both have Championship appearances and a trophy to show for it. Meanwhile, we have stayed in the toilet...

Users who are viewing this thread