What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you want to see in the Super Bowl? (1 Viewer)

The Super Bowl Matchup I Want To See Is…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the first time in several years where all the potential matchups look good to me. In that respect, I don't care who makes it.

Jalen Hurts story (benched in the college championship game to potential SB winner) is great.
Mr. Irrelevant story is great.
Seeing the Bengals lose in the biggest game, then work all the way back to it would be great.
Watching the generational talent of Mahomes achieve a second ring would be great.

Happy to see any of those stories play out.

I will say this: I stayed home during Wild Card Weekend, but then I went to Buffalo Wild Wings both last Saturday and Sunday to watch the divisional playoffs. I plan on going back up there on Sunday. I haven't made plans on what I'm going to do for the Super Bowl matchup, but I will say this: if it's Bengals-49ers, then I'm staying home & watching the game!

Besides, it only makes sense to have the Kelce brothers on opposite sides since I don't think there has ever been a Super Bowl where a pair of siblings on opposite sides.

Last edited:
Nobody wants PHI / KC 🥹
It’s weird, I think that would be a great matchup and Andy Reid vs the Eagles would be pretty cool.

Love this. Giants fans are salty about Sirianni, but I love him - he's the perfect representation for the Philadelphia.

That's game! F*** you!

I know what the f*** I'm doing, and I'm allowed to be down here.

Would love to see Andy go up against the Eagles.

Hurts, Purdy, Mahomes, Burrow - there are no wrong answers here.

Put me in the "All the matchups would be great" camp, with the caveat that if Mahomes is truly hobbled, that might make a KC matchup less interesting (or more, if we see him learn on the fly how to turn himself into a great stationary QB a la Phillip Rivers)

From the media narrative perspective, there's the Andy Reid Bowl, 2019 SB rematch and Niners-Cinci Part III all on the table. Philly-Cinci is the only one without a narrative, though it may be the most interesting schematically.

Being an Eagles fan, that side is easy.
I'm a Joe Burrow and Ja'Marr Chase fan so that would be fun but it feels wrong to pick against the Eagles vs Andy Reid in a Kelce Bowl.

As long as KC wins, I don't necessarily care about the NFC team. Neutral fan, matchup wise, all these 4 teams are great. Andy Reid/Jason vs Travis Kelce stories are cool. Brock Purdy story is cool.
I want Mahomes, who is highly likely the league MVP, to join what I think is only Steve Young, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady as the only players to win multiple league MVPs and multiple Super Bowls.

I'm pulling for Cincy to win the SB so their mainly long suffering fan base can feel the joy of a SB victory but can't say at this point I feel one way or another about having a rooting interest for who they face.
Yes as the only one of the four not to win one yet they are easy to root for.

Last edited:
A San Fran vs. Cinci Super Bowl would bring back memories of this...

I wouldn't necessarily goes as far to say "nostalgic" memories... that toy was extremely difficult to enjoy.

Philly and Cincy since I want to see the two best teams.
That would be SF and cincy

Also, I have a couple nice cincy shirts and a cincy black Panther bobble head from the FBG t shirt exchange, so I can pretend to be a cincy fan.
Still won’t ever pretend to like Ohio 😝

Still won’t ever pretend to like Ohio
I've never been, but one of my most fiercely loyal and longest-running customers is Jungle Jim's - massive international markets. There's one in Eastgate & one in Fairfield. They've been buying from me all 10 years I've been in business, long before H.O. fame.

Have a soft spot for OH as a result, though obviously I'll be rooting for SF.

Still won’t ever pretend to like Ohio
I've never been, but one of my most fiercely loyal and longest-running customers is Jungle Jim's - massive international markets. There's one in Eastgate & one in Fairfield. They've been buying from me all 10 years I've been in business, long before H.O. fame.

Have a soft spot for OH as a result, though obviously I'll be rooting for SF.
Understood.
I grew up and went to college in SE Michigan. It can be a friendly rivalry, and not so friendly at times.
I did some recruiting in Ohio. Cincy (UC) was great. The law schools in Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland were less than awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread