What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Michael Crabtree, Free Agent (3 Viewers)

I have him in one league. He practiced the last 2 days so I am keeping him in my line up, especially with a very good match up

So I just heard on a podcast that Crabtree is a game time decision? That was news to me. With a late start it sounds like I have to go to my next option which would be Cooks. Was excited to have Crabtree as my 3, but we're not off to a good start. :mellow: Hopefully the calf issue doesn't linger.

What are others planning with a 1:00 deadline?
He's 100% going to play.

Maiocco said today he doesn't think any player--Crab, Boldin, VD, Stevie--gets over 85 catches this year (duh). He sees the hot hand/matchup producing.

I think Crab gets 80, but interesting to hear Matt's take. He also put Kap's passing yardage at 3600. I'd be shocked if he was under 4k. Expecting a big jump this season with some legitimate targets.
Still a run first team though. 4K seems a bit too optimistic for me.
Harbaugh plays to his strengths, and IMO there is more talent in the passing game for the first time in his tenure.The team will still run heavily, but I believe this is the year the passing game develops. 250 yds/game is really not much in today's NFL.
Tons more receiving talent obviously this year, but whether passing becomes a strength of the team depends on Kaepernick's development as a passer more than the WR talent IMO.

The podcast I heard referenced Crabtree saying he'll play but they also added that the team is more concerned than he seems to be, which has them declaring the game time decision. It's such a great matchup I just don't want to get burned in week 1.

Also interested in why he's questionable. The matchup is too tantalizing but I don't want to roll him out and get a fat zero ala Roddy White last year.

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

According to FOX's Jay Glazer, Michael Crabtree (calf) is a "true" game-time decision for Sunday's Week 1 game against the Cowboys.

The media covering the 49ers has not been alarmed over Crabtree's status and fully expected him to play. However, this calf strain is apparently more serious than the Niners have let on. We'd still lean toward Crabtree suiting up in this dream matchup, but we won't know for sure until roughly 3pm ET. Owners should have pivots in the late games at their disposal. Stevie Johnson and Anquan Boldin would be the top-two wideouts of Crabtree can't go.

Sep 7 - 12:50 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Playing through a calf injury, Michael Crabtree caught 2-of-4 targets for 25 yards in San Francisco's Week 1 win over the Cowboys.

It was a worst-case scenario for fantasy owners, as Crabtree simply wasn't needed as Dallas mistakes staked San Francisco to a 21-3 lead 10 minutes into the game. Crabtree did not appear to be moving at full speed, and will likely miss more practice time this week. Until he proves he's back to 100 percent health, he'll be a risky WR2. Chicago travels to San Francisco in Week 2.

Sep 7 - 7:53 PM

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree shook off a foot injury to finish with five catches for 43 yards in Sunday's Week 4 win over the Eagles.

It looked bad early as Crabtree hurt the left foot he's had surgically repaired twice since 2009. But he emerged from the locker room looking fine and should have had an easy touchdown on a slant if Colin Kaepernick was more accurate. Through four weeks, Crabtree is on pace for 96 catches, 920 yards and eight touchdowns -- but still has to face the Seahawks twice (Week 13, Week 15).

Sep 28 - 8:15 PM

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree insists his left foot is not an issue.

"I (practice) every day," Crabtree said Thursday. "Nothing is wrong with me." Crabtree tweaked his long-troublesome foot in Week 4, and speculation ramped up that it was an issue after he caught just one pass in Sunday's win over the Chiefs.

Crabtree played only 42-of-71 snaps against Kansas City. When fully healthy, Crabtree was an 86.7 percent player in Weeks 2-3. Crabtree will be active for Monday's game against the Rams, but he needs to prove his health on the field. For the moment, Crabtree is Rotoworld's No. 32 receiver for Week 6.

Source: CSN Bay Area

Oct 9 - 5:39 PM

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree - WR - 49ers

Michael Crabtree caught three passes for 49 yards and one touchdown in the 49ers' Week 6 win over the Rams.

Crabtree left watchers wondering if he was even playing in the first half, as he wasn't targeted much at all. That changed after the break with Crabtree seeing eight targets and roasting rookie E.J. Gaines on a double-move for a 34-yard touchdown in the third quarter. Crabtree has yet to have that big game this season, leaving him as more of a WR3 in San Francisco's spread-the-wealth offense.

Oct 14 - 12:19 AM

Michael Crabtree burns rookie for 32-yard touchdown:

http://mweb.cbssports.com/fantasy/fantasy-football/update/24751386/michael-crabtree-burns-rookie-for-32-yard-touchdown?v=1&vc=1

49ers wideout Michael Crabtree got Rams rookie cornerback E.J. Gaines turned around on a double move in the third quarter Monday. Colin Kaepernick found a wide-open Crabtree for a 32-yard score, his third touchdown catch this season.

Crabtree caught three of eight targets for 49 yards, his third straight game with under 50 receiving yards. He'll visit the Broncos in Week 7.

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree was limited to four catches for 27 yards in Sunday night's Week 7 loss to the Broncos.

Crabtree was shut down by Chris Harris for most of the game. He dropped two passes in first half, and had a touchdown called back in the fourth quarter. Crabtree doesn't have a 100-yard game this season, and will need to continue to get red-zone targets. He has a 32/322/3 line through seven weeks.

Oct 20 - 1:09 AM

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree caught 5-of-9 targets for 40 yards against the Rams Week 9.

Crabtree had a few passes bounce off his hands, and was ruled down at the one on what looked like a game-winning touchdown grab late in the fourth. Crabtree has not been anywhere close the player fantasy owners though they were getting early in fantasy drafts this August. Through eight games he is on pace for 74 catches for 724 yards and six touchdowns.

Nov 2 - 8:11 PM

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree said his foot isn't to blame for his down season.

"What are you talking about about a foot?" an agitated Crabtree said. "That ain’t even a question to even ask me." Crabtree has broken his foot twice and appeared to hurt it in Week 4. However, he hasn't been on the injury report. The entire 49ers' passing offense has disappointed in 2014, with Crabtree and Vernon Davis both having awful seasons. Crabtree has dropped 12.7 percent of his targets.

Source: Sacramento Bee
Nov 7 - 10:35 AM

Insein said:
Pretty much sums up this bum when Faust is the only one making posts for 2 months.
True, but I can't remember less chatter about a guy who was likely a top 15 WR pick, fail to live up to expectations (he is WR40 in my standard PPR), and not hear one complaint about it...bizarre. Roddy White is WR39 and likely drafted in the same neighborhood, and his thread is on page one each week.

The drops have been bad for Crabtree this year. Not sure why. Don't remember that as an issue for him in the past.

He needs to get out of SF to regain his fantasy relevance. Suffering from the same disease as Floyd, Fitz and SEA Harvin. They are in offenses designed to spread it out. Crabtree is costing himself money at this point. Unlikely to get Decker money at the moment.

So I just heard on a podcast that Crabtree is a game time decision? That was news to me. With a late start it sounds like I have to go to my next option which would be Cooks. Was excited to have Crabtree as my 3, but we're not off to a good start. :mellow: Hopefully the calf issue doesn't linger.

link? haven't seen this anywhere. the league i have him has closed waivers and i have no alternatives so this would be bad news indeed

link? haven't seen this anywhere. the league i have him has closed waivers and i have no alternatives so this would be bad news indeed
???

This a joke? Check the date dude

???

This a joke? Check the date dude
oops, started drinking a little early. nevermind i guess.

I'm trying to get him for a 2nd rounder in dynasty, but so far no ones biting. I hope he leaves SF, since I believe Kaepernick is holding him back this year.

I'm trying to get him for a 2nd rounder in dynasty, but so far no ones biting. I hope he leaves SF, since I believe Kaepernick is holding him back this year.
Just got him for a second a few days ago.. posted in the dyno trade thread

Asked owner his price, he said "a first"... said "not happening"... he writes back a day later... "a second"

no hesitation, I pulled it off.

Hes leaving SF and he will be what he expected him to be. SF is a deathtrap

Asked owner his price, he said "a first"... said "not happening"... he writes back a day later... "a second"

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect his situation to get better. He'd be ideally suited as a no. 2 for a team with a great QB, but those teams aren't going to throw gobs of money at him. He could go to Carolina and be the number one for a guy like Cam but that's probably even a worse fantasy situation.

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect his situation to get better. He'd be ideally suited as a no. 2 for a team with a great QB, but those teams aren't going to throw gobs of money at him. He could go to Carolina and be the number one for a guy like Cam but that's probably even a worse fantasy situation.
I don't think he'd be the number one guy in CAR...

Rotoworld:

Michael Crabtree caught 3-of-8 targets for 62 yards in San Francisco's Week 10 win over the Saints.

If not for a 51-yard catch on a broken play with time running out in the fourth quarter, Crabtree would have had an absolutely brutal day. He committed a critical late drop, and simply wasn't on the same page with Colin Kaepernick. Crabtree drew seven fewer looks than Anquan Boldin. He's scored once in just five games since September, and is averaging 47 weekly yards. Crabtree is hard to bill as anything other than a WR4.

Nov 9 - 6:03 PM

I wouldn't call it a critical late drop. It would have been if he didn't save the day next play. Still, I'm dropping him this week.

boldin seemed to be targeted on almost every 3rd down. it wasn't a good game from crabtree - again - but this was mostly a terrible game by Kaep. Boldin was inefficient despite a ton of targets too.

i'll finaly sit him after stubbornly playing him the last 5 weeks and he'll go for 80 yards and a td.

He's torn up a lot of teams of mine this year. Really thought he'd bounce back to that player we saw in 2012 when Kaepernick took over and I innvested a lot in him in redrafts, and with confidence I might add. Puzzling to me because he was not healthy to start the season but looked like his old self in weeks 2 and 3, had that foot injury in week 4 and despite his claims of being healthy has not looked right since. But he's both adamant he's healthy and sort of complaining about his role so I'm thinking he really is healthy, which is actually a lot more concerning than if his production was related to his foot.

I have him in just one dynasty league but I'm officially concerned. I worry his career is going or has gone the route of Hakeem Nicks. Like Nicks I fear he may be a fairly young player who should be entering the prime years for WR production but due to an assortment of lower body injuries their athleticism is severely hampered. I'll hang onto him in hopes a change of scenery picks things up for him next year but if he can't get it going soon next year I'll likely conclude he's shot and get rid of him one way or the other.

It's crabtree. Hes a known diva.

SF is a hot mess. He has beef w the team

A change of scenery and he's a PPR beast again

It's crabtree. Hes a known diva.

SF is a hot mess. He has beef w the team

A change of scenery and he's a PPR beast again
I agree here. Kaep has been pretty bad as a passer this year. He's also spreading it around more than ever.

Starting to think Crabtree would be a good fit in ATL. White will be 34 next year.

kitrick, didn't they extend White 3 years in the off season?
You are correct. He's got no guaranteed money left in that deal however. They can start saving money by cutting him as soon as next year. I don't think they'd do that for 2015, but I could see them moving him into a WR3 role.

Obviously just speculation.

You are correct. He's got no guaranteed money left in that deal however. They can start saving money by cutting him as soon as next year. I don't think they'd do that for 2015, but I could see them moving him into a WR3 role.

Obviously just speculation.
You might be speculating, but it would make a lot of sense for ATL. Crabtree seems to need a change of scenery and he would improve a lot of teams as a #2.

You are correct. He's got no guaranteed money left in that deal however. They can start saving money by cutting him as soon as next year. I don't think they'd do that for 2015, but I could see them moving him into a WR3 role. Obviously just speculation.
You might be speculating, but it would make a lot of sense for ATL. Crabtree seems to need a change of scenery and he would improve a lot of teams as a #2.
Agreed, but Atlanta seems an odd fit.

Carolina, st Louis, Minnesota, and a few others make more sense.

with Cobb likely leaving GB for a monster contract, does GB make sense as a lower cost/equal upside replacement?

Thatd be so big.

with Cobb likely leaving GB for a monster contract, does GB make sense as a lower cost/equal upside replacement?

Thatd be so big.
Not GB's style. They draft and develop, especially WRs. Can't remember the last time they signed one as a FA. Plus they do really like Adams, Abbrederis and Janis.

Thatd be so big.
Like I said above, I don't think he's going to take a discount to sign anywhere. He will go to the highest bidder IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread