What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

Chiefs need to trade for Mike Evans
That's a great idea. In fact everyone should be trying to trade for Evans Godwin too. Broncos, Patriots, Giants, Panthers, Rams and Texans could all use either as their new WR1 (Rams until Kupp returns at least).

Ball skills aren't always an up or down thing. That one he needed to catch, it appeared that what came natural to him was to cradle-catch it. The idea is to see it all the way in & pin it against the chest. The forearms factor quite a bit. How it is we're seeing this at the professional level is baffling. The Moore drop was actually a great play by the defender who reached around & knocked it out after Moore had caught it. A couple of key plays, you can argue they should've been caught but Mahomes' placement certainly not what it could've been. But the pick six, that one's out in front of Toney, he does extend the hands.. wowser. Rashee Rice is going to go from being rostered on less than 6% of leagues at nfl.com to maybe as high as 50.

Everyone was singing his praises during the Superbowl. He will be fine. It was one bad game. Next week is a buy-low window.
My only takeaway for sure from this game is they don't have anyone they consider #1 right now
12 players caught passes last night, with no one more than 5 targets, so I think that's a fair assessment - at least as things stand right now. Hate to make too much out of one game, but one of these WRs is really going to have to separate from the pack to be consistently fantasy worthy. Not sure I would want to rely on that though, especially after Kelce gets force fed going forward.

Saw a post earlier that Toney is like the Imposter from Among Us, where he's pretending to be a WR just so he can kill (with the Chiefs chances at winning being the #1 target).

I've slept on it. I've still concluded last night's performance was embarrassing. I never blame on player for an NFL game, but he literally cost them the game..
Who was that Vikings WR drafted several years ago that couldn't catch the ball? He reminds me of him.

I've slept on it. I've still concluded last night's performance was embarrassing. I never blame on player for an NFL game, but he literally cost them the game..
Who was that Vikings WR drafted several years ago that couldn't catch the ball? He reminds me of him.
Treadwell?
No, it wasn't him.

Troy Williamson? 7th overall pick back in the mid-2000s.

EDIT - too slow

Treadwell?
No, it wasn't him.
Might not be who your thinking but Troy Williamson comes to mind. Drafted 7th overall and had documented vision issues. 11 dropped balls. Wrs that drop ball don't last.

Treadwell?
No, it wasn't him.
Might not be who your thinking but Troy Williamson comes to mind. Drafted 7th overall and had documented vision issues. 11 dropped balls. Wrs that drop ball don't last.
yeah I posted that up stream. That's the one I was thinking of.

technically they hit his hands but weren't in his hands...once he catches it...look out!
You might want to check out that little push pass in the Chief’s 1st RZ trip. He had the ball in his hands and (wet farting sounds)

Oh yeah - they tried a little stretch play with the ball in his hands and he lost 3 yards.

Not exactly electric.

I'm willing to give Toney the benefit of the doubt for last night. Granted, he should have caught those balls, but he had knee surgery 6 weeks ago and worked his *** off to get back for this game. So he's had literally no practice reps til this week.

And Reid did him no favors with that end around play in the 4th quarter. You can't call that with a guy just back from knee surgery.

He has to be better moving forward obviously. But that game wasn't all on him.

The drop where Moore ran in front of him, ok he gets a pass on tnat.

But the last one where he was open for a likely massive gain and possibly a 65+ yard TD he completely alligator armed.

Down 1 point.

That was the one that cost them the game. He catches that he’s easily in FG range and very likely scores.

Joking aside, I felt like a lot of the pass plays last night were catches, and then tackles. Someone caught a ball, facing Mahomes, and got tackled.

Watching KC offense in prior years, there was a lot of misdirection, players getting into space, and catching balls in stride. The real pressure the KC offense put in you was guys getting the ball in stride. I didn't see as much of that last night, and overall, I thought the game plan wasn't particularly dynamic.

I'm willing to give Toney the benefit of the doubt for last night. Granted, he should have caught those balls, but he had knee surgery 6 weeks ago and worked his *** off to get back for this game. So he's had literally no practice reps til this week.

And Reid did him no favors with that end around play in the 4th quarter. You can't call that with a guy just back from knee surgery.

I'll allow it

Joking aside, I felt like a lot of the pass plays last night were catches, and then tackles. Someone caught a ball, facing Mahomes, and got tackled.

Watching KC offense in prior years, there was a lot of misdirection, players getting into space, and catching balls in stride. The real pressure the KC offense put in you was guys getting the ball in stride. I didn't see as much of that last night, and overall, I thought the game plan wasn't particularly dynamic.
Answer: Kelce.

disagree. the pick 6 turned the tide of the game.

The only thing missing was Toney delivering sweet chin music to Mahomes in the middle of a play ala Shawn Michaels turning on Marty Jannetty, then dramatically tearing off his uniform to reveal a Detroit logo underneath.

Patrick Mahomes said he still “has trust” in Kadarius Toney.

Toney, after missing the preseason with a knee injury, had a disastrous Thursday night opener against the Lions. He recorded three drops, including one returned for a touchdown by the Lions and another late in the fourth quarter. Mahomes said after the loss to Detroit that he trusts Toney is “gonna be that guy that I go to in those crucial moments, and he’s gonna make the catch and win us some seasons like he did last year. So we’re gonna continue to work him in, get him more and more reps, and I’m sure those drops will kind of disappear.” Toney played 24.5 percent of the Chiefs’ offense snaps on Thursday night, drawing five targets on 11 pass routes. Toney shouldn’t be dropped to waiver wires after his rough outing.

Users who are viewing this thread