What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the one scenario you don't want to see for your team this (1 Viewer)

With the draft kicking off tonight I was thinking about what I would like to see as a fan tonight and over the rest of the weekend. As a Lions fan, this draft is more relaxing than past ones. I feel like from where the Lions are positioned in the draft they really can't screw things up. One of Suh, McCoy or Okung will be the pick.

The only scenario that would really make me upset would involve the Lions trading down and ending up with Spiller. I have heard from a few places that the Lions are very high on Spiller, so if they were to trade back some that may be who they target. I wouldn't be happy about them trading back at all, but if they traded back and addressed the lines I could deal with it.

So what scenario are you fearing for your team as we head into the draft?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chiefs

worst case scenario is taking another OT at #5.

next worst case scenario is trading down and getting awful value just for the sake of trading down.

With the draft kicking off tonight I was thinking about what I would like to see as a fan tonight and over the rest of the weekend. As a Lions fan, this draft is more relaxing than past ones. I feel like from where the Lions are positioned in the draft they really can't screw things up. One of Suh, McCoy or Okung will be the pick. The only scenario that would really make me upset would involve the Lions trading down and ending up with Spiller. I have heard from a few places that the Lions are very high on Spiller, so if they were to trade back some that may be who they target. I wouldn't be happy about them trading back at all, but if they traded back and addressed the lines I could deal with it. So what scenario are you fearing for your team as we head into the draft?
Id vomit in my mouth if that happened... if Millen was still there id be worried but that new regime there knows what they are doing so that's a lot of talk imo.

No Dez Bryant please. Actually, anyone but Puncey, Iupati or Mclain will make for a bad day for me.

For the Pats, I'd be really upset to see them take Tebow in the first. (I'm hoping they trade the pick for him, in the second round, to the Jags for their 2011 1st round pick.)

I'd love for the Pats to finally have a top TE again, but I'd hate for them to draft yet another one in the first round and have them not pan out.

Heading into the season with the face of the franchise a sexual predator.
i'll give you Cassel straight up.
If he were mine to deal, it'd be done already.
Yeah because guys that abuse women in one way or another in bars are very popular in KC, right? Well, at least he didn't punch her, that will get you a ticket out of town like LJ.
if LJ were producing, none of that crap would have mattered.

Birds using one of their second round picks to take a QB is up there. Birds using one of them to take Tebow would make me want to kick my dog. :lol:

Eagles:

[*]Using their first on Taylor Mays

[*]Using a 2nd round pick on a QB

[*]Still having Michael Vick on the roster on Sunday

Couldn't choose just one :yes:

Cowboys-

NO TAYLOR "Baby Roy Williams" MAYS!

NO DEZ BRYANT

NO ridiculous trades....Other Roy Williams type deals.

Chargers - Need AJ Smith to not get cute and really help the team. No Craig Davis, or moving up to grab Weddle or Jacob Hester. Ugh
Need Chargers to go best player available and get a 'good' RB in rounds 2-3.
I think they have to take a defensive lineman in round 1, particularly If Price or Williams are there. And if either one is there with the 2nd round pick I hope he takes them there too, maybe Cody or Odrich as well. I'll cry if they take a safety in the 1st couple of rounds.

Eagles:

Couldn't choose just one :nerd:
Those two don't fit together. If Vick were traded, the importance of a ready backup would dramatically increase and the Eagles couldn't afford to wait too long. Counting on a late round QB for your backup is a BAD PLAN! Chances are pretty good you're gonna be pissed, because Andy is sure to take a QB in this draft, no later then early third.Still...I'd be pissed if we spent our first or early second on a QB...ESPECIALLY if that Qb was Tebow. The late second would depend on what QB's were gone and whether we could afford to wait another half round.

Heading into the season with the face of the franchise a sexual predator.
i'll give you Cassel straight up.
If he were mine to deal, it'd be done already.
Yeah because guys that abuse women in one way or another in bars are very popular in KC, right? Well, at least he didn't punch her, that will get you a ticket out of town like LJ.
if LJ were producing, none of that crap would have mattered.
Maybe not to the fans, but to the NFL and their suspensions it would have.

Like everyone else, dreading Taylor Mays.

I expect them to just snag BPA from whoever is sliding, but I'm ok with Grisham like everyone is projecting if they actually intend to start throwing to the TE. I have a feeling I will be unhappy with this pick come September though once they confirm on the field that TE will continue to be a block 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position in Cincy. Grisham strictly as a blocker cannot possibly be worth a 1st round pick.

I will be very dissapointed if the Bengals do not draft a QB at any point. If you were to look at the Bengals offensive roster, you'd have to assume they expect the world to end in 2012. Being greedy, I'd like to see Pike or Lefevour in the 3rd, but just so they come up with SOMETHING it is ok with me.

Dallas: Drafting Taylor Mays or Bruce Campbell at 27.
Heh. I was going to say the exact same thing for the Packers who pick at #23. Especially Mays.
This...or the rumors of moving up.I don't mind moving up some...but the rumor is about moving towards the top 10 for Baluga.Looking at the possible value charts for what it would take for them to move up that far...I really really really hope its not the case (and does not seem like anything Thompson would do anyway.He might move up in the 2nd round though.

As a Bengals fan who sees Taylor Mays frequently mocked to us, thinking he's a good fit for Zimmer's defense and a USC guy that we liked I'm a bit surprised by all the Mays hate. We need a safety so I'd be fine with him actually (assuming we can't either of the other 2).

I absolutely don't want to see us take a TE with our first pick (and I really doubt that is going to happen - despite all the mocks giving us Gresham). I just think there's a lot more value in rounds 2 and 3 at that position.

I don't want to see us take any WR not named Dez Bryant in Round 1. Given the Jerome Simpson experience, I'd hope that they keep away from small school guys who are moving fast up the board as well.

Trading down a couple spots if there is still a parcel of guys we like still there would be great (though it seldom ever happens).

Rather not see us trade up (not that it's likely) since we have a hard enough time signing our first-rounders.

I really think we are going to get a good player at #21 so that's really it in terms of realistic scenarios. They can go a lot of ways with the pick - there is no crying need we have to fill like there was when we picked Moobs last year at #6. I'm actually cautiously optimistic that Mikey Boy won't be able to mess this up.

-QG

I think Zimmer will be the one guy who can maximize what Mays has to offer.

Like Cheese, I'd like to see a QB with either the supplemental 3rd-rounder or in the 4th. I don't want to see one of those late-round flyer types they usually grab (wherefore art thou Casey Bramlett?).

Oh and I forgot to add that I really want them to draft that kicker out of Tarleton State. If they do this in round 5 I'll be fine with it. If they are able to snag him round 6 so much the better. If they don't/can't him I'd still love to see them draft a kicker before round 7. Heck, take a guy in round 1. Anything to get Shanks Graham out of there!

While I think the Rutgers kid is doing fine at LS, I wouldn't be overly shocked if they looked her in round 7. I don't think they need to, but with as many picks as they have it's at least plausible. Hope it doesn't happen (though I'm biased cuz I met his mom-in-law when I went to the playoff game in January :bag: )

-QG

Redskins:

Trading up to take Bradford or taking Clausen with 4th.

Not taking an Offensive Lineman...again.

M

As a Lions fan: Not getting Suh, no matter what the circumstances are, would bum me out.

Obviously there'd be varying degrees of disappointment depending on who they take or what sort of trade offer they accept, etc... but at the end of the day, regardless of the reason, I'll be at least a little bit bummed if I don't get to watch Suh in the Honolulu Blue and Silver next year. :hophead:

For me it would be a QB with our 24th or 37th picks. With one caveat, if somehow Clausen fell to 24, I would have no problem grabbing him. But since I don't see that happening, I really REALLY would be left scratching my head if we took another signal caller with one of our two top picks.

I would also be shocked if we went WR early, but that wouldn't anger me, just confuse me.

As a Lions fan: Not getting Suh, no matter what the circumstances are, would bum me out. Obviously there'd be varying degrees of disappointment depending on who they take or what sort of trade offer they accept, etc... but at the end of the day, regardless of the reason, I'll be at least a little bit bummed if I don't get to watch Suh in the Honolulu Blue and Silver next year. :hophead:
IMO...how are they not on the phone pushing their 2nd round pick for Haynesworth?Then draft Okung.Looks better to me to have Okung/Haynesworth than Suh/Campbell (or other 2nd round OT)

Eagles:

Couldn't choose just one :hophead:
Those two don't fit together. If Vick were traded, the importance of a ready backup would dramatically increase and the Eagles couldn't afford to wait too long. Counting on a late round QB for your backup is a BAD PLAN! Chances are pretty good you're gonna be pissed, because Andy is sure to take a QB in this draft, no later then early third.Still...I'd be pissed if we spent our first or early second on a QB...ESPECIALLY if that Qb was Tebow. The late second would depend on what QB's were gone and whether we could afford to wait another half round.
They could sign Jeff Garcia again.

Eagles:

Couldn't choose just one :lmao:
They could sign Jeff Garcia again.
Yup, Garcia would be the best option IMO. There are other veterans out there as well. Vick adds nothing to this team.Edit: I still think they need to draft a third string QB... just not any higher than the 3rd or 4th round. There are too many other holes to fill (S/CB/SAM LB/DE/OL)

As a Lions fan: Not getting Suh, no matter what the circumstances are, would bum me out.

Obviously there'd be varying degrees of disappointment depending on who they take or what sort of trade offer they accept, etc... but at the end of the day, regardless of the reason, I'll be at least a little bit bummed if I don't get to watch Suh in the Honolulu Blue and Silver next year. :shrug:
IMO...how are they not on the phone pushing their 2nd round pick for Haynesworth?Then draft Okung.

Looks better to me to have Okung/Haynesworth than Suh/Campbell (or other 2nd round OT)
While I think Haynesworth would be more productive in Detroit playing for his old coach, I want Suh. I also think it is more likely that the 2nd round pick is a RB or a CB than an OT. I think they have their sights set on Best if he is available. Although if Mathews somehow made it that far he would be a great pick as well.

Obviously there'd be varying degrees of disappointment depending on who they take or what sort of trade offer they accept, etc... but at the end of the day, regardless of the reason, I'll be at least a little bit bummed if I don't get to watch Suh in the Honolulu Blue and Silver next year. :moneybag:
IMO...how are they not on the phone pushing their 2nd round pick for Haynesworth?Then draft Okung.

Looks better to me to have Okung/Haynesworth than Suh/Campbell (or other 2nd round OT)
While I think Haynesworth would be more productive in Detroit playing for his old coach, I want Suh. I also think it is more likely that the 2nd round pick is a RB or a CB than an OT. I think they have their sights set on Best if he is available. Although if Mathews somehow made it that far he would be a great pick as well.
As a Packer fan...I hope they do keep ignoring their Oline.

Cowboys- NO TAYLOR "Baby Roy Williams" MAYS!NO DEZ BRYANTNO ridiculous trades....Other Roy Williams type deals.
Man, I would love to see Dez come here. He could get eased in a bit, and Miles could show him what to do while Roy could show him what not to do :lmao:I think Romo getting to throw to Miles and Dez and Felix would make this the most-dangerous-after-the-catch team in the NFL

I really don't want to see the Jags draft CJ Spiller. Not only do I not think he's worth taking in the top-10, but RB is pretty much the only position the Jags are set at.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Clausen go there, or Tebow if they can trade down. I think the David Garrard era has pretty much run its course.

Given my choice, I'd like to see Pouncey go there. They took 2 OT's last year, adding the best center prospect this year(and arguably since Mangold in 2006) could mean the O-line could be pretty much set for a very long time.

Picking Pierre-Paul. We're not deep enough to take a shot on a project guy like that yet.

Also, I keep hearing DeMaryius Thomas, I hope that doesn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread