What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Eric Decker - Retired (1 Viewer)

The Athletic's Vic Tafur reports free agent Eric Decker is visiting the Raiders on Tuesday.

A photo of Decker on a plane sparked rumors he was visiting the Saints, but those turned out to be false. He was headed somewhere, however, and that somewhere appears to be Oakland. Decker was not great last season in Tennessee, but he would be a better No. 3 option than Seth Roberts.

Related: Raiders

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter 

Mar 20 - 12:45 PM

that's kind of "funny." Seth Roberts is the most annoying WR the Titans play. The guy does nothing and then makes 2 or 3 clutch grabs and it's like "what just happened?"

Roberts is in the second year of his 3 yr 12 mil deal. I wish Decker had ice water in his veins like Roberts

He better fix his concentration woes or Brady will kick him to the curb if he drops as many there

Going from one of the worst passers in the league to one of the best will probably fix that imo.  
Agreed.  And drops have never been an issue for Decker.  Yes he had a really bad one last year on national tv in the playoffs, but only dropped 2 of 83 targets all year.  Nothing to be alarmed by.  Actually had the same catch percentage as Doug Baldwin last year.  I'm good with that.  Should only improve with TB.

Going from one of the worst passers in the league to one of the best will probably fix that imo.  
Mariota throws a fine ball. Decker dropped a number of times that were so frustrating. He really looked like he lost "it."

His heart or head seemed to be in retirement too, enjoying time with the wife and all. He seemed to have moved forward with his life. I thought it was kind of cool in a good for you way. I did NOT imagine him playing this year. He even was starting to get the dad bod belly....anywho...good luck to him. He's a good guy that's fun to root for. His wife is fun on Twitter during games too

Agreed.  And drops have never been an issue for Decker.  Yes he had a really bad one last year on national tv in the playoffs, but only dropped 2 of 83 targets all year.  Nothing to be alarmed by.  Actually had the same catch percentage as Doug Baldwin last year.  I'm good with that.  Should only improve with TB.
Way more than two. See game threads if ya feel frisky. Sometimes that subjective stat is off and ...way more than two.

Way more than two. See game threads if ya feel frisky. Sometimes that subjective stat is off and ...way more than two.
I definitely don't feel frisky enough to watch game threads.  I just have to take the word of the stat keepers.  I'm sure their number isn't perfect since it's a bit of a subjective stat, but I assume the same applies for all players so that doesn't change much for Decker in comparison to other players. 

I've watched Decker very closely in Denver and NY and never was under the impression that he had a concentration issue. He's always been a reliable, go over the middle, move the chains kind of guy.  I think he replaces Amendola in NE and is a suitable stand in for Edelman while he is suspended.  But he is also a semi TV star now, so I guess there is more to distract him these days.  I think he'll be ok.

I definitely don't feel frisky enough to watch game threads.  I just have to take the word of the stat keepers.  I'm sure their number isn't perfect since it's a bit of a subjective stat, but I assume the same applies for all players so that doesn't change much for Decker in comparison to other players. 

I've watched Decker very closely in Denver and NY and never was under the impression that he had a concentration issue. He's always been a reliable, go over the middle, move the chains kind of guy.  I think he replaces Amendola in NE and is a suitable stand in for Edelman while he is suspended.  But he is also a semi TV star now, so I guess there is more to distract him these days.  I think he'll be ok.
He's a solid pro - I'm not 100% sure he has fully recovered from some serious injuries he sustained with the Jets, but if he's healthy he'll contribute in NE. He's the type of player Belichick will love.

I felt the same and then let down. I'd put it at like 12 or 10. It was almost every week but not every week. With Delanie and Matthews money on third down why did Mariota keep going to Decker and why even put him in then...it was frustrating.

Maybe another thing, as WR needy as we are -at least for a veteran- you don't see Titans fans complaining he didn't return.

I don't mean to argue here, sorry. My frustration is more like I'm arguing with a number (two) not you. I don't mean to seem nitpicky its just that ya don't forget getting burned while rooting for your player on your team

Seems to me that Decker was misused in Tennessee and had an average at best QB throwing him the ball.  

Something to remember is that Decker is a really good number 2 WR; he is not a number 1.  Look at how well he did in Denver as the number 2 to Demaryius Thomas or in Jets as the number 2 to Brandon Marshall.  Now, NE does not have a true number 1, but I think he will do fine there.  Because of his size, he is fantastic inside the 5, so I could see him catching a lot of short touchdowns. 

Eric Decker is listed ahead of Kenny Britt on the Patriots' first unofficial depth chart.

It's a surprise given that Decker joined New England only 48 hours ago. Although he's currently listed ahead of Britt as the team's No. 3 receiver, Decker's one-year deal with the Patriots includes just $75,000 in guaranteed money and doesn't make him a virtual lock to land on the 53-man roster. Malcolm Mitchell is listed as the other starter behind Chris Hogan.

Related: Patriots

Source: Pro Football Talk 

Aug 5 - 1:37 PM

He's not looking like a great pick up in leagues.  I'm starting to wonder if he makes the team.

NESN's Doug Kyed reports Eric Decker is "still having a pretty hard time" during training camp.

Kyed mentions two incidents from Monday's practice -- he pushed off on his first target and dropped his second -- but the use of "still" in the tweet suggests this has been a recurring theme for Decker since joining the team a couple weeks ago. He could certainly turn things around, but Decker would not be the first veteran receiver to struggle after signing with the Patriots. Decker's contract includes just $75,000 in guaranteed money.

He's not looking like a great pick up in leagues.  I'm starting to wonder if he makes the team.

NESN's Doug Kyed reports Eric Decker is "still having a pretty hard time" during training camp.

Kyed mentions two incidents from Monday's practice -- he pushed off on his first target and dropped his second -- but the use of "still" in the tweet suggests this has been a recurring theme for Decker since joining the team a couple weeks ago. He could certainly turn things around, but Decker would not be the first veteran receiver to struggle after signing with the Patriots. Decker's contract includes just $75,000 in guaranteed money.
In reality, with Edelman out and Hogan as a given, NE WR's are a total mystery at this stage. Dorsett has been said to be doing better than he has at this point last year, Britt looked great in mini camp but hasn't been healthy in training camp, Patterson has been a solid deep threat (at least in practice), and Decker seems to have been struggling but he's only been around a couple of weeks.

I have seen projected opening day rosters with any or all of those as starters, on the bubble, roster locks, or not making the team. At this point, no one has any idea what Hoodie will do. Everyone covering the team has a different perspective than a training camp report from someone else covering the team. I doubt we get much clarity on the situation before the season starts (which is exactly how BB wants it so opponents won't know what to expect).

Another thing I will add is IMO playing a lot and doing well in preseason games in NE is normally not a good thing. From what I have observed over the years, guys that get a lot of reps and snaps in the preseason are usually guys fighting for one of the last roster spots, not a big role in the offense.

In reality, with Edelman out and Hogan as a given, NE WR's are a total mystery at this stage. Dorsett has been said to be doing better than he has at this point last year, Britt looked great in mini camp but hasn't been healthy in training camp, Patterson has been a solid deep threat (at least in practice), and Decker seems to have been struggling but he's only been around a couple of weeks.

I have seen projected opening day rosters with any or all of those as starters, on the bubble, roster locks, or not making the team. At this point, no one has any idea what Hoodie will do. Everyone covering the team has a different perspective than a training camp report from someone else covering the team. I doubt we get much clarity on the situation before the season starts (which is exactly how BB wants it so opponents won't know what to expect).

Another thing I will add is IMO playing a lot and doing well in preseason games in NE is normally not a good thing. From what I have observed over the years, guys that get a lot of reps and snaps in the preseason are usually guys fighting for one of the last roster spots, not a big role in the offense.
I'll hold on to Decker for now, but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about him.

Source: Doug Kyed on Twitter 

Aug 13 - 10:10 AM

Had a feeling this was coming soon.  Was really hoping to see one more good season from him, but also glad I don’t have to root for him on the patriots.  

Guess he just couldn’t get back to his old self.   Was fun to watch in his prime.  

Users who are viewing this thread