What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Kadarius Toney, KC (1 Viewer)

Kadarius Toney caught 1-of-5 targets for one yard in the Chiefs’ Week 1 loss to the Lions, adding a -1 yard rush.

The box score is as awful as you will ever see and still doesn’t tell the whole story. That’s because three of Toney’s missed connections were drops, two of them egregious. The first created a pick-six that went in the box score as a Patrick Mahomes “interception.” The second was a fourth quarter muff that stalled a potential comeback. There were precisely zero positives for a player who profiled as something of an X-factor for the Chiefs this summer. The only good news whatsoever was that Toney managed to avoid further hamstring complications. In dire need of play-making ability opposite Travis Kelce, the Chiefs aren’t going to mothball Toney after one bad night, but he will be on the spot against the Jaguars in Week 2. He remains a volatile WR4.

Wow, Toney and Moore. Just wow.

Where exactly are the Chiefs spending all their money? Mahomes, discount. Kelce, discount. Chris Jones, unpaid.
All other offensive skill players overpaid at league minimum.

What now? Mahomes is $40MM against the cap, Kelce is $15MM, Jones counts for $28MM. That’s nearly 40% of their entire cap in 3 guys, 2 of which weren’t on the field tonight.

Yung Joka did catch a TD in the super bowl. He did have that one game against the Cowboys where he made Diggs look like an amateur in 2021.

Where exactly are the Chiefs spending all their money? Mahomes, discount. Kelce, discount. Chris Jones, unpaid.

What now? Mahomes is $40MM against the cap, Kelce is $15MM, Jones counts for $28MM. That’s nearly 40% of their entire cap in 3 guys, 2 of which weren’t on the field tonight.
Also $22MM to Joe Thuney at LG.

MVS making $11MM looks every bit as stupid as it did at the time.

Also $22MM to Joe Thuney at LG.

MVS making $11MM looks every bit as stupid as it did at the time.

Also a good chunk in dead money for Frank Clark I believe. Had a good playoff run, but dude never could stay healthy during the regular season. Not a great signing for them either.

Mahomes is $40MM against the cap, Kelce is $15MM, Jones counts for $28MM

Significant market discounts for who/what they are. Question is where is all the other 60% going because the rest of Mahomie's skill players looked very sus tonight, and even superman Kelce can't do it all by himself when he returns.

Significant market discounts for who/what they are. Question is where is all the other 60% going because the rest of Mahomie's skill players looked very sus tonight, and even superman Kelce can't do it all by himself when he returns.

Lol, okay then. Mahomes has the largest cap hit of any individual player in the league, but let’s call it a discount.

Edit: that may have changed after Bosa and Burrow’s recent extensions but he’s likely still near the very top.

Lol, okay then. Mahomes has the largest cap hit of any individual player in the league, but let’s call it a discount.

Edit: that may have changed after Bosa and Burrow’s recent extensions but he’s likely still near the very top.

Ok, now we are getting somewhere. So Mahomes is currently the 9th highest paid NFL QB,

But has the largest 2023 cap hit, due to some can kicking from prior years (which resulted in two Lombardis, so who is going to argue against that). Makes more sense now, but also ominous if either Patty Mah or Kelce decide they want to be paid more proper like Chris Jones has. Chiefs' patchwork skill guys finally caught up to them tonight, but one game doesn't define anything, so not getting carried away.

Everyone was singing his praises during the Superbowl. He will be fine. It was one bad game. Next week is a buy-low window.
My only takeaway for sure from this game is they don't have anyone they consider #1 right now

I have two major takeaways from this game and they are both reinforcements of two things I already firmly believed weren’t changing.

1- Skyy Moore is not a WR, not at all a thing and never was, and is completely and utterly useless for fantasy

2- Toney is a totally unreliable. If it’s not the hamstring, it’s the head. If it’s not the head, it’s the hands. If it’s not the hands, its some other new injury. He had some real talent but it’s way, way in the rear view at this point. There’s a lot wrong here. Not gonna pretend to know all of the why behind it, but he’s garbage for fantasy. I get why an NFL team would give him chances and maybe he has another game here or there, but it’s abundantly clear he is unreliable in every possible way.

Toney was a 1st rd draft pick joke by the Giants. He had what? 120/1590/12 in 4 years? That's like one great season spread out over 4 years. He's had off the field character issues, but yeah, draft him at 1.14 Hated when the Giants took him, almost as much as I hated them taking Odell over A.Darnold, really? Or J.Hyatt over J.Mingo

Textbook buy low candidate. The week 1 overreaction to this abysmal game will be astonishing.
Toney's a turd, always was, always will be
Perhaps, but I'm simply a value guy, esp where "potential" upside moving forward is concerned. He will never have a worse game, he plays with one of the greatest QB's of all time, and he will basically cost nothing now.

I'm not sold on him either. One can't simply dismiss his health concerns, but I can easily dismiss tonight as a total outlier, and I do still have flashbacks to that game against the Cowboys his rookie year when he had 11 touches for 196 yards. He looked unstoppable. So, ROS outlook could still very well be somewhere between that game and the one we saw tonight....which would make acquiring him for nothing seem like the shark move.

When a team that drafted you as a mid 1st round pick trades you for pennies on the dollar after 6 months, somethings array.

Users who are viewing this thread