What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (1 Viewer)

He's gonna be running free a lot.  Kicking myself for not drafting him.  He's on my subscriber team at least...

He may end up with a 5-60 floor with possible TD upside, but I'd be willing to bet he does better than that most weeks.  He has a solid connection with Brady, still looks to have a lot of juice, and Evans seems to get dinged multiple times each game.  Near the end of the game, AB was gassed and broke off a route that Brady aired down the sideline. He could have had another big one there. Definitely worth the draft price.

Certainly a ceiling game- I’d expect 5-60 floors all year long, which is real nice 
I don't think a 5-60 floor exists for anybody in that offense. Some weeks it'll be Evans left out, some weeks Brown, some weeks Godwin, etc.

I wouldn't expect Tampa to be throwing as much either, most teams don't have an offense like Dallas to keep challenging the Bucs defense.

I don't mean to seem like I'm down on Brown, I just think that whole passing game(other than Brady) is going to be extremely inconsistent, even if everybody is in the WR2 range.

Welcome to the only hype train whose primary concern is whether or not the player in question is going to go mental at some point during the season.  He seems to be in love with TB, so hoping for the best.

Welcome to the only hype train whose primary concern is whether or not the player in question is going to go mental at some point during the season.
Fair point. However, I have been trained in facial expressions/body language/voice inflections for many years. When AB pulled off his helmet last night and flashed that trademarked smile, it encapsulated a books-worth of commentary, and was quite easy to read: He is back. He has learned from the past. He is happy. So, with his natural talent and excellent conditioning, the sky is indeed the limit.

(subject to change without prior notice)

Antonio Brown (knee) was removed from the Week 2 injury report.

The Bucs rested Brown in practice the last two days, but his status was never in doubt. Brown, who averaged over 20 yards per target in Week 1, is a high-upside WR2 for Sunday's Falcons matchup. 

Sep 18, 2021, 9:57 AM ET

COVID List

Would need two negative tests between 24 hours to play Sunday.

I believe the entire Bucs teak is vaccinated.

Last edited by a moderator:
COVID List

Would need two negative tests between 24 hours to play Sunday.

I believe the entire Bucs teak is vaccinated.
I’ve seen this, but unclear what it means to his status. Is it common or not to be able to test out quickly enough?

Buccaneers placed Antonio Brown on the COVID-19 list.

With the Buccaneers' Week 3 game against the Rams just four days away, Brown has limited time to be cleared to play. The wide receiver will need two negative tests, 24 hours apart before being eligible to play. The Athletic's Greg Auman believes that Tyler Johnson is more likely than Scotty Miller to pick up Brown's snaps, if he isn't cleared in time. Brown has an aDOT of 21.2 this season, and Miller would be a more natural fit for his role, but he has yet to be targeted this season. Both Miller and Johnson have played 20 snaps this season, and a split seems to be the most likely outcome. If Brown misses Week 3, it would be a boost to Chris Godwin, Mike Evans and Rob Gronkowski who could each see increased target share in Tampa Bay's pass heavy and high scoring attack.

RELATED: 

Mike Evans

, Chris Godwin

, Scotty Miller

, Rob Gronkowski

, Tyler Johnson

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Sep 22, 2021, 11:57 AM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown tested positive for COVID-19.

All vaccinated players who test positive must return two negative tests, 24 hours apart before being allowed to return. It's also possible that Brown is out for more than just one week if his case is serious. With just four days until kickoff, it's unlikely that he'll be able to play in the Bucs' Week 3 game against the Rams. Tyler Johnson is next in line to play the WR3 role for Tampa Bay but he could split snaps with Scotty Miller. With Brown sidelined, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin will be in for a modest boost in target share and both come in as solid WR2 options. 

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22, 2021, 5:51 PM ET

Antonio Brown (COVID-19) is expected to miss Week 3 against the Rams.

Brown's absence will open up snaps for one or both of Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson. Both players are capable but Tom Brady won't target them at the high rate he has Brown. As a result, Chris Godwin and Mike Evans should be expected to see a small boost in volume. Rob Gronkowksi may also see additional looks. Brady still remains locked in as a strong QB1 this week in what is shaping up to be a shootout with the Rams.

RELATED: 

Mike Evans

, Chris Godwin

, Scotty Miller

, Tyler Johnson

, Rob Gronkowski

SOURCE: Greg Auman on Twitter

Antonio Brown (COVID-19) is out for Week 3 against the Rams.

Brown's role is likely to be split by Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson. Both are capable players who should be able to earn targets, although not as capably as Brown. Chris Godwin and Mike Evans could both be in for big weeks if Buccaneers vs. Rams lives up to its game total. Both players have upside for additional targets this week in a game where Tampa Bay should be passing frequently.

RELATED: 

Chris Godwin

, Mike Evans

, Scotty Miller

, Tyler Johnson

, Tom Brady

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 25, 2021, 4:57 PM ET

Bucs coach Bruce Arians said Antonio Brown will be activated from the reserve/COVID-19 list on Thursday.

Brown missed Week 3 while on the COVID list. His return is timely as the Bucs just placed their fourth receiver, Scotty Miller, on injured reserve. After a 121-yard explosion in Week 1, Brown came back to earth in Week 2, totaling 17 yards on three targets. High volatility should be the expectation with Brown as he still sits behind Chris Godwin and Mike Evans in the pecking order. Despite the limited target volume, he has explosive weekly upside and will log enough practice reps this week to resume his normal role, making him a viable WR3 for fantasy purposes. 

SOURCE: Scott Smith on Twitter

Sep 29, 2021, 1:20 PM ET

Yes, I am (strongly) considering starting ABrown against New England.  I am wondering if anyone else sees this as a sort of "revenge" game? 

Brady wanted Brown when he was with the Patriots.  Might he make an effort to show Bill, "See we needed this guy"?  I know in the overall scheme of things, the victory is most important to Brady... but I am thinking he will want to put a little salt into the wound if possible.   Am I completely grasping at phantoms?

Yes, I am (strongly) considering starting ABrown against New England.  I am wondering if anyone else sees this as a sort of "revenge" game? 

Brady wanted Brown when he was with the Patriots.  Might he make an effort to show Bill, "See we needed this guy"?  I know in the overall scheme of things, the victory is most important to Brady... but I am thinking he will want to put a little salt into the wound if possible.   Am I completely grasping at phantoms?

I'm starting him because he's back and good. Don't need any narrative.

I was thinking same thing.  Just worried that the game gets out of hand so early, the Bucs wont need to go to the air and his opportunities might be limited.

I'm starting him because he's back and good. Don't need any narrative.
Of course.  In a vacuum, that works.  :)

I did not give the scoring rules for the league in question nor the rest of my squad or who I would sit to start him.  I was more just wanting to be sure I wasn't completely whacko for seeing this angle.  Important point?  I doubt it but sometimes I just like to hear another voice about something.  :)

This is more what I am thinking.

Another question I have is... who gets the benefit from knowing the other so well?  Brady playing against the Patriot defense.... or a certain coach defending against Brady?
Brady has struggled(by his standards anyway) against Belichick disciples. 

sometimes I just like to hear another voice about something.

Hear's mine:

I believe Brady wants the passing TD record this year. I believe that he wants a statement game in primetime against his former team/coach of 20 years.....in the very stadium that made him a legend.  I believe he has the weapons to do it. I believe that Arians won't blink in allowing him to run up the score, if possible. 

Of course, this is FF and anything is possible....including a big let down. However, I have had this game marked since the draft, and am rolling out Brady and AB without hesitation. 

Stat Correction said:
Hear's mine:

I believe Brady wants the passing TD record this year. I believe that he wants a statement game in primetime against his former team/coach of 20 years.....in the very stadium that made him a legend.  I believe he has the weapons to do it. I believe that Arians won't blink in allowing him to run up the score, if possible. 

Of course, this is FF and anything is possible....including a big let down. However, I have had this game marked since the draft, and am rolling out Brady and AB without hesitation. 
+1 These are my exact thoughts as well... including the anything can happen disclaimer.

Giving serious consideration to AB over Hockenson or Sutton in my FLEX this week.   Gronk is certainly first in line, but I think Brady to Brown is good for at least one spite TD pass.

I'm actually very nervous about what will be there for Godwin, but I don't think I can bring myself to benching him.

Giving serious consideration to AB over Hockenson or Sutton in my FLEX this week.   Gronk is certainly first in line, but I think Brady to Brown is good for at least one spite TD pass.

I'm actually very nervous about what will be there for Godwin, but I don't think I can bring myself to benching him.
Sutton over AB

I don’t understand how AB is expected to play after testing + on Weds. weird. 

Stat Correction said:
Hear's mine:

I agree with much of this. I also think -7 isn’t enough considering the state of this Pats team. Feels like Vegas is trying to rope folks into believing NEP has some magical elixir for beating the Bucs because of the Hoodie/Brady/Gronk connection. Last I checked, Hoodie isn’t suiting up & playing DB for the Pats, so…

The networks are selling it hard as a revenge game or a reunion game or whatever. Narratives are great, but coming off a prime time loss, I feel like this is going to be a blowout. TB is just better in almost every facet of the game. 

Helaire-ious said:
Never thought I'd be deciding whether or not to bench ARob for AB or the like

I have exactly the same decision. I'm still leaning ARob because he's earned trust over the years, but I'll be watching on Sunday night to see how AB is used, for sure. 

Gronk is doubtful now for the NE game… AB time 
 If Bill goes with his shut down strategy on the opposing team's best guy that'll probably mean less targets for either Godwin or Evans as well. 

This could be way too much hopeful spin, but it certainly looks like a lot of things lining up in AB's favor. I need two of: ARob, Corey Davis, AB, Ty'Son Williams, and Trey Sermon... so, AB stands a pretty good chance of seeing my lineup this weekend.

If Bill goes with his shut down strategy on the opposing team's best guy that'll probably mean less targets for either Godwin or Evans as well. 

This could be way too much hopeful spin, but it certainly looks like a lot of things lining up in AB's favor. I need two of: ARob, Corey Davis, AB, Ty'Son Williams, and Trey Sermon... so, AB stands a pretty good chance of seeing my lineup this weekend.
Of that list, AB seems like the easiest call. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonio Brown caught 7-of-11 targets for 63 yards in the Bucs' Week 4 win over the Patriots.

Brown's targets were second behind Mike Evans (12) in his return from the COVID list. He took advantage of Evans getting defensive attention in the second half but couldn't come down with back-to-back deep shots late in the fourth quarter. Brown had a larger role in the Bucs' short pass game with Rob Gronkowski out. He'll carry a higher weekly floor for as long as Gronkowski is sidelined.

Oct 4, 2021, 1:16 AM ET

Antonio Brown caught 7-of-8 targets for 124 yards and two touchdowns in the Bucs' Week 5 win over the Dolphins.

On his first catch, Brown became the youngest player to reach 900 catches. He then ran right through the middle of the Miami defense to the end zone for a 62-yard touchdown before later finding the end zone again from four yards out. Brown caught Tom Brady's second and third touchdowns on a day Brady tossed five. It was Brown's second 100-yard game of the young season and his first touchdowns since Week 1. As the Bucs' top deep threat, Brown is an every-week upside WR2/3 ahead of a Week 6 date with the Eagles.

Oct 10, 2021, 4:30 PM ET

Antonio Brown caught 9-of-13 targets for 93 yards and a touchdown in the Bucs' Week 6 win over the Eagles. 

Brown led the Bucs' loaded receiver corps in catches and yards for the second time in five days. Brown's biggest grab was a 23-yard touchdown in the second quarter where he got loose near the goal line as Tom Brady bought time his legs. Brown also helped ice the game with a 27-yard grab late in the fourth quarter where he adjusted to an ever-so-slightly off-target pass. Looking ridiculously springy for a 33-year-old wideout who didn't log full seasons in either 2019-20, Brown has solidified himself as a top-24 receiver in this lethal offense and has left very little separation between himself and Mike Evans/Chris Godwin. The Bears are on tap for Week 7. 

Oct 14, 2021, 11:48 PM ET

Take out the Atlanta game which seems more like an aberration than a floor (even though he was 2 fingertips away from a 100yd/2td game), and AB is now averaging per game:

9.75 targets

7 receptions

100.25 yards

1 td

Very solid.  Value of the draft
Antonio Brown. Mike Williams. Hollywood Brown.  Waiting on WR wasn’t so bad this year. Especially with some of the early guys flopping so far (ex Ridley).

Antonio looks like a Bonafide stud out there.

Honestly he had a chance for so much more as a few of Brady’s targets were off tonight, and had two short routes where defender just made a great play where he looked as if he had another long TD or two in him.

Anybody else a little concerned about this ankle injury? Arians minced no words and called it a sprain, and Brown hasn't practiced all week.  Looks probably 50-50 at best to play this week in my opinion. 

Anybody else a little concerned about this ankle injury? Arians minced no words and called it a sprain, and Brown hasn't practiced all week.  Looks probably 50-50 at best to play this week in my opinion. 
Dont think he does- they dont need him this week

Fantastic considering I'm going up against Godwin and Evans 

I just traded away Godwin. Of course he wont play

My only positive is that he got the injury in the second quarter. I remember seeing them working on his ankle… then went back and played. 

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t bad, or he won’t rest it. Just makes me think it’s less serious.

We shall see tomorrow if he’s limited. If he’s limited I think he gets tagged as questionable or GTD and plays.

Users who are viewing this thread