What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Gabriel Davis, JAC (1 Viewer)

Gabe Davis (ankle) is "100 percent" confident he will return for Sunday's game against the Dolphins.​

Players are always overly confident about their injury status, but Davis' words align with his actions, as he has been practicing the past two days. Barring a setback, he should be out there for one of the week's highest-totaled contests. Even with Stefon Diggs cooking as the Bills' No. 1 receiver, Davis can be immediately reinserted into fantasy managers' WR2 spots.
SOURCE: Joe Buscaglia on Twitter
Sep 22, 2022, 2:21 PM ET

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gabe Davis (ankle) is expected to play in Week 3 against the Dolphins.​

The ankle injury forced Davis to sit in Week 2, but he said he was "100 percent" confident he would return for Week 3 early this week. Nothing has changed and Buffalo will be getting their field-stretcher back for their date with Miami. Davis was targeted five times in Buffalo's season opener. He secured four of the looks for 88 yards and a touchdown. In a likely shootout with the Dolphins, Davis is a strong bet to post WR2 fantasy numbers.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Sep 25, 2022, 8:36 AM ET

Should have come down with a td on an endzone grab.

Would have been a much nicer day if he did.

The whole offense felt a little out of sync.

Allen went for X-rays after the game. Hopefully nothing serious as everyone takes a huge step back if he’s out.

Allen went for X-rays after the game. Hopefully nothing serious as everyone takes a huge step back if he’s out.
400 yards passing, 497 total yards is out of sync? Maybe Davis wasn't 100%. Also, his value is inflated by that huge game last year. He benefits from Allen and Diggs - a good but not great WR.

400 yards passing, 497 total yards is out of sync? Maybe Davis wasn't 100%. Also, his value is inflated by that huge game last year. He benefits from Allen and Diggs - a good but not great WR.
Just seemed out of sync for some reason today. They scored 17 points on 497 yards. Allen skipped an easy td off the ground 4 yards in front of his WR that would have been a game winner.

Watching it with my eyeballs something seemed off.

If you would have said that COREY DAVIS would have scored more points after 3 weeks than GABRIEL 3 TOUCHDOWN-1 GAME DAVIS I would have laughed at you. But that is where we stand now. Hopefully he can get healthy to get more involved.

If you would have said that COREY DAVIS would have scored more points after 3 weeks than GABRIEL 3 TOUCHDOWN-1 GAME DAVIS I would have laughed at you. But that is where we stand now. Hopefully he can get healthy to get more involved.
Corey Davis played in one extra game and had 66 yard TD where he was left completely wide open. Think we can chalk this up to an insignificant small sample size.

Corey Davis played in one extra game and had 66 yard TD where he was left completely wide open. Think we can chalk this up to an insignificant small sample size.
Small sample size you say. That is the exact argument for tapping the breaks after the 3 TD game.
Davis' future looks bright, Gabriel Davis that is. Hopefully he gets healthy and passes Corey Davis for the best WR with the last name of Davis in the NFL.

That is the exact argument for tapping the breaks after the 3 TD game.
It was 4 and NO ONE thought that would be the norm - well no one that is rational.
Well that is the poster/posters that need the break check. Maybe these 3 games helped with that.
I have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s had one very good game, missed one game and had one bad game. If you want to take something from that, go for it I guess. :shrug:

It was 4 and NO ONE thought that would be the norm - well no one that is rational.
Well that is the poster/posters that need the break check. Maybe these 3 games helped with that.
I have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s had one very good game, missed one game and had one bad game. If you want to take something from that, go for it I guess. :shrug:
You are not one of those posters.
All I am gathering from this is he needs to get healthy so we can see who he is. Right now Corey Davis is ahead of him for fantasy points scored.

Last edited:

Just seemed out of sync for some reason today. They scored 17 points on 497 yards. Allen skipped an easy td off the ground 4 yards in front of his WR that would have been a game winner.

The whole team was off. They clearly weren't ready/prepared for 100 degree weather in the sun. Players were cramping up left and right. Hell, the refs weren't even forcing the teams to use their time outs when players started cramping up on the field. Trainers were massaging Knox's leg on the field and the refs stopped the clock and allowed it... allowing both teams to drink water and rehydrate.
Allen had multiple passes that were underthrown, at least 2 that hit the dirt in front of the receiver. I think its a good assumption that he was fatigued, and possibly even had sweaty palms because of the heat. I don't really wanna go out and make excuses, but seriously.

On a side note, the Bills were missing half their defense, players leaving because of the heat, players cramping up, Allen playing like crap.
Somehow the Bills were still able to shut down Hill. Neither Hill nor Waddle scored a TD. And the dolphins barely came out with a win by 2pts.
Dolphins suck. Tua sucks.

The whole team was off. They clearly weren't ready/prepared for 100 degree weather in the sun. Players were cramping up left and right. Hell, the refs weren't even forcing the teams to use their time outs when players started cramping up on the field. Trainers were massaging Knox's leg on the field and the refs stopped the clock and allowed it... allowing both teams to drink water and rehydrate.
Allen had multiple passes that were underthrown, at least 2 that hit the dirt in front of the receiver. I think its a good assumption that he was fatigued, and possibly even had sweaty palms because of the heat. I don't really wanna go out and make excuses, but seriously.

On a side note, the Bills were missing half their defense, players leaving because of the heat, players cramping up, Allen playing like crap.
Somehow the Bills were still able to shut down Hill. Neither Hill nor Waddle scored a TD. And the dolphins barely came out with a win by 2pts.
Any more excuses in that bag?

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Gabe Davis (ankle) is expected to play in Week 3 against the Dolphins.​

The ankle injury forced Davis to sit in Week 2, but he said he was "100 percent" confident he would return for Week 3 early this week. Nothing has changed and Buffalo will be getting their field-stretcher back for their date with Miami. Davis was targeted five times in Buffalo's season opener. He secured four of the looks for 88 yards and a touchdown. In a likely shootout with the Dolphins, Davis is a strong bet to post WR2 fantasy numbers.

Schefter is not very good at this FF stuff.

I had Davis on my bench this week for Lockett and didn't think it was a hard call.

Well, its not like we lost because Josh sucks.
You a dolphins fan?? Did you watch the game?
Do you honestly believe the results would be the same if the game was played in Bufffalo with 60 degree weather? or with all our starters?

Schefter is not very good at this FF stuff.

I had Davis on my bench this week for Lockett and didn't think it was a hard call.
To be fair, he did drop what should have been a sure TD pass, so his fortunes could have been dramatically different.

Do you honestly believe the results would be the same if the game was played in Bufffalo with 60 degree weather? or with all our starters?

Football doesn't exist in hypotheticals. You might want to take a breather.

Just like in life, sometimes in the game of football, son, you have to play with the hand your dealt. The wind won't always be at your back. A winner celebrates with grace and loses with grace.

This thread is becoming garbage. You Bills and Phins fans take your juvenile pissing match elsewhere.

So back to the topic at hand, how we feeling about Gabe this week? In theory, it should be a nice bounce back spot. Projects to be a shootout and Ravens secondary is suspect. But the ankle injury is a looming concern. Practice reports will be key this week.

This thread is becoming garbage. You Bills and Phins fans take your juvenile pissing match elsewhere.

So back to the topic at hand, how we feeling about Gabe this week? In theory, it should be a nice bounce back spot. Projects to be a shootout and Ravens secondary is suspect. But the ankle injury is a looming concern. Practice reports will be key this week.
Diggs repletedly has a lower body injury of some sort. Davis is going to be 3 weeks removed from his ankle tweak. Could be a nice spot for him.

Amazing spot for gabe Davis. Bills playing in more familiar climate and should do fine against ravens. Peters and Humphrey playing well but this defense is bleeding massive plays. Connect the dots!

Gabe Davis (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.`​

Davis missed Week 2 with an ankle injury but returned to a full workload last week, so the limited tag should be nothing more than maintenance. He ran a route on 96 percent of Josh Allen's dropbacks. That mark led the team. Davis saw six targets but went for just 37 yards. The Bills face the Ravens in a game with loads of shootout potential this week. Davis should be treated as a high-upside WR2.
Sep 28, 2022, 3:58 PM ET

He had a good game then sprained his ankle.

Players get hurt, and then tend to under-perform. What a revelation. :rolleyes:

What preposterous takes.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
I said some facts about Corey Davis scoring more points than him up to this point? Is it facts you are confusing with takes?
What a preposterous reply to my facts.
🙈

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
I said some facts about Corey Davis scoring more points than him up to this point? Is it facts you are confusing with takes?
🙈
No, It’s your terrible takes, I’m certain of it.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
Quote a “take” and tell my why I am wrong. It’s a message board and not everyone will have the same opinion. Don’t pull this childish stuff.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
Quote a “take” and tell my why I am wrong. It’s a message board and not everyone will have the same opinion. Don’t pull this childish stuff.
It’s not childish. My post was clear and unambiguous. I find your criticism of Davis preposterous in light of the fact that he had what we now know to be a significantly sprained ankle.

Again: players with injuries tend to underperform. I would think that would be obvious to everyone.

Let’s see what he does when healthy and then we can compare his performance to other players who are health. Apples to apples and all that.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
It’s not childish. My post was clear and unambiguous. I find your criticism of Davis preposterous in light of the fact that he had what we now know to be a significantly sprained ankle.

Again: players with injuries tend to underperform. I would think that would be obvious to everyone.

Let’s see what he does when healthy and then we can compare his performance to other players who are health. Apples to apples and all that.
I said multiple times in my posts..let’s see what he does when healthy. Not a revolutionary idea there.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈

I said multiple times in my posts..let’s see what he does when healthy. Not a revolutionary idea there.
Then we’re on be same page. (y)

Thanks for the insight.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
James Robinson has scored more points than Taylor and CEH and that is a fact. So if I make a statement like he is therefore better than both of those guys I would be stating a fact in your world. People are excited about his prospects but I don't know anyone that has anointed him the next Jerry Rice and I have not heard anyone say they expect him to outperform Diggs.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
James Robinson has scored more points than Taylor and CEH and that is a fact. So if I make a statement like he is therefore better than both of those guys I would be stating a fact in your world. People are excited about his prospects but I don't know anyone that has anointed him the next Jerry Rice and I have not heard anyone say they expect him to outperform Diggs.
No one said the next Jerry Rice. No one is the next Jerry Rice.
Hot sauce guy is on record saying he wouldn’t take 3 1sts for Gabriel Davis and later he modified it to two late firsts for Gabriel davis. So that’s what we are working with. You valuing Davis the same?
Also, there are people/a person in this thread that said they wouldn’t be surprised if Davis scores more points than diggs this year.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
Hot sauce guy is on record saying he wouldn’t take 3 1sts for Gabriel Davis and later he modified it to two late firsts for Gabriel davis. So that’s what we are working with. You valuing Davis the same?
Also, there are people/a person in this thread that said they wouldn’t be surprised if Davis scores more points than diggs this year.
I don't play in any dynasty leagues so I don't know what type of value Davis has but he is only 23 years old and plays in one of the best offenses in football and, barring injury, should remain so for many years to come. HSG is really high on Davis and he has every right to value the player as he sees fit. If you think he is a bad evaluator of talent you should try to join a league with him and steal his money :).

I have not seen any posters make that comment but among every player thread on this site there are people who post that I kind of ignore because you can tell that they probably drafted that player.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈
I said at the time it was hyperbolic.

Maybe take my name out your mouth unless you provide full context.
:rolleyes:

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈

Your posts have been deleted, but since people quote you I was able to copy and paste your exact quote:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I mean, yes and no. If he becomes a top 5 WR in the NFL, then last night was not his sell high point.

If he becomes a top 5 NFL WR, then I totally bought low. If I was offered 3x 1sts for him (say 2022, 2023. 2024) I'm not sure I'd accept, because his potential is as a top 5 NFL WR.

I don't see anywhere in this post that says you were being hyperbolic. I don't see anything to suggest over the top language at all. If you can't handle people having the receipts perhaps you should be called mild sauce guy.

What preposterous takes.
Takes?
🙈

Your posts have been deleted, but since people quote you I was able to copy and paste your exact quote:

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I mean, yes and no. If he becomes a top 5 WR in the NFL, then last night was not his sell high point.

If he becomes a top 5 NFL WR, then I totally bought low. If I was offered 3x 1sts for him (say 2022, 2023. 2024) I'm not sure I'd accept, because his potential is as a top 5 NFL WR.

I don't see anywhere in this post that says you were being hyperbolic. I don't see anything to suggest over the top language at all. If you can't handle people having the receipts perhaps you should be called mild sauce guy.
For one, I didn’t delete any posts.

For another, I said multiple times that it was a thought experiment, and made for interesting discussion.

Maybe stop obsessing over me and this won’t be an issue. It’s obvious you’re only doing this because I called you out for saying something dumb & comparing a hurt player to a healthy player.

Way to be vindictive.

For now I’ll simply set you to ignored user. 👍🏼

Users who are viewing this thread