What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike and the Mad Dog show (Not Done!) (2 Viewers)

If Mike Francesa was hosting radio in 1776...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptPBCSsPJR4
Pretty good.

Reminds me of this awesome imitation of Chris Russo's rant a few years ago on Pacman Jones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppKLhlpkKyg

The original classic rant by Russo, which is just as worth watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6ShZYlj68

"Who the hell is Pacman Jones? Some thug with a gun thinks he's gonna take the world in his hands? GO TO HELL!!"......"Get him the hell out of the league now! Have some guts, comissh. Show some guts! A little guts here!...GUTS!" I also miss hearing Russo say "finito!" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Raider Nation said:
Still can't believe how often he says "Let's be honest"... I mean, every sentence.

Didn't even realize it until Mushnick kept pointing it out. And the ironic part is that he's the world's biggest liar.
okay

shadyridr said:
Raider Nation said:
Still can't believe how often he says "Let's be honest"... I mean, every sentence.

Didn't even realize it until Mushnick kept pointing it out. And the ironic part is that he's the world's biggest liar.
okay
Embarrassing that you dispute this. Do some research.

I gave Mushnick a heads up about that YouTube clip, just in case he hadn't seen in. He put the word out today.

Second funniest take of the week came from Mike Francesa, who said that just-fired USC coach Lane Kiffin is obnoxious, abrasive and difficult to work with. Funniest, was that brilliant You-Tubed, Mike Zaun (“Mike’s On”) parody of Francesa as a 1776 Revolutionary War expert.
:excited:

Last edited by a moderator:
He had author Mark Fainaru-Wada (and his brother) in studio today to discuss their new book about how the NFL has covered up concussions for years. Anyway, he could... not.... pronounce the guy's name. It was hilarious.

How hard is it to sound out FAYNA-RU-WADDA?

I record his YES show every day for just such hilarity. I'll upload it after the baseball game.

He's one for his last seven NFL picks. 0-4 week 3 and 1-2 week 4.
Update: He went 1-2 in week 5.

Miami (L)

NYG (L)

GB (W)

He's now 10-13 against the spread. Today was the first time he didn't bother telling us his record before making his picks.

How very COWHERD of him.... :rolleyes:

Week 6 picks.

Three huge chalks. What could go wrong?

Seahawks -13.5

Texans-7

49ers -11

Also, please pay no mind to the fact that SEA is -14 and Houston is -9 almost everywhere except in his studio. How else do you expect the guy to catch up???

Miami (L)

NYG (L)

GB (W)

He's now 10-13 against the spread. Today was the first time he didn't bother telling us his record before making his picks.

Week 6 picks.

Seahawks -13.5

Texans-7

49ers -11

Also, please pay no mind to the fact that SEA is -14 and Houston is -9 almost everywhere except in his studio. How else do you expect the guy to catch up???
L

L

W (just squeaked it)

Now 11-15, and you won't hear a peep about it on Friday.

82.4% chance he says "I would have gone 2-1 on Sunday if Seattle's backup holder and kicker didn't botch a field goal attempt, resulting in a Titans touchdown."

Miami (L)

NYG (L)

GB (W)

Week 6 picks.

Seahawks -13.5

Texans-7

49ers -11

I assume the lines they use are probably whatever is in the NY Daily News that day.

-QG

Francesa kicked off today's show talking about the call at the end of Pats-Jets. Funny that he said he makes sure to read the new rules every year but didn't know about this one, especially since a mini controversy arose because the NFL's own press release on 2013 rule changes messed this one up.

But also, he keeps on saying how all year, there have been 400+ FGs kicked and that this call hasn't been *enforced* once. No, it hasn't been *called* once. You have no idea if this has or hasn't been enforced on every kick this year. That would mean it has continually been missed by the officials all season, when it may have only happened a handful of times.

Francesa kicked off today's show talking about the call at the end of Pats-Jets. Funny that he said he makes sure to read the new rules every year but didn't know about this one, especially since a mini controversy arose because the NFL's own press release on 2013 rule changes messed this one up.
Great catch. I just started the show a few minutes ago. First, he "admits" that nobody knew about this rule. CAN HE ADMIT THAT ON OUR BEHALF? Seems presumptuous. Then, as you said, he says he likes to read the rule book every year. :lmao: I can just see him on a late-August evening, telling Ro to put the kids to bed so he can head out onto the porch with the NFL rule book and a glass of red wine for a little peaceful reading.

What a clown.

Great catch. I just started the show a few minutes ago. First, he "admits" that nobody knew about this rule. CAN HE ADMIT THAT ON OUR BEHALF? Seems presumptuous. Then, as you said, he says he likes to read the rule book every year. :lmao: I can just see him on a late-August evening, telling Ro to put the kids to bed so he can head out onto the porch with the NFL rule book and a glass of red wine diet coke for a little peaceful reading.

What a clown.
Fixed

-QG

Raider Nation said:
RUSF18 said:
Great catch. I just started the show a few minutes ago. First, he "admits" that nobody knew about this rule. CAN HE ADMIT THAT ON OUR BEHALF? Seems presumptuous. Then, as you said, he says he likes to read the rule book every year. :lmao: I can just see him on a late-August evening, telling Ro to put the kids to bed so he can head out onto the porch with the NFL rule book and a glass of red wine for a little peaceful reading.

What a clown.
Do you listen to the BS Report?

You'd get a kick out of Cousin Sal and Simmons doing their Mike&Mad Dog stuff. GOOD JOB BY YOU BUDDY!

Fatso going after the guys behind the Francesco twitter feeds
So funny seeing him getting all riled up about this.

This isn't my Twitter account. I DON"T HAVE a Twitter account.

I tape his YES show every day and then blow through it at night (like now).

He actually spent three hours in a row talking about A-Rod today. Good Lord.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

I tape his YES show every day and then blow through it at night (like now).

He actually spent three hours in a row talking about A-Rod today. Good Lord.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
And he hangs up on callers who try to discuss something else. Doesn't want to confuse his listeners... :lol:

You guys are nuts. The guy has forgotten more than all of you will ever know. Show some respect. Bow!

:Royals won the WS in '85 though, lolz:

Users who are viewing this thread