What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wish This Kid a Happy Birthday and I'll Fax You a Beer (1 Viewer)

Mom creates secret Facebook page to make birthday memorable for son with Asperger's
KALAMAZOO, Mich. - Birthdays may come and go each year, but one little Kalamazoo boy will be sure to remember his 11th for a lifetime.

Colin has Asperger's, a mild form of autism, and this year he told his mom there would be no point in throwing a birthday party. Colin said he didn't have any friends to invite. All of the kids at school "don't like me" and "make fun of me," Colin told his mom.

That's when Colin's mom took matters into her own hands, with the a little help from Facebook. She created a Facebook page entitled "Happy Birthday Colin."

The page reads: "I am Colin's mom, I created this page for my amazing, wonderful, challenging son who is about to turn 11 on March 9th. Because of Colin's disabilities, social skills are not easy for him, and he often acts out in school, and the other kids don't like him. So when I asked him if he wanted a party for his birthday, he said there wasn't a point because he has no friends. He eats lunch alone in the office everyday because no one will let him sit with them, and rather than force someone to be unhappy with his presence, he sits alone in the office. So I thought, if I could create a page where people could send him positive thoughts and encouraging words, that would be better than any birthday party. Please join me in making my very original son feel special on his day."

It has garnered the attention of over 30,000 friends and well-wishers sending Colin birthday wishes from around the world.

Colin's 11th birthday is on March 9, which is when his mom plans to unveil the page to her son.

There's still time! You can wish Colin a Happy Birthday on the Facebook page here.
FACEBOOK LINK

hey brohans i am not a facebbook but i hope you all sign in and wish him happy birthday kick butt and good on you officer for posting htis one up take that to the bank brohans

hey brohans i am not a facebbook but i hope you all sign in and wish him happy birthday kick butt and good on you officer for posting htis one up take that to the bank brohans
I love this guy

I'm trying to decide how this is going to affect this kid in ten years. I hope that sensitive women will be throwing themselves at him.

I have a nephew with Aspergers and the son of a very close friend. So many challenges that cannot be helped. I will wish him happy birthday but could you fax me a Diet Mt Dew instead? I'm Mormon, ya know?

I swear, you hate people sometimes and just when you think you've seen how low we can be to each other you see something like this. It's small and not a ton of work for anyone to click a link, but the small thought to just help make a kid happy even for a day is just awesome. We need to do this more and less of what I do for a living.

I swear, you hate people sometimes and just when you think you've seen how low we can be to each other you see something like this. It's small and not a ton of work for anyone to click a link, but the small thought to just help make a kid happy even for a day is just awesome. We need to do this more and less of what I do for a living.
Don't take this the wrong way, but while my job depresses the hell out of me sometimes, I can't imagine doing yours.

Don't take this the wrong way, but while my job depresses the hell out of me sometimes, I can't imagine doing yours.
Family law is by far the ####tiest and most miserable area of law I've ever touched.

And I do Dependency/CPS cases and routinely defend defendants charged with the most serious sexual offenses. Those are like a day at the beach compared to Family Law.

I drink.

I have a nephew with Aspergers and the son of a very close friend. So many challenges that cannot be helped. I will wish him happy birthday but could you fax me a Diet Mt Dew instead? I'm Mormon, ya know?
When did you become a jack Mormon?

holy cow man i just went and read that link and i feel better about people today right now brohans take that to the bank

My oldest son has aspergers, and it breaks my heart when I watch him struggle with social situations. He is very loving and just wants to belong. There are some good kids at this age, but the vast majority won't take the time to get to know someone who walks a slightly different path. My heart goes out to this family and all families who struggle with these issues.

Fennis said:
Mad Cow said:
Fennis said:
Mad Cow said:
When did you become a jack Mormon?
Caffeine being against anything is a common misconception.
yeah, I feel like I have been lead astray.
Now if I accepted the faxed beer, or drank coffee, then I would be a jack Mormon.

SWC said:

Mr.Pack
My good brohan SWC from Milwaukee says Happy Birthday Colin. And take that to the bank!Like Comment 14 seconds ago

Edit- scratch that. i misread something. Needed a bump anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to decide how this is going to affect this kid in ten years. I hope that sensitive women will be throwing themselves at him.
They will find his indifference to be intriguing, and obsessions exotic, and his angry outbursts to be dangerous.

:liked: BTW

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread