What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Marquise Brown, KC (1 Viewer)

It's not just Jackson, it's the offensive coordinator. He has not evolved this offense one bit from last year while at the same time defenses have caught up to them.

Just an unimaginative offense. No WR sweeps for Brown (although yes for Snead) and you never see Jackson throwing with velocity at medium to long depth outside of the hashmarks. It's all lame/conservative dump offs either to Andrews who runs five yard button hooks or to another big body in Snead running in the middle.

Hard to hold him now. I have a couple other dopes to drop first (in T. Pope and J. Wilkins). Brown is next in line, but I may not need to go that deep since waivers looks slim and I'd be dropping Brown for just another aggravation.
Good point about the OC and the play calling. Greg Roman missed his shot last year to grab a HC job. He’s going to be on nobody’s short list of hot coaching candidates this year.

The only hope is that unlike these other weeks when the Ravens were winning despite this garbage offense, they just lost to a bad Pats team. I mean, Joe Flacco of all people carved this D up a week ago. You would think that would inspire some changes, but I have my doubts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an unusable player at this point. I know the schedule opens up going forward, but until Lamar shows some semblance of improvement passing the ball, I don’t know how you can use him. The guy was throwing hospital balls all game last night. Some regression with Lamar was to be expected, but it’s shocking how bad he looks now. 

I’m still wary to drop him since the playoff matchups are so juicy and I wouldn’t want him blowing up against me. But at this point the odds of that happening are looking slimmer by the week.

What’s everyone else doing with him? Drop city?
I dropped him before the games this week to pick up a DST for next week.  I wanted to hold him but he was my 5th WR and I only start 2-3.  I really couldn't see any chance that I would be starting him.

Finally cut Brown loose. Last week was it for me. Snead getting targets over him was bad enough, but Dez now in the mix as well is a bridge too far.

I don’t care how good the playoff matchups are, with his role on this anemic pass offense, I don’t know how you could consider starting him going forward.

Finally cut Brown loose. Last week was it for me. Snead getting targets over him was bad enough, but Dez now in the mix as well is a bridge too far.

I don’t care how good the playoff matchups are, with his role on this anemic pass offense, I don’t know how you could consider starting him going forward.
I traded him for Mike Davis who will most likely only be used for two weeks. Guy instantly accepted but I don't feel bad at all.

Cut him yesterday for Brian Hill. I figure he'll sit there anyways because the PIT/BALT game is up in the air.

If I REALLY want him back I bet his projections are low enough during the next waiver period I could get him. That said, odds are I will not bother.

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-8 targets for 85 yards and a touchdown in Week 12 against the Steelers.

Brown scored his third touchdown of the season on a miraculous 70-yard catch and run from Trace McSorley deep into the fourth quarter. In his previous four games, Brown totaled just 55 receiving yards and remains one of the most disappointing fantasy assets this season. It would be difficult to trust him in starting lineups in Week 13 despite a great matchup against the Cowboys' defense.

Dec 2, 2020, 8:06 PM ET

Imagine if he turned around his season and started producing? I'd get a kick out of that. I own shares of him nowhere. I almost offered Mostert for him in dynasty instead of the second rounder I got and thought, "I'd rather have a second-round pick." That may be foolish, but that's how I feel about him. 

Imagine if he turned around his season and started producing? I'd get a kick out of that. I own shares of him nowhere. I almost offered Mostert for him in dynasty instead of the second rounder I got and thought, "I'd rather have a second-round pick." That may be foolish, but that's how I feel about him. 
You got me thinking... what if that last game spurs on Hollywood to finish the season strong. Heck, he might even be worth a what the heck flex this week. Great matchup! I think I'll add him lol. 

Marquise Brown caught 5-of-8 targets for 39 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 13 win over the Cowboys.

Brown has scored in two-straight games, both of which came without Mark Andrews. On Tuesday, Hollywood Brown had Lamar Jackson back at quarterback, and the former MVP mostly locked onto his top receiver. Brown was targeted on eight of Lamar's 17 attempts (47% target share), a positive sign for his flex potential in the fantasy playoffs. Even with the touchdown streak, Brown simply offers zero floor in this up-and-down offense. His matchup against the Browns is a decent one, however, especially if CB Denzel Ward is ruled out.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:20 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught just 2-of-6 targets for 50 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 14 win over the Browns.

Brown was stuck on 1-6 receiving before the final two minutes when he reeled in a 44-yard touchdown from Lamar Jackson on 4th-and-5 with 1:51 to play to put the Ravens ahead 42-35. The secondary bit on Jackson possibly running, and Brown snuck behind for the walk-in score. Prior to that catch, Brown had dropped three of his five targets, including a brutal third-down one from Trace McSorley when Jackson missed two possessions in the locker room with cramps. Brown is very boom-or-bust but gets a gorgeous Week 15 draw against the Jaguars.

Dec 15, 2020, 12:21 AM ET

Ravens placed WR Marquise Brown on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

A positive test would rule Brown out for Week 15. There's a chance Brown can still get cleared if he's only a close contact. The Ravens also placed WRs Miles Boykin and James Proche in COVID protocols. They activated Dez Bryant from the COVID-19 list earlier this week.

RELATED: 

Miles Boykin

, James Proche

Dec 16, 2020, 4:18 PM ET

MARQUISE BROWN WR, BALTIMORE RAVENS

Ravens head coach Jim Harbaugh said Marquise Brown, Miles Boykin, and James Proche are expected to come off the reserve/COVID-19 list in time to play Week 15 against the Jaguars. 

The wideouts were placed on the COVID-19 list on Wednesday. If they were close contacts of someone who tested positive for COVID-19, the receivers should be able to play this week against Jacksonville. Brown would be a volatile WR3 if he can suit up. 

RELATED: 

Miles Boykin

, James Proche

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Dec 18, 2020, 1:32 PM ET

Ravens activated WR Marquise Brown from the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Brown spent the last four days in COVID protocols. The Ravens have already said he'll play in Week 15 against the Jaguars. Baltimore also activated WRs Miles Boykin and James Proche from the COVID list.

Dec 19, 2020, 5:11 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught 6-of-7 targets for 98 yards in the Ravens' Week 15 win against the Jaguars. 

Brown, who played despite missing practice all week on the reserve/COVID-19 list, had a 44-yard grab down the sideline as the Ravens ran away with the game. Leading the team in targets, it appears Brown has re-established himself as Baltimore's nominal No. 1 wideout, though that might not offer much in a slow-paced, run-heavy offense. Brown should be regarded as a high-end WR3 next week against the Giants. 

Dec 20, 2020, 5:02 PM ET

Marquise Brown was added to the Ravens' Thursday injury report with a knee issue, missing practice. 

We were hoping Brown's absence was a maintenance day. That's still possible, but a mid-week addition as a "DNP" is an ominous sign. Brown should not be considered truly questionable to suit up against the Giants. Brown has just recently begun to re-emerge as a viable WR3. A "limited" session on Friday would put him on track to play. 

SOURCE: Aaron Kasinitz on Twitter 

Dec 24, 2020, 4:19 PM ET

Marquise Brown (knee) is questionable for Week 16 against the Giants.

Brown was added to the injury report on Thursday with "knee soreness", but he was a full participant on Friday. He'll play barring an unexpected setback. The Ravens offense has clicked since Lamar Jackson returned from the COVID-19 list. Brown is a reasonable WR3/flex option in the fantasy finals. He remains one of the most boom-bust assets.

Dec 25, 2020, 6:07 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-4 targets for 25 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 16 win against the Giants. 

Brown was involved early on, catching his touchdown in the first quarter. Baltimore mostly kept the ball on the ground in the second half, leaving little opportunity for Baltimore's pass catchers, including Brown. Brown, who has been serviceable for fantasy purposes in recent weeks, gets the Bengals in Week 17. He should be regarded as a high-end WR3. 

- Rotoworld

Marquise Brown caught 5-of-8 targets for 41 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens' Week 17 win against the Bengals. 

Brown's day could've been even better had he not dropped a deep shot from Lamar Jackson in the first quarter. Brown has had a late-season resurgence that happens to coincide with Willie Snead being out of the Ravens' lineup. Snead was out again against the Bengals and Brown thrived as the team's top receiving option. "Hollywood" will look to continue his hot streak in the first round of the playoffs. 

- Rotoworld

Where are we at on this guy in dynasty terms?  I ### him and I think he's a firm hold.  Is anyone buying?  Extrapolating his last 6 regular season games, we roughly get 70-900-16.  

Obviously I'm not banking on 16 TD seasons, but I still think he's DeSean Jackson's equal with regards to virtually all metrics, with the hope that he has better health outcomes over his career arc. Also, I think his Lamar Jackson will increasingly need to lean on WRs with speed/separation imbalances  and advantages, at least until his accuracy improves.

I think he can settle into 85-1200-10 rut.  Am I the only one?

Where are we at on this guy in dynasty terms?  I ### him and I think he's a firm hold.  Is anyone buying?  Extrapolating his last 6 regular season games, we roughly get 70-900-16.  

Obviously I'm not banking on 16 TD seasons, but I still think he's DeSean Jackson's equal with regards to virtually all metrics, with the hope that he has better health outcomes over his career arc. Also, I think his Lamar Jackson will increasingly need to lean on WRs with speed/separation imbalances  and advantages, at least until his accuracy improves.

I think he can settle into 85-1200-10 rut.  Am I the only one?
I don't think the passing game volume will be there to consistently give him 80+ receptions.  He may have some 1200 yard seasons, but I don't see him as being a consisten 1200 yard lock.  

The TD's...he'll probably have a few 10 TD seasons.  He's had 7 and 8.  No reason he can't get 2 more.  I don't think he'll consistently be a 10 TD guy.  Jackson will steal TD's.  The running backs will take a lot in.  Andrews takes a lot of the receiving TD's.  He certainly has 10 TD upside.  

I think you're happy with something like 68, 1000, 8 given the run heavy offense he's on with a QB that likes to run it in.  His ability to stretch the field and open up the running game is a tremendous part of his value to the Ravens, just doesn't get you a lot of Fantasy points.

Marquise Brown caught 7-of-9 targets for 109 in the Ravens' Wild Card win over the Titans.

Brown also got credit for two carries which he turned into 19 yards. Without any egregious drops, Brown looked like the consistent downfield burner Baltimore drafted him to be. He now has at least 90 yards or a touchdown in seven consecutive games. Contributing on a weekly basis has not been Brown's strong suit this year, disappearing from that stat sheet for stretches of games at a time. If he can continue producing in the Divisional Round, he may be able to remove the "bust" from his boom/bust moniker.

- Rotoworld

Marquise Brown caught 4-of-7 targets for 87 yards in the Ravens' Division Round loss to the Bills.

Brown was unusable for the first half of the 2020 season in fantasy circles, but he caught fire down the stretch to somewhat save his end-of-year stat line (58-769-8 on 100 targets). The second-year pro was utilized downfield even more this season, which partially explains his streaky production. It's worth questioning if Brown profiles as an NFL team's No. 1 receiver. At the very least, the Ravens need to bring in a capable No. 2 receiver this offseason to ease Brown's individual matchups. Nonetheless, his elite speed will keep his fantasy hopes alive as a flex option. He's averaged 45.1 yards per game through two seasons.

- Rotoworld
He's not a #1, will get you the big catch/possession 1st down WR. Allen Robinson would be a big get as at the very least he can groom Boykin for that role while actually being a legit #1.

I'm not sky high on Brown.

But Devil's Advocate:  8 straight games with at least 87 yards or a TD.  He had 11 for 196 in 2 Playoff games.

He had that 20 yard catch on 3rd and 18 to get them the big 1st down.  He's only in his 2nd year, and he's on a very run heavy offense with a passing scheme that's overly simplified.  

I watched both of their playoff games after not watching much Ravens football during the regular season.  I was impressed at his ability to find holes in the defense. He got multiple "big" first downs against the Titans.  

He's not going to give you an Allen Robinson 100 catch season.  But he can be a very good, productive WR.  

I'm not sky high on Brown.

But Devil's Advocate:  8 straight games with at least 87 yards or a TD.  He had 11 for 196 in 2 Playoff games.

He had that 20 yard catch on 3rd and 18 to get them the big 1st down.  He's only in his 2nd year, and he's on a very run heavy offense with a passing scheme that's overly simplified.  

I watched both of their playoff games after not watching much Ravens football during the regular season.  I was impressed at his ability to find holes in the defense. He got multiple "big" first downs against the Titans.  

He's not going to give you an Allen Robinson 100 catch season.  But he can be a very good, productive WR.  
I would agree to this. The biggest issue with him is his specialty is getting the big play, and so many of those were missed this year. Had another one sail over his wide open head last night (that one was when Lamar was out). If Lamar can improve his deep ball to Marquise he could become a 70-1100-8/10 guy.

Ravens WR Marquise Brown (hamstring) was cleared for conditioning drills. 

Brown worked on a side field at Saturday's practice. The third-year receiver has missed the last seven days of Ravens' camp. Baltimore hasn't put a timetable on Brown's return, saying only that the injury is more serious than originally thought. Rookie WR Rashod Bateman has repped with the first-team offense with Brown sidelined.

SOURCE: ESPN

Aug 7, 2021, 12:23 PM ET

I would agree to this. The biggest issue with him is his specialty is getting the big play, and so many of those were missed this year. Had another one sail over his wide open head last night (that one was when Lamar was out). If Lamar can improve his deep ball to Marquise he could become a 70-1100-8/10 guy.
Its interesting to me that people view this as a "will Lamar improve" problem and not a "will the offense evolve" problem. Hollywood is not limited by Lamar, he's limited by the play calling. The Ravens don't want Brown to be a 70-1100 guy because they don't want to throw that much.

Its interesting to me that people view this as a "will Lamar improve" problem and not a "will the offense evolve" problem. Hollywood is not limited by Lamar, he's limited by the play calling. The Ravens don't want Brown to be a 70-1100 guy because they don't want to throw that much.
I've had this theory, that if Brown and Andrews were in an Andy Reid style offense instead of this one, they might do reasonable impressions of peak level D-Jax and Ertz. 

I've had this theory, that if Brown and Andrews were in an Andy Reid style offense instead of this one, they might do reasonable impressions of peak level D-Jax and Ertz. 
In a couple years if Ravens don’t resign Marquise I could envision him playing on the Chiefs.

If we count the misses the two had I think some blame does fall on Lamar. I would agree the offense is not wide receiver friendly, but based on the Ravens attempts to address the position it seems like they want to change that.

At his current ADP, I kinda like MB as a sleepy 4th WR this year.

The issue with MB seems to be they lacked a reliable underneath threat while Brown runs his fly routes. Watkins seems to provide a solution there. 

Now, as others have suggested, LJax needs to deliver him the ball when he gets open. 

Could be a little post-hype breakout coming. 

Marquise Brown (hamstring) has yet to be cleared for team drills.

Brown has been limited to running on a side field since the first week of training camp. Coach John Harbaugh hasn’t put a timetable on when the Ravens expect him back, but the lack of practice reps has Brown's Week 1 status in question. The Ravens offense lost starting RB J.K. Dobbins (knee) to a potential season-ending injury in their preseason finale, and could be without both Brown and Rashod Bateman (core muscle surgery) for the start of the season.

SOURCE: baltimoreravens.com

Aug 29, 2021, 9:54 AM ET

At his current ADP, I kinda like MB as a sleepy 4th WR this year.

The issue with MB seems to be they lacked a reliable underneath threat while Brown runs his fly routes. Watkins seems to provide a solution there. 

Now, as others have suggested, LJax needs to deliver him the ball when he gets open. 

Could be a little post-hype breakout coming. 
Needs to go to another team. Hopefully they don't guarantee his 5th year.

Marquise Brown caught all six of his targets for 69 yards and one touchdown in the Ravens' Week 1 loss to the Raiders.

Brown's long gain went for 29 yards, and his second-quarter touchdown came from 10 yards out to put the Ravens up 14-0. Brown later made a nice one-handed grab, but it was Sammy Watkins who led the Ravens in receiving (4-96) and targets (8). Brown still made the most of his and had a productive night. He'll be a risk-reward WR3 for next week's showdown with the Chiefs.

Marquise Brown (ankle) remained sidelined for Thursday's practice. 

Whereas Wednesday could have been explained away as maintenance on a short week, we are now in the "concern" zone. Even a "limited" session on Friday would have Brown back on track to suit up against the Raiders, but fantasy managers can no longer take his status for granted. The Ravens' receiver corps would be a sorry state of affairs without Brown, with only Sammy Watkins capable of providing any sort of high-quality targets. 

SOURCE: Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter 

Sep 16, 2021, 1:42 PM ET

Marquise Brown (ankle) is active for Week 2 against the Chiefs.

Brown will play after a limited week of practice. The injury makes him a risker WR3 for a potential shootout with the Chiefs. The Ravens inactives are OT Ronnie Stanley, OLB Daelin Hayes, DE Derek Wolfe, DL Broderick Washington, and CB Jimmy Smith.

Sep 19, 2021, 6:55 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught six passes for 113 yards and a touchdown in the Ravens' Week 2 win over the Chiefs.

Brown took advantage of a broken coverage and got behind the Chiefs secondary for a walk-in 42-yard touchdown. The Ravens' pass offense went through Brown, who led the team with eight targets. Brown looked fully healthy after only getting in one practice this week with an ankle injury. The third-year wideout has at least 90 yards or a touchdown in his last seven games going back to last season.

Sep 20, 2021, 12:04 AM ET

Marquise Brown (ankle) did not participate in Thursday's practice. 

Brown was limited on Wednesday and dealt with the same ankle injury last week. In fact, he had even less early participation last week as he missed both Wednesday and Thursday. Then he put up 113 yards and a touchdown on a team-leading eight targets on Sunday. Squarely in the WR2 conversation, it's hard to be pessimistic on Brown based on the pattern, but Friday's practice will loom large yet again. 

SOURCE: Jonas Shaffer on Twitter

Sep 23, 2021, 1:53 PM ET

Marquise Brown (ankle) returned to practice Friday. 

We don't yet know if Brown logged a limited or full Friday practice after missing practice Thursday, but a Friday return is usually good news for a player's Sunday availability. Fantasy managers can expect Brown to be active in Week 3 against a soft Detroit secondary. Brown has a 31 percent target share in the run-heavy Baltimore offense through two weeks. 

SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Sep 24, 2021, 12:00 PM ET

Marquise Brown caught three of seven targets for 37 yards in the Ravens' Week 3 win against the Lions. 

What could have been for Brown: The speedster and leading Ravens receiver dropped not one, not two, but three touchdowns against the Lions. On two of the drops, Brown found himself wide open thanks to Detroit coverage busts. He appeared befuddled after head coach John Harbaugh took Brown aside for a pep talk. Instead of a week-winning stat line, Brown posted 6.7 PPR points against the Lions. He remains the unquestioned WR1 in Baltimore and should be a high-end WR3 next week against Denver.
You have to have seen it to believe it...

Users who are viewing this thread