What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Dry Dog Food (1 Viewer)

Any updates on what everyone is doing? I have been on taste if the wild salmon for a long time. Was going to switch it up but went in vacation and my wife picked up blue Buffalo chicken by accident instead of taste of the wild. She's about done with a small bag of that and I was going to find a taste of the wild.chicken version but about all I could find was the high prairie one which has buffalo, bison, and chicken. Not opposed to changing brands because of the Taurine issue. Taste of the wild has been putting Taurine in their food for a while now though. Not sure if it's and adequate fix. Meghan is a lab mix and therefore I think one of the susceptible breeds. Shes around 8 or so and seems pretty healthy.

Any updates on what everyone is doing? I have been on taste if the wild salmon for a long time. Was going to switch it up but went in vacation and my wife picked up blue Buffalo chicken by accident instead of taste of the wild. She's about done with a small bag of that and I was going to find a taste of the wild.chicken version but about all I could find was the high prairie one which has buffalo, bison, and chicken. Not opposed to changing brands because of the Taurine issue. Taste of the wild has been putting Taurine in their food for a while now though. Not sure if it's and adequate fix. Meghan is a lab mix and therefore I think one of the susceptible breeds. Shes around 8 or so and seems pretty healthy.
We switched Louie’s dog food this week to Kirkland’s other food thats not grain free. Think it’s chicken and rice as first two ingredients. Our vet wasn’t completely opposed but my wife’s sister has a vet who placed their dogs cardiac problems on the food. So we switched to be safe. So far he’s taken to it. We’re mixing it the first week. 

I have a 9 yr old Chocolate lab - we recently rescued a 1.5 yr old chocolate lab and decided to go with Authority's All Life Stages Salmon blend dry food and are very impressed with the quality.

There was noticeable improvement in the coats of both puppies within a few weeks.

We are now using Instincts Raw Beef formula. It's not the FDA's list yet so we're sticking with it.

As I posted earlier in this thread, we have used Wellness Core for our Dobermans for years. Great stuff IMO and has top ratings at dogfoodadvisor. We use both dry and canned food. It is not among the brands listed in the heart disease article.
+1 for wellness brand. Have used it for  many years...switched to core a few years ago

+1 for wellness brand. Have used it for  many years...switched to core a few years ago
I noticed this stuff was extra pricey. 28 lb bag of taste of the wild around $53 or something. 24 lb bag if Wellness core closer to $68 or something. My numbers could be slightly off. Will see how the high prairie taste of the wild goes. May try this later to mix it up a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed this stuff was extra pricey. 28 lb bag of taste of the wild around $53 or something. 24 lb bag if Wellness core closer to $68 or something. My numbers could be slightly off. Will see how the high prairie taste of the wild goes. May try this later to mix it up a little.
$58 for Core on Amazon with s&s

looks like $45 with s&s for TOTW

Looking for fresh recommendations. Been doing Taste of the Wild High Prairie for quite a while but my 9ish year old lab seems to be having alot of too soft poops lately with it. Time for a senior blend? I think I did a bag of Wellness Core a while.back.and IIRC she didn't seem to like it after the initial new taste interest. Might try again anyeays. Was looking at Nulo Freestyle Grain Free Senior Trout & Sweet Potato possibly.

Instinct raw food blend (usually chicken) is what I started using for our dogs.  13 yr old was having stomach issues but virtually none since I switched over about a year ago (from IAMS).  Just add a little dried liver - the raw organ meat is what makes the dog food so beneficial.

Looking for fresh recommendations. Been doing Taste of the Wild High Prairie for quite a while but my 9ish year old lab seems to be having alot of too soft poops lately with it. Time for a senior blend? I think I did a bag of Wellness Core a while.back.and IIRC she didn't seem to like it after the initial new taste interest. Might try again anyeays. Was looking at Nulo Freestyle Grain Free Senior Trout & Sweet Potato possibly.
Gonna give the Nulo a try. Amazon order coming tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread