What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (9 Viewers)

I've only listened to his show off and on for the last few years.

Do fans and long time listeners like listening to him talk about "AGT"? His interviews can be OK but when he's talking about that show or hanging out with celebrities it's pretty bad, I pretty much immediately change to different station.

Do fans and long time listeners like listening to him talk about "AGT"? His interviews can be OK but when he's talking about that show or hanging out with celebrities it's pretty bad, I pretty much immediately change to different station.
It's definitely not as good as it used to be, but it is still better than 99% of whatever else is on. I also think that we tend to remember the highlights of the old shows and forget the hours even days of shticky nonsense

I stopped watching AGT after his second season. I don't really think he talks that much about it. I almost think there are some contractual things that make him not have to promote on his radio show anymore. He really doesn't mention it as much anymore.

He's morphed into the guy he used to rail against 20 years ago: Imus.
No he hasn't.
He's a grumpy old man who doesn't have time for any opinions other than his own. He used to complain about Imus being like that.
That is pretty much my point as well. He rails on anyone not rail thin, he ridicules anyone who has a good time doing anything that is outside of what he would ever consider doing. Beth has taken him a little out of his basement living bubble, but he has gotten more douchy about the way he mocks everyone else for doing things that most people (especially his listeners) would consider normal.

It's definitely not as good as it used to be, but it is still better than 99% of whatever else is on.
Stop.

Think I've mentioned this before, but former Stern associate Kidd Chris (he did the Sulu Dance song, has done some bits for the show) has a daily show on iHeart. The "podcast" version (no songs) is usually 60-70 minutes, and has the flavor of old Stern. Lots of ball-busting, weirdos, parody songs, crank calls, etc. etc.

No he hasn't.
He's a grumpy old man who doesn't have time for any opinions other than his own. He used to complain about Imus being like that.
Can't agree. He knows he's grumpy. We're living through it.

Imus was a phony when he was doing it. Not saying we are hearing everything from Howard but it's more real than Imus ever was.

No he hasn't.
That is pretty much my point as well. He rails on anyone not rail thin, he ridicules anyone who has a good time doing anything that is outside of what he would ever consider doing. Beth has taken him a little out of his basement living bubble, but he has gotten more douchy about the way he mocks everyone else for doing things that most people (especially his listeners) would consider normal.
honestly, what show have you people been listening to for the past 30 years? he has always been abrasive, obnoxious, exaggerative, and extreme in his opinions. He has never been tolerant of other people's opinions (at least for his radio persona) and continually berated his staff, management, celebrities and anyone else who was in his crosshairs. If anything, he is way more mellow now than he used to. He would let bits fester for a week or more involving mocking or fooling his staff. He does none of that these days.

Stern is the biggest therapy worshiping, phony acting, hypocritical scumbag that got rich being a racist gay mocking #####, and now that he made it he tries to act like he is above that.

Everyone on that show is there just to kiss his ### and it is actually horrible entertainment. How you people support that passive aggressive cry baby is beyond me.

I've only been a post-Sirius Stern listener, but I find the current show about 100 times more entertaining than any of the nasally clips from his terrestrial days. His interviews over the past two years have been phenomenal.

I've only been a post-Sirius Stern listener, but I find the current show about 100 times more entertaining than any of the nasally clips from his terrestrial days. His interviews over the past two years have been phenomenal.
Give me a break, his interviews are just another example of his worship for therapy. The guy needs to retire already, buh bye

Give me a break, his interviews are just another example of his worship for therapy. The guy needs to retire already, buh bye
Because you don't like him, he should retire?

Don't listen and let those that still enjoy his show continue to do so.

I agree. Anytime there is something on pre-Sirius I am flipping the channel.

I agree. Anytime there is something on pre-Sirius I am flipping the channel.
I could see that. Having listened to him throughout it doesn't bother me, it's nostalgic listening to his old stuff, but I can see how it would sound annoying.

Because you don't like him, he should retire?

Don't listen and let those that still enjoy his show continue to do so.
He should retire because he isn't entertaining. I don't find him offensive, I find him boring.

It is like all these new comic book movies that are horrible but make a killing $$ wise, because the nerds worship those movies, even though they suck.

Howard stern has his own built in fan base of people like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3UqEgL1VXI Norm has more talent in one finger than Howard has in his entire frail body.

My wife feels the same way about the early replays. Turns them right off

I.couldnt listen to him in the am because I was going to high school, but like belljar said, I watched that E show like it was going out of style. I still remember most of those shows

Jesus twins and feel my ubiquity. The give me more howard stern girl, hank and beattle. Ralph with his laser pointer on those poor girls. Dr sal calabra and his generosity.

I was young when the channel 9 show was on but I think I have some memories of that. For some reason I remember the snapple lady and half naked girls.

Because you don't like him, he should retire?Don't listen and let those that still enjoy his show continue to do so.
He should retire because he isn't entertaining. I don't find him offensive, I find him boring.It is like all these new comic book movies that are horrible but make a killing $$ wise, because the nerds worship those movies, even though they suck.

although I have my doubts, I hope you're intelligent enough to understand that when he's so boring and untalented that he no longer draws more revenue (ie listeners & advertisers) than he is paid, then he'll be off the air. Whining like a school girl on a messageboard will probably not impact it much.

Because you don't like him, he should retire?Don't listen and let those that still enjoy his show continue to do so.
He should retire because he isn't entertaining. I don't find him offensive, I find him boring.It is like all these new comic book movies that are horrible but make a killing $$ wise, because the nerds worship those movies, even though they suck.

You are one of those fans that blindly worship Howard, even though he is garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess you aren't Em because I know he's a big Stern fan.

Maybe I'm a unique person. And this stuff has been going on prior to the internet but if I don't like something I don't watch , read, listen. Seems exhausting to use all this energy on things you don't like. I was a huge stern fan but got tired of his show after his last contract renewal.

I've never understood the i don't like it but I'm going to pay attention to it

Nah. I got a new car a few years back that has XM but I'd have to pay extra for the Howard channel. I chose not to. Yiu have that choice too. Or you can cry like a sissy in a thread you seem awfully concerned about.

Maybe I'm a unique person. And this stuff has been going on prior to the internet but if I don't like something I don't watch , read, listen. Seems exhausting to use all this energy on things you don't like. I was a huge stern fan but got tired of his show after his last contract renewal.

Poptart is probably an Opie and Anthony fanboy. It's second fiddle syndrome. Inferiority complex. Howard fans don't feel the need to bash Opie, because they aren't threatened by that show. But Opie fans or Kid Chris fanboys have a very pathetic tendency to try to get everyone to hate Howard. I guess it's the greatest form of flattery if you're Stern.

I loved O&A and Stern :unsure:
I was a big O&A fan up until they got canned after the Sex for Sam disaster. They did some crazy stuff. 55 gallon drum challenge, rat eating.

I haven't heard much since. Liked Ron and Fez back then too.

I loved O&A and Stern :unsure:
I was a big O&A fan up until they got canned after the Sex for Sam disaster. They did some crazy stuff. 55 gallon drum challenge, rat eating.I haven't heard much since. Liked Ron and Fez back then too.
they aren't even together anymore. Anthony's extreme racism came out in some tweets 6 months ago or more and he got fired. Opie and Jim Norton do the show now. It's decent. Maybe slightly less funny with Anthony gone. But I don't miss his racist views.

Kind of sad you have to lie about not paying extra for Howard stern just to prove a point that doesn't make any sense over the internet.

You clearly worship Stern

Lol. Oh there's something sad here, Poptart. You got that right.

:lmao:

What do you think, about 14? 15 tops? Lol

Poptart is probably an Opie and Anthony fanboy. It's second fiddle syndrome. Inferiority complex. Howard fans don't feel the need to bash Opie, because they aren't threatened by that show. But Opie fans or Kid Chris fanboys have a very pathetic tendency to try to get everyone to hate Howard. I guess it's the greatest form of flattery if you're Stern.
I don't get the whole thing about fans of shows having inferiority complexes. Isn't it good if every show is good?

The most concentrated bashing of Stern I've ever seen is SFN. I think the number of fans that were into the show previously that don't think it's that great anymore (which would include me I suppose) far outnumber those who are "insecure" and choose to like other shows instead.

I still enjoy the show but will more easily change the station than in the past. The schtick of not understanding what any caller or JD is trying to convey has gotten painful to listen to. Sternthology ~2000-2009 are always great.

Anthony said on Jay Mohr podcast that he understands. There lives are different and Opie has a wife and 2 kids to look out for

It's definitely not as good as it used to be, but it is still better than 99% of whatever else is on.
Stop.

Think I've mentioned this before, but former Stern associate Kidd Chris (he did the Sulu Dance song, has done some bits for the show) has a daily show on iHeart. The "podcast" version (no songs) is usually 60-70 minutes, and has the flavor of old Stern. Lots of ball-busting, weirdos, parody songs, crank calls, etc. etc.
note: Kidd Chris's show is not That Kid Chris on itunes. Pretty funny expecting to hear Kidd Chris and then listening to that though, it's some techno-electronic DJ

My wife feels the same way about the early replays. Turns them right off

I.couldnt listen to him in the am because I was going to high school, but like belljar said, I watched that E show like it was going out of style. I still remember most of those shows

Jesus twins and feel my ubiquity. The give me more howard stern girl, hank and beattle. Ralph with his laser pointer on those poor girls. Dr sal calabra and his generosity.

I was young when the channel 9 show was on but I think I have some memories of that. For some reason I remember the snapple lady and half naked girls.
my memory is hazy too, but i remember a funny bit with Ted the Janitor in a hospital bed. totally escaping me now though

That Madonna interview was pretty boring. Not nearly as good as the other big name interviews they've had lately.

That Madonna interview was pretty boring. Not nearly as good as the other big name interviews they've had lately.
I've always disliked her and almost all of her music. Now after that interview... I like her less, and her new "music" is worse than the old stuff.

BTW... you're 57. I'm calling that "way too old" to be wearing a grill that makes you talk like you have marbles in your mouth.

ETA: the fact that she took a big #### on the State of Michigan pisses me off even more...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she is very stuffy and stiff. Knew it wasnt going to be great

I hope that was not garys best guest ever from a few months back.

I missed it live and only caught the whole thing in pieces the past couple of days. Yeah, nothing special, very softball interview.

Did they do a regular show before the interview the other day? Only hearing the interview on replays.

Users who are viewing this thread