What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you usually wash your hands after you pee? (1 Viewer)

Do you usually wash your hands after you pee?

• Yes

Votes: 124 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 21.0%

• Total voters
Serious answer - of course - I'm not some weirdo..........

At home though it might be hand sanitizer.....

Follow up question to those who voted yes...

When you wake up in the middle of the night to pee... do you wash your hands before going back to bed?

Define "wash". Is soap required to qualify as a wash?
Right. I definitely always rinse my hands but I concede I don't always give them a thorough wash - even though I did a live study in a Health class in college that shows the disparity in impact between just a quick rinse and a thorough wash with soap up to the wrists.

Why are you rinsing your hands if you aren't using soap? That one makes no sense to me
Because it's a medium between being quick and not feeling like a disgusting slob.

For an example you can maybe relate to, we usually have maybe 2-5 minutes at the turn to head in, order a drink and maybe a light bite, and use the restroom without holding up the group behind us. So, it's a quick order and a pee with a quick hand rinse and then it's off to hole 10.

Why are you rinsing your hands if you aren't using soap? That one makes no sense to me
Rinsing is sufficient to remove germs from most surfaces. Human hands are different because they have oil, which is where the soap comes in.

On the other hand, urine is sterile so not much in the way of germs to wash off. I do use soap after going number 2.

In a public bathroom yes. At home, only if my hands feel dirty.
This is me as well....although my wife constantly reminds me that I am a disgusting human being and setting a poor example for our teenage sons when I don't wash my hands after I pee at home.

I guess my point is - why make the effort to go to a sink a turn on the water (automatic or not) and not spend the extra 2 seconds putting on soap. That's like making the effort to brush your teeth but not putting toothpaste on the tooth brush

Wash or skip all together ...... :shrug:

Rinsing is sufficient to remove germs from most surfaces. Human hands are different because they have oil, which is where the soap comes in.

On the other hand, urine is sterile so not much in the way of germs to wash off. I do use soap after going number 2.
No it’s not.

Sometimes......not generally,
Definitely not in a public bathroom. Things in there way more dirty than my member.
After I shower it's the CLEANEST thing on my whole body for the rest of the day!
Unless I pee on myself ......which hardly ever happens. I'm good at this,,,,doing it for a while,
And sometimes I wash my hands BEFORE I pee. Why put dirty hands there??
Where has your penis been?
It's been in my pants all day in my underwear with pants over that.
2 layers!
How dirty can it get!!??

I guess my point is - why make the effort to go to a sink a turn on the water (automatic or not) and not spend the extra 2 seconds putting on soap. That's like making the effort to brush your teeth but not putting toothpaste on the tooth brush

Wash or skip all together ...... :shrug:

Because they’re ****ing weirdos, Bell! All of them!

Much like my golf swing, if I just twist my body to the left a little I can pee w/o ever touching anything other than the elastic on my shorts/pants.

I still watch my hands because I have to flush.

The only time I never wash my hands is when the drying apparatus is one of those rolling towels that goes back into the machine hanging on the wall.

No it’s not.
Correction: urine is not sterile. It has low levels of bacteria and is generally considered nontoxic.

In a public bathroom yes. At home, only if my hands feel dirty.
The public bathroom faucets and doors are far, far more gross than you holding your junk for a few seconds. It's proven to be so. I do the opposite. Don't touch a thing at the public places. Wash hands at home.

I always wash, then grab a paper towel and use that to turn off the faucet. And open the door. Seems like most public bathrooms realize people do this since there's almost always a trash can next to the door now.

Users who are viewing this thread