What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Daily Sunglasses (1 Viewer)

I used to be an oakley/ray ban/under armor (when they still made them) snob but now adays I don't really care. My glasses now almost always come from some cheap gas station, work swag, or golf tourney giveaways. I don't think I've paid more than $15 for a pair of glasses in 7 or 8 years.

Blenders. We buy a bunch at Christmas every year as stocking stuffers.

Not sure which style but they’re just black glasses with polarized lenses.

I only wear them when I’m driving because I think raccoon eyes look completely ridiculous.

I need to get some new ones, but have a giant noggin so usually have to try them on first. I also should probably pick up a pair with reading lenses in the bottom for my summertime outdoor reading. Any suggestions that fit those two?

Last edited:
Knockaround Torrey Pines

I have a pair of Spy wraps when driving

I have a pair of Oakley with field lenses I wear when watching my daughter play ball.

Had these for years I got them when I was coaching

I really dislike sunglasses, but have been trying to wear them more often, to protect my eyes from cataracts. I have Rudy Project glasses with photochromatic lenses, which I purchased for a little over $200, IIRC.

Having owned cheaper glasses in the past, I think pricier models make a difference.

Have a couple pairs of Smith Lowdown XL that I have been wearing for years. Classic look for larger domes.

No joke I'm a fan of cheap sunglasses. Not dollar store, but $20-$30 range, because I'm just hard on them in general - drop them, sit on them, leave them at restaurants, scratch them at the beach, etc. I guess the one good part of that is I don't get stuck with the same look for too long.

No joke I'm a fan of cheap sunglasses. Not dollar store, but $20-$30 range, because I'm just hard on them in general - drop them, sit on them, leave them at restaurants, scratch them at the beach, etc. I guess the one good part of that is I don't get stuck with the same look for too long.
I tend to buy "good" sunglasses on sale, I have a pair of Nike sunglasses that were like $120 on for $55.

I have a hard time paying much more because honestly, they cost like $3 to make. Cheap light plastic or metal frames plus lenses are super super cheap as well (including prescription).

I was in the optical industry for a while and seeing the frame that cost $1.79 and the lenses that cost $1.xx come together and then the customer charged like $400+. It's terrible imo.

maui jim alenuihaha blue
279 dollars! ridiculous
Got them at a sales recognition trip in Maui two years ago. But my wife owns a pair of prescription Maui Jim's and loves them. I would replace mine if lost/broken.
Guess I won't worry about you depleting the inventory.
😎
My Maui Jim Peahi Rx were $839. Yeah, stupid amount. Frames $249 + $295 per lens (MauiBrilliant Trivex with Lava mirror and all the best AR coatings they have). Insurance covered $263 and HSA covered the rest. Tax, title, license, surcharge fee, cost recovery fee, cleaning fee and whatever other BS fees companies have to add now... I wouldn't have paid $576 if it was out-of-pocket. The HSA my wife has is 100% work funded and sets a limit on the max we can have in it, and we were about to hit the use-it or lose-it.

These Maui Jim's blow my Oakleys & Nikes out of water though. I can also notice an improvement over my Costa 580g's too. Just as clear, much lighter and more comfortable, better polarization and AR. Can see deeper into the water and colors everywhere just pop. It's like an orgasm for my eyes every time I put them on.

maui jim alenuihaha blue
279 dollars! ridiculous
Got them at a sales recognition trip in Maui two years ago. But my wife owns a pair of prescription Maui Jim's and loves them. I would replace mine if lost/broken.
😎
My Maui Jim Peahi Rx were $839. Yeah, stupid amount. Frames $249 + $295 per lens (MauiBrilliant Trivex with Lava mirror and all the best AR coatings they have). Insurance covered $263 and HSA covered the rest. Tax, title, license, surcharge fee, cost recovery fee, cleaning fee and whatever other BS fees companies have to add now... I wouldn't have paid $576 if it was out-of-pocket. The HSA my wife has is 100% work funded and sets a limit on the max we can have in it, and we were about to hit the use-it or lose-it.

These Maui Jim's blow my Oakleys & Nikes out of water though. I can also notice an improvement over my Costa 580g's too. Just as clear, much lighter and more comfortable, better polarization and AR. Can see deeper into the water and colors everywhere just pop. It's like an orgasm for my eyes every time I put them on.
Really gonna suck when those fall into a lake.

maui jim alenuihaha blue
279 dollars! ridiculous
😎

Really gonna suck when those fall into a lake.
Good thing I know what I'm doing. Fit-to-face is perfect. I could take an oar to the side of the head and these bad boys would still stay on my face. Always strap up when on the water too. Floatable for added insurance. Lost a pair of Bolle's 20 years ago. I learned. Never a pair since. 🤙

Users who are viewing this thread