What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Robbie Chosen (2 Viewers)

I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, cos I am. He met or exceeded my flex/WR3 start expectations, but this could have been a two TD 100+ yard type performance if Petty wasn't knocked out of the game. If Petty doesn't play next week I am not starting him as Fitz almost totally ignored him (one short catch), especially on high leverage snaps near the goal line at the end of the game where I knew Petty would hve lofted a couple to Robby, FItz tried to fit them in to Marshall and Enunwa.

For anyone that might have benefitted from my and other pro R. Anderson posts earlier this week, I would NOT start him next week if Fitz starts for Petty. This was mostly a chemistry/targets type play and notice he only got 6 targets (I think) with Fitz finishing the game. Fitz hardly even looked on his side of the field (which makes sense since he is used to Marshall/Enunwa routes). I hope to have A.J. Green filling the WR3 spot next week anyway (where I make it).

I noticed him in preseason and targeted him then as a dynasty hold. His speed is top end and he showed good hands and ability to get separation off line of scrimmage.  With Marshall aging he is in position to be leading receiver for Jets next year.

Looks like Petty practiced and is likely to start next week, however I am still wary of starting Robby vs NE. If I can figure out Petty loves to target Robby, I am sure BB can as well and take him away to make Petty more uncomfortable. I am thankful for last week, but I am going to avoid this week, even if Petty plays. He could go off I guess, but not a no brainer like last week. There is still a chance if NE gets way out in front and BB puts them in prevent for 1-2 quarters, he could produce in garbage time, but I am unwilling to take that chance at this point.

I had added him before the Dolphins to possibly use him vs the Patriots. Maybe I will start him or maybe not. I have three spots for receivers. I have Fitzgerald, Diggs, Desean Jackson and Michael Thomas.

Pretty sure I'm rolling with guy this week, anyone else? Who you starting him over?

right now I have him in at flex over Diggs, Gabriel and Witten (TEs get extra .5 por). Pats will give up some yardage, feel like he has the lowest floor of the group. 

Pretty sure I'm rolling with guy this week, anyone else? Who you starting him over?

right now I have him in at flex over Diggs, Gabriel and Witten (TEs get extra .5 por). Pats will give up some yardage, feel like he has the lowest floor of the group. 
I'm not sold on him at all. Had a great two weeks, but its hard for me to rely on the Jets in general. I would start Gabriel over him. In fact, I am surprised Gabriel is rated sow low in the rankings this week when going against the leagues 32nd pass D. And if Jones comes back (and not 100%) I think Gabriel will have a very juicy match-up. 

Interesting, I haven't really thought about that.  I have him in all three dynasty leagues, got him at min bid in each.  He'd be a great flip to make a quick profit.  I wouldn't sell right now for less than a 2017 1st.  His QB situation is only going to improve, and if it doesn't Petty showed a great rapport with him.  The real question is how high a 1st I'd need.  Using my current rankings I would put him after Cook, Fournette, Corey Davis, Mike Williams, Juju Smith, and Perine.  Chubb and Mixon too, although neither looks to be a top 5 draft pick any more.  Pretty much anyone else I'd rather have Anderson.  So depending on which league I'd say it takes pick 8-10 to get him. 

I know folks don't like the match up however Marshall is likely limited. Anderson just on volume might catch 6-8 balls today. Somebody has to move the ballast least a little. 

I hate Bowles not being there but unless you think the Jets are held to 100-150 yds of offense....Anderson should be on your radar not off.

Last edited by a moderator:
D. Hightower is out. 

Pats may be laying down a little.

That said, it's dreary here in NE with lots of rain. D is coming on. I could see secondary taking Anderson away and Powell catching about 10 out of the backfield today. If I know Bill B he's going to make the NYJ work up the field and count on Petty screwing up and handing the ball over to NE.

I don't think you can get a 1st for him right now but if he closes out the year strong in these last 2 games he'll probably be a big sleeper name next year. Especially if Marshall is gone and  a big name QB like Romo end up in NY.

I had all this figured out until A.J. Green sitting. Now its between Robby Anderson and Boldin on Monday night. I like Boldin's matchup better. MIght have to let Robby run again tho, just cos he helped me last week. He's had a solid performance 3 in a row and could get garbage time TD/targets. Hmm...

I'm not playing in any meaningful games, but I just advised my brother for his $2k pot league not to play him.  NEP have a long history of taking away the team's best chance and making a schmuck beat them.  I am a huge Anderson fan but I'm not starting him against the Pats.  Going Inman in the flex against the Browns.

Reviving the Robby Anderson talk...

Where do we stand on him in dynasty? I picked him up and put him on my rookie squad in a league when I had to activate a rookie to start, then ignored him until recently. Now that I am looking at things again to plan ahead, this guy is intriguing. Nice rookie production, especially considering the bad QB situation and being an UDFA, nice athletic profile... How are you guys valuing him going forward?

According to an affidavit acquired by SNY's Ralph Vacchiano, Jets WR Robby Anderson allegedly "pushed" an officer at a musical festival in Florida Sunday night.
Told to leave the event, Anderson allegedly fought with security before pushing the officer and "continued to fight with police and security" once he was "redirected to the ground." Anderson was charged with one felony count of resisting arrest with violence and a misdemeanor count of obstructing police. He is due in court May 15. A Jets spokesperson said the team is "aware of the situation" but have "no further comment at this time."

Source: SNY 
May 8 - 8:12 PM

Well, I was enjoying watching my Anderson penny-stock rise, but I would guess he gets cut after this. 

UDFA on a team that already has lots of black eyes this offseason, getting charged with a felony for fighting a police officer. IDK, I think it sounds like a cut situation to me. His rookie year was nice, but not gotta-keep-him-at-all-costs nice. But maybe all the players getting in trouble recently means the Jets just don't care about off field stuff.

Mixon's deed was 3 years ago. I get what you are saying, but if it happened 3 months ago instead, he wasn't getting drafted this year. 

With Marshall gone and Decker likely gone any day now, Anderson's stock along with Enunwa's is climbing. You have to bake some off season issues into Anderson's value, but his speed is elite and he shows great hands as well.  Short term I would rate Enunwa a safer pic but long term dynasty, I like Anderson's ceiling better.  Check out some highlights from his rookie year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfGJgX4NcM

I like the way he catches the ball. Always using his hands and he does a good job of adjusting to the ball from several different angles. He catches the ball at the highest point and away from his body, more importantly away from the defense preventing them from getting a hand in there to break it up.

Its highlights so I am not sure if he always does this consistently, but I like what I saw in the clips.

I like the way he catches the ball. Always using his hands and he does a good job of adjusting to the ball from several different angles. He catches the ball at the highest point and away from his body, more importantly away from the defense preventing them from getting a hand in there to break it up.

Its highlights so I am not sure if he always does this consistently, but I like what I saw in the clips.
I had the same reaction to the tape but as you say, highlights can hide things.

In terms of statistics he had a 53.8% catch rate on targets, which is not great, but I start to worry when it is below 50%.  A lot depends on what types of routes a receiver runs and obviously their Qb play, which wasn't stellar in NY last year.  He had a drop % of 5.1% according to sportingcharts.com

In contrast, Enunwa had a catch % of 55.2% and drop % of 3.8%, but I don't get the impression he ran as deep routes. So not very conclusive but offered as additional data points.

No one had particularly good catch rate on the Jets last season, not even Matt Forte. Powell is the only player above average in this category in 2016.

Bryce Petty wasn't quite as good as Fitzpatrick last season. Both had about 56% completion percentage and Fitz was a bit higher yards per attempt than Petty. Geno Smith was actually more efficient than either of them last year, but he only played in two games.

Petty was starting for the first time last year, so I would expect him to improve on that if he does earn the start. I am not sure if Geno Smith is still in the running to start for the Jets or not. Or if Hackenberg has a shot to win this job? From personal observations of these QB in college I think Petty is the best option of those 3. Not sure what the Jets think. I stopped paying attention to them when Rex Ryan was the coach and I haven't spent much time thinking about this team since.

I'm trying to learn a bit more about them now as I do see some value in targeting their players as bargains in fantasy in 2017. No idea who if any of them are good though.

As far as the catch rate goes, Petty was just chucking them up in his direction, so take it fwiw.

Anderson is good at the one thing he does: fly down the sideline and grab the jump ball. It's impressive, but he needs to learn more routes before we get too excited.

As far as the catch rate goes, Petty was just chucking them up in his direction, so take it fwiw.

Anderson is good at the one thing he does: fly down the sideline and grab the jump ball. It's impressive, but he needs to learn more routes before we get too excited.
I agree that he needs to expand the route tree to become a complete player and a reliable fantasy player.  That being said, he has the tools and the opportunity.  Watching his rookie highlights, his speed is obvious but I am also impressed by his catching technique.  He catches with his hands and he can reach out and catch a ball that is overthrown, he adjusts to the ball in the air, he highpoints the ball and outleaps the CB, he competes for the ball and he has good after catch agility.

The QB play is a limitation for all Jet's receivers but I see a lot of potential and expect him to improve on his 2016-2017 rookie year. After the intro this video let's you see enough of his highlights to see what I mean about his catching technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q90rCNOwHmY&t=23s

I agree that he needs to expand the route tree to become a complete player and a reliable fantasy player.  That being said, he has the tools and the opportunity.  Watching his rookie highlights, his speed is obvious but I am also impressed by his catching technique.  He catches with his hands and he can reach out and catch a ball that is overthrown, he adjusts to the ball in the air, he highpoints the ball and outleaps the CB, he competes for the ball and he has good after catch agility.

The QB play is a limitation for all Jet's receivers but I see a lot of potential and expect him to improve on his 2016-2017 rookie year. After the intro this video let's you see enough of his highlights to see what I mean about his catching technique.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q90rCNOwHmY&t=23s
Fairly impressive tape, I must say.  I may have been a bit hasty in tabbing Anderson as nothing more than a stop-gap player on a poor offense.  He does demonstrate strong hands and more competitiveness for 50/50 balls than I had remembered.  He worked out with former teammate Brandon Marshall this off-season, and Marshall commented that "Robby needs to turn it around . . . Robby can be a phenomenal receiver. Robby can be a No. 1 receiver. He's explosive. But Robby needs to continue to be a pro consistently."

As you say, the ceiling for any of the Jets' receivers will be capped this season by their QB play.  Anderson will also face some stiff competition in Camp.  Anderson's skinny frame concerns me, and a felony arrest this off-season makes me question his dedication and maturity.

Anderson has the athletic ability to build upon a surprising rookie campaign, but he needs to refine his skills and route running if he is to hold off the competition.

Welp -- no Enunwa.  Anderson the de facto WR1 now?  Does it matter?
Someone has to catch passes there. I wouldn't go out of your way to draft him, but as the season goes on, all kinds of random players have valuable weeks. Some pass catcher on the Jets will have at least a few weeks of good production. 

What's the actual WR depth chart? Who knows.

And who's the QB? Who knows.

This is a total wild card. I think we might see someone else emerge pretty quickly, maybe Stewart, maybe ASJ.

I hate to see someone hurt and hope Enuwa recovers for next year but this can only mean more targets for Robby.    He has to be a top 30 WR in redraft.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Jets top receiver this year is someone who isn't on the team at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread