What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your 2023 Ballsy Callsy (1 Viewer)

Tyler Allgeier will get a minimum of 200 carries this season, which would allow him to duplicate his exact fantasy stats from 2022. This will make him a steal at his ADP. Heck, he’s still available on some WWs.

Atlanta ran for 559 carries last season so there’s a large pie to slice from. Bijan will be the alpha, but probably be eased in to some extent during his rookie season. Yes Bijan will get the lion’s share by season’s end, but he’s not going to do it all by himself. Allgeier established himself as a competent runner last season and the coaching staff loves him. Cordarrelle Patterson is 32. This sets up for tons of opportunity for Allgeier, and I’m shocked that most of the internet seems to be sleeping on him. Guess the Bijan hype is responsible for that.

Additionally, Allgeier will be a league winning RB 1 if Bijan goes down, but Bijan is very durable, so I consider that unlikely and based my prediction above as though Bijan will play the entire season.

Has been pretty much spot on maybe minus the actual production results of said touches
Funny that:
I just dropped Allgeier in both of my leagues just before Sunday for Henderson because I'm a Kyren owner in both and wanted to take a stab at the Rams backup, and because I considered the overall Falcons rushing production to be abysmal. Seven games into the season, Allgeier already has 96 carries and is on pace for 233, but yeah, it's not translating to production as he currently only has a 3.1 yards per carry and both of his TDs on the season happened in week one.

On a related note: it's interesting to me that Bijan doesn't have a rushing TD yet and only has 81 carries to Allgeier's 96. How are the Falcons 4-3?

Many thanks for the props though.

Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.
I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
It begins!
But he wasn’t a failure - he was coming off of 2 fantastic games. And his his jury is real.

I award you zero points.
Just call it planting flags. We’ve been planting flags for years. We don’t need a ballsy callsy or a gut feeling or a “profess your love for Josh Gordon” topic.

I’m prepared to plant a flag like we did back in the day. Now turn down that rap & roll and get the HELL off of my lawn!

My “ballsy callsy” (cringe): Rashod Bateman doesn’t miss a game, finishes with 80 receptions for 960 yards and 8 ReTD.
I rarely post, but ballsy callsy is 1000x better than planting a flag.

Here’s mine - Justin Fields is a total failure and through injury (possibly fake) the bears find a way to get a look at bagent, who goes on to be their qb for the next 15 years and set every franchise record.
It begins!
But he wasn’t a failure - he was coming off of 2 fantastic games. And his his jury is real.

I award you zero points.
I suppose this is the difference in perspective between a Bears fan and a Fantasy Manager. While his last two games were great, he still showed LOTS of problems when one considers the prospect of dropping franchise-quarterback money on his next contract. He still stared down receivers and was late to throw, DJ Moore just won at the catch point and decided to turn interceptions/pass break ups into huge plays. Most Bears fans that I know were seeking one thing from Fields; development as a passer. There has been very little of that so far. Other than his two games of outstanding fantasy production, the rest of his games have been very mediocre, even from the fantasy perspective. While his injury is real, the part that I expect to really validate my ballsy callsy will be the length of his recovery. Before Sunday's kickoff there were reports (rapaport I believe) that he might be ready as early as week 8, today all of the reports are that Bagent will be the starter and that Fields is doubtful. So long as Bagent continues to play well, I expect that Fields will get more and more time to heal that thumb. The Bears won't rush him back. At some point, it might become obvious that Fields is ready but the Bears aren't starting him. In my perfect world, they trade him to Atlanta at the deadline, though that seems very unlikely.

I don't need your points, SoulFly's grudging praise was more than enough to make me happy.

season not over, but we can revisit this again already... some pretty good calls in here, and some abolutely doggy doodoo that I pray you didnt use as anchors for drafting.

Saints tight end Juwan Johnson, scores 10 touchdowns this year

Nico Collins finishes as a top 20 wide receiver

James Cook ends the season with 1700 yards from scrimmage, and at least eight touchdowns

Calvin Ridley has 90 receptions 1400 yards and 10 touchdowns

Khalil Herbert has 1500 yards from scrimmage and finishes this season as a top 15 running back
Terrible call on Juwan 😆
Got it right with Nico
Cook is at 1180 yards with 4 TD's and 4 games left to play. He'll probably finish a little shy of my prediction, but he's got a shot
Ridley was a joke this year. I still don't understand how he shows flashes of brilliance and then just disappears
WAAAAAAAY off on Herbert 😅

Here goes a few ballsy Calls:

• Cousins finishes top 5 QB
  • Khalil Herbert is a low end RB1/high end RB2
  • Kadarius Toney gets and stays healthy to finish as a top 15 WR
  • Isaiah Hodgins is a top 25 WR
  • Hockenson challenges for the TE1 spot.
  • Pollard finishes outside the top 25 RB's
Here goes:
  • I am counting Cousins as a correct call. He was dominating and a great value. Process was correct call.
  • Oops
  • Double Oops
  • Triple Oops
  • Finally another win.
  • While he disappointed, Pollard was better than outside the top 25 RB. Not quite and oops but not a win either.

I will limit mine to players that I have zero shares of.

1. Zeke will end up being the back to own in NE come fantasy playoff time.
  2. Gibbs will outproduce Bijan by a large margin (+5 PPG)
  3. Joshua Palmer is the WR1 for the Chargers heading into fantasy playoffs
  4. Aaron Rodgers' head will be called for by the NY media by week 7
  5. Matt LaFleur gets fired on Black Monday after this season.
  6. Tyreek Hill misses at least 4 games due to being on the commissioner's list.
1. I’ll take it
2. I’ll take it
3. I’ll take it
4. Meh
5. Not Happening
6. Not Happening

DJ Moore

110-1400-12
Close.

96-1364-8. Wish he spread it out a bit more as he had the one huge game and a couple of decent ones but nothing consistent. Fields getting hurt certainly lowered his stat line though.
Great call - I do think with a fully healthy Fields, Moore would have been in that projected neighborhood. Fields was locked on him all year.

DJ Moore

110-1400-12
Close.

96-1364-8. Wish he spread it out a bit more as he had the one huge game and a couple of decent ones but nothing consistent. Fields getting hurt certainly lowered his stat line though.
He had 5 other games over 20 PPR points. I thought he spread things out pretty well. He just struggled when that arm wrestler's kid was at QB. His pace with Fields was 99 receptions, 1500 yards and 10.5 TDs. That would have been 304 points and I think WR4 only behind Tyreek, Lamb and Amon Ra.

Users who are viewing this thread