What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is everyone doing for the Superbowl? (1 Viewer)

FootBallin

Footballguy
So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :excited: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?

Thanks

So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :lmao: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?Thanks
This seems like it should be in the Free For All?

So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :goodposting: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?Thanks
Vizio are very good. I actually heard somewhere (not sure if it's true or not) but Vizio actually supplies most TV companies with their parts and have only just recently decided to going into the finished product market recently.

Well this super bowl will suck . I hate both teams . And this game wont even be close . Pats 42 Giants 17. This will go down in history of the most boring matchup ever .

Man I cant wait for next year ... Sorry But This game dont show much promise.

I live in Vegas but I will probably just stay at home and watch it.

I hate superbowl parties because no one ends up watching the game. Everyone brings their wives. Too much talking.

I like to watch the game.

FootBallin said:
So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :coffee: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?Thanks
There's many threads on good TV's to buy.

FootBallin said:
So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :coffee: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?

Thanks
I bought a Panny 50" plasma on Black Friday and I absolutely love it. Here's a great site for doing some research. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Texasmouth said:
I live in Vegas but I will probably just stay at home and watch it. I hate superbowl parties because no one ends up watching the game. Everyone brings their wives. Too much talking. I like to watch the game.
Wives talking during the game? Oh no..Need to set ground rules my man..No wives babbling about stuff other than football in my media room. They can do that crap someplace else. :coffee:

Texasmouth said:
I live in Vegas but I will probably just stay at home and watch it. I hate superbowl parties because no one ends up watching the game. Everyone brings their wives. Too much talking. I like to watch the game.
Wives talking during the game? Oh no..Need to set ground rules my man..No wives babbling about stuff other than football in my media room. They can do that crap someplace else. :confused:
This gentleman is squared away. :mellow:

I despise Superbowl parties. Especially the obnoxious, work people invite kind. You know the one's...where someone with a big fancy house invites everyone from their work (and families) over to watch the game. Women hang out in the kitchen and drink wine/fru-fruy drinks each cheese and talk about granite countertops and such. But really the whole premise of the party is just to show off their house, and their fancy rec room (man's room) with the projection theater system etc..

Bunch of drones! Same guys who carried their cell phones clipped to their hip 10 years ago, and had to buy an 8 passenger SUV as well...just because it was "status" in America.

Just give me a good TV set and a couple close friends or family members (that I like to watch football with) and some beer, chili, wings etc and everything is good. Option 2, just sit by myself and watch the game.

Have most of my main ff league over. multiple tvs in the same room, 6 foot sub and a bunch of other stuff to eat, a big tub full of beer and some good smoke, gotta spend there money on something. :goodposting:

anyone whining that its going to be a crappy game is missing the whole point of the superbowl imo.

I still think the Fed Gov't should move MLK Holiday to the day after the Superbowl.

Afterall President's Day is on Feb 18th...the day after the 2nd biggest sporting event in this country (the Daytona 500).

And on the East Coast, the Superbowl isn't over until around 10:30pm vs. the Daytona 500 ending around 6:30-7pm.

For millions of American's, its rough getting to work on time the Monday after the Superbowl.

Lol Meat, that's funny. I like your arrangement of icons! And hell yea Kentric - we'll both be watching the Giants win! And Baldbird...you never know - the Giants may surprise everyone. If they beat the Patriots, and the game is as good/close as the Giants vs. Packers game, I think it will be an awesome game! It will be a Cinderella story for the Giants to beat an undefeated team - oh that would be SOOO awesome!!!

Oh and when I go to Superbowl parties, the wives/girlfriends/girls that come are always into the game as well so we never have to deal with babbling women that are talking about everything BUT the game! So it's cool.

Thanks for the tv advice too! I was just wondering for those people that are watching the game at home, what they're watching it on. One of the reasons I thought about Vizio is because one of my favorite players, LT, is features on their website (vizio.com/lt) and I'm such a sucker for the media and advertisements. Plus I heard they were pretty good as well.

So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :thumbup: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?Thanks
$100 buy-in Texas hold-em tournament at noon,SB sunday.another $100 buy-in tournament at a friends house, at 5.30...72" HD flat screen..cards while watching the game. Nothing could be finer!

Well this super bowl will suck . I hate both teams . And this game wont even be close . Pats 42 Giants 17. This will go down in history of the most boring matchup ever . Man I cant wait for next year ... Sorry But This game dont show much promise.
Um,disgruntled Pheagles Phan,that wasn't the answer to the question that was asked. Pay attention:I will be cooking all day Saturday,enjoying it all day Sunday. My sons will come up to the house and we'll watch the game together on a nice HD Plasma with surround sound. We'll cheer,we'll laugh,we'll cry. Then we'll all call in sick to work on Monday as we continue to celebrate The Giants upset.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game
I, however, am.
I live in Phoenix so I will be enjoying all the festivites but come game time I will be watching the game outside the stadium at Westgate.
I'm going to the game as well ... what is the parking/tailgating scene going to be? I was reading somewhere you had to pay like $99 for stadium parking or something? I'd imagine there will be a score of lots before the stadium, correct? Just want to try to figure out my pre-game as much as possible.TIA :hophead:

I'm going to the game as well ... what is the parking/tailgating scene going to be? I was reading somewhere you had to pay like $99 for stadium parking or something? I'd imagine there will be a score of lots before the stadium, correct? Just want to try to figure out my pre-game as much as possible.

TIA :thumbup:

Isn't it just in the parking lot of the stadium? I'm not sure on parking price - I expect it to be up there though - that's for sure!

Well this super bowl will suck . I hate both teams . And this game wont even be close . Pats 42 Giants 17. This will go down in history of the most boring matchup ever . Man I cant wait for next year ... Sorry But This game dont show much promise.
:thumbup: This will be a strange year. For the first time, my son is interested in watching the Superbowl (he is 6), so I really want to watch it live with him. But, he has a church activity which means he won't be home until about 1.5 hours after kickoff. I will probably dvr it, wait for him to get home and then watch it together 'live'. That built in delay means probably no guests or parties this year. Just me and my boy.Now I just have to explain to him why I am cheering against both teams.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game
I, however, am.
I live in Phoenix so I will be enjoying all the festivites but come game time I will be watching the game outside the stadium at Westgate.
I'm going to the game as well ... what is the parking/tailgating scene going to be? I was reading somewhere you had to pay like $99 for stadium parking or something? I'd imagine there will be a score of lots before the stadium, correct? Just want to try to figure out my pre-game as much as possible.TIA :)
I am new to Phoenix so I can't help you much. I was at the Stadium 2 weeks ago and the whole area was on lock down. The "NFL Experience" was set up in the west side parking lot so that will not be available. It looked like they were opening new lots farther out. Since this is the SB all the rules are different so I would have a plan B in case you can't tailgate. I would suggest Westgate City Center as a plan B; it is one block north of the stadium. There will be allot going on there, below is the link.http://www.westgateaz.com/

There will be parties all over the city (they started last weekend) I would check that out too. Admission ranges from Free to $10,000.

Yea, this weekend is going to be crazy with parties! Friday night we're going to the Snoop Dogg block party (not sure ticket prices on that), Saturday we're going to the Playboy party ($3000 a ticket, but I got mine for free!) , and then Sunday, I'm throwing a Superbowl party (free admission).

Oh and I think I'm going to go for that 42" Vizio HDTV 1080 p for my Superbowl party! I saw one at Costco and :bag: it looked pretty good to me! Anyone own a Vizio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, this weekend is going to be crazy with parties! Friday night we're going to the Snoop Dogg block party (not sure ticket prices on that), Saturday we're going to the Playboy party ($3000 a ticket, but I got mine for free!) , and then Sunday, I'm throwing a Superbowl party (free admission). Oh and I think I'm going to go for that 42" Vizio HDTV 1080 p for my Superbowl party! I saw one at Costco and ;) it looked pretty good to me! Anyone own a Vizio?
I owned a Vizio for about 4 months, great tv, great picture go for it :mellow:

Yea, this weekend is going to be crazy with parties! Friday night we're going to the Snoop Dogg block party (not sure ticket prices on that), Saturday we're going to the Playboy party ($3000 a ticket, but I got mine for free!) , and then Sunday, I'm throwing a Superbowl party (free admission). Oh and I think I'm going to go for that 42" Vizio HDTV 1080 p for my Superbowl party! I saw one at Costco and :thumbup: it looked pretty good to me! Anyone own a Vizio?
My roommate has a Vizio. As far as HD goes, it's nothing special, but it still obviously beats the hell out of non-HD. For the price it's worth it.

I CAN"T BELIEVE I DID THIS. You guys can feel free to destroy me on here for this. In October my boss walks out and says "hey, schedule this training clase sometime in January or February" OK, no problem right. I wanted to go somewhere relatively close to me in Central PA so I could take the wife along (Solid, company pays for us to go on dates every night! And the grandparents will have the kids...awesome right?). Well, the closest destination was Columbus OH, so I booked it. Not even paying attention to the DATE which was FEBRUARY 4-6 meaning we have to leave to leave SUNDAY MORNING!!! Unreal. I could have puked when I realized what I had done. By that time it was too late to schedule elsewhere for a different date. Sooo, the wife and I will get a bottle of Jamison and order some pizza and wings to our hotel and enjoy the game in our room I reckon.

In the meantime, we've been invited to at least 3 big Super Bowl parties, with each phone call I could walk over to our sliding glass door and repeaatedly slam my head in it for being such an idiot.

--S

I CAN"T BELIEVE I DID THIS. You guys can feel free to destroy me on here for this. In October my boss walks out and says "hey, schedule this training clase sometime in January or February" OK, no problem right. I wanted to go somewhere relatively close to me in Central PA so I could take the wife along (Solid, company pays for us to go on dates every night! And the grandparents will have the kids...awesome right?). Well, the closest destination was Columbus OH, so I booked it. Not even paying attention to the DATE which was FEBRUARY 4-6 meaning we have to leave to leave SUNDAY MORNING!!! Unreal. I could have puked when I realized what I had done. By that time it was too late to schedule elsewhere for a different date. Sooo, the wife and I will get a bottle of Jamison and order some pizza and wings to our hotel and enjoy the game in our room I reckon.In the meantime, we've been invited to at least 3 big Super Bowl parties, with each phone call I could walk over to our sliding glass door and repeaatedly slam my head in it for being such an idiot.--S
For shame. You remind me of my friends who book their wedding the Saturday of the NFL Draft. This is the second year in a row I have a wedding on the NFL Draft Weekend. How can people be so short-sighted & selfish!!! Unbelievable!!!

I CAN"T BELIEVE I DID THIS. You guys can feel free to destroy me on here for this. In October my boss walks out and says "hey, schedule this training clase sometime in January or February" OK, no problem right. I wanted to go somewhere relatively close to me in Central PA so I could take the wife along (Solid, company pays for us to go on dates every night! And the grandparents will have the kids...awesome right?). Well, the closest destination was Columbus OH, so I booked it. Not even paying attention to the DATE which was FEBRUARY 4-6 meaning we have to leave to leave SUNDAY MORNING!!! Unreal. I could have puked when I realized what I had done. By that time it was too late to schedule elsewhere for a different date. Sooo, the wife and I will get a bottle of Jamison and order some pizza and wings to our hotel and enjoy the game in our room I reckon.In the meantime, we've been invited to at least 3 big Super Bowl parties, with each phone call I could walk over to our sliding glass door and repeaatedly slam my head in it for being such an idiot.--S
For shame. You remind me of my friends who book their wedding the Saturday of the NFL Draft. This is the second year in a row I have a wedding on the NFL Draft Weekend. How can people be so short-sighted & selfish!!! Unbelievable!!!
Indeed, and if this is indicative of how my 2008 is going to go...I'm in for a LOOOONG year.

LMAO with you guys and your big TVs. I got into the HDTV game early on, so I still have my original 27". I suddenly have a Napoleonic complex. :shrug:

All kidding aside, my fellas have to gather at my place because of karma. We'll have a whole deep-fried turkey, wings, a tray of Emeril's Kicked Up Mac & Cheese (great recipe, highly recommended), beer, binoculars (so my friends can see my TV) and champagne to (hopefully) toast the winner.

Enjoy the game, fellas.

I am going to my brothers house, like I do every year. He has a 120 inch screen (he uses a hd projector) with surround sound. Most of the player are bigger then I am. SWEEEEEEEEEET. He smokes meat all morning long and we just pig out and drink.....mmmmmmmmm.. beer. One of the best days of the year! Even better if anyone but the Patriots win!!

So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl? I couldn't be happier for this Superbowl...Giants are in it and it's in my state! Whoo hoo!! :lmao: Unfortunately, I'm not going to the game...but that's ok because I'm going to throw an awewsome Superbowl party!! Lots of beer, food, friends - it's going to be great. I actually need to buy a new tv too because that's definitely crucial for watching the game. Any recommendations on what's a good tv brand? Samsung and Sony are a little too expensive for me. I heard Vizio was pretty good...any suggestions?Thanks
Superbowl Party :no: with lots of Pats fans ( :boxing: ) and Giants fans ( :topcat: ) all under one roof. :thumbup:

Taking Superbowl Monday off work to watch the game with some mates. They are amongst the blessed few that even know the game is on over here.

We have a couple of Niners fans, a Rams fan and a Patriot or two amongst the group, who through one way or another have all managed to squirm their respective ways out of working Monday and replacing it with a day of beer, steaks and football.

The beauty of taking the Monday off means that Sunday night should be a belter as well!!

Yep, this about sums it up for me and most of my my relatives and friends here in the midwest. Two Northeastern teams playing...yawn...little interest at all. The New England Cheatriots are the most boring team in the history of the league. Everyone I know will be "thinking" about tuning in every now and then and that's about it. Very boring game this year as everyone expects the cheaters to win.I even read an article about how the Cheatriots were bad for the economy with less Super Bowl parties being planned because of them this year, how fewer people outside the center-of-the-universe Northeast are planning on watching and how even advertisers have seen this and are not scrambling as much to buy up advertising time (commercials) for the game. Yawn...can't wait for next year...

Roll out of bed. Turn on TV. Watch Superbowl in crappy 4:3.

GB spending 12K on a TV when 99% of the stuff (including everything on cable) is still broadcast in SD (or worse) down here.

/rant

Users who are viewing this thread