What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robbie Chosen (1 Viewer)

Robby Anderson caught 3-of-3 targets for 71 yards in the Jets' preseason opener.

It was one meaningless game, but the Jets' default No. 1 receiver had little trouble getting open this evening. The 2016 UDFA is squarely in the WR3 mix thanks to a role the Jets have no choice but to make big.

What's your take on Robbie Anderson's projection this year?  I know he's now default #1 and will get extensive target opportunity but man, Jets' offense sucks.  It's quite clear that they are tanking this year to ensure a high 1st round pick to take one of top 3 QBs in 2018. 

What's your take on Robbie Anderson's projection this year?  I know he's now default #1 and will get extensive target opportunity but man, Jets' offense sucks.  It's quite clear that they are tanking this year to ensure a high 1st round pick to take one of top 3 QBs in 2018. 
75/1000/6 is not out of the realm of possibility making Anderson a huge value play right now in deep drafts.

McCown has proven he can be a serviceable QB.

Not sure he's up to the task but it's nice to see him getting an opportunity. We should have a better idea of how good he can be by the end of this year......

He looks good and they're going to be down in games often and having to pass a lot. As you said, the #1 with opportunities. That's enough for FF.

People insulting him aren't being realistic. I loved this exchange I saw: "He's no Calvin Johnson. H he isn't even Mike Williams" response "Right, he's playing in 2017." That's it right there, so fitting. 

In context, he is probably going to be my fourth wide receiver to start each week and I'm going to be feeling pretty good to not have 8000 questions about my fourth wide receiver. 4 catches 60 yards, maybe a TD...OK then. That makes me feel way more secure than the other WRs around him by ADP.  If we're not admitting he's not a superstar and not admitting depth WRs can be a pain in FF, then the conversations usually stink about Robby. He is what he is.

A lot of players in all sports have improved with opportunity, so there might even be some upside here. Next year he'll probably be their #2, but for now he isn't.

It's like Kamar Aiken a couple years back- say what ya want, but the guy is getting work

ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini singled out Robby Anderson as a standout player at training camp.

Anderson got off to a "rough start," according to beat writer Connor Hughes. But Cimini reports Anderson has turned it on over the past few weeks, improving as a route runner and showing good ball skills on off-target throws. Off-target throws figure to be a common thing from Jets quarterbacks this season. But as the default No. 1 receiver, Anderson is in the WR3/4 mix.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 25 - 9:43 AM

Agreed.  Pretty consistent and reliable in what has turned out to be a fairly proficient offense.  McCown, Robby, Forte, and the entire offense have really exceeded all expectations by a wide margin.  If ASJ had not been robbed of 2 TDs that he seemingly deserved, we'd all be talking about him too.  

I was getting nervous there for a while.  I have him stashed in 4 dynasty leagues and with Evans and now Elliott suspensions he's becoming very important to my team.  Glad to see him finally getting some separation.

FGITLOTR said:
He's playing like a WR2 and I expect that to continue for the rest of the year...he has great rapport with McCown
Unless Hackenberg gets some playing time. He would be great with Petty. Hackenberg would be the only one that would be a problem.

I was high on him coming into the season based on his speed and what I saw of him last season, plus opportunity. He has certainly made the most of that oportunity and is now an every week starter.

What are we thinking about Anderson's chances against a solid Panther D? Will they travel Bradbury, or let him play one side of the field. Anderson has scored 4 weeks in a row, so it's tough to sit him (especially in non-PPR). 

R. Anderson isn't leaving my lineup again this year.  I had played him three straight weeks but decided to bench today for stills based on matchups.  Never again.  This guy is for real

R. Anderson isn't leaving my lineup again this year.  I had played him three straight weeks but decided to bench today for stills based on matchups.  Never again.  This guy is for real
Yep, can’t believe he’s now ahead of Mike Evans for me on my team going forward

Only thing that concerns me is his build. Very lanky. Reminds me of a taller DeSean. If he can't add some weight I'm not sure he's a guy a team is going to rely on as their #1 guy.

ShamrockPride said:
Only thing that concerns me is his build. Very lanky. Reminds me of a taller DeSean. If he can't add some weight I'm not sure he's a guy a team is going to rely on as their #1 guy.
I sat there thinking the exact same thing. Should we worry about McCown getting benched for either Hackenburg or Petty? Well, Petty and Anderson had great chemistry. Hackenburg is horrendous, so anyone but him 

Last edited by a moderator:
Robby Anderson's development has been astounding. Don't laugh, but this cat has Randy Moss-type potential, IMO. Not saying Anderson is going to produce like Moss, but he's much closer in ability than most people realize.

When I first started scouting Anderson, he immediately reminded me of Moss with his blazing speed & tall, lanky frame. Just a little over a year later, it's now evident Anderson has a rare combination of size/speed/hands much like Moss. He's still fairly raw, but Anderson is a playmaker. You can't coach what he was born with.

The scary thing is Anderson still has a lot of headroom because of his inexperience at the position (he was recruited as a defensive back at Temple & only played 2 seasons there as a WR). I have Anderson rostered in every one of my dynasty leagues (acquired him early last season in waivers) & there are very few WRs I'd move him for.

The sky is the limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
He’s not putting up stats in garbage time. In fact the Jets are usually ahead in games, blowing fourth quarter leads.
Except for the tb game this is correct.  With how bad kc has looked they will probably be leading into the fourth again.  Who knows if they actually hold on though.

who knows.  all i know is im not benching him.  chiefs are playing like garbage and anderson is one of the hottest wr in the league.  dont overthink it
He may have a down game before the end of the season but it would be difficult to bench him at this point. 

Was he hurt at the end of the game? I didn't see him in there on their last few offensive snaps. Even if healthy, he's in Denver next week and Talib is back. 

Users who are viewing this thread