What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you want to see in the Super Bowl? (1 Viewer)

The Super Bowl Matchup I Want To See Is…

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Phi vs KC. Im a Phi fan and I believe KC would be easier for Phi to beat than Cin.

I will say this: I stayed home during Wild Card Weekend, but then I went to Buffalo Wild Wings both last Saturday and Sunday to watch the divisional playoffs. I plan on going back up there on Sunday. I haven't made plans on what I'm going to do for the Super Bowl matchup, but I will say this: if it's Bengals-49ers, then I'm staying home & watching the game!

Besides, it only makes sense to have the Kelce brothers on opposite sides since I don't think there has ever been a Super Bowl where a pair of siblings on opposite sides.
I know I'm getting old when this used to be my favorite part of watching football, and now the thought of it make me cringe. People being loud, food taking forever, not as comfortable as home...I just want everybody to get off my lawn...

I think Philly and Cinn would be the best matchup,

Would be happy with any of these though. Wish Mahomes could get an new ankle before Sunday.

I want CIncy vs SF for pure selfish reasons as I need that to have a shot at my playoff fantasy league.

In all honesty I would enjoy any match up here. We got lucky and no "bad" team has managed to sneak into the championship game through a run of luck.

Still won’t ever pretend to like Ohio
I've never been, but one of my most fiercely loyal and longest-running customers is Jungle Jim's - massive international markets. There's one in Eastgate & one in Fairfield. They've been buying from me all 10 years I've been in business, long before H.O. fame.

Have a soft spot for OH as a result, though obviously I'll be rooting for SF.
Whoa, awesome! When I was in your hot sauce contest, I went to your website and used the store locator out of curiosity, and didn't get any results near me. So at that point I assumed you just didn't sell out East at all. But that is about 50 miles from me, so maybe it was just out of range of the search radius. Very cool to know.

I've never been, but one of my most fiercely loyal and longest-running customers is Jungle Jim's - massive international markets. There's one in Eastgate & one in Fairfield. They've been buying from me all 10 years I've been in business, long before H.O. fame.

Whoa, awesome! When I was in your hot sauce contest, I went to your website and used the store locator out of curiosity, and didn't get any results near me. So at that point I assumed you just didn't sell out East at all. But that is about 50 miles from me, so maybe it was just out of range of the search radius. Very cool to know.
Yeah they have 8-10 varieties at all times.

Search defaults to 30 miles I think.

I will say this: I stayed home during Wild Card Weekend, but then I went to Buffalo Wild Wings both last Saturday and Sunday to watch the divisional playoffs. I plan on going back up there on Sunday. I haven't made plans on what I'm going to do for the Super Bowl matchup, but I will say this: if it's Bengals-49ers, then I'm staying home & watching the game!

Besides, it only makes sense to have the Kelce brothers on opposite sides since I don't think there has ever been a Super Bowl where a pair of siblings on opposite sides.
I know I'm getting old when this used to be my favorite part of watching football, and now the thought of it make me cringe. People being loud, food taking forever, not as comfortable as home...I just want everybody to get off my lawn...
I'm with you. I strongly prefer watching the games by myself (my kids can be around, I suppose) in the comfort of my own home eating my own food and drinking my own beer...

I live in Cincy and go to the Eastgate location all the time. Had no idea your sauces were there!! Have been ordering directly from your website for myself and to give out as Christmas gifts and now I gotta hope the recipients don’t realize they can get their sauces right down the street!

What’s better for you, a website order or in store purchase?

I voted for SF vs CIN so we get a new winner, KC and PHI both have recent titles. But a Kelce bowl wouldn't be horrible, I like those guys and their podcast would be epic if one had direct bragging rights over the other in a SB.

I voted Phi vs KC. Im a Phi fan and I believe KC would be easier for Phi to beat than Cin.
yeah no doubt. KC can't stop the run and you're going to put Hurts AND Sanders on them? lol good luck. I don't want to see KC in the sb and get spanked by Eagles - oh, um, wait maybe I do...
seriously the better matchup would be Cincy. or even Bengals v SF 3rd time matched up against one another in the SB. Maybe this time Cincy pulls out the win.
but yeah Eagles are going to steamroll SF this weekend and probably take the AFC champs out behind the woodshed for an old school beat down

It’s weird because I don’t outright hate any of the possibilities for once. Removing the Pats from the equation gives me the opportunity to not feel like I’m rooting against an evil empire.

If Purdy wins, how cool to see for Mr Irr and all of the ripple to JimmyG/Lance fun in the off-season. Burrow is the perfect balance of cocky but not smug so he’s likable and would be fun to see him win. Hurts seems like such a great guy who was constantly under appreciated to see win the highest of highs would be cool. Mahomes, while yeah the Chiefs thing is getting kinda old, is at least a really stellar athlete who is fun to watch, like prime Jordan closing the deal back in the day.

While I’m at it….dear karma, please shed some good fortune on my personal fandom for not wishing any ill will on any of the other participating franchises 🤣

but yeah Eagles are going to steamroll SF this weekend and probably take the AFC champs out behind the woodshed for an old school beat down
You keep saying some form of this, and it doesn’t make it any more true by repeating it.. in case, you haven’t noticed, SF has 12 in a row, and nobody has steam rolled them. They have the number one defense remaining in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Has there ever been a time when a pair of brothers were on opposite sides of the Super Bowl as players? I know it's happened with coaches, i.e. Super Bowl XLVII (Harbaugh) but I don't think it's ever happened where the brothers have been on opposite sides as players. I think it only makes sense to have the Kelce brothers be the first family to accomplish that feat. If there's has been an instance in the past where a pair of brothers have played against each other in the Super Bowl, please let me know.

General sales direction is this is a great SB no matter what:
- In order best results...Eagles, Chiefs, Niners, Bengals...but difference is 15% or less
- Eagles and Chiefs best options for wholesalers, Bengals and Niners strong via E-com
- All options likely better than any result since Eagles '18

Niners - Bengals
Time for some Super Bowl 16 payback :boxing:
Or the hat trick. One of the two. :hifive:
Has a team ever gone 3-0 against the same opponent in the Super Bowl?
Just looked it up.

Only 4 rematches in Super Bowl history.

• Super Bowl XVII. Rematch: Washington Redskins 27, Miami Dolphins 17. ...
  • Super Bowl XXIII. Rematch: San Francisco 49ers 20, Cincinnati Bengals 16. ...
  • Super Bowl XXVIII. Rematch: Dallas Cowboys 30, Buffalo Bills 13.
  • XLVIFeb. 5, 2012
    Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)New York Giants 21, New England 17

If it’s SF/CIN, it would be the 1st time 2 teams would face off for a 3rd time.

Last edited:
This was the exact opposite of what I wanted to see...but I have to admit the Kelce Bowl and Andy Reid storylines should be intriguing. Honestly one of the few SB's where I couldn't care less who wins, just hope it's a good game. Which means it'll somehow be lopsided and uninteresting...

Users who are viewing this thread