What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the Most Famous Person from your High School and why don't I know who he or she is? (1 Viewer)

Nothing but the dead of night back in my little town

Fred Meijer (250+ supercenters / hypermarkets in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois and Wisconsin. Maybe more now, they’re always buying land and expanding.) Not to be confused with Fred Meyer who founded a 130 store hyper market model in the northwest.

Favorite hometown guy - Fred Bock. He flew a B-29 plane on the Nagasaki atomic bomb mission - his plane had the recording instruments. After the war he was a medical research scientist in Chicago. He came to speak at our school when I was growing up.
"Bockscar", his B-29, is in Dayton now at the Air Force Museum if you are interested in seeing it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Grohl - he did not graduate though, he dropped out of high school.  He was a lot younger than me but his sister and my brother were good friends.  The high school is Thomas Jefferson but I think when Grohl was in the 9th or 10th grade, he had to go to a neighboring high school due to the fact that TJHS was changed to a magnet high school after the class of 1988 graduated.  His mother was a teacher at TJ and she was so nice, everybody’s favorite.  My little brother use to go to parties and Grohl and his band would be playing sometimes.

Scott Norwood - such a nice guy  back in high school, I wish he made that FG.

Karl Towns grew up two houses down from where I grew up (and where my mom still lives), but went to a private high school.

Alumni is probably Anthony Davis, former OT for the 49ers.

I also went to high school with La La Anthony (she once asked me to be her Valentine and I said no), but she moved and graduated elsewhere.
Serious humblebro here. Not humblebrag, but humblebro. 

*fist bump*

Jesse Camp of Jesse and the 8th Street Kidz

I'm dead serious. Back when MTV tried to "make" its own talent. 

He was younger than me. We would have hit it off like all get loose in high school, both of us being into glam trash, but he sort of dropped out, I guess. 

Give it a rip. https://youtu.be/PrtQPP_KnZU

eta* He was one of the most hated MTV personalities in history. It was a few years too late for a New York Dolls schtick and a few years too early for it on the rebound. 

Biggest name everyone would know would be Macho Man.

In sports Cammi Granato (Womens Hockey) and David Edwards (current OL for LA Rams)

In movies Denise Richards did her freshman year and then moved to Hollywood.

Mark did live with his sister in your area as much as he did his dad here, so it's an easy story to confuse. No doubt they're an inland north county band. I lived in RB and Penasquitos in the early 90s. 3 years split between both. I'll always miss north county. Best times I had not counting college.
Never thought I would see PQ noted in a FBG thread.....

My HS had several it seems.  But to name a few....
Billy Beane
Eric Chavez
Steve Cherundolo
Eric Munson

and Adam Lambert

Winner: Will Ferrell (2 years ahead of me)

Honorable Mentions: Zack de la Rocha (1 year ahead of me), Ezra Klein
Is that University High in Irvine?

I guess I could Googlez but more fun this way :D

Older crowd it’d be Ben Crenshaw (golfer). Younger crowd it’d be Ben McKenzie (actor), Gary Clark Jr (musician), and the Bush twins. 
Austin area I presume... one of my friend's daughters is real good HS friends with Clark Jr.

---------

As for me, it'd probably be either Dan Quisenberry (MLB) or Jaime Pressly the actress.

Is that University High in Irvine?

I guess I could Googlez but more fun this way :D

Austin area I presume... one of my friend's daughters is real good HS friends with Clark Jr.

---------

As for me, it'd probably be either Dan Quisenberry (MLB) or Jaime Pressly the actress.
Costa Mesa HS.  I knew some guys that went there and knew Jaime Pressley...

Probably Ricky Proehl...one of our 3 NFL players. (all 3 won super bowls, which is pretty remarkable)

Not bad for a public high school in suburban New Jersey.

A couple of other small time actors and comedians (nobody really worth mentioning).

My HS basketball teammate was Tupac's half brother (same father...who he lived with, so I met him a bunch of times).

Ed McCaffrey

Though his brother Bill actually held more athletic records. 

Honorable mention: Christine Taylor (married to Ben Stiller and of "Hey Dude!" fame). I sat next to her in church once. 

Tom Runnells, former Manager of the Montreal Expos

**** & Charlie Monfort, owners of the Colorado Rockies

Shane Carwin, former UFC Heavyweight Champion

I mean we've got  NASA astronauts, politics types, and low rent sports stars like RB Chris Warren and some Dunn guy that played for the Twins .  But I gotta think the most interesting is Dave Brockie, vocalist and founder of the band GWAR.  So that's what our school turns out ... psychcopaths🤣

Richard Linklater - same high school Dazed and Confused is based on, but i went there 20 years later. They were still hazing freshman (but not nearly as much as depicted as in the 70’s) too.

Marcus Luttrell - former Navy Seal and author that the movie Lone Survivor is based on

Charles Harrelson - Woody Harrelson’s father, famous for killing a federal judge in the 70’s.

My personal favorite:

Erin Cummings - actress that was the wife of Spartacus in the Starz tv show a few years back 😍

ETA- James Posey. Won a ring with the Heat, and another with the Celtics. Currently an assistant coach with the Cavs. He would have been an 8th grader when I graduated.

Oh yeah, and Zoltan Mesko.
We got a Twinsburg Tiger in the house...  I am very familiar with Zoltan Mesko as one who coached against him throughout his HS career.  

From my high school, I guess the most famous would be Mike Vrabel.

2014 Miss America Nina Davuluri. Kate Upton was also born in my hometown but didn’t go to high school here.

For athletes, former NFL linebacker Rob Frederickson. His dad was my middle school woodshop teacher.

Eve Arden (actress)

Pat Paulsen (statesman, actor)

Kathleen Quinlan (actress)

Cintra Wilson (writer, social critic)

Courtney Thorne Smith (actress)

Tupac Shakur (dude)

Eta... Adam Steltzner (JPL rocket scientist, Curiosity Rover lead on descent and landing)
Tam?

Dave Grohl - he did not graduate though, he dropped out of high school.  He was a lot younger than me but his sister and my brother were good friends.  The high school is Thomas Jefferson but I think when Grohl was in the 9th or 10th grade, he had to go to a neighboring high school due to the fact that TJHS was changed to a magnet high school after the class of 1988 graduated.  His mother was a teacher at TJ and she was so nice, everybody’s favorite.  My little brother use to go to parties and Grohl and his band would be playing sometimes.

Scott Norwood - such a nice guy  back in high school, I wish he made that FG.

I went to middle school with Grohl.  But I think he only spent 1 year or less before he went elsewhere in Springfield/Annandale area.  I don't recall him at all but he's in my friends yearbook

I was 86... so we wouldn't have overlapped. but my brother was 80, so if she did drama or was on the track team it's likely they knew each other. or if she was from Sausalito.
nope, nope and nope.  She lived a few houses down from the 7-11 in Mill Valley.  We visited there last month and stayed in a ABB not far from the school.

Users who are viewing this thread