What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What foods or resturuants make you scream GROSS!? (2 Viewers)

I do prefer Bojangles... but only by a hair and because I spent my summers in Greensboro when there were like 2 locations. 

The geographic limitation sucks but when I was up in NY and travelled to DC, every other time or so I'd leave for Union Station early just to get some Bojangles on the way back as it was the northernmost outpost. 
The Union Station one qualifies as the closest to me (and, since I work in downtown DC, it is not far).  Just not a convenient location unless going through Union Station.  There's for some reason some Bojangles' Northern Virginia dead zone from Fredericksburg until you get to DC/MD.

Whatever rating KFC has overrates it. I don't understand how they have any customers. I have a hunch same could be said of Taco Bell, but I haven't attended one of those in about 15 years. We did a massive fail and got KFC a month or so ago after a several year hiatus, and I swear it's the last time I'll get anything from there again.

Culvers is way over rated. Very expensive and their burgers aren't that good. Milkshakes/malts are over priced as well and not good. Would rather have a dairy queen burger and blizzard or go to a place like Sonic and save 25 to 40 %
I didn't think DQ actually had non-ice cream products.

I guess the thought of getting a burger from DQ never crossed my mind. 
Mine either until we were out that one day and it was that Subway or Wendy's. We went in to just get some ice cream to tide us over and they had all kinds of food.

Why is Michigan so far behind, I have never seen a Carl's, Inn and Out, Chick Fil-A, or Moe's in our state.
No Hardee's?  In and Out is west coast only right?  Really surprised by Chick-fil-a but since Lambskin is a big dummy they don't deserve to have one.

I feel like Taco Bell is it's own food group.  I don't like comparing it to real mexican food like I would Chipotle mainly because Taco Bell cravings and Mexican food cravings are two very different things, and Taco Bell cravings are a very real thing.  I crave no other fast food like I do Taco Bell.

No Hardee's?  In and Out is west coast only right?  Really surprised by Chick-fil-a but since Lambskin is a big dummy they don't deserve to have one.
There isn't a Hardee's near me that I have ever seen and I live in an area that has a ton of fast food places.

There are Chick-fil-a's in Michigan. Not many but there are a few. It's a Southern chain so I guess it took awhile to make it here. We do have Hardees as well. 

underrated - DQ and Mr Hero 

Romanburger + waffer fries with cheese sauce  :tebow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good call. My wife was so excited when we got one in our small town. Went a few times, but now haven't gone in years. It didn't live up to the hype at all.

Culvers is way over rated. Very expensive and their burgers aren't that good. Milkshakes/malts are over priced as well and not good. Would rather have a dairy queen burger and blizzard or go to a place like Sonic and save 25 to 40 %
Just get a kid's meal, about $5 and you get ice with it.  Then after 10 of them, you can turn in your tickets to get a culver's sports ball (kick ball, soccer ball, basketball, or football)

Nearest Hardee's to me = 31.2 miles.

Nearsest Chick Fil-A  is the OU campus, but since I am not a college kid it would be Somerset which is still almost 20 miles and with traffic ugh.

Just get a kid's meal, about $5 and you get ice with it.  Then after 10 of them, you can turn in your tickets to get a culver's sports ball (kick ball, soccer ball, basketball, or football)
:yucky: they opened one like 3 miles from my house like 12 to 18 months ago and we thought cool. First time we went there it was horrible haven't been back since. Plus paying like 25 dollars for 2 meals with shakes, and 3 piece chicken tender felt more like going to a regular restaurant then taking the crap home to eat it.

Whatever rating KFC has overrates it. I don't understand how they have any customers. I have a hunch same could be said of Taco Bell, but I haven't attended one of those in about 15 years. We did a massive fail and got KFC a month or so ago after a several year hiatus, and I swear it's the last time I'll get anything from there again.
KFC is objectively garbage but if I get stopped in front of the red light in front of our local one, I'm going to be thinking about it for the rest of the week... something about that smell.

Nearest Hardee's to me = 31.2 miles.

Nearsest Chick Fil-A  is the OU campus, but since I am not a college kid it would be Somerset which is still almost 20 miles and with traffic ugh.
Eh, to me most fast food is about the same. I don't think either are worth a long drive at all. The only ff I ever get is McDonalds every once in awhile. I can't kick those fries. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, to me most fast food is about the same. The only ff I ever get is McDonalds every once in awhile. I can't kick those fries. 
I love the chicken quesadillas at Taco Bell. I also like the turkey gyro at Arby's. After that I can take it or leave it.

McDonald's is underrated. Their egg mcmuffin is top tier for fast food breakfast. Their coffee, at least in Canada is better than most coffee/donut places. Their french fries are legendary. Sure the sandwich is probably going to be subpar but none of these places make a better hamburger than I can make in my kitchen, I'm really there for fries or quick breakfast anyway and McD's is near the top.

McDonald's is underrated. Their egg mcmuffin is top tier for fast food breakfast. Their coffee, at least in Canada is better than most coffee/donut places. Their french fries are legendary. Sure the sandwich is probably going to be subpar but none of these places make a better hamburger than I can make in my kitchen, I'm really there for fries or quick breakfast anyway and McD's is near the top.
True. You guys get the shamrock shake? That is pretty legit. 

Don't know if you have the new Artisan Sandwiches/Burgers, but those are actually good.  Some McD's are getting fresh beef now and if you get the Quarter Pounder with Guac on the Artisan roll and it's made with fresh beef, you're getting a legitimately tasty burger.  On taste alone, leaving aside presentation, as good as some of the more casual sit down restaurants. 

Overrated:

Tim Hortons (sorry canada)

Also overrated:

Dunkin Donuts (sorry racists... I mean m#######s)

Overrated:

Tim Hortons (sorry canada)

Tim Horton's is utter garbage. Microwaved muffins and donuts, "sandwiches" with almost no meat on them, ####ty burnt coffee, powder lattes and cappucinos and somehow across 1000s of locations, they've managed to train every employee to #### up every order.

I don't get how Burger King is overrated.  They would have to have high average rating to start with, which I don't think they do.  I think the are probably rated about where they should be...horrible fast food

Tim Horton's is utter garbage. Microwaved muffins and donuts, "sandwiches" with almost no meat on them, ####ty burnt coffee, powder lattes and cappucinos and somehow across 1000s of locations, they've managed to train every employee to #### up every order.
Not surprisingly--Tim Hortons is owned by Burger King.   

McDonald's new Buttermilk Chicken Tenders are pretty tasty too.

I damn near cracked my tooth biting into one of their sandwiches. Just terrible and way too expensive. 
My wife likes potbelly. But I don't. I agree biting into one of their sandwiches is like trying to bite through the shell of a walnut. Apparently my wife has strong jaw muscles.  :P

U think so? I thought they were rather bland and over battered. 

Now their chicken biscuit is very good. 
I agree - got me some afternoon McDs brefass and they gave me a sample of the new fingers and it was bland and dry (maybe that's the over battered). 

BUT THE MCRIB! (yeah, you heard me. And yes, I know what it's made of, and I'm cool with that)

Underrated:

White Castle, especially when drunk and hungry

Overrated:

White Castle, after you ate it because you were drunk and hungry

We prefer to be called FBGs
lol. On a side not to this, I follow Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson on Twitter. He eats McDonalds like every single day. Also he is obsessed with playing FIFA video games, Starbucks and cigars. I have no idea what his blood pressure or cholesterol is but looks like he could still play in the NFL Certainly the total opposite of what you would expect from a person who'se favorite things are 10,000 calorie lattes, McDonalds, video games and cigars lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread