What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you fart in front of your significant other? (1 Viewer)

Do you fart in front of your significant other?

• Yes, proudly. It's a natural bodily function!

Votes: 108 65.9%
  • No (at least not on purpose)

Votes: 56 34.1%

• Total voters
I assume you mean out loud, which of course. Farts are funny.

Would be curious as to the percent of wives who join in on the fun.

Do I? I even announce what is about to happen so we can enjoy the moment together - the exception being in the car when no one want to sit with that stench hanging around.

Last edited:
I do periodically so I voted yes, but it’s not all the time.

I hate it when she does (which I can count on one hand of the times I know she did in 30+ years of knowing each other) as it is a huge turn off for me. I know I’m inconsistent in this but I hate it and she knows it.

Btw, the recovery room in the colonoscopy centers is kinda hilarious.

For those that don't know, they usually want you to rip before leaving. And there's air involved in the procedure, so it's not normally a problem. It can sound pretty funny hearing folks ripping *** all over when they are already stoned from their procedures.

Way back when when we were "kids" and had been dating a little while we were in her bedroom and I was trying to keep the "air" in but the longer I tried the worse it got. Finally let it rip and it lasted for what felt like 30 seconds. She knew I was the one right then.

I once lit a fart for her while I was courting the future Mrs. Eephus back in the early 80s, She wasn't a camper and doesn't have brothers so she'd never heard of the phenomenon before. She was duly impressed and we're still together.

Up until 2 years ago I thought this was folklore. My wife's coworder assured me it was not, and a few hours later at the ski cabin showed me the proof. Amazing.

I wish there were three options:

1. Yes, and I do so intentionally and find it funny.
2. Yes, but not intentionally and will avoid it if I can.
3. Never.

I say this because my wife and I fall squarely in option 2. Neither of us tries to do it (and we aren't proud of it and usually say something like "sorry" or "excuse me") but we've been married for ten years where inevitably it has just occurred. So, under the poll, I had to answer "yes" but don't think that accurately tells the story.

This would be an interesting poll because, as somebody who doesn't think farts are at all funny, I know I'm in the minority on that but would like to see just how in the minority my position is.

This would be an interesting poll because, as somebody who doesn't think farts are at all funny, I know I'm in the minority on that but would like to see just how in the minority my position is.
You are literally the only one.

You are literally the only one.
I always assumed that, but would love to have such assumption confirmed by scientific data.

if you think farts are not funny then you're doing them wrong... Nothing like a little crop dusting as you walk by a gb on a green to mess with his mental state before a big putt

I think that position support may vanish like a fart in the wind.

My ex wife had a friend from high school who she’d make me visit on occasion. Her and her husband would rip farts next to each other all evening, both laughing uncontrollably……….I thought they both were disgusting.

My ex wife had a friend from high school who she’d make me visit on occasion. Her and her husband would rip farts next to each other all evening, both laughing uncontrollably……….I thought they both were disgusting.

Farting in front of your SO <> farting in front of everyone else.

I can't imagine having to hide farts from my wife. I mean, I'm not going and farting in her face or anything but if I have to fart I'm not getting up and leaving the bedroom. Seems really stupid.

Best part of farting with your SO is doing a Dutch Oven.
I don't get this at all. I once watched my college buddy, who is now like a literal brain surgeon or something, do this to his poor girlfriend (now wife) and laugh uncontrollably and I stood there dumbfounded.

I don't get it.

I don't force it, but I don't just sit there all uncomfortable like either. If needed, yes.

My wife thinks they are hilarious. Me not so much.

Users who are viewing this thread