What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Deebo Samuel, SF (1 Viewer)

1st 3 weeks it looked so good...
11-22-25 in PPR
Wk 4 leaves the game
Wk 5 3 targets, scrapes 10+ in PPR
Wk 6 1 target and injured
Wk 7 OUT
Wk 8 OUT
Wk 9 Bye

By the time you get to Week 10, are you even going to start him until you see him able to finish a game and not get injured?
Since he signed his new deal, just hasn't been the same impact WR2 in Redraft formats, more of a WR 3, even a flex spot is hard with no consistency

11-22-25 in PPR
Wk 4 leaves the game
Wk 7 OUT
Wk 8 OUT
Wk 9 Bye

By the time you get to Week 10, are you even going to start him until you see him able to finish a game and not get injured?
Since he signed his new deal, just hasn't been the same impact WR2 in Redraft formats, more of a WR 3, even a flex spot is hard with no consistency
I'd say its less the new deal, and more the CMC addition. They overlap quite a bit, and CMC is just a better player, so he gets more touches schemed for him.

Even in weeks 2-3, Aiyuk was injured, and Deebo played great, proving he could do it if needed, but his 2021 role is long gone.

Now what SF is doing with Kittle I have no idea. I'd be building the offense around CMC and Kittle, with the WRs playing more ancillary roles. Too often the best receiving (and overall) TE in the NFC is treated like a FB.

11-22-25 in PPR
Wk 4 leaves the game
Wk 7 OUT
Wk 8 OUT
Wk 9 Bye

I'd say its less the new deal, and more the CMC addition. They overlap quite a bit, and CMC is just a better player, so he gets more touches schemed for him.

Even in weeks 2-3, Aiyuk was injured, and Deebo played great, proving he could do it if needed, but his 2021 role is long gone.

Now what SF is doing with Kittle I have no idea. I'd be building the offense around CMC and Kittle, with the WRs playing more ancillary roles. Too often the best receiving (and overall) TE in the NFC is treated like a FB.
My base WR unit on a few teams is Nacua-Nico Collins-Deebo and these are Non-PPR leagues where I'm stacked at RB with guys like Kamara in the Flex/Achane/Taylor on my bench
I'm going to have to start Christian Watson, very boom bust type, hope he has a delightful day in Denver on Sunday

There's nobody worth grabbing on wiavers right now so I guess I keep Deebo but with limited roster space, Bye weeks are going to be very tricky.
Spears is my last guy at the end of the bench, just hate to cut him.
1st World problems
:lol:

49ers WR Deebo Samuel (shoulder) did not participate in Wednesday practice.
Samuel injured his shoulder in a Week 6 loss to the Browns and missed Week 7 against the Vikings. Not practicing to start the week puts Samuel on track to miss Week 8 prior to the 49ers’ Week 9 bye. It’s possible the team keeps him out the extra week to let his shoulder heal through the bye. Jauan Jennings should see a bump in snaps if Samuel misses Week 8.

Going to have a hard time putting him back into my lineup on his first week back. Anyone else rolling those dice? If yes, is it just due to lack of other options?

Going to have a hard time putting him back into my lineup on his first week back. Anyone else rolling those dice? If yes, is it just due to lack of other options?
If Deebo is playing, he's gonna get lots of touches IMO. He's what the offense has been missing, and they're gonna use him to set the physical tone.

How that translates in FF I don't know, but in real life it's gonna be a boost for the offense IMO.

If Deebo is playing, he's gonna get lots of touches IMO. He's what the offense has been missing, and they're gonna use him to set the physical tone.

How that translates in FF I don't know, but in real life it's gonna be a boost for the offense IMO.
Feel the bolded. I think his blocking and the fact defenses will have to account for him just being on the field are huge for the team overall. I just worry if it does translate to FF scoreboard. I suppose he should have a floor of around 10 as long as he plays a full game.

It would probably be in their best interest to scale back CMC a bit, so maybe more Deebo in the backfield?

I just hope that when Deebo is back, they don't go back to ignoring Kittle. I personally think the offense should go through CMC and Kittle, and the WRs should be more complimentary. Those guys are just such huge mismatches.

It would probably be in their best interest to scale back CMC a bit, so maybe more Deebo in the backfield?

I just hope that when Deebo is back, they don't go back to ignoring Kittle. I personally think the offense should go through CMC and Kittle, and the WRs should be more complimentary. Those guys are just such huge mismatches.
SF fans who watch every game assuredly know better, but to me at least it looks like the first half of the season they have schemed their offense around attacking the middle of the field. This is also the point in the season defenses tend to catch up, and either offenses evolve and succeed or stagnate and fall off. I'd think SF falls in the former category, and you'll see more Kittle working down field and in the seems if teams are trying to plug that middle.

SF fans who watch every game assuredly know better, but to me at least it looks like the first half of the season they have schemed their offense around attacking the middle of the field. This is also the point in the season defenses tend to catch up, and either offenses evolve and succeed or stagnate and fall off. I'd think SF falls in the former category, and you'll see more Kittle working down field and in the seems if teams are trying to plug that middle.
I've kinda been looking at Deebo as a buy-low during the bye week here. I think there is a scenario where Deebo is still a top-15 WR, there is also a scenario where he's a middling WR3. It does feel like Purdy has greatly missed those 3-yard passes that turn into 10+ yard gains that Deebo brings. I think that's where some of Purdy's recent turnovers have come from is losing those layups.

Unless you’re beyond loaded at WR if Deebo is fit you play him, his floor is reasonable and he can go off on any given week. My only annoyance is he doesn’t get enough downfield shots when Aiyuk is on the field as he’s more than capable. See the week where Aiyuk wasn’t fit

Deebo Samuel (shoulder) practiced on Monday.

Samuel hasn’t played since injuring his shoulder in Week 6, but has a chance to play in Week 10 coming off the bye week. His return on Monday suggests he’ll be listed as a participant in practice when the first official practice report drops on Wednesday, which is encouraging for fantasy managers in need of his production. Samuel is only averaging 12 fantasy points per game through six games, but he’ll be on the radar as a top-24 fantasy receiver if he plays against the Jaguars.

Deebo is a total beast. It’s hard not to love the way he plays the game unless you’re maybe an Eagles fan ! As a dynasty owner, I wish he could put in more complete seasons without injuries but it is what it is. If he starts a game, he’s in my lineup

I just have this terrible feeling Deebo is helping get me into the playoffs with these amazing performances, and then he's going to go right back to 3/4 for 35 yards 0TDs for the most important games haha.

I just have this terrible feeling Deebo is helping get me into the playoffs with these amazing performances, and then he's going to go right back to 3/4 for 35 yards 0TDs for the most important games haha.

Dynasty: Owner of Deebo in our league who made the playoffs is trying to sell Deebo. I already own CMC and Aiyuk so don't think I want another piece of SF offence. I completely agree with you about the possibility of Deebo laying an egg. So far other owner has an offer of really late 2024 1st (1.10-1.14) for Deebo and 2024 2nd Rounder. I think he is passing on that offer.

I don't like him for fantasy because he's not on any of my teams and I have to face him sometimes. He's a points hog who should share more with Aiyuk.
I imagine he's very fun for FF if you have him and of course for Niner fans.

Only if he gets hurt. His worst game this season that he's been healthy in was 3-63 in week 11 against TB.

Take away the Browns game where got hurt on the 1st series, and the Cards game where he was a decoy playing through injury, and he's WR2 PPG on the season.

Deebo is averaging a TD per healthy game right now. Its not quite 2021 numbers, but its close. I think he's a top-3 WR right now, and his schedule is awesome.

Only if he gets hurt. His worst game this season that he's been healthy in was 3-63 in week 11 against TB.

Take away the Browns game where got hurt on the 1st series, and the Cards game where he was a decoy playing through injury, and he's WR2 PPG on the season.

Deebo is averaging a TD per healthy game right now. Its not quite 2021 numbers, but its close. I think he's a top-3 WR right now, and his schedule is awesome.
Appreciate the confidence boost, and taking the mitigating factors into account for those games, you are right. He's been more consistent this season then I gave him credit for. Really hoping it keeps up. With Dell and Mike Will on IR and Diggs and Chase bottoming out, I'm going to need him to probably exceed projections to keep me going.

The 49ers were discernibly worse when missing Deebo and Trent Williams this year.
Missing arguablely one of the best blind side protectors of the QB was equally as important as missing Deebo, so that’s obviously true.

ETA: and if you’re reading the quotes out of Trent this week, I wouldn’t want to be on the other side of that dude this week.

ETA2: I’d never want to be on the other side of Trent :lol:

49ers HC Kyle Shanahan says Deebo Samuel (shoulder) will be limited in Thursday’s practice.

Samuel logging a limited practice is encouraging, but we’re still a long way off from knowing whether or not he’ll suit up for Sunday’s game against the Lions. Reports on him throughout the week have suggested Samuel’s status will be up in the air until inactives are announced 90 minutes before kickoff. If he’s not ruled out before the weekend, we’d expect Samuel to carry a questionable tag at best.

49ers' Deebo Samuel returns to practice after shoulder injury

Samuel's return put a little extra pep in the Niners' step.

"It's awesome," running back Christian McCaffrey said. "Anytime he's out there, he brings an extra set of juice that it's hard to mimic without him."
Samuel participated as he normally would during the portion of practice open to the media, stretching and later catching passes from Niners quarterback Brock Purdy during receiver and running back drills.
If he was dealing with any pain, it wasn't apparent to observers.

Kyle Shanahan said Deebo Samuel (shoulder) was a “full go” in Friday’s practice and will play in Sunday’s NFC Championship Game against the Lions.

Samuel was removed from the team’s final injury report, suggesting there’s no reason to be concerned heading into the weekend. Earlier reports of Friday’s practice suggested Samuel was trending toward playing after he reportedly looked good in the portion opened to media. The 49ers need all hands on deck as they prepare to take on the Lions for a right to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. Samuel being ready to go means Brock Purdy has arguably his best offensive weapon at his disposal.

So reports are NE and Buffalo showing interest. Talk about a massive swing in his value if he goes to one of those versus the other.

What an upgrade for Buffalo and Allen if true
He'd be a great fit in Buffalo. I'd feel bad for him if he went to New England.
Can Buffalo afford him? I know NE can.

My understanding is that Buff has very little room and would need to work some magic...NE would be disastrous for Deebo i think

So reports are NE and Buffalo showing interest. Talk about a massive swing in his value if he goes to one of those versus the other.

I'm not sure NE would be a bad landing spot. He'd be the centerpiece of the offense, and maybe Maye is really good. Buffalo would be better though.

ETA: Still not seeing any reason to trade either Deebo or Aiyuk though.

Can Buffalo afford him? I know NE can.

My understanding is that Buff has very little room and would need to work some magic...NE would be disastrous for Deebo i think
I really don't understand how the NFL cap works with trades, but would this possibly be a situation where the team trading the player has eaten most of the cap hit and the acquiring team gets him on the cheap from a payroll perspective?

Some speculation in Pittsburgh about a Deebo deal to the Steelers. They have the cap space, just a question if they want to give SFs asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread