What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR D.J. Chark, CAR (2 Viewers)

Camp reports earlier on were saying that Conley, Chark, and Westbrook were the clear top 3 in Jacksonville   Its a bit surprising to see Cole get passed by Chark, and good news for Chark. 

in some of my bestball10s and Draft bestballs I've been grabbing Chark in the last couple rounds. He's been connecting with Foles deep reportedly.  It helps that the OC is super pass happy. I'm not too concerned about Conley - my reasoning is that if he didn't impress in Kansas City, I just can't get that excited about him. Dede IMO should be an excellent value this year, especially in PPR. 

man what happened to Keelan Cole?

ESPN's Mike DiRocco reports sophomore D.J. Chark has been the "most impressive receiver" at Jaguars camp this summer.

This is our first blurb on Chark since the end of last season, and it's long overdue. Chark has been getting some buzz throughout the offseason but has been quiet in the preseason games, nabbing just 1-of-4 targets for two yards. But Chark has barely played, suggesting he's in good standing with the coaches. Dede Westbrook is the Jaguars wideout going in fantasy drafts, but Chark is dripping with athletic upside after testing as a 96th-percentile SPARQ athlete at last year's Combine. Chark is long (6'4/198) and fast (4.34 forty). The problem is the Jaguars figure to rotate out wide with Chark, Chris Conley, and Marqise Lee with Westbrook inside.

SOURCE: ESPN.com

Aug 19, 2019, 7:02 PM ET

Chark is pushing his way onto the field. It'll probably take some time and I'm not even sure the Jags #1 is worth all that much but it's happening. 

Word I'm hearing from Camp is Chark is the Jags #1 WR week 1 of the season. This next preseason game will be interesting. It'll be the first time we see Chark in a game with Foles. 

This could be happening quicker than anybody thought. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaguars WR D.J. Chark suffered a concussion in Thursday's preseason game against the Dolphins.

The head injury leaves the second-year pro questionable for the opener, which is in just 17 days. An impressive athlete and big-play threat, Chark has reportedly developed a nice chemistry with Nick Foles this preseason, locking himself into three-receiver sets. He's not a bad flier in the 15th or 16th round of deeper leagues.

SOURCE: John Oehser on Twitter

Aug 22, 2019, 10:07 PM ET

Milkman said:
Word I'm hearing from Camp is Chark is the Jags #1 WR week 1 of the season. This next preseason game will be interesting. It'll be the first time we see Chark in a game with Foles. 

This could be happening quicker than anybody thought. 
I would be shocked if he has more targets than Dede by years end.

I would be shocked if he has more targets than Dede by years end.
Yeah with Dede in the slot you might be right. Remember though in 2 wide sets Dede was on the sideline and Chark was in. 

Chark was open deep several times last night. Hopefully he can get healthy and we'll see what happens. 

ESPN's Michael DiRocco reports D.J. Chark (concussion) has returned to practice.

He's still in the concussion protocol, but this is a good first step. Chark has 11 days to get cleared for Week 1.

SOURCE: Michael DiRocco on Twitter

Aug 27, 2019, 12:22 PM ET

Would much rather have a piece of Dede but Chark is pretty much free at this point so worth a shot. Zero chance he outscores Dede. HOWEVER, there was a change of QB so there is the chance that Foles builds a lot of rapport with Chark and he ends up being his go to. I just find it unlikely. 

Edit: Speaking of free - noticed he is $5 in the contest. I’ll buy for that. 

wasn't even the last pick in my draft, i got him off waivers for $1 in FAAB a few days ago. looks legit even with Minshew. thanks Sharks for pointing me in his direction!

Did most of his stats come from Foles? I didn't see any of the game.  Have Chark in a few leagues though.
Not sure about targets with Foles / Minshew but he looked pretty good "eye-test" wise imo. I just don't know about the opportunity / team / QB situation 

Rewatched it and thought he looked great. Not sure how he does with the new QB.......but yeah he reminds me of AJ Green more and more. 

Another good game for Chark. Think he's their #1 already. Whatever that's good for. 

He did come up limping after the TD catch. 

D.J. Chark caught 7-of-9 targets for 55 yards and one touchdown in the Jaguars' Week 2 loss to the Texans.

The sophomore breakout candidate now has 11 grabs for 201 yards and two scores on 13 targets after two games. He led the Jaguars in targets in this one and seems to be a favorite of Gardner Minshew after the two practiced together a lot during the summer. Chark will be a boom-bust WR4/5 this upcoming Thursday in a slogging contest with the division-rival Titans.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:12 PM ET

Another good game for Chark. Think he's their #1 already. Whatever that's good for. 

He did come up limping after the TD catch. 
Pretty good so far. I’m thinking of adding him cheap this week as he seems way under the radar.

Jaguars WR D.J. Chark (ankle) was listed as a limited participant on the team's estimated practice report Monday.

The Jaguars didn't actually practice Monday, but they're still required to submit an estimated injury report. Chark is tentatively expected to suit up Thursday night against the Titans. He's emerged as the offense's No. 1 pass-game target after two weeks, posting 4-146-1 and 7-55-1 lines in Weeks 1 and 2, respectively. Chark was easily Gardner Minshew's preferred option last Sunday, as his nine targets out paced Leonard Fournette (six), Chris Conley (five) and Dede Westbrook (five). Chark has a winnable matchup on the outside against the likes of Adoree' Jackson and Malcolm Butler.

SOURCE: Jim Wyatt on Twitter.

Sep 16, 2019, 4:45 PM ET

Wasn't even on my radar during draft season but he looks like their best receiver to me so far, even better than Westbrook. 

B2B Double Digit in PPR to start the season...I don't want to pretend to know about a guy I don't know enough about. 

-What is he doing to warrant the targets? Is he wide open, runs great routes, reliable hands, good size? What are you hitching your wagon to because if Minshew is the QB for the season he just might be the surprise guy here. I like Dede but he likely had great rapport with Foles, it's possible he hasn't caught that many balls form Minshew in practice. 

Could he be a reliable 10-15 point guy in PPR leagues even if he doesn't have a high ceiling? Maybe his floor is higher than others. 

B2B Double Digit in PPR to start the season...I don't want to pretend to know about a guy I don't know enough about. 

-What is he doing to warrant the targets? Is he wide open, runs great routes, reliable hands, good size? What are you hitching your wagon to because if Minshew is the QB for the season he just might be the surprise guy here. I like Dede but he likely had great rapport with Foles, it's possible he hasn't caught that many balls form Minshew in practice. 

Could he be a reliable 10-15 point guy in PPR leagues even if he doesn't have a high ceiling? Maybe his floor is higher than others. 
From what I've seen, he gets separation pretty decently, has good size, is pretty athletic/fluid, does look a bit lanky though(probably why one poster is making the A.J. Green comps). 

I've always been intrigued by guys who profile as deep threats/great athletes at WR and then work to round out their games to become a factor in the short/medium pass game as well. 

Key takeaways and stats to know from Week 2

Excerpt:

D.J. CHARK OFF TO A STRONG START, THRIVING AS JAGS’ TOP TARGET

Jacksonville is without its starting quarterback, down 0-2 on the year and battling injuries in several areas on the defensive side of the ball (e.g. Yannick Ngakoue, AJ Bouye). The good news, however, is that 2018 second-rounder D.J. Chark Jr. has seemingly taken a major step forward in Year 2. The 6-foot-4, 198-pound LSU product has hauled in 11-of-13 targets for 201 yards, four first downs and two touchdowns while owning a team-high 20.3% aimed target share. He ranks fourth in yards per route run (3.09) and seventh in receiving grade (81.8) among all NFL receivers with 40 or more routes run through Week 2.

From what I've seen, he gets separation pretty decently, has good size, is pretty athletic/fluid, does look a bit lanky though(probably why one poster is making the A.J. Green comps). 

I've always been intrigued by guys who profile as deep threats/great athletes at WR and then work to round out their games to become a factor in the short/medium pass game as well. 
Agreed it’s an intriguing profile.

He kind of reminds me of Robby Anderson, which is also the comp PlayerProfiler gives. Seems like he could have similar upside to that year where Anderson was a borderline WR1 amidst a dearth of other explosive options; he’s the type of WR you can have a decent chance chucking it up towards down the field

D.J. Chark (ankle) was upgraded to "full" in Tuesday's practice.

Chark will be ready to rock for Thursday night's game against the Titans. The owner of 201 yards through the Jaguars' first two games, Chark has an exploitable matchup in the Titans' boundary corners, but Gardner Minshew presents a problem at quarterback. Explosive Chark is a low-floor, high-ceiling WR4 for Week 3.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:17 PM ET

I still can't decide if going after him is simply chasing points or worth a grab to get on a trend that will continue.

I’m staying away personally but am pretty tempted. I just don’t see him continuing to thrive in this jags offense this year for whatever reason

Would anyone drop MVS for Chalk?  MVS is up against a bunch of good/great defenses, Chalk not as much.  Dropoff at QB, but opportunity matters and Chalk is getting more than MVS.  Whatcha think?

Is DJ Chark the receiver to own on that offense at least?  Drafted Dede Westbrook but thinking about making the switch.

Is DJ Chark the receiver to own on that offense at least?  Drafted Dede Westbrook but thinking about making the switch.
I did exactly that this morning. Dropped Dede for DJ.

I'm not 100% confident that it will prove to be the right decision going forward, but I can't ignore the fact that Chark is Top 10 in my league right now, even though 2 games is a small sample size.

I weighed going after Chark vs a potential longer term prospect in Tate. Lot of uncertainty around both situations in terms of sustainable (or provable) QB play, how targets might settle in, etc. 

Love this sport because of all the quasi-educated guesses you need to make, but man I am struggling with uncertainty with Chark and overall this year. Seems to be a lot of moving pieces everywhere, and hard to know what's a trend in Week 2 or a deviation. You need to take risks sometimes as by Week 3, it may already be too late. 

With Chark, and a favorable matchup already for me this weekend FF wise, I'll play the long game and see if I'm proven wrong about this guy and Minshew. 

I weighed going after Chark vs a potential longer term prospect in Tate. Lot of uncertainty around both situations in terms of sustainable (or provable) QB play, how targets might settle in, etc. 

Love this sport because of all the quasi-educated guesses you need to make, but man I am struggling with uncertainty with Chark and overall this year. Seems to be a lot of moving pieces everywhere, and hard to know what's a trend in Week 2 or a deviation. You need to take risks sometimes as by Week 3, it may already be too late. 

With Chark, and a favorable matchup already for me this weekend FF wise, I'll play the long game and see if I'm proven wrong about this guy and Minshew. 
So you're one of the ones, like me, that sort of are either irrationally wrapped up in Minshew's story or just see competence from the backup QB position where it was previously thought lacking. Roundabout way of saying it could be the real deal for at least a spell. I had to cut Minshew in my main league today, but picked up Chark. Seven targets and then nine targets. Not bad.  

I wish I knew that answer.   Chark looks to be legit but it's tough dropping a known commodity for him.  I am tempted to drop Curtis Samuel and get away from Cam and Carolina but Samuel really came alive last game.   The bottom line is that Chark should be owned in all leagues and I wish I room to add him before someone else makes that add when waivers run this week.  

Users who are viewing this thread