What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What foods or resturuants make you scream GROSS!? (2 Viewers)

What fast food places are highly rated? I only eat fast food when I am desperate. or driving on a long trip and don`t want to sit for an hour.

Even then I try to look for heathier options.  I will do Chick-Filet, Q-Doba, Arbys. Jersey Mikes for sure but then we are getting into subs.

Try to avoid Wendys, McDonalds, Taco Bell, if you ever opened up a Taco Ball item and looked at the so called meat it is purge garbage...it does taste decent but it is garbage.
Isn't this all fast food?

Why?  It's just soup/salad/sandwiches for people that may want an alternative to burger/fries.
I've just never had a good meal there...sandwiches are tasteless.  Soups are OK I guess, but not something that's gonna be a big factor in my rating.   

Overrated:

In 'n Out (most overrated by a mile)

Whataburger (its like, ok)

Carl's Jr (but yeah, they had good commercials)

Underrated:

Arby's (even Homer rags on it!)

Roy Rogers - Awesome chicken and OH! Those Double Rs! Plus, love me some Roy Rogers BBQ sauce

Popeyes - spicy chicken is awesome

I'm sadly an expert at this. 

The "you get what you expect" chains: 

McDonalds, Chic Fila, Arby's, Taco Bell, Popeyes

Overrated :

1) Burger King - I'm not sure it's overrated, as much as it just sucks.  They charge for everything.  More than 1 sauce packet, that's 25 cents.  Want to swap out the coffee for a small coke, they add about $1.75 to your cost.  Terrible service.  Worst fries of all time.  Every 6 months I have a need for a Croissanwich for breakfast, and every time I go I remember why I hate the place.  Moreso, it's just a way for the parent company to hold real estate.  They don't give a crap about anything that goes on in the store.

2) Wendy's - When Dave was alive, Wendy's was relevant. Now it is plain awful.  Costs have gone up about $2 per combo meal, while quality has gone down.  Service always sucked, but it was manageable.  No longer.  The whole experience is terrible.

3) KFC - Pure disgusting.  How do you mess up fried chicken when it's what you are supposed to be good at.  Simply too greasy for modern tastes, and the sides are awful

Underrated -

1)  Roy Rogers - Only still around Mid-Atlantic I think.  Still have the Double R Burger.  And your own fixins bar so you can load up on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Chick-fil-a and it's not even close. 

Raising Canes and Zaxby's are better, but they don't have millions of zealot Christians claiming them to be the best thing god ever created since his garden of eden rib joint. 

I really can't think of a chain restaurant I'd choose Panera over.  Maybe S'barro?

Possibly Fazollis or Skyline Chili but i've never had either 

I'll add Panera is way overrated for the price... find a better local option at that point.

5 Guys... dry burgers, good fries but meh for price.

Subway...why do people order a 'healthy alternative" where the meat is 1/2 sawdust and filler?

For me- Burger King and Panda Express are over rated.  I find that for near the same price as Panda Express I can get far better food at independently owned Chinese restaurants.

Under rated for me is Lee's sandwiches. There aren't too many of them yet- but they are legit.

I've just never had a good meal there...sandwiches are tasteless.  Soups are OK I guess, but not something that's gonna be a big factor in my rating.   
I agree..every sandwich I have had at Panera is just OK.  Nothing really good but not gross either. Usually the best thing is the baguette with butter.

I'm sadly an expert at this. 

The "you get what you expect" chains: 

McDonalds, Chic Fila, Arby's, Taco Bell, Popeyes

Overrated :

1) Burger King - I'm not sure it's overrated, as much as it just sucks.  They charge for everything.  More than 1 sauce packet, that's 25 cents.  Want to swap out the coffee for a small coke, they add about $1.75 to your cost.  Terrible service.  Worst fries of all time.  Every 6 months I have a need for a Croissanwich for breakfast, and every time I go I remember why I hate the place.  Moreso, it's just a way for the parent company to hold real estate.  They don't give a crap about anything that goes on in the store.

2) Wendy's - When Dave was alive, Wendy's was relevant. Now it is plain awful.  Costs have gone up about $2 per combo meal, while quality has gone down.  Service always sucked, but it was manageable.  No longer.  The whole experience is terrible.

3) KFC - Pure disgusting.  How do you mess up fried chicken when it's what you are supposed to be good at.  Simply too greasy for modern tastes, and the sides are awful

Underrated -

1)  Roy Rogers - Only still around Mid-Atlantic I think.  Still have the Double R Burger.  And your own fixins bar so you can load up on it
Based on your analysis, I am willing to support your "expert" claim.  Add Subway to "get what you expect".

I like Chik Fil-a and their chicken sandwich is great.  But if the general consensus is it is the greatest thing ever, then it does go into the overrated category.  Put a Chick-fil-A and a Bojangles side by side, I'm walking into Bo's 9 times out of 10 (better biscuits, better sides, better iced tea).

Panera is indeed terrible. 

Never been a fan of Arby's.  If I want a good roast beef sandwich, there are plenty of good delis around. 

Everything about Panda Express is overrated except the Orange Chicken. They should just rename the place to Orange Chicken Express. It's so good. 

Overrated - KFC

Underated - Popeye's

I'll even go further to say that I think Popeye's is the best fast foot restaurant hands down.  The separation b/w them and KFC (assuming they're #2) in the fried bone in chicken category has to vastly outway any other #1 vs. #2 in another category.

I dare you to come up with one better :boxing:

I can't fathom how Burger King and Subway are still in business.
I think Subway is on their way to pricing themselves out.  When it was $5 for most foot longs I found myself walking down the street every couple of months when the day got away from us and we needed a late dinner.  I guess $5 was my tipping point because we've trended towards nuked hot dogs and fake chicken parm on those days lately.

Overrated - KFC

Underated - Popeye's

I'll even go further to say that I think Popeye's is the best fast foot restaurant hands down.  The separation b/w them and KFC (assuming they're #2) in the fried bone in chicken category has to vastly outway any other #1 vs. #2 in another category.

I dare you to come up with one better :boxing:
I'd put Bojangles at #2 for chicken (maybe even #1, but I don't know if I'm influenced by not having one nearby, so it's a treat when I have it). I don't think the gap is that big between the two, regardless.

For real?  I thought that was urban myth.
I just drove by the one in Circleville last month. It's been a year or so since I've been to the one in Bellefontaine. Wouldn't shock if it has since closed down. They had strayed pretty far from the Rax model, and Bellefontaine ain't exactly a thriving market. Lots of non-Rax items on the menu. But the BBC was exactly the same. If you want to make the trek, Circleville is your best bet.

For those that remember GD Ritzys, the original founder, Graydon Webb, has leased an old A&W stand in Columbus and is converting it into the rebirth of Ritzys.

There is still a Ritzys from the original chain in Evansville, IN, and I believe the one in Huntington, WV might still be open.

Overrated:

In 'n Out (most overrated by a mile)

Whataburger (its like, ok)

Carl's Jr (but yeah, they had good commercials)

Underrated:

Arby's (even Homer rags on it!)

Roy Rogers - Awesome chicken and OH! Those Double Rs! Plus, love me some Roy Rogers BBQ sauce

Popeyes - spicy chicken is awesome
You made the fist fight list also, buddy.

The rollout of new franchises is slow in this part of the world, so my 92yo father still gets regular chances at his favorite hobby - cutting out ad pictures of fastfood entrees, laying them on the order counters of these establishments and saying "I want a ___________ that looks just like that"

Chick-fil-a and it's not even close. 

Raising Canes and Zaxby's are better, but they don't have millions of zealot Christians claiming them to be the best thing god ever created since his garden of eden rib joint. 
I’m not at all a part of an organized religion and an annoyed they’re closed on Sunday’s, but for quick and decent food nothing beats chick fil a. 

Overrated:

burger king - just the worst so the fact it’s still in business is enough. 

Whataburger - it’s just okay 

El pollo loco - meh 

underrated:

in and out and chick fil a. They’re that good. 

Jersey mikes.

Properly rated:

5 guys

mcdonalds/Wendy’s/Carl’s/jack on the box

chipotle

culvers

Based on your analysis, I am willing to support your "expert" claim.  Add Subway to "get what you expect".

I like Chik Fil-a and their chicken sandwich is great.  But if the general consensus is it is the greatest thing ever, then it does go into the overrated category.  Put a Chick-fil-A and a Bojangles side by side, I'm walking into Bo's 9 times out of 10 (better biscuits, better sides, better iced tea).
You don't need the analysis.  I'm 5'11" and 240 pounds.  Granted I carry it well, but I have't touched a vegetable other than potatoes since about 10 years old.

Bojangles ...#1 rated biscuits in my book.  Now the gravy and country ham they put on the biscuits, not so good.  The play here is order a half dozen of the plain biscuits and put a lot of butter on it.

I just drove by the one in Circleville last month. It's been a year or so since I've been to the one in Bellefontaine. Wouldn't shock if it has since closed down. They had strayed pretty far from the Rax model, and Bellefontaine ain't exactly a thriving market. Lots of non-Rax items on the menu. But the BBC was exactly the same. If you want to make the trek, Circleville is your best bet.
Is the one in Athens still there?  Forgot to drive by when we were there this summer, but the last time I was at OU it was still rolling.  Those shakes...

I'd put Bojangles at #2 for chicken (maybe even #1, but I don't know if I'm influenced by not having one nearby, so it's a treat when I have it). I don't think the gap is that big between the two, regardless.
I do prefer Bojangles... but only by a hair and because I spent my summers in Greensboro when there were like 2 locations. 

The geographic limitation sucks but when I was up in NY and travelled to DC, every other time or so I'd leave for Union Station early just to get some Bojangles on the way back as it was the northernmost outpost. 

Culvers is way over rated. Very expensive and their burgers aren't that good. Milkshakes/malts are over priced as well and not good. Would rather have a dairy queen burger and blizzard or go to a place like Sonic and save 25 to 40 %

I’m not at all a part of an organized religion and an annoyed they’re closed on Sunday’s, but for quick and decent food nothing beats chick fil a. 
For the record, I'm pretty certain you alone are not the reason why it is so overrated. It took millions to do it.

Is the one in Athens still there?  Forgot to drive by when we were there this summer, but the last time I was at OU it was still rolling.  Those shakes...
Not sure. Haven't been to Athens in at least 6 years. And even then I didn't know they had one. 

Culvers is way over rated. Very expensive and their burgers aren't that good. Milkshakes/malts are over priced as well and not good. Would rather have a dairy queen burger and blizzard or go to a place like Sonic and save 25 to 40 %
Good call. My wife was so excited when we got one in our small town. Went a few times, but now haven't gone in years. It didn't live up to the hype at all.

Users who are viewing this thread