What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Jayden Reed, GB (1 Viewer)

Watson officially out for Monday. Can we get a Jayden Reed breakout game please.
Is he playing hurt?

Reed? Same chest bruise he’s been dealing with for three weeks.

Last week his snaps went down from 39 to 30. He’s mostly a slot guy and his two low score games were directly attributable to low routes run - 14 in Week 9, 20 in Week 13. He averaged 34.5 rr in his 4 productive games since the bye.

Wicks has been seeing mostly outside WR snaps. He’ll probably see a career high in snaps & routes run. His yards/rr has been almost twice of Reed’s over the past 5 weeks. He’s been targeted on 26.5% of his routes since Week 7, will be interesting to see if Wicks can maintain that level of production in an increased role this week.

6/9 for 85 yards and a TD. Totally not predicting that stat line because it's what I need to eke a win out this week... no, definitely not the case...

6/9 for 85 yards and a TD. Totally not predicting that stat line because it's what I need to eke a win out this week... no, definitely not the case...
I care because I want that for me.
With Dillon being pedestrian, Jones coming back from injury, and Watson out.... I'd really like to think it works out favorably for Reed (and likely the other WRs too). But its the NFL, and it's primetime. So really anything could happen.

I care because I want that for me.
With Dillon being pedestrian, Jones coming back from injury, and Watson out.... I'd really like to think it works out favorably for Reed (and likely the other WRs too). But its the NFL, and it's primetime. So really anything could happen.
Jones likely still out

Reed only had a 42% snap count yesterday, and saw that Wicks was at 78%. Was that due to the toe injury and Wicks filling Watsons role? Interesting that they both got more targets than Doubs.

Reed went out pretty early in the 4th quarter. It looked like he rolled over the front of his foot and bent it back on itself.

13:40 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Love pass short left to J.Reed to TB 27 for 5 yards (C.Kancey).

FWIW, I saw him interviewed by his locker after the game and he was very composed. You could tell he was down because they lost but optimistic and certainly didn't seem down like "we lost , I'm hurt, this sucks, I quit"

Starts week with practice absence​

Reed (toe) isn't practicing Wednesday, Rob Demovsky of ESPN.com reports.

Advice: Reed dealt with chest and ankle injuries earlier this month, but it was a different injury that knocked him out of Sunday's loss to Tampa Bay in the fourth quarter. An absence from practice to start the week suggests he's in at least some danger of missing this Sunday's game at Carolina.

From Rotoworld:

"Reed, along with fellow receiver Christian Watson, was physically present at practice on Wednesday but not participating in any drills. It’s possible that the team is being cautious with Reed’s practice reps"

They are supposed to announce inactive players 90 minutes before kickoff, but could come down to a game time decision. If anyone reads has any news, now is the time to post it.

From Rotoworld Wednesday 12/27

Packers WR Jayden Reed (toe/chest) was back at practice on Wednesday.

The Packers rookie slot receiver missed Week 16 with his injuries but appears to be on track to return in Week 17, provided he responds well to the early week practices.
Reed had emerged as a key contributor in the Packers’ passing attack and had six catches for 52 yards and a score in Week 15 before exiting with an injury in the fourth quarter.
His likely return is also good news for Jordan Love.

From Rotoworld, Thursday 12/28

Packers WR Jayden Reed (toe/chest) was limited at practice Thursday.

Reed received the same listing on Wednesday's estimated practice report due to the pair of injuries that have impacted his on-field reps since Week 12 prep.
The toe issue forced the rookie second-round pick to miss this past Sunday's game in Carolina, but he seems to be closing in on active status again, which could be revealed as soon as the Packers post their final injury report of the week Friday.

Meanwhile, Christian Watson (hamstring) and Dontayvion Wicks (chest/ankle) have yet to mix into drills this week, so a returning Reed could be in line for a large workload alongside Romeo Doubs if he's able to suit up.

No injury designation for Reed

Matt LaFleur on the game statuses for Sunday vs. Minnesota:

Doubtful: Christian Watson, Emanuel Wilson, De'Vondre Campbell.

Questionable: Robert Rochell, Darnell Savage, T.J. Slaton, Dontayvion Wicks.

Wicks was "very limited."

Jayden Reed is off the report and good to go.
I'm hearing Wicks doubtful, so that upticks Kraft IMO as well as Reed obviously.

I'm hearing Wicks doubtful, so that upticks Kraft IMO as well as Reed obviously.
Wicks is listed as questionable in today's report.

per CBS Sports -

Wicks (chest/ankle) isn't practicing Friday and isn't likely to play Sunday against the Vikings, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.

Wicks played through an ankle injury last week and filled in for Christian Watson (hamstring) until a chest injury in the second quarter ended his day early. Coach Matt LaFleur said Wicks and Watson would need to practice Friday to have a shot at playing this week, and with neither having done so, it looks like Malik Heath and/or Bo Melton will get significant playing time again.

per CBS Sports -

Wicks (chest/ankle) isn't practicing Friday and isn't likely to play Sunday against the Vikings, Matt Schneidman of The Athletic reports.

Wicks played through an ankle injury last week and filled in for Christian Watson (hamstring) until a chest injury in the second quarter ended his day early. Coach Matt LaFleur said Wicks and Watson would need to practice Friday to have a shot at playing this week, and with neither having done so, it looks like Malik Heath and/or Bo Melton will get significant playing time again.

Will be interesting to see how Heath does...looks pretty good in limited looks...not sure who is handling the scouting for the Packers WRs and TEs but he is doing an amazing job!

per CBS Sports -

Will be interesting to see how Heath does...looks pretty good in limited looks...not sure who is handling the scouting for the Packers WRs and TEs but he is doing an amazing job!
I believe the play here, besides Reed, is Kraft.

per CBS Sports -

I believe the play here, besides Reed, is Kraft.

Agree...wasn't talking fantasy with Heath...just that he is another young WR that looks he can play.

Being a Sunday night game makes it risky to wait n see , i saw Doubs on the WW and grabbed him in case , easy risk free add
Most of us aren't in four team leagues tho
Always a hilarious joke. Always.

Reactions: Bri
Being a Sunday night game makes it risky to wait n see , i saw Doubs on the WW and grabbed him in case , easy risk free add
Always a hilarious joke. Always.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:mellow:

That wasn’t funny the first time someone said it 20 years ago and it’s not funny now. Back to the joke drawing board for you.

That wasn’t funny the first time someone said it 20 years ago and it’s not funny now. Back to the joke drawing board for you.
I agree, but are people really still playing Yahoo Public Leagues :)

People may want to play more leagues but either don’t have the money or just don’t want to spend the time and money on FF that serious leagues require.

Wait what’s up with Yahoo public leagues?

They became too easy to win

They became too easy to win
Oh. My first year playing in any. Won one out of two lol.

Users who are viewing this thread