What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

William Barr Thread (1 Viewer)

whoknew said:
I know a lot of people complained about the hearings yesterday.

Interesting tweet just now from AOC - "The root of the problem is not necessarily format. It’s that there‘s so much pressure on members of both parties to spend time fundraising that it takes time away from deeply studying and preparing for hearings. If you want hearings to be better, get money out of politics."
There are a number of things I admire about AOC, but this is a terrible take, IMO.

"I wasn't able to prepare for this hearing because I was too busy fundraising, so I'm going to spend my time asking the witness basic questions to help me get up to speed" would be fine.

"I wasn't able to prepare for this hearing because I was too busy fundraising, so I'm going to grandstand and bluster and bloviate and bellow as stupidly and annoyingly as possible" is still dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of things I admire about AOC, but this is a terrible take, IMO.

"I wasn't able to prepare for this hearing because I was too busy fundraising, so I'm going to spend my time asking the witness basic questions to help me get up to speed" would be fine.

"I wasn't able to prepare for this hearing because I was too busy fundraising, so I'm going to grandstand and bluster and bloviate and bellow as stupidly and annoyingly as possible" is still dumb.
"I wasn't able to prepare for this hearing because I was too busy fundraising, so I hired an attorney with trial experience to ask questions in my place re: the topics I found most relevant and ripe" is the best answer but will likely never happen. 

Charlie Savage @charlie_savage

This WP story about how Bill Barr confidently, even pugnaciously, told CNN viewers about a massive mail-in ballots fraud incident in Texas that never happened, is a reminder of some other things like that. /1

Like that time in July when he said a surge of federal agents sent to Kansas City had made 200 arrests in two weeks, which was false.

Like that time in June when he told the public that the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York, Geoffrey Berman, had resigned, which was false

Like that time in April when he told Fox News that an inspector general Trump had fired, Michael Atkinson, tried to send the Ukraine whistleblower complaint to Congress without exec branch review and ignored DOJ, which was false

That same time in April he also told Fox News that the FBI had opened its 2016 investigation into whether Trump campaign officials were coordinating with Russia’s election interference “without any basis,” which was false.

And of course there was his description to the public of the then-still secret Mueller investigation report, which a federal judge said was so “distorted” and “misleading” that the judiciary could not trust his DOJ to be candid on that topic.

Its almost as though you can't trust anything the AG of the United States says, about anything....

I think many GOPers are taking note here. Hitching your wagon to the extremists can have some bad reprocussions. 
Taking note in what? The Democrats have been surrounding people’s homes for years. What does this post even mean? 

Crossing Trump and his extremists mean they will turn on you too... and even if you are like Barr who has gone out of his way to run cover for Trump.
Lol Barr has literally done nothing. Are you even serious right now? Cover for Trump.  :lmao:

Lol Barr has literally done nothing. Are you even serious right now? Cover for Trump.  :lmao:
His comments about the Mueller report?  

The other examples are all well cited in this thread of his activities for Trump.  I can lead you to the water, I can’t force you to drink.

Users who are viewing this thread